Belle Saison Bridal Reviews

142 | Austin, TX

142 Reviews for Belle Saison Bridal

I had seriously done my research on dress styles and designers before I came in. They were able to pull all the dresses I had in mind. I enjoyed trying on dresses and was happy with the variety of selection available. I would recommend Belle Saison to a friend. We also used the free dance lesson that came with my dress.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Christine · Married on 08/23/2014

Brittany is amazing!!! She is the best sales person at Belle Saison!!! I can honestly say if it wasn't for her I would have never found the perfect wedding dress for me. She knew exactly what she was doing and knew what style would fit my figure the best. She remained patient and friendly during all the dresses I tried on and then right when I was starting to get down because I felt like a cupcake in everything she brought in a dress completely different than anything I had been looking for. I was so glad I had her to help me because she knew what was the best fit for me and sure enough the dress she picked was the one I wore on my wedding day. She is excellent at her job and is so friendly you feel like you have been friends for years.

Sent on 10/08/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/14/2013

I love my dress from Belle Saison! I didn't know what I was looking for when I started and they helped me find the perfect dress. When trying to make up my mind, I compared other stores to make sure I was getting the best deal I could and I found the same dress at another boutique for more money and they were going to also charge a lot of extra fees. Even though i think wedding dresses are expensive in general, at least Belle Saison didn't have a bunch of hidden fees or try to force me to use a certain seamstress.

Sent on 07/07/2013

3.0

Very nice personnel and easy to work with. Very attentive.

Sent on 06/21/2013
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 05/30/2011

3.0

Overall, had a wonderful experience with Belle Saison. I already had my dress bought and picked out from another store but when I was shopping with my mom for her dress at Belle Saison we stumbled upon THE dress and I fell in love with it. I didn't buy it that day but came back upwards of 5 times to try it on again or to compare it to my fiance's uniform, the girls at the store were more than helpful and did a fantastic job selling the dress. Since my wedding was so close we ended up having to get the sample dress, which wasn't a problem at all. I received a bit of a discount as well for it being the sample. Since it was 6" too long they offered me a list of seamstresses nearby who could help.
    The cost for the dress seemed a bit much to me. I found it other places for $150 cheaper, however I didn't have the time to order it so I had to pay up.

Sent on 06/17/2011

Brittney · Married on 05/23/2009

We ordered our bridesmaids dresses from here. I had a couple of BMs who were from out of town and they had an easy online order form for them to use. The sizes they suggested were definitely OFF... but it might have just been the designers line. I didn't choose my bridal gown from here, but they had a GREAT selection and it was worth trying on to get the experience.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Sarah · Married on 03/14/2009

All I can say is if you are looking for professionalism with a genuine smile, this is the place to go! Along with the fantastic staff, they had an amazing selections and the way the shop was organized allowed me to fine a variety of dresses to best flatter my figure!

Sent on 03/24/2009

They had a huge selection and super nice and helpful staff who know their stock backwards and forwards. After pulling a few dresses and telling Brittany the style I was looking for she mentioned she had something in mind and pulled the perfect dress. I was somewhat worried about the dress buying process but Brittany and Belle Saison made it fun and easy.

Sent on 11/26/2015

Cori · Married on 01/29/2005

I love this store! There was so many dresses to choose from and I got a great deal for the one I got. I also got a packet of free offers when I bought my dress. I highly reccomend this store!

Sent on 11/05/2007

Catherine · Married on 05/16/2011

Belle Saison has the lovely dresses for brides who want to spend under $1K. The first dress I tried on, I ended up buying for my wedding. I was advised by the extremely knowledgeable and helpful Elizabeth, who managed to save me a couple hundred dollars by suggesting I order a petite size and save on alterations. Though this store is not the most shi-shi of bridal salons, there is still great service and a wide selection of dresses. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Sent on 06/15/2011

3.0

Great selection of BEAUTIFUL designer dresses. After listening to my preferences, the associate working with me actually picked out the dress that I ended up purchasing. The experience was short and painless. However, I believe I was measured incorrectly for the dress I bought. I ended up losing six buttons in the back of my dress after all of the alterations were complete. I wish they had ordered a different size for me so that I wouldn't have had to cut so much of the beautiful lace on the dress during alterations.

Sent on 11/25/2015
  • April

April · Married on 03/09/2009

2.5
      3.5

I went to 6 different salons before this one, I was completely frustrated with the whole process. Briana was great, I ended up buying a dress she suggested that I didn't know about. The salon is just the right combo of comfort and elegance. You are not on your own like David's bridal but they are not "on top of you" the whole time like Alfred Angelo. Nothing broke or fell apart on my dress, it was ready quickly after cleaning and I was very happy with the salon.

Sent on 03/18/2009

Denise · Married on 03/01/2008

2.0

This place is absolutely amazing because they offer dresses in their store to try on in your size. It is really easy to pick beautiful dresses there and not that expensive. My dress was very beautiful, and I really loved it. They were also very responsive if I had any problems, and they recommended someone to hem my dress. If anything, I would give this stores 4 stars because in the midst of everything they moved the store and did not even call or send me a note saying that they moved. My dress was being stored with them, so I didn't even know where it was located. Poor customer service on that note, but overall very awesome to work with.
    They also offer deals with your dress and will give you discounts, so the price I spent included shoe discount, tiara discount, veil discount, and jewelry.

Sent on 04/26/2008

Kristine · Married on 07/22/2006

4.2

Belle Saison has a wonderful selection of dresses from many different designers. It is a great place to look if you want something nicer than those two chain wedding shops can provide. Another great thing about Belle Saison is you can make an appointment to insure you get the time and attention you desire to find the perfect dress for your perfect day!

Sent on 07/20/2008

3.5

While I did get my dream dress from Belle Saison Bridal, I wish I had found another bridal shop in town with the same designers. Please be aware to that they do not do a deposit, if you want the dress you have to pay full price. Amy was nice but I kind of felt like they didn't listen to my ideas once I bought my dress. I had couple ideas for my dress to make it a little shorter so you could see my shoes and that was frowned upon. I also did not want a petticoat under my dress as it was already so big to begin with and that was met with disapproval. They wanted me to have everything for the dress when I ordered it because it had to be custom cut to my height. I would recommend finding a bridal salon with an in-house seamstress. You can get an additional package ($250) where they take care of transportation from a choice of two preferred tailors and do a dress preservation.

I do have to give them major kudos though because when my dress came in the first time it was super long and obviously not cut to my height like it was promised. They took care of sending it back and dealing with the designer to get the correct length. Luckily the dress did come in early and was back within a month.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Christa · Married on 07/23/2009

My dress was perfect, it was my dream dress! Everything was great with the service up until after I had purchased my dress. I feel like they treat you perfect until after the dress is bought. Also I took my sister there, she was my moh, to pick out the bridesmaids dresses. I was told I could try them on because thats what the brides usually do because my sister isnt a size 10 or below and they didnt carry bigger dresses. i spent alot of money there on my dress and they hurt my sisters feelings. If a bride wants her moh to pick the dresses then thats how it is, who cares what other brides do!!

Sent on 08/18/2009

Melissa · Married on 02/22/2018

I went in looking for a tea length dress, which I was having trouble finding, and they had a great selection of beautiful tea length dresses. They were very accommodating and easy to work with. And I got the beautiful wedding dress I was dreaming of!!

Sent on 03/31/2018

3.0

They helped me find my dream dress but they did not contact me when my dress came in we just showed up to try and match my shoes to the sample and they had my dress and did not tell me. My appointment seemed rushed and like they just wanted to push me so they could get to then next person. Overall I'm glad that they pushed me to try on dresses I would have never tried on.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Karen · Married on 11/16/2013

3.5

The dress was perfect and they worked with me to find a veil and sash that made my dress complete!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Chelsea · Married on 02/22/2014

3.5

The first time I walked into Belle Saison, it was my first time looking at wedding gowns and I felt immediately overwhelmed. I knew what I wanted, I was very firm on it, and I was given Yana to work with. I wanted something with straps or sleeves because I feel I have large shoulders.

She helped me to pick out gowns that fit what I was asking for and then put me in them. After five dresses that were all beautiful, but none that left me with the 'wow' feeling, Yana pulled a beautiful, but strapless dress and suggested I try it; I figured..why not? I've tried on all of these, what's the harm?

I put on the dress, made the walk to the mirror, climbed up on the stand and could not believe my eyes. I was a bride. I started to cry, my mother started to cry, and that was it. I got that dress. It was nothing like what I had come in wanting, but Yana was an expert and found something that looked like it was made for me; the same size fit me like a glove and we were able to order that size specifically (the sample had a tear in it or I would have bought that one!)

Yana then e-mailed me a few days later to let me know the dress order had gone through, when it should be ready, and asking if I needed anything else.

A month later, I called, made an appointment, and came in with my maid of honor and one of my bridesmaids to look at dresses for them. Yana was off that day, so I was given another lady.

Before we could pull any dresses, a woman came in, said she just wanted to look at wedding dresses (no appt), had no intention of purchasing today, and the lady left us to go help her.

This left a bad taste in my mouth. I had called, made an appointment, and had been left so she could go help someone who had just walked in and made it clear they had no intention of purchasing.

We left (after 30 minutes), and purchased the bridesmaids gowns elsewhere. It goes to show that the right staff can make all the difference. I suggest calling ahead and asking for Yana.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Lesley · Married on 05/15/2010

3.5

I visited Belle Saison in October of 2009 for my May 2010 wedding. Kim Keepers was the associate assigned to help me and she was very helpful during the entire process. She was quite firm in her opinions, if you asked for them, which was helpful to the indecisive bride (me). Kim also kept me in the loop on all of the shipping and arrival dates for my dress and my accessories. In general, the store had a good selection of dresses from different designers, and a good range of prices. I visited David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo prior to visiting Belle Saison, and although their dresses were slightly more affordable (on average) and their salespeople were very nice and attentive, I didn't find "the dress" at those locations. I felt like Belle Saison's prices could have been a little more reasonable but overall it wasn't too bad. I received a cute hair accessory for free as part of my "package deal" and I received $60 off my wedding shoes (which were overpriced anyway, in my opinion). Be sure you look for a dress early in your engagement, because shipping times vary based on the manufacturer and the time of year that you order. I had my dress shipped via rush shipping (extra $150) because I didn't want to cut it too close. I ordered at the end of October and my dress came in near the beginning of February, which was fortunate considering the alteration and bridal picture schedule. Overall I loved the dress I found at Belle Saison but I thought their prices could have been a little lower. They are also extremely busy, especially on the weekends, so if you're extremely indecisive you might have to come back several times if you want to try on more dresses than your 1-hour block would allow on the weekends.

Sent on 07/29/2010

Jenny · Married on 01/10/2009

3.0

Belle Saison was very professional with my dress needs. I was disappointed when I went in that they didn't have a very large selection, especially in the designer that I wanted, and they didn't have the dress I wanted to try on. However, the sales girl (I believe her name was Elizabeth) said that if I tried on the dress when it came in and it wasn't what I wanted, she would let me exchange the credit toward another dress in the store. The dress I wanted ended up being perfect, but I appreciated the safety net anyway. They weren't very responsive when my things came in, and they took a long time to die my shoes, but they were great and their price was pretty close to the prices I found on internet stores, so it helped to have a physical store to go back to with any problems. Overall, I would recommend them.

Sent on 02/10/2009

Abby · Married on 12/20/2008

2.0

Very helpful when I bought my wedding gown although when all of my 8 bridesmaids' dresses came in they only called me and not them even though they had individual accounts with all of their contact information. I didn't know that they hadn't contacted my bridesmaids letting them know that their dresses were in so it took us awhile to figure out what happened (with the people out of town) and some girls had to pay extra for getting alterations rushed.

Sent on 01/11/2009
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/08/2010

3.6
      3.0

We ordered all of the bridesmaid dresses from Belle Saison. Each girl went in to be measured well in advance of the wedding and trusted the salesperson's expertise on sizes. Every single one of my 6 bridesmaids dresses were HUGE. One of the girls was instructed to order a plus sized dress for $75.00 up charge. When the dress came in, it had to be tailored down to a normal size (She hadn't lost weight). She was so offended and felt so ripped off. The other girls were just annoyed that they were given bad advice from someone who claimed she knew exactly what she was doing. So either our dress designer changed his size template, or she did NOT know exactly what she was doing. Sizing aside, we did recieve timely, attentive, personal service and the ladies at the store wre very nice and responsive. They stayed open late for one of my girls and were always super friendly. - Just wouldn't trust their sizing advice if I had to do it again.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Lanette · Married on 09/26/2015

3.6
      2.0

This place was great...until the Friday before my wedding. (And if you go there and you get Yanna...she is FANTASTIC). Good value, good help finding my dress. I was so happy with them until the day before my wedding. We went to my dress up, and the consultants first brought out my petticoat and veil in a bag with my name on it, and said they'd bring my dress out in a different bag. They did, we got everything loaded, and back to our house in Round Rock. I laid down to take a nap, and got a call from Belle Saison. They asked if I could come back to the store immediately. I asked why, and they said "We gave you the wrong dress." They were pretty insistent about me coming back right then, so I checked my dress...sure enough, it was completely wrong. I checked my veil and petticoat, and they were okay. So we loaded up the wrong dress and headed back through traffic to the salon. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I got another call from the salon asking if we were going to be there soon. My guess is they had a panicked/irate bride with MY dress demanding HER dress be brought to them ASAP. I DID NOT appreciate the "hurry up" call I got, especially when WE had to drive and waste gas and miles on our car getting back there when I was exhausted. They didn't even give us the chance to get inside (I'm guessing because of the aforementioned irate bride). They didn't seem too concerned about their mistake until I said "Guys...this is NOT okay". Then they went kind of rude and were just like "we don't know what happened". I said "Y'all could have at least offered to drive it out to me" and they gave me some excuse about how they were understaffed that day. I also told them about how my petticoat was crumpled in the bag and they said "well, we can give you a hanger if you want". NOT great service the day before my wedding, when it counts THE MOST. I should have checked the dress before we left, but I assumed they did their job correctly.

Sent on 10/05/2015