Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field Reviews

159 | Kitty Hawk, NC

159 Reviews for Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field

159 Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field Reviews

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Dorothy was so great to work with for our 9/22/2018 wedding! Originally my mom and I had met with Dorothy in December 2017 with a general idea of what we wanted. Dorothy was extremely professional throughout the year whenever we would speak and I am so impressed with her decorative eye!!! Dorothy ran with our loose plans and colors and everything just came to life so beautifully during our wedding. The bouquets were absolutely stunning!!!! Dorothy also decorated our reception venue and it was perfect.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 1
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 2

Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field's reply:

Oh Emily! Thank you for choosing us to be part of your wedding day! It was so you and gorgeous! Just the right amount of every detail. Heres to Joy and Happiness in all the years to come!

Alexa · Married on 07/12/2018

Bells and whistles by far made our wedding day perfect! We out all our trust in them regarding decorations and floral arrangements and everything turned out like a fairytale. We can’t thank you all enough for making our day so incredibly memorable!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field's reply:

It was dreamy! Thank you for letting us run with it. It truly couldn’t have been more perfect ❤️❤️

Emily · Married on 05/25/2018

Dorothy was so wonderful to work with! I was so happy with how everything turned out. When I first talked to her, I didn't have a clear vision of my wedding, but she helped guide me and made such good recommendations. The flower arrangements were breathtaking and the table arrangements were beyond anything I could have dreamed. I would definitely recommend Bells and Whistles!

Katlin · Married on 05/18/2018

We had a very good experience working with Bells and Whistles. Our center pieces and urns for the church/reception were beautiful. I was able to add charms that I had made to my bouquet which was a nice touch. The flowers and presentation certainly added a great deal to our wedding!

Lorraine · Married on 05/18/2018

The most beautiful Rehearsal Dinner decor I have ever seen. Was more than please. So many guests comments on the romantic georgous feel. The team was wonderful to work with.

Jenna · Married on 05/14/2018

Dorothy was phenomenal!!!! I had talked to a few different florists that just didn’t really do it for me…. until I connected with Dorothy. I was a bride that didn’t really have a vision (there was no secret Pinterest Board for this girl) and she was so kind and patient with me. She talked me through every step of the process – provided recommendations based on my venue - provided visuals when I couldn’t quite grasp what her vision was - reworked my quote when I changed my mind for the 10th time – all with genuine passion and enthusiasm. I especially knew I had picked the “one” when we drove down to OBX from Boston in January for our pre-planning visits with our vendors. It had been snowing in OBX and the temperatures were unseasonably low - the roads were completely covered in inches of ice. For a Boston girl like myself, this was nothing, but I knew that in a place like OBX – the island probably shut-down in these conditions. Dorothy knew that this was our only opportunity to meet, as we would not be back down before the wedding and braved the elements to keep the existing appointment we had made. It sounds so silly, but this really meant so much to us, as we really wanted to connect personally with our vendors before our wedding in May. She was just as lovely, talented and creative in person as she was over the phone. Our florals came out better than I could have ever imagined. Dorothy (and team) listened to what I envisioned and executed it flawlessly (for someone who had no vision – I was very particular in what I wanted). The flowers were beautiful and so fresh. Our bouquets were GORGEOUS. I cannot tell you how many people complimented them. We had two very young flower girls and she made the most adorable flower crowns and wands for them to use – they loved it. The venue couldn’t have looked better – she completely transformed the space and gave it that romantic feel we so desperately wanted. We cannot say enough great things about the Bells & Whistles team.

Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 3
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 4
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 5
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 6

Courtney · Married on 05/04/2018

Dorothy was amazing. She was soo patient and helpful. Up until the wedding day, she was still helping us in any way she could! No surprise why she was referred to us by so many people, as I will of course refer her to anyone and everyone!

Jaime · Married on 04/28/2018

Dorothy did a beautiful job with our wedding flowers! Admittedly, I had very little "vision" in the floral department. I just knew I wanted something beautiful that wouldn't break the bank. Dorothy took my lack of ideas and ran with it, coming up with a bouquet that received countless compliments on the big day! She did boutineers for all the guys, and the corsages for the mothers and grandmothers were SO elegant. The centerpieces were magazine-worthy and my hairpiece - the only thing that I was very specific on - turned out perfectly!! They were responsive during the planning process and were prompt with delivery the day of! I was so pleased with everything they did for us and cannot thank them enough! :)

Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 7
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 8
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 9

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2018

Dorothy made my dreams a reality! My event was gorgeous because of her and her team. Not only did she do everything we had spoken about, but she went above and beyond. The ceremony on the beach was picture perfect and the dining tables were out of my dreams. After the ceremony, she repurposed my rentals so that I could use them all night long - it made such a difference to have the glow of lanterns all around. I could not be happier with the outcome!

Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 10
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 15
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 16
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 17

Shari · Married on 04/07/2018

Dorothy was awesome to work with. The flowers looked better than I imagined. The week before my event, Dorothy called to check on me and asked if I needed anything more. Every detail was handled expertly. I would recommend her for your event.

Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 18
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 19
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 20

Chelsea & Mathias · Married on 03/24/2018

Dorothy was incredible to work with from start to finish. We were married March 24, 2018 at the Kitty Hawk Pier, and worked with Bells & Whistles since summer of 2017. Though we planned our wedding long-distance and never got to meet Dorothy until the day of, she took a great deal of time speaking with us both on conference calls, to really get a “feel” for who we are and what our style is. She pulled up my Pinterest account to better acquaint herself with what we liked, when I was unable to articulate verbally exactly what we were looking for. A last-minute purchase of statement earrings changed my vision on the flower crown, and I gave Dorothy full liberty to decide on the final product for me. I cried when I saw my crown and the bouquet, it was perfect! Also, she was great at working with us to stay within our budget and working to ensure we had the most important elements for our venue décor. Dorothy was so detail oriented, when we decided last-minute to add Duck donuts in addition to our cake, she offered platters and even offered to call Duck Donuts to find out what assortment they were making for us so she could make signs so our guests knew what donuts we offered. (I did not have time the day before the wedding!). We would highly recommend Dorothy for her professionalism, quality of products (flowers, ribbon, plants and greenery, china, platters, décor, vases, candles, etc.). If you are fortunate to see her shop, you will see all of the lovely items she has to offer, and I’m sure we didn’t even scratch the surface. Thank you Dorothy!

Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 21
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 22
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 23
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 24
    Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field 25

Jacquelyn · Married on 09/23/2017

We had a wonderful experience working with Bells and Whistles for our September wedding! Joanna was amazing and very fun to work with, and we had a blast planning all the details to make our dream wedding come to life! The greenery chandelier was stunning, and all of the flowers were beautiful! My bridal bouquet was incredible, and they even made a matching hair piece with greenery! I would highly recommend Bells and Whistles, we were so pleased with the way everything turned out!!

deb · Married on 09/16/2017

I can not say enough about Dorothy! We met with her for my daughter's wedding. Initially my daughter thought she wanted a "beach theme", but Dorothy had the insight to dig deeper into "who my daughter is" and what makes her happy. She's an artist...so, Dorothy asked about creating an "artistic" wedding using many colors, having my daughter create this beautiful 3 panel painting as the backdrop for the wedding and spinning all the decor around her painting. It was so personalized to who my daughter is and what she loves, art. We received so many compliments from our guests. They have never seen such a colorful wedding done so tastefully. The flowers were ABSOLUTELY amazing and breathtaking. Dorothy thought of all the small details; signage, shoe valet, escort card designs, back drop for guest photos (yet another painting), a huge sign with the wedding date to block off the pool area and use as a backdrop for the dance floor. I could go on, but you get the point. If you are having a wedding in the outer banks, NC.... Bells & Whistles (Dorothy) is really the only choice for your decor. Thanks again for a memorable wedding!

Merry · Married on 07/08/2017

I absolutely loved working with Dorothy to create my dream wedding! She did such a great job incorporating everything that I wanted and making it even more beautiful than I imagined! She made a gorgeous tree for the entryway that had our guest seating assignments hanging from coral ribbons surrounded by gorgeous greenery, roses, and drift wood. Dorothy did a fabulous job creating the rustic beach theme I had envisioned. I would definitely recommend her to any bride!

Sydney · Married on 06/24/2017

We couldn't be happier with the flowers and decor for our wedding at Pirates Cove Marina. Amazing work!

Thank you!
    Sydney & Spencer Kolesar

Dawn · Married on 06/24/2017

Absolutely LOVED our flowers for our wedding. Joanna took my ideas and made them better! I have had a lot of compliments on the vibrancy and beauty. I would absolutely use Bells and Whistles again.

amanda · Married on 06/22/2017

Bells & Whistles did NOT disappoint!! I worked with Joanna and she was always so quick to respond to my calls and emails!!! I met with her and explained my vision and she understood it completely. The flowers at my wedding were absolutely beautiful!!! Everything was exactly as I wanted it!! We were outside setting up the reception and she happily stepped right in to help!! I would call and/or email her constantly and she was always so happy to help me! I wish I could give 10 stars. I highly recommend Bells & Whistles, you won't be disappointed!!!

Dani · Married on 04/02/2017

While we did most of our reception decor ourselves, we relied on Bells and Whistles for our bouquets and our ceremony decor, and it was certainly one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding vendor team!! My bridal bouquet was everything I ever dreamed of (and I had a pretty specific vision) and the bridesmaids bouquets matched perfectly. I cried when they dropped the flowers off at the house where we were getting ready because they were so beautiful!! The ceremony setup was exactly what I wanted, too - beachy and casual and totally perfect.

Communication with the team was great and it was easy to send photos of what I liked along the way for inspiration.

Thank you, Bells and Whistles, for my perfect bridal flowers and everything else you did for us, and for being a part of our amazing day!!

The communication

Gail · Married on 10/29/2016

My advice would be to use Dorothy Bell's and Whistles for your wedding flowers. She recently did our wedding and the flower arrangements for the attendants, church and reception were AMAZING. She really listened to us and understood exactly what we liked and disliked in floral arrangements. Our guest were constantly asking "who did your flowers"? Thank you Dorothy!!

Kelly · Married on 10/22/2016

Bells & Whistles has incredible vision. They were able to take everything we wanted and bring it to life. The flowers, lighting and beer "hops" we wanted for our alter made our pictures absolutely stunning. To top it off, they found my dream flowers "peonies" for my bouquet completely off-season. No idea how, but it brought tears to my eyes. These ladies are truly incredible at what they do.

Molly · Married on 09/24/2016

Dorothy and her team at Bells & Whistles made our wedding PERFECT!!! They provided the most creative and gorgeous decorations and flowers. We got married on the beach and their mix of bright pops of color, lights, and natural elements truly set the stage for our amazing day. Dorothy was very responsive to emails and phone calls and she shared ideas with me openly. When I needed to modify our budget, she worked with me until we found something that worked for us-which really meant a lot to me! I can't say enough about how beautiful and fun everything looked. I HIGHLY recommend their services!!!

Amy · Married on 09/20/2016

I was completely stunned when my flowers arrived at our ceremony site. It was exactly what I had pictured. I let Dorothy and were creative staff do what they do best and create a wonderful bouquet for me and my daughter plus one boutonniere for my husband and only sending them one picture of what I had in mind. Nothing but perfect. My bouquet is now dried in a shadow box haning on my wall. Dorothy, thank you!!!

• F

Fran · Married on 09/17/2016

Dorothy is extremely creative. Completely trust her judgement or challenge her with your ideas as we continuously did. Either way you will be thoroughly pleased. All of our ideas were incorporated with Dorothy's creativity to achieve exactly what we envisioned. She's the best, not a question.

Jamie · Married on 09/10/2016

There are not enough positive things that I can say about Dorothy and her team. We were completely blown away by their work, and they made all of our dreams come true!!! Thank you, thank you for helping create the most amazing day of our lives!!!

Xoxoxo