Belle of the Ball Weddings and Events Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Grace
    Grace L. Married on 10/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t have done it without them!

So amazing and so helpful! Helped find all the perfect vendors to make our day better then I could imagine! Helped the day run so smooth!!
    Tim D. Married on 11/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Melissa is a fantastic wedding planner!

Melissa is a knowledgeable, organized, and friendly wedding planner. She was able to help make our rehearsal and wedding day flow perfectly! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for help with their special day.
    Jessica M. Married on 10/23/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Took all the stress out of our big day!

Melissa was amazing and extremely helpful/knowledgeable every step of the way. I highly recommend using her services to not only take away stress the actual day of (so you can actually enjoy your wedding), but the stress of planning as well.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Caroline W. Married on 09/18/2021

Melissa is the best!

We had such a great experience working with Melissa. She was responsive, helpful, and super knowledgeable. She’s so familiar with the vendors on the Eastern Shore and in the area so she was able to help us find the perfect people to support our wedding. She kept our nerves calm through COVID and planning an outdoor wedding and was such a help on our wedding day. We could not have had our dream wedding without Melissa!
    Gabrielle D. Married on 08/29/2021

Amazing Experience & Amazing Person

I am so incredibly grateful to have had Melissa along during the process and all the ups & downs during the planning process. She was more than I could have hoped for, especially with the world being the way that it was during the first year of planning. All the bumps in the road definitely happened for a reason though. Everything was exactly how it was meant to be and we couldn't have done it without her! I have been telling everyone that I know that has recently gotten engaged to reach out to Melissa. She is kind, understanding, organized, and some how managed to keep me sane during 2020 when things were crazy. I can't thank her enough!
  • Logan
    Logan D. Married on 08/28/2021

One of the Best!

Melissa was amazing and our day was absolutely perfect!! Everything turned out so beautiful and our day flowed so smoothly! I was able to have a stress free wedding day and enjoy every part of it thanks to Belle of the Ball Events!
    Julianne F. Married on 08/21/2021

We Had a Ball

We had a great working relationship with Melissa at Belle of the Ball. She was very helpful in finding vendors and had great ideas for our daughter's wedding. Her help with keeping us on track in the planning phase was invaluable. To be able to call her at anytime about anything was something we really liked.
    We had a few events over the wedding weekend and her presence was so comforting, allowing us to just enjoy the Welcome Party and the Wedding Day festivities.
  • Tom
    Tommy Married on 06/26/2021

You need Mel!

There are truly not enough words in the dictionary to reiterate how thankful we are to have had Mel as our wedding planner, question answerer, nerve calmer, and all-around superwoman. Mel will treat you like family and truly go above and beyond to make your day the most special day of your life. Mel was there for us through texts, emails, phone calls, FaceTimes, zoom meetings, site meetings, you name it. With every question and concern, we raised because “we have never done this before” she responded with calm patience + excitement that was truly contagious. We knew we were in great hands through the entire planning process, even with all of the uncertainties of the past 18 months. When our wedding weekend came, Mel truly moved mountains to make our vision come to life. She wrangled our rowdy bridal party, she answered every vendor question through a torrential downpour before the ceremony, she moved furniture, she calmed nerves. There is no question in our mind, our day would not have been what it was without her in the lead. We owe you the world, Mel!
  • Erika
    Erika L. Married on 06/12/2021

Great experience

Melissa was on top of everything and helped me experience the wedding stress-free!
    Caroline C. Married on 03/20/2021

Most Important Person

I will recommend my wedding planner, from Belle of the Ball, to every bride/groom I know. Our planner was professional and knowledgeable. The attentiveness and friendly nature of the planner made the experience of planning a wedding so enjoyable. I was never stressed. How many brides can say that?
    Ashley T. Married on 12/05/2020

Best Experience

I hired Melissa pretty late in the game as COVID continued to change all my plans for the wedding. After a location change initially requiring a room flip between the ceremony and reception I knew I couldn't do it myself. Melissa cares about her clients and she brought my entire day to life. We talked through my vision on how I wanted the reception to look like and she knocked it out of the park. If you are considering a day of coordinator 10000% do it. It was easily the BEST money I spent!
    Jennaphilpot Married on 12/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing Month of Coordination Service!

It was the best decision to book with Melissa for month of coordination! We had a smaller wedding so month of was what I needed. She took care of everything!! It was smooth sailing with Melissa in charge! And I cannot rave enough about our wedding day and just how smoothly everything went and that’s thanks to her!! She will not disappoint!!
  • Honeywood
    Honeywood R. Married on 11/09/2020

Great experience!

Melissa was such a gem to work with! She was on top of everything and very responsive. She cares about her client's needs and is there every step of the way. Highly professional and would definitely recommend her for future events!
  • Briana
    Briana D. Married on 09/25/2020

The best!!

When I started my wedding planning process, I honestly didn’t think think I would need help. Boy was I wrong! We had Melissa for 30 days prior to the wedding and day of coordination and she was absolutely amazing! She basically took over everything so we could be stress free the last 30 days, and that was much needed after planning a wedding through a pandemic.

We were able to actually enjoy our wedding day and not have to worry about a thing! She made sure everyone was in their place and had us running on time the whole night. It was the most perfect night and I can’t thank her enough for everything she did! She is a great addition to your wedding team and you won’t be disappointed!
  • Lydia
    Lydia C. Married on 09/19/2020

Perfectly orchestrated

What a day! I couldn’t have asked for a better coordinator from start to finish. Everything was executed smoothly and efficiently on the day of my wedding thanks to Melissa.
  • Nora
    Nora S. Married on 08/08/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything You Wished For and More....

Well Melissa is it!!! She truly was a pleasure to work with! We planned my wedding during a pandemic and not many brides can say they were stress free on their wedding day but I was !!! She jumped right in and made the timeline happen and coordinated with the vendors seamlessly. To my knowledge there were no hiccups and isn’t that what counts?! She was able to run around a huge venue, organizing the ball room, make sure we were on time, tell people what they needed to do in an efficient and professional manor and she truly knew what she was doing!
  • Maia
    Maia M. Married on 03/10/2020

Belle of the Ball- So thankful I hired Melissa

I really don’t know what I would have done without Melissa's help pulling everything together the month before our wedding and on our actual wedding day. She spent so much time and effort reaching out to all the vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. She met with us on-site and developed a really great timeline for the day of the wedding. She was there first thing in the morning to make sure the tables were set to perfection and she stayed late into the evening to make sure everything was cleaned up properly. There were so many things we hadn't thought of beforehand, and Melissa dialed it all in with style and grace. She is a genuinely sweet and kind person with a very calming presence and yet knows how to bring her A game. The evening of the wedding, I was just blown away by how perfectly everything came together! Hiring Melissa with Belle of The Ball was one of the best decisions I could have made.
    Julie D. Married on 07/06/2019

Melissa is Amazing!

At first I wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner because I plan events for work, but I'm so glad I had her. She answered my questions and gave me recommendations even before my contract with her started. About a month out we met and discussed how I wanted things to go and she completely took over. Everyone kept telling me leading up to my wedding how happy and stress free I seemed and it really was because I had NOTHING to worry about!

The day of the wedding ran SO smoothly that we actually ended up getting ahead of schedule when it came to getting ready and pictures. After the ceremony she helped make sure everything else ran on schedule and she stayed until the last guest left at the end of the night.

I really can't recommend her more.
    Rachel Married on 09/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

There every step of the way!

Melissa was the planner for our wedding! I selected a combination of her packages for 15 hours of planning as well as our day of coordinator. We were not local and having her there was super helpful for errands, recommendations, and being places that we couldn't always get to.

Melissa was easily reachable, attentive to details, organized, and helpful. My husband and I have been in tons of weddings and knew exactly what we wanted for ourselves, but still needed a right hand chick to delegate and run the show! We showed up to a dream reception, and didn't even have to know about the things that didn't go the way we had hoped with other vendors, because Melissa was there to handle them and fix them.

We will forever be grateful to Melissa for taking on our requests without batting an eye. When I felt like a bridezilla, she calmed my frustration, when I had a worry, she made me feel at ease, when I had a crazy vision, she found the resources and ways to make it come to life. She is absolutely, positively, amazing!

Thank you for everything, Melissa!
    Josh L. Married on 07/17/2018

Style and professionalism

Mellissa runs a well oiled wedding machine like something we have never experienced. What a day it was!!!!!
    Margaret Married on 06/16/2018

You need Melissa!

Going into this process, we had been hopeful we might not need a wedding planner, but wow were we wrong! We were lucky enough to be referred to Melissa and Belle of the Ball Wedding Coordination who allowed us to truly enjoy the wedding process, and most importantly the wedding day! Melissa was able to provide incredible day-of coordination for us. She was more than generous with her time, jumping on calls and even meeting us at the venue prior to the date to ensure she had a lay of the land and so we could go over last minute needs. She worked incredibly well with all the other vendors – including handling some complicated tenting with the venue. Melissa is such a warm and joyous person – it made the process truly enjoyable and really allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams. From sneaking us snacks after the ceremony to helping adjust timing as toasts ran long, Melissa thought about absolutely everything and was able to keep everything moving smoothly even for things out of her and our control! Would absolutely recommend Melissa to anyone who is looking to have a great experience the day of their wedding!
  • Kate
    Kate W. Married on 10/08/2022
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent Wedding Planner

Melissa planned our wedding and we opted for the full package, meaning we started working with her over a year out.

Before I go any further, let me say this :: I am
    incredibly hard to please, very controlling and type A when it comes to details. With that said, throughout the year+ Melissa and I worked together, I had my moments/ freak outs that were not my best. Yet through it all, beyond anything else, I always felt like Melissa was in my corner and truly keeping my best interest in mind. She was very honest when I asked for advice and recommendations (where to splurge, what to cut when I was worried about my budget) and has a strong personality that is necessary for a planner to keep things moving forward and on track, from a year out through wedding day.

When it comes to familiarity with the Eastern shore wedding industry, Melissa is very well-respected, knows and has worked with just about everyone, and has a ton of insider knowledge. That was immensely helpful when selecting local vendors and working with the vendors - I swear she has many of them
    on speed dial!

While there were a few things here and there that were forgotten and/or could have been improved, looking back I am so happy we chose Melissa for our wedding day. She feels like a friend yet keeps things incredibly professional, and we truly wouldn’t have been able to pull off our amazing wedding without her! I highly recommend her to any bride - you will not regret hiring Melissa!
illustration stars