Bellefield Greathouse and Gardens Reviews

25 Reviews for Bellefield Greathouse and Gardens

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 01/19/2019

Ahhhhmazing

Our wedding at Bellefield was absolutely amazing. I knew the venue was going to be stunning from the pics, but when we got to see it the day before the wedding - I was floored. The venue is absolutely stunning and honestly the amazing pictures barely do it justice!

Angella and the Bellefield team were an absolute pleasure to work with. Very responsive before the wedding and helping us choose vendors to work with. The day of everything ran so smoothly, they made me feel like a princess - my drink was literally never empty and they even served us food to make sure we ate between all the mingling. I can't recommend Bellefield enough. My only negative is that the day is over and now I have to find another reason to go back to Bellefield!!!!

Also OMG the food - it was so amazing and honestly our guests are still talking about it. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Even if you don't get married here, go to the restaurant! The chef is soooooo good!!!

Sent on 01/30/2020

Amanda Stewart · Married on 12/18/2018

Beautiful Grounds

I have been to weddings at Bellefield before and the ground are beautiful . I knew I wanted to have our wedding here my husband love the venue after the first visit . Kerry and her entire team answered all my queries and helped to make our wedding a beautiful one . Thank you so much Kerry

Sent on 12/24/2018
  • Kaya

Kaya Thomas Wilson · Married on 11/25/2018

Beautifully natural and intimate venue

Kerry was incredibly professional and responsive in our correspondence about the booking Bellefield. She showed us the wide range of packages available and we selected the buffet with the open bar and three appetizers with limited drinks for cocktail hour.

The venue was perfect for our size wedding of a little over 50 guests. The ceremony out front was beautiful our bridal party stood on the steps making an arch while me and my husband were in the center. Cocktail hour was by the fountain and there were also tours of the inside of the Greathouse. The reception was behind the house where there is a wide open space and we had a large tent place there. Bellefield provided the benches for the ceremony as well as the table and chairs for the reception.

My bridesmaids and I got ready in the two powder rooms available which fit the 8 of us plus my mom and Grandma. There was plenty of AC so we stayed cool while getting our makeup done! We ordered fruit, sandwiches and juice from Bellefield since we were there from the early morning.

The food at the reception was incredibly tasty! All our guests from out of town kept raving about how it was the best food they had since they arrived in Jamaica. If you are having a smaller wedding and love an intimate natural venue then I highly recommend Bellefield.

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Shekira

Shekira Dixon-Allen · Married on 11/24/2018

Royan and I really appreciated their service. They were patient and quick in responding to our request.

They exceeded our expectations. The venue was well cleaned and organized. The food was delicious and we appreciated the service of the waitresses, waiters and bartenders. Special thanks to Kerry she provided great customer service.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Megan · Married on 11/18/2018

Destination Wedding

I had a great experience with Bellefield. Kerry and the team we’re very responsive and attentive to my needs and we’re willing to help me not exceed the budget. I’d refer any newly engaged couples that want to have a wedding in Jamaica this beautiful venue. If you’re looking for something affordable and do not necessarily have to have a “beach wedding,” this is the place to go!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Shanna

Shanna · Married on 11/17/2018

Simply amazing

The moment I saw pictures of Bellefield Great House I fell in love and knew I wanted to have my wedding here. For me this was a destination wedding so response time and customer service was VERY important to me. I worked with Kerry and I can't say enough positive things about her. She's simply amazing. Our correspondence was mostly through email (since I'm overseas) which made me nervous at first but she made it so so easy. Her professionalism, knowledge and willingness to help put me at such ease. I don't think I could have planned this wedding without her. Bellefield itself is such a beautiful property. Very rustic and well kept. The day of our wedding I was so impressed by the entire staff of Bellefield. All my guests complimented how professional they were. The lady who was assigned to my husband and I was so so attentive, I wish I could remember her name because she deserves special recognition. We never had to try to find her because she was always around and kept us hydrated and fed. Bellefield also took care of our food and I must say it was absolutely delicious! This place DEFINITELY knows what they are doing and without hesitation I would recommend them.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Chayvone

Chayvone · Married on 07/09/2018

The staff at Bellefield were so helpful to me and my husband. To Kerry and Vaneka thank you so much. Our wedding day was such a magical one. From the ceremony, reception and the food everything exceeded what we had planned out for our wedding day!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Kim · Married on 02/08/2018

We had our ceremony and a cocktail at at Bellefield Gardens which was planned through Chic events they are very professional everything was beautiful and kept very nice. Thank you for making our day perfect even with the rain wish we would have had more time to spend on their property but unfortunately had to get back to the ship since we had a cruise wedding while we were in Port thank you again

Sent on 04/16/2018

John · Married on 10/06/2017

Can not recommend this venue high enough. Absolutely stunning venue and the staff are all outstanding.

Kerry Anne and Vernika went above and beyond before the day, on the day and after the wedding.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Eushanya · Married on 05/21/2017

Bellefield Great House is among the some of the most Beautiful places to host a wedding in Jamaica. The location is great! It allowed our guests to be close to the airport, had tons of great hotel options as well as a hip night on the town if they wanted to.
    Kerry and her team were accommodating, patient and very timely in their responses.
    The grounds and Great House was a hit for our Rustic Themed wedding. The lush green vegetation and history of the grounds made it that much more EXOTIC!
    The food was Delicious, the bar had great options for just about any budget, and every staff we encountered had warm smiles and encouraging words for our life ahead as Man and Wife.
    We loved every minute of it and would definitely recommend this venue!!!
    Love,
    Eushanya and Kahmal

Sent on 05/30/2017
  • User6205912 · 2+ years ago

We have looked and looked and by far one of the most stunning venues we have come across. The venue fee is very reasonable and with so many options to customize your dinner reception along with a team who is always willing and listening to accommodate your every wish, flexibility is not a problem here. Prompt responses and very professional in our dealings upto this point. We cant wait to be wed there in December!

Sent on 01/24/2016

Lance · Married on 10/01/2016

Kerry-Ann and the team were extremely understanding of our needs and did everything possible to make our day amazing. We were lucky to work with one of Bellefield's partners for decoration, Garden Of Eden Florists, under management of Mrs. Henry. The decor was like something out of a movie. This venue is truly magical and they have the ideal team to make it all come to life.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Mitzie · Married on 07/23/2016

I utterly enjoyed my experience with Bellefield Greathouse and Gardens. They have an amazing staff! Kerry was very professional and helpful to all my crazy/creative ideas. She provided options that would help us save money while give us exactly what we wanted from beginning to end. I would recommend anyone to have their wedding or event here. Beautiful place, well groomed. Thank you so very much for the experience.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Marsha · Married on 04/22/2015

We had the most magical, perfect wedding at Bellefield Great House. Andrea and Godfrey made the day perfect. The food was fantastic! Our guests still talk about how great the appetizers and dinner were. I really don't think this day could have been any better. I would recommend Bellefield Great House for any event.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Bellefield Greathouse and Gardens's reply:

Marsha...you're the best!!! Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest and good wishes so very much!

SHANI · Married on 10/18/2014

I would not have selected any other venue besides Bellefield Greathouse for our wedding. The venue is certainly one of the best in Jamaica and they provide superb service. They will certainly provide a unique, magical and unforgettable experience for you and your guests. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Hi Shani,
    We are both thrilled and appreciative that you enjoyed spending your special day with us! Yourself and your party were wonderful to host and we hope that you will keep in touch. We wish you all the best for the new and exciting life you have ahead...

Tropical Weddings Jamaica · Married on 10/11/2014

It was a pleasure working with this Venue, services provided by Bellefield Great House was excellent, staff were very courteous and professional, my clients were very impressed with the services and overall venue experience.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Bellefield Greathouse and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Almarie…and we love working with you and your team! Always professional and cooperative…and most importantly you make our brides happy! A stress free experience all round….!

Diahna · Married on 04/21/2018

We loved having our wedding at Bellefield. It is such a beautiful venue and hidden gem even though I grew up in Montego Bay. The staff (Kerry and Vaneka) was very accommodating and pleasant to work with. Everything came together beautifully. Our one regret was that the Sugar Mill is still in disrepair after all this time and we weren't able to fully utilize it for pictures or have it as a rainy day location. I hope they fix it soon.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Harriet · Married on 10/06/2017

Not only was the Venue absolutely Stunning, the Staff were so accommodating and really lovely to deal with. Especially Kerry-Ann and Vameka who made our Wedding Journey Fun and the Day Perfect. Thank You for Having Us

Sent on 01/11/2018

Dwight · Married on 07/30/2016

My guests, husband and I were all pleased with services received at Bellefield. Kerry was so accommodating and patient throughout the process. She joined Bellefield halfway through my planning and it felt like she was present from the beginning. She quickly familiarized herself with what was already in motion and helped seal the deal with last minute changes two days before our wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better team. My guests thoroughly enjoy cocktail hour (coconut shrimps were a hit) and loved the food.

FYI the only thing that didn't go as plan was my prewedding photoshoot. I thought it would be great idea to take prewedding pics upstairs in the greathouse (décor is amazing) but had no idea it was be hotter than an African desert. Luckily my makeup artists escorted me and the few bridesmaids who can tolerate the heat to get some shots. We were almost drenched within minutes, and had to get our makeup quickly retouched. The shot was priceless though and definitely worth it, book Bellefield.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Michelle · Married on 12/09/2014

Andrea was always helpful and ready to assist. The rest of the staff very professional and just as helpful. Food was very good.

Bellefield Greathouse and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Michelle! We appreciate that you chose Bellefield Greathouse for your event and hope to see you again soon! We do offer special dinners for our Brides celebrating their 1st Wedding Anniversary so let us know!

Karen · Married on 04/26/2014

It's very easy easy to work with the team of Bellefield, they are very knowledgeable and professional. A plus is also that they provide all the basic set up items for events such as chairs and tables. To top it off, their food is excellent!

Bellefield Greathouse and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Karen…we appreciate your positive feedback and are so pleased that were able to add the necessary touches to your special day! We are also excited to let you know that apart from the tables and chairs, we are now adding several new features including a select and very exciting decor line. Thanks you again for your support!

Noelle · Married on 12/31/2017

Bellefield is a beautiful property for a wedding, breathtaking! Kerry- Ann and her team were very helpful and communicative during the process and worked with us when we wanted to customize our menu. The food was amazing, as were the drinks! Our guests kept telling us how delicious everything was. We live in the US and never visited the property before booking but based on the strong recommendations from others and family/friends who are in Jamaica, we booked and we were so glad we did! The Bellefield team also has great recommendations for local vendors, so if you are a destination wedding bride don't worry, the network of professionals that Bellefield has access to is phenomenal.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Amanda · Married on 11/06/2016

3.2
      2.5

Initially my husband and I had intended to have our wedding at the Bellefield. From the pictures we saw online, we were sure that this was the place for us. However when we traveled to the site to check it out in person, I was not impressed. The grounds are kept very well however I was expecting a more grand entrance. It wasn’t as jaw dropping as the pictures may lead you to believe. The other issue was that there was no designated area for the bridal party to get ready or hang out pre-ceremony. This is not to say that this is a bad venue. It just was not the place for us.

Sent on 12/14/2016

April · Married on 10/11/2015

2.2
      2.0
      2.0

It is always important for a "supervisor" to be present or accessible on the day of an event. This is helpful for staff to effectively communicate and stave off a number of last minute issues. There are a number of things that went awry: staff not setting up tent/venue in a timely fashion despite rainy forecast; staff standing around talking to each other as opposed to "working the event" and performing their professional roles; poor communication amongst staff such that drinks were served on time to effectively toast the bride & groom. It would help if the bartending staff knew the difference between wine and champagne. Venue has scenic beauty but desires much to be one's "go to" location.

Sent on 02/01/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 07/26/2014

1.8
      1.0

The actual venue was wonderful, and very beautiful. The catering was exceptional and it was presented as promised from the tasting time. However, it was difficult working with the office manager and coordinating parts of the event due to poor communication. I would recommend a different person dealing with the communication with customers.

Hi Gabrielle,
    First of all, whilst we are pleased that you enjoyed the property, we are most disappointed that the interaction with one of our staff members was less than acceptable... please accept our apologies, Without making excuses, I would like to note that we were very short staffed at the time of your event, and have since brought on board an excellent Marketing Manager which future guests will interact with. Again, please accept our sincere apologies and we are glad that otherwise, your experience with us a wonderful one! Thanks again for your candid and helpful review.