Belmont Hall Reviews

Belmont Hall 6
  • Amber

Amber Johnson · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Belmont Hall Delaware

Perfect for our small town wedding! Such a beautiful place cannot wait to have our ceremony here October 2020

Sent on 01/28/2019

Amber,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! We can not wait for your wedding, too! Remember to call or email us with any problems or questions you might have. Your wedding date will come up more quickly then you imagine!
    Best wishes, The Staff of Belmont Hall

Gail D. Ford · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautifully Intimate

My daughter got married at Belmont Hall 2 weeks ago. The evening ceremony in the sunken garden was truly magical. We had a cocktail party style reception with guests inside and out. We have had so many compliments about the venue. The house and gardens are perfect for hosting a beautifully intimate wedding. Even though we had to deal with the nor'easter that weekend and didn't get to decorate outside as much as we originally planned, with so much natural beauty, it didn't matter. Belmont Hall is definitely a hidden gem!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Belmont Hall's reply:

Thank you, Gail, for the wonderful review of your daughter's wedding at Belmont Hall. It is gratifying to know that our grounds were a beautiful backdrop to your daughter's ceremony and that the historic house could make the reception so memorable. Thank you for your review!

Tereena · Married on 07/21/2018

I recently got married July 21st 2018, and everything was to be held here outside. But instead it rained terribly all day long. We were able to move the ceremony inside and although we couldn’t really get good pics due to the rain they offered us to come back any time to take pictures. The staff is very friendly and helpful!

Belmont Hall 7
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

Belmont Hall truly is a hidden gem. it is such a gorgeous property and ideal for a beautiful garden/outdoor wedding! the staff is friendly, offer great advice and are very responsive. The price is great too!! I would definitely reccomend this venue!

Anne-Marie · Married on 05/12/2017

Our experience with Belmont Hall was perfection. They were very quick to respond to all of my emails and questions. They were extremely accommodating - our caterer was not on their list of preferred vendors but they made everything work perfectly! The house and grounds were gorgeous and made for incredible pictures. I loved every part of our experience with Belmont and would absolutely recommend them!

Kristen · Married on 09/17/2016

Beautiful venue. We had our ceremony in the garden behind the house. It was absolutely perfect! No need for flowers because the pots had beautiful arrangements already in them. Allow chairs to be set up the day before and can be picked up the Monday after. There are separate rooms for the groom and bride to get ready. The coordinator helps with the timing of everyone going down the aisle.

Pauline · Married on 08/27/2016

We're so happy we chose Historic Belmont Hall as our wedding venue. The house and grounds are beautiful, and the staff was very helpful throughout the planning process!

Megan · Married on 07/10/2016

Belmont hall was perfect for our early morning wedding ceremony. Very beautiful scenery for photos! Our guests loved the outdoor space and garden. Missy was extremely helpful during the process of planning and the day of our wedding. We highly recommend this site for your ceremony and even if you decided to have an outdoor reception.

Ashley · Married on 09/24/2015

Friends of Belmont Hall made our wedding a small town dream come true. The hospitality presented by all staff was comforting to an anxious bride. The facility was freshly painted, and the staff arrived early to ensure all materials were cleaned up so that the area was presentable for our wedding. Furthermore, our wedding date was 80+ degrees; the staff at Belmont brought us a fan to increase comfort. From professionalism to small detailed assistance, the friends at Belmont Hall are a blessing!

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2015

We had a lunchtime wedding at Belmont Hall for 130 guests. It was absolutely beautiful. I could not have asked for a better day and a more helpful staff. They had tons of recommendations for caterers and rental companies. They showed us what other people have done and pretty much let us design our wedding how we wanted. The price was super affordable and the grounds are absolutely stunning. I can't wait to get my pictures back!

Susan · Married on 12/30/2014

Beautiful setting for a wedding or special event. I loved the idea of having several rooms to use allowing guests to flow. I had 30 people in attendance and it was comfortable for dinner, wedding and cocktails. Unless you are using outside I would not recommend more than 30 as the rooms are not large. Staff was accommodating and this is the perfect venue if you love historic homes and elegance.

• Karen

Karen · Married on 05/17/2014

Belmont Hall in Smyrna DE is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The house is amazing on its own, but the setting for a romantic vintage wedding is truly wonderful.

The staff at Belmont Hall is just wonderful. They know the history of the property and proudly will give you a tour. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Jennifer · Married on 09/28/2013

I love Belmont Hall! The home and grounds are beautiful. The friends of Belmont Hall were wonderful to my the fiancé and I. We had many changes to make throughout the wedding planning process and the friends of Belmont Hall were understanding and patient through the entire process. I always received fast responses when I contacted the venue and never felt like a bother. My ceremony in the sunken garden was all I ever dreamed of for my wedding day. We opted for natures beauty to decorate our ceremony and with the many beautiful flowers and plants that surround the area it was perfect. I love this venue, recommend it for all style weddings and can only say you won't be disappointed!

Monika · Married on 09/07/2013

Amazing place for any venue and the staff are very flexible and willing to help out. Could not have had a better venue for my wedding, especially considering the cost.

• Angela

Angela · Married on 08/17/2013

I'd spent weeks trying to find a venue for my wedding ceremony when I came across Belmont Hall. The location was gorgeous and the package was extremely reasonable. I was looking at country clubs that wanted to charge me $500 for one hour to do my wedding ceremony! Belmont Hall included four hours at a MUCH more reasonable price. There were even rooms to get ready in. I worked with Missy originally to get everything set up - she was amazing and easy to work with! There were two ladies there the evening of my rehearsal and the day of the wedding. Both were extremely kind and helpful, even to helping my flower girl know when to start walking down the aisle. I would not change a thing about my ceremony at Belmont Hall. The people were a pleasure to work with, and the location just what we were looking for!

Dawn · Married on 07/19/2013

The Belmont Hall is very unique and is very nice. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. They also provide the tables and chairs for any event and set them up and took them down. I love this place. The history is also very interesting. The grounds are very beautiful.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Belmont Hall's reply:

Rentals of Belmont Hall for house weddings and parties, etc. include the use of tables and chairs. We can not offer our house tables and chairs for outside events.

Carolyn · Married on 06/29/2013

We absolutely loved having the venue at Belmont Hall. They worked very well with us and the pricing was fair. They provided awesome staff to help make sure everything went smoothly and the rooms to get prepared in were amazing.

Liz · Married on 05/18/2013

I couldn't have picked a more perfect location to have our wedding! I had a rustic chic vision for our day and Belmont Hall fit the bill in beauty, affordability, friendliness and helpfulness of staff, and flexibility. Our ceremony was in the sunken garden and fit all 175 of our guests. I got changed in the upstairs of the historic home and took some wonderful photos in the grand stairwell with our bridal party. The grounds of Belmont are beautiful and offer endless options for photo opportunities. There was a beautiful dogwood tree my husband and I posed in front of, and I think we will attempt to replicate that photo for our future wedding anniversaries. We had a string quartet

Krista · Married on 06/28/2014

We had a beautiful wedding at Belmont Hall! The venue is so gorgeous, it required absolutely no extra decorations, etc. The staff is very accommodating. We had a wonderful experience!

larica · Married on 10/20/2018

Our Wedding at Belmont Hall

The Belmont was a perfect location for a wedding! The coordinators of the house were amazing and were flexible with arranging meetings and were available by email at anytime. The day of they had tables and chairs set up just as discussed and were available to assist with the guests. We did have some issues with homecoming kids on the property but again the coordinators tried to help move them from areas that the guests were in. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it!

Belmont Hall 8
    Belmont Hall 9
    Belmont Hall 10
    Belmont Hall 11
    Belmont Hall 12

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

This venue was perfect. We had 60 guests and received so many compliments on the location we chose. We really wanted to get married in their beautiful sunken garden but the weather didn't cooperate. Instead we had the ceremony in the doorway of the porch, overlooking the garden. Our guests sat all around us, some inside and some on the porch. It was beautiful. If your reception is going to be outside, be prepared if rain is anticipated. Have a tent. Get sides for the tent and adequate lighting. We also bought some huge umbrellas from Lowes to give to guests to use. And rain boots might not be a bad idea. I could not have bseen more pleased with the ladies at Belmont for all of their help coordinating things on that day as well. They were fantastic and very accommodating.

Tasha · Married on 08/03/2013

Belmont Hall was a beautiful place for my ceremony and reception. The grounds are picturesque and the house is a historic gem. I worked with Missy for my reservation, she was very knowledgeable and was great with communication. Belmont Hall was very affordable and did not have over bearing rules compared to similar venues

Denise · Married on 08/07/2016

3.5

Belmont Hall is a beautiful venue. The grounds are gorgeous. From the sunken and butterfly gardens to the actual house itself, you could not ask for a more naturally romantic setting.
    The staff is wonderful, professional, and accommodating. All questions and concerns are addressed within a timely manner.
    Take the house tour. View the grounds. Book your ceremony and or reception at the Historical Belmont Hall. You won't be disappointed!

Beautiful location, however due to it being an older house, we had a few difficulties throughout the night. The bathroom for us to use while getting ready only allowed four flushes before it stopped flushing entirely. Also, the electrical panel we were supposed to use blew five or six times immediately after our first dance. Luckily for us we had about 4-5 electricians attending our event that could eventually tell us we had too much power. We had to do most of the setting up the day of due to other events going on, which was manageable for us, but wouldn't be possible for everyone. The ladies there are great, just need a little more team work to be perfect. I understand we are the largest group Belmont Hall has probably ever had, and that's why I still recommend them.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Belmont Hall's reply:

The Friends of Belmont Hall are sorry for the problems you experienced. We were not aware of a problem with the upstairs toilet and have had the problem repaired. The electric problem has been taken care of, as well. Apparently, the 8 20 amp plugs in the inground box had been overloaded at one point and half of the plugs stopped working when the circuit blew. Both circuits and all 8 plugs now work. Electric plugs are available on the outside of the house, as well. Thank you for making us aware of these problems. We hope you have many happy memories of your wedding at Belmont Hall.