149 Reviews for Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field

Venue Visit (1)
Flower Crowns (1)
Flower Girl Baskets (1)
149 Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field Reviews

Dorothy was awesome to work with. The flowers looked better than I imagined. The week before my event, Dorothy called to check on me and asked if I needed anything more. Every detail was handled expertly. I would recommend her for your event.

Photo for Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field Review - Rehearsal  Dinner
Photo for Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field Review - Prep for Rehearsal Dinner
Photo for Bells & Whistles @ The Flower Field Review - Assembly  of centerpieces
Profile Picture Shari, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We had a wonderful experience working with Bells and Whistles for our September wedding! Joanna was amazing and very fun to work with, and we had a blast planning all the details to make our dream wedding come to life! The greenery chandelier was stunning, and all of the flowers were beautiful! My bridal bouquet was incredible, and they even made a matching hair piece with greenery! I would highly recommend Bells and Whistles, we were so pleased with the way everything turned out!!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I can not say enough about Dorothy! We met with her for my daughter's wedding. Initially my daughter thought she wanted a "beach theme", but Dorothy had the insight to dig deeper into "who my daughter is" and what makes her happy. She's an artist...so, Dorothy asked about creating an "artistic" wedding using many colors, having my daughter create this beautiful 3 panel painting as the backdrop for the wedding and spinning all the decor around her painting. It was so personalized to who my daughter is and what she loves, art. We received so many compliments from our guests. They have never seen such a colorful wedding done so tastefully. The flowers were ABSOLUTELY amazing and breathtaking. Dorothy thought of all the small details; signage, shoe valet, escort card designs, back drop for guest photos (yet another painting), a huge sign with the wedding date to block off the pool area and use as a backdrop for the dance floor. I could go on, but you get the point. If you are having a wedding in the outer banks, NC.... Bells & Whistles (Dorothy) is really the only choice for your decor. Thanks again for a memorable wedding!

Profile Picture deb, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

I absolutely loved working with Dorothy to create my dream wedding! She did such a great job incorporating everything that I wanted and making it even more beautiful than I imagined! She made a gorgeous tree for the entryway that had our guest seating assignments hanging from coral ribbons surrounded by gorgeous greenery, roses, and drift wood. Dorothy did a fabulous job creating the rustic beach theme I had envisioned. I would definitely recommend her to any bride!

Profile Picture Merry, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We couldn't be happier with the flowers and decor for our wedding at Pirates Cove Marina. Amazing work!

Thank you!
Sydney & Spencer Kolesar

Profile Picture User7017545, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Absolutely LOVED our flowers for our wedding. Joanna took my ideas and made them better! I have had a lot of compliments on the vibrancy and beauty. I would absolutely use Bells and Whistles again.

Profile Picture Dawn, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Bells & Whistles did NOT disappoint!! I worked with Joanna and she was always so quick to respond to my calls and emails!!! I met with her and explained my vision and she understood it completely. The flowers at my wedding were absolutely beautiful!!! Everything was exactly as I wanted it!! We were outside setting up the reception and she happily stepped right in to help!! I would call and/or email her constantly and she was always so happy to help me! I wish I could give 10 stars. I highly recommend Bells & Whistles, you won't be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture amanda, 6/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

While we did most of our reception decor ourselves, we relied on Bells and Whistles for our bouquets and our ceremony decor, and it was certainly one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding vendor team!! My bridal bouquet was everything I ever dreamed of (and I had a pretty specific vision) and the bridesmaids bouquets matched perfectly. I cried when they dropped the flowers off at the house where we were getting ready because they were so beautiful!! The ceremony setup was exactly what I wanted, too - beachy and casual and totally perfect.

Communication with the team was great and it was easy to send photos of what I liked along the way for inspiration.

Thank you, Bells and Whistles, for my perfect bridal flowers and everything else you did for us, and for being a part of our amazing day!!

The communication

Profile Picture Dani, 4/2/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My advice would be to use Dorothy Bell's and Whistles for your wedding flowers. She recently did our wedding and the flower arrangements for the attendants, church and reception were AMAZING. She really listened to us and understood exactly what we liked and disliked in floral arrangements. Our guest were constantly asking "who did your flowers"? Thank you Dorothy!!

Profile Picture User7382198, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Bells & Whistles has incredible vision. They were able to take everything we wanted and bring it to life. The flowers, lighting and beer "hops" we wanted for our alter made our pictures absolutely stunning. To top it off, they found my dream flowers "peonies" for my bouquet completely off-season. No idea how, but it brought tears to my eyes. These ladies are truly incredible at what they do.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Dorothy and her team at Bells & Whistles made our wedding PERFECT!!! They provided the most creative and gorgeous decorations and flowers. We got married on the beach and their mix of bright pops of color, lights, and natural elements truly set the stage for our amazing day. Dorothy was very responsive to emails and phone calls and she shared ideas with me openly. When I needed to modify our budget, she worked with me until we found something that worked for us-which really meant a lot to me! I can't say enough about how beautiful and fun everything looked. I HIGHLY recommend their services!!!

Profile Picture Molly, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I was completely stunned when my flowers arrived at our ceremony site. It was exactly what I had pictured. I let Dorothy and were creative staff do what they do best and create a wonderful bouquet for me and my daughter plus one boutonniere for my husband and only sending them one picture of what I had in mind. Nothing but perfect. My bouquet is now dried in a shadow box haning on my wall. Dorothy, thank you!!!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/20/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Delivery

Dorothy is extremely creative. Completely trust her judgement or challenge her with your ideas as we continuously did. Either way you will be thoroughly pleased. All of our ideas were incorporated with Dorothy's creativity to achieve exactly what we envisioned. She's the best, not a question.

Profile Picture Fran, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

There are not enough positive things that I can say about Dorothy and her team. We were completely blown away by their work, and they made all of our dreams come true!!! Thank you, thank you for helping create the most amazing day of our lives!!!

Xoxoxo

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Dorothy and Bells and Whistles the Flower Field are truly the best. From the initial meeting with Dorothy talking about our vision, to the amazing, gorgeous, perfect dream come to life at our wedding. We got married on the beach and the arbor and surrounding flowers and decor were gorgeous. She offers the ability to create your own centerpieces, which we did. We brought the vases to her shop, we picked our own flowers, and with Dorothy's guidance created our own personal centerpieces for our wedding. Truly amazing! We loved Dorothy and our entire experience! Kel and Trish

Profile Picture Kellie A, 7/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Corsages, Flower Girl Baskets, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Dorothy and the rest of the team at Bells & Whistles was incredible! I knew I wanted lights strung over the backyard and pool and it looks better than I could have imagined. I wouldn't trust anyone else in OBX for your lighting needs! For decor and flowers - I didn't really have a clear preference. I knew my color scheme but didn't have a vision for flowers, bouquets or our ceremony arbor. With a small budget and no direction -- Dorothy KILLED IT! The decor was exactly what I wanted (but didn't know). It was simple but perfect!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

I am sitting here trying to come up with the words to describe Dorothy and the flowers she created for my wedding but I am at a loss for words. She took my ideas, inspiration, and vision, and turned it into something that was so beautiful that I couldn't have come up with it in my wildest dreams. My bouquet was the most beautiful bouquet I have ever laid eyes on. Every single detail was thought of and they all arrived on time and couldn't have been more perfect. If ANYONE is looking for a florist and event designer, you have to go to Dorothy. Easily one of the best investments we made for our wedding...

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Dorothy did an amazing job with our flowers and decor. It was exactly what I was looking for and was gorgeous! Very flexible with our changing proposal and worked extremely well with other vendors. Cant recommend her enough!! There really are no words to describe how perfect everything was!

Profile Picture Tori, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Bells and Whistles exceeded and surpassed all of our expectations. They provided stunning arrangements, centerpieces, floral dog collar, bridal bouquet, a Driftwood Arch adorned with flowers, sand dollar escort cards, etc. Everything was breathtakingly beautiful!!! Absolutely stunning!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Dorothy and her team were great! Our wedding was so beautiful thanks to them. She took my vision and rolled with it. I knew from the moment I found Bells & Whistles online and looked through their portfolio that I wanted to use them for our wedding. I worked with Dorothy through email since it was an out of town wedding for me and she made things very easy. She even made time to meet with myself and my mom a few months before the wedding when we were visiting. Fantastic team and fantastic work!

Profile Picture Kate, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Dorothy, is simply wonderful! Our ceremony decor, the centerpieces, and my gorgeous bouquets......truely speechless. I loved everything and she made our black n gold wedding classy.
Danielle and Mike Westbrook Goooo Steelers

Profile Picture Daniellle, 2/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Dorothy and her team made my floral dreams come true! My wedding felt like a fairy tale because of their talent and hard work. Would definitely recommend Bells & Whistles to future OBX brides! -Paige

Profile Picture Paige, 12/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our wedding was somewhat a destination wedding and I like to think that I was a pretty easy bride to deal with. With that said, I pretty much put all my trust in Dorothy and her team to decorate for my wedding and I have no regrets! The decorations and flowers were absolutely amazing! It was beyond what I pictured and was super excited and pleased with everything the day off.

Profile Picture User5562740, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Dorothy and the girls at Bells and Whistles went ABOVE and BEYOND for our wedding day. Plans changed last minute due to the weather and they still made every attempt to make everything as beautiful as ever. We were floored when we walked into the reception. They did an amazing job!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews