Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Lesharo
    Lesharo Married on 12/11/2021

Wedding Dream Come True

Dorothy was a pleasure to work with. She brought the vision for my wedding to life within my budget. She was also very kind and patient with me through all of my indecisiveness. The bouquets she creating were absolutely beautiful!!! Therefore, I would highly highly recommend Bells and whistles for any event! She will truly bring your dream to life!
  • Jill
    Jill N. Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing florist!

Dorothy from Bells and Whistles did an outstanding job with the flowers/arbor for our wedding! I sent her pictures of ideas of what I wanted for flowers and decorations and she did exactly what I was looking for, but exceeded my expectations!! The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and high quality! I was beyond thrilled with them!! I would highly recommend her!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

We were able to acquire the most exquisite blooms!!! Your flowers were magical! Loved creating for you... thank you for giving me freedom to be creative.
    Lauren S. Married on 11/06/2021

Flowers extraordinaire!

Both our daughter’s weddings were done by Flower Field/Belle and Whistles.
    The flowers were extraordinary. There is nothing run of the mill with their decor and arrangements .
    Our latest wedding was supposed to be on the beach A wicked Nor’easter meant no beach wedding. They calmed us down and moved everything into the tent. It was beautiful and great memories were made.
    If you want a vendor who listens to you and can trust to make your event special, this is the one!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Awe, Lauren! We love being a part of such big events in your families lives, of course we want to make it perfect for you all! There is nothing more important to us than making sure every detail is seamless and taken care of. Thank you for always putting your faith in us! Not sure what might be next, but look forward to what might be next in the future!!!
  • Cara
    Cara K. Married on 10/15/2021

Blew my expectations out of the water!!!

Dorothy did an absolutely amazing job bringing to my vision to life...and it was even better than what I had envisioned! Everything was gorgeous, high-quality, and sturdy. I highly HIGHLY recommend Bells & Whistles!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Such a pleasure creating for you! I am so glad you found the online gallery helpful in choosing your design and you trusted us to make the tweaks you requested. Thank you for choosing us!
    Brooke Married on 10/10/2021

Beautiful Flowers

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding flowers. They turned out so beautiful and Dorothy was a pleasure to work with. She was very thorough and detailed in learning about myself, my dress and my maid of honor in order to help her choose the right design. She brought our vision to life with the wooden alter draped in fabric and floral sprays. We were faced with a tough decision on the day of wedding as it was supposed to be outside, but the weather was bad. We had to make a decision to put the alter inside and everyone was so flexible. Everything was perfect!
  • April
    April Married on 10/09/2021

Everything and more!

Dorothy captured my vision so beautifully and was a pleasure to work with during the whole process. The rest of the decor she supplied for our ceremony and reception was just as gorgeous as the florals. Everything was even better than what I had pictured in my head!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Loved working with you and your creative mind! It was such a pleasure making pretty arrangements to enhance your vision. Thank you for giving us creative license. Hope we get to work with you on more fun projects!
  • JoAnn
    Joann J. Married on 10/02/2021

Most receptive to the needs and desires of the client

Planning for a wedding can be very stressful and overwhelming. Dorothy is kind and patient, hearing the desires of the client. She is a very talented lady that seems to have a treasure trove of wonderful decorations tucked away in her shop. Could not be more pleased how she captured the look we were seeking for our event.
  • Stewart
    Stewart F. Married on 10/02/2021

Simply the best!!!!!

Dorothy is an incredibly talented artist! From start to finish she collaborated on our vision and exceeded all expectations!! I will never forget the moment we walked into our reception - it felt like a dream - absolutely stunning! Dorothy and team are very responsive and professional. She is so much more than a florist! Lighting, room decor, lounge sets, farm house tables, table arrangements - she has everything to turn any dream into a reality!!! Yall - run do not walk to book her services!!!!!!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Stewart!!!!! You were such a classic beautiful bride, an amazing client and a dream to work with!!!! Thank you for trusting us! We loved it!
  • Katy
    Katy M. Married on 09/25/2021

Couldn’t be happier!

Dorothy is absolutely amazing! She is so sweet, creative, and talented. She brought my vision to life and then some! I highly recommend her for any of your floral needs, especially weddings! Her expertise, love for her craft and clients shines. Do yourself a favor!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Katy, I loved working with you from the beginning!!!! You had vision and also let me run with it!!! It gave us the ability to create some poignant focal points and truly unique bouquets! Thank you for trusting us to make some magic for your wedding day!
  • Catherine
    Catherine M. Married on 09/18/2021

Dream Wedding

Look no further! Dorothy is absolutely amazing in every way. From start to finish, I trusted her creative ability to turn my venue into a dream. My venue was at the Norfolk Chrysler Museum because I fell in love with the beautiful staircase that she turned into a magical scene out of Romeo & Juliet. You don't need to think about décor because Dorothy can transform any venue with her flowers and attention to detail! From floor to ceiling, she'll take your vision to the next level! All I can say is that she transformed my wedding into a dreamy indoor garden party for the Gatsby's!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

loved it! Cant wait to see your photos... Send them over!!!! Loved working with you and Nick. And thank you for trusting me, clients who do really get so much more than what they pay for.
  • Michele
    Michele Married on 05/31/2021

Effortless and more than I ever imagined!

Dorothy was simply amazing. She turned our rental into a fairytale for our reception for our COVID mini wedding! I honestly just had a short conversation with her and sent her a few photos and the information about the house and she went from there to create the perfect decor! The best part was that the wedding was on Monday and we got to enjoy the flowers all week! My bouquet was so beautiful it made me cry (luckily before my makeup!)
    Thank you so much Dorothy for making my wedding day feel like a fairy tale!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

It was such an honor to be part of your wedding. I so enjoyed the time I was in yours and your families company. May all the blessings continually flow to you and yours!
  • Linda
    Linda B. Married on 05/16/2021

Amazing!!!

We had our wedding at a beachfront home in the Outer Banks and chose Bells & Whistles for both our flowers and our event decor. I cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience was. Working with Dorothy was simply amazing. She handled everything, from the beach ceremony to the reception at our house, and everything was beautiful, and went seamlessly. She clearly demonstrated her expertise! The flowers she supplied were gorgeous - and she incorporated every color in the scheme I had chosen! I kept the flowers at the house after the wedding and enjoyed them for the entire week! They were so fresh and amazing! Dorothy was so friendly and easy to work with - I would choose her again in a heartbeat for any other event I would have! I HIGHLY recommend her and Bells & Whistles!!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Linda, it was such a pleasure working with you and Dave. Loved learning about your story together and Loved (most) turning your wedding day into a memorable experience! Thank you!

Mary B. Married on 04/11/2021

Bells and Whistles for a Beautiful Wedding

Dorothy did a wonderful job with our wedding bouquets/boutonnieres, floral arrangements, wedding decor and table arrangements for our spring wedding. We were impressed with her ability to listen to our ideas and translate those to the beautiful final product for our special day. The table decor and memory table were exactly the beachy spring look we had hoped for and the flowers that Dorothy added to our wedding cake display were perfect! We found Dorothy easy to work with, knowledgable and creative. We would highly recommend Dorothy and Bells and Whistles . Thank you Dorothy for helping to make our wedding day so perfect.

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Mary! Loved creating for you and Mack! Thank you for turning the vision over to me and letting me run with it!

• Christine
    Christine B. Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely amazing

Bells and Whistles was outstanding. Everything was gorgeous!!!❤️❤️❤️
    Kelly S. Married on 10/02/2020

Beautiful Wedding Flowers

Bells and Whistles provided flowers for greenery for my wedding, along with a beautiful display for our dessert donuts. Dorothy was so flexible and fun to work with, brining my vision to life from my pinterest board. She also had a great little wand for my very young flower girl, that she had a great time twirling around! Dorothy and team also did all of the lighting in our clear top tent, which was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for making our day so wonderful!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Awe Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to let us and everyone else know how you feel! Loved working with you and making it all lovely and easy for you.
    Best wishes for a lifetime of love!
    Dorothy
  • Cindy
    Cindy Married on 08/22/2020

Beautiful Summer Wedding 2020

My daughter was married on 8-22-20 at the Outerbanks. We met Dorothy Heath at the annual OBX Wedding Expo about one year prior to the wedding and really connected with her right away. All of the planning was conducted over the phone and via email coordination as we live out of state. Dorothy captured my daughter’s style and vision perfectly. She was so wonderful to work with and surpassed all of our expectations! Dorothy is an amazing artist! She stayed within the budget we set forth and had the most wonderful ideas! She recommended things we would never have thought! She turned the wedding reception into an absolutely beautiful summer garden with elegant touches of gold accents and flickering candlelight! We were completely blown away! Our friends are still talking about how beautiful everything was. The bridal bouquet and bridesmaid flowers were so gorgeous with the most amazing cabbage roses! Our flowers girl Halos were darling and the sweetheart table..wow!! We will be forever grateful to Dorothy and her amazing team for creating a magical day during a stressful pandemic year. Bells and Whistles surpassed all of our expectations in every way!!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Blushing over here! Thank you Cindy for all your kind words and praise! Thank you for choosing us and giving us the freedom to create the magic in our craft. It was such a pleasure working with you and for you. Wishing you all All the best, Dorothy
  • Margaret
    Margaret C. Married on 11/29/2019

Beyond happy with Bells & Whistles!!!!

I could not have been any happier with my wedding flowers, decorations..... It was like Dorothy could read my mind!!! When I walked in and saw our room, I was overwhelmed!!! Dorothy sat down and listened to my desires and she met them beyond what I thought was possible....
    Peggy F. Married on 10/12/2019

My daughter’s spectacular wedding!!

Dorothy did an awesome job. My daughter and I were worried about working from a distance but Dorothy was able to do a gorgeous mock up of the tables and send us pictures! Her talent in understanding our vision and executing it flawlessly is to be commended. We would highly recommend her!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Thank you for placing your faith in me. Loved how beautifully it all turned out! What a beautiful day you all were blessed with.
  • Terrie
    Terrie C. Married on 09/14/2019

Beautiful Reception Lighting

Bells and Whistles set up the fabric and lighting at the Sanderling Resort in the Pavilion for my reception. It couldn't have been more elegant and beautiful!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Thank you Terrie! It was our pleasure making it special for you! Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca S. Married on 08/10/2019

LOVE Bells and Whistles!!!

Dorothy and her team were incredible, and truly brought my vision of our wedding to life! Dorothy met with me several times prior to the wedding, and was always available when I needed to call to discuss our flowers and decor. I could not recommend Bells and Whistles for an Outer Banks wedding more!

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Rebecca, we loved being part of your fairytale wedding day!!! It was magic all the way around. So happy for you and Taylor! Heres to a lifetime of joy and happiness! Thanks for trusting us to be part of your wedding day!
  • Bina
    Bina S. Married on 08/07/2019

More than I knew I wanted

Creativity; romance; out of the box; garden colors; I could go on and on. I had a destination wedding where I planned everything through email and phone. The flowers and décor were wonderful. I wanted to incorporate my indian heritage with the outdoors at the baech on a golf course. We did it!
    On one of those rare days we had storms come through. Dorothy and her team quickly figured out a plan B. Everything turned out well.
  • Melinda
    Melinda Married on 08/02/2019

Just beautiful!

Dorothy was truly amazing! She took the time to see what my vision was for my wedding. She way over exceeded my expectations and everything was so beautiful. My boutique and my bridesmaid boutiques went together so amazingly. I couldn't have been more happy with how she brought my ideas to life and gave great recommendations to make it even better.

Bells & Whistles at the Flower Field's reply:

Awe Melinda! So good to hear from you! It was my pleasure helping you in every way. Your photos are GORGEOUS! I am so happy for you. It all turned out so beautifully!!!
    Thanks again for choosing us! All the best!
    Teresa D. Married on 07/22/2019

Elopement in the beach

I needed to order flowers for me and my fiancée’s planned elopement on the beach. I found Dorothy of Bells and Whistles florists online and corresponded with Dorothy via email about our special day. I described my favorite flowers to her and she was able to create that into a beautiful bouquet, arch and corsages. I received many compliments on the bouquet and the flower arch was amazing! The flowers added beautiful color and decor to the best day ever!
  • Teresa
    Teresa (. Married on 07/22/2019

Beautiful summer flowers

Me and my fiancee decided to elope. In two week planning time period I was able to find a local florist for our beach elopement. Dorothy of Bells and Whistles florists was prompt at replying to my inquiry. I described my favorite flowers and style to Dorothy via email and she was able to transform that into a gorgeous bouquet, flower arch, corsage and bouts. The flowers were bright colorful and just what I was envisioning. It added so much spark to my special day!