Bella Donna Special Events Reviews

Bella Donna Special Events 4
Bella Donna Special Events 5
Bella Donna Special Events 6

jennifer · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful Cake and Day Of Coordination!

Donna is the Best!
    We met Donna when we were looking for our Cake. She turned our vision into reality and it was so delicious! Everyone loved it! She was also our Day of Coordinator. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. We were totally supported and she had great ideas to keep us within Budget and make everything look so perfect! She was available for us at all times!
    She also made us the sweetest looking sample cakes and we fell in love right away! Donna thank you and your team for all the love! Jen and Michael

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Rose

Rose Hall · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful, attentive, talented

Bella Donna catered our wedding for about 130 people and everything was to die for! Donna and her staff were so professional and friendly. Donna and Tom were very responsive and easy to work with from day one, they even accommodated my ridiculous request to not use chafing dishes for the buffet. The buffet and dessert table set up were beautiful! The food was to die for and the desserts and cake were amazing as well-the cake looked more beautiful than what I could have imagined. I was honestly sad when the wedding cake and leftovers were over-it was that good. They also did such a fantastic job at cleaning up, you never would have known there were so many people the night before!

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Bella Donna Special Events 7
    Bella Donna Special Events 8
  • Therese

Therese K. · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful High Tea Garden Reception

Donna and the team at Bella Donna Special Events are amazing. I contacted Donna in January for an intimate backyard High Tea Wedding Reception the first weekend in May. Donna right away assured me she could accommodate our request and that the timeline and small guest list would not be a problem. Donna came to see our home and yard and had wonderful suggestions on how to best utilize the space to accommodate passed hors d’oeuvre and a high tea buffet. Donna worked closely with us to create a delicious menu, taking great care in addressing food allergy concerns. On the day of the wedding Donna and her team took control of every aspect of the event, leaving my groom and me to focus on the beauty of the day. Each table was set with a beautiful collection of vintage china, tea cups and saucers creating an elegant afternoon garden tea party. The delicious salads, quiches, and tea sandwiches were a hit with the guests as were the various mini dessert tarts, éclairs, and cheesecakes. Guests even commented on the “real” buttercream frosting on the delicious lemon raspberry mousse wedding cake. Her team made sure every guest was tended to, even calling Donna directly when there was a question regarding the ingredients of one of the dishes and an allergy concern. Donna’s team left our home spotless at the end of the day, going above and beyond anything I expected. Thank you Donna and your amazing team for a beautifully tasteful day!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Bella Donna Special Events 9
    Bella Donna Special Events 10
    Bella Donna Special Events 11
    Bella Donna Special Events 12

Linda · Married on 08/27/2016

Bella Donna Special Events was the greatest referral we were ever giving in the process of choosing a caterer for our wedding event! They are so "ALL INCLUSIVE", as well as budget conscious, we will continue to use their services for ALL of our future parties/events, no matter how big or small! Can't say enough about this amazing company and the services they provide. THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING!!! EVERY BITE!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Julia · Married on 08/20/2016

BEST FOOD & DESSERTS EVER!!!! And she kept us on our tight budget! Donna and her staff are so easy to work with and met all our needs. All our guests said the whole event was the greatest they had ever experienced. All we've heard were rave reviews about the food, which we couldn't agree more. Best choice ever!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Henry · Married on 08/05/2016

Donna from Bella Donna did an AMAZING job with our wedding cake! We were so happy with it and so were our guests. It was so beautiful and delicious -- I wish I could post a picture here! Also, Donna was just so wonderful to work with! Thank you Donna, for helping to make our wedding day perfect with the perfect wedding cake! I would definitely work with Donna again!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Danita · Married on 07/24/2016

Donna of Bella Donna is the most Amazing woman!
    She is the nicest person and most professional.
    I am so grateful she was the coordinator of my wedding and of course she made my scrumptious wedding cake too!
    She went above and beyond in every way possible!
    LOVE HER!!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Bella Donna delivered the cake of my dreams, and they were amazing to work with. We picked our four trial flavors, and they provided four WHOLE cakes. Not tiny little samples! I was REALLY impressed. Then, when we wanted one of the cakes tweaked, they provided yet another full trial cake--free of charge! We ended up choosing a yellow cake with chocolate ganache and cherries, and I request a LOT of cherries. And wow, did they deliver! We got so many compliments on our cake, which was BEAUTIFUL as well as delicious. I will absolutely be ordering cakes from them in the future!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Anna · Married on 12/04/2015

Our wedding cake was perfect and oh so good. I had to post the bakery on my facebook wall for the enjoyment of all of my friends and family. My family hounded me for it. Would order again for any other occasion. :)

Sent on 01/05/2016

Christine · Married on 11/15/2015

We hired Bella Donna to make our wedding cake and it came out exactly how I had imagined. They even brought the figs and blackberries I had requested. The flavors of each layer was even better than I remembered at the tasting and the cake stood up tall all night until the cutting. I definitely recommend Bella Donna for any other event.

Sent on 01/09/2016

We wanted to be different and do a fully vegetarian menu at our wedding. A Middle-Eastern wedding where guests are used to kabob and sushi and MEAT. Well, let me tell you, Donna & Chef David ROCKED IT with the best vegetarian wedding food our guests and us have ever tasted. Everyone was blown away. I can't thank them enough, truly made our wedding day so so special. Thank you to Donna and Chef David for everything! Recommend them 100% to everyone we know!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Beverly · Married on 05/24/2015

Everyone was very impressed with the delicious dessert buffet that Donna created for my daughter's wedding.
    Expertly crafted mini-desserts were beatutiful to look at, too. It was difficult to select which ones to order, because BellaDonna offers so many excellent choices.
    Donna was a delight to work with. She was friendly and helpful, as well as very professional and experienced.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Marci · Married on 10/12/2014

Donna was fantastic! I ordered my cake 3 weeks out, and she was very accommodating! Everyone loved the banana and marble cakes we had! She bakes you your own very special cakes to take home to taste in your own time.. And they aren't small either. But OH,SO GOOD!

You will NOT be disappointed in her flare. She delivered our wedding cake to our venue for a small delivery fee. We and well as our guest were exceptionally satisfied.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Jenny · Married on 05/17/2014

Thank you Donna for creating such a beautiful and delicious cake. We enjoyed the tasting cakes and working with you. You made the whole process just wonderful. We packed the top and took it with us on the honeymoon...ate cake all week! :) Donna, you're the best.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2013

Donna and Tom did the catering and desserts and staffing for our wedding and were EXCEPTIONAL!!! from day one, Donna was an absolute doll to work with. She is so kind and you can tell that she just loves what she does. She wants everything to be perfect for you and there is no ego involved. It's just all about you on your day. Not all chefs are like that. Her staff were so professional and lovely. The food was bananas. Our guests are still texting and emailing us three days later telling us it was the best food they have EVER had at a wedding. My uncle said it was the best meal he had in LA (and they went to several 5star restaurants). Her apple pie is crazy. I've had it for breakfast every day since. Because she sends you home with leftovers!! Cake amazing. Pies amazing. Fried Chicken and Filets... mac n cheese and mashed potatoes... green beans with bacon... sweet tea... i mean, come on. And she's the best BANG FOR YOUR BUCK you will find in LA.

Sent on 09/11/2013

angela · Married on 08/04/2013

They were fantastic and I had the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake ever!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Katie · Married on 07/28/2013

Bella Donna was extremely great to work with from start to finish for our recent wedding. Their tasting was fantastic and really gave us an idea of what we wanted. They executed our wishes exactly and the cake came out looking fantastic. They were far more reasonably priced than many of their area competitors, and more importantly their cakes and cupcakes taste far better. They also delivered our cake to our venue for a very reasonable fee. We will be using Bella Donna anytime in the future that we need cakes or cupcakes and would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Christina · Married on 05/26/2013

My daughter's wedding was perfect, by and large because of the great catering and event planning provided by Donna and her team. I didn't have one stressful moment the whole day, which is priceless. My guests were happy and cared for, the food and decor was perfection, the whole day was magical.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Kim · Married on 07/28/2012

Bella Donna Special Events is AMAZING!! Donna was so wonderful to work with throughout the process. She genuinely cares about her clients. I shopped around for full-service caterers and her pricing is right for all she does. She'll help you pick out a personalized menu that reflects the bride and groom. You're tasting will be a wonderful dining experience, be sure to bring a bottle of wine to enjoy. The food is fantastic and all of my guest agreed, many went back for seconds! My wedding went off without a hitch, she and her staff provided exceptional service to my guests. They even made a beer run during our wedding to ensure our guests were satisfied. They do cakes too, and again amazing, so yummy! LOOK NO FURTHER YOU'VE FOUND YOUR CATERER! Kevin and Kim Fredericks

Sent on 08/11/2012
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 07/06/2012

I could write pages and pages about how great Donna and her team are, and would gladly do it but not sure if people want to read all the pages of my rave reviews. To keep it simple, they are absolutely the best at what they do. Donna and Tom are wonderful and made our whole process simple. They did everything for us from the food, to the desserts (and the cake), flowers, decorations, all the tables, chairs, linens, dishes, silverware etc. Everything went off without a hitch. Everyone who attended said everything was perfect, the food was amazing, the desserts were perfect, and the ambiance was stunning. We will definitely be using Donna and her team for any big events in the future and for any cakes/desserts needed, as they also have a bakery store front. Definitely go for a consultation, as you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Rachael · Married on 06/02/2012

To all future brides and party organizers,
    I would not know exactly where to begin in telling you how perfect and amazing Bella Donna Special Events made our wedding. Every guest commented for days on how wonderful the food was and many asked for their contact information. Aside from the food being delicious, their professionalism, and service staff was outstanding with literally, no room for improvement. With Donna, the planning was so easy and the funnest part was getting to go to the tasting that Donna had prepared for us and our two daughters. We got to experience an entire sampling of exactly what our guests would be eating and experiencing, from the appetizers, down to the cake. This is a must, since you will not get to taste the food at your own wedding! Their staff is so friendly and wonderful and will always go the extra mile to do anything that needs to be done in terms of setting up, taking down, etc. I just cannot say enough about them - our experience with Donna is one we will never forget and we would never even consider using another caterer for any future catering needs.

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • Hope

Hope · Married on 10/02/2011

I contacted Donna based on a referral from my bridesmaid who had ordered my shower cake from them, just a week before our wedding. I wanted to get a Groom’s Cake in the shape of a Southern Comfort Bottle to surprise my groom but was afraid I had waited too long. From the first interaction, Donna and Tom were pleasant and extremely responsive to work with. When I asked them to make it a carrot cake when other bakeries told me no because of the heat, they gladly accepted the challenge. They never once told me no and worked with me to achieve the best cake possible for my groom. Not only that, but they worked with me to create a small personalized birthday cake to surprise my sister-in-law with since we got married on her birthday. Donna and her staff were flexible, professional and extremely pleasant to work with. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone in need of a cake, for any occasion. I know we will definitely be going back to them for any future cake/bakery needs.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Kyle · Married on 09/04/2011

Donna was amazing to work with! Not only was the cake out-of-this world tasty, it looked gorgeous too!

Donna also handled the catering for our rehearsal dinner -- and it was perfect. It was Italian themed, right down to the checkerboard tablecloths and the macaroni in the candle holders. Donna is a catering genius -- we have only heard rave reviews from all of our guests!

We have and will continue to recommend Bella Donna to anyone who wants a caterer with creativity, taste and the skills to make amazing food!

Sent on 12/27/2011
  • Sonia

Sonia · Married on 08/06/2011

Bella Donna catered my wedding back in August 2011 and we couldn't have been happier with the results!

My husband and I actually eloped to Italy and hosted a reception upon our return, so the party was all Italian themed. We were worried about it being too cheesy...literally! We didnt want red checked table clothes and pizza, we wanted a villa in Tuscany and Donna definitely got it!

She did a great job creating refined and delicious Italian dishes and it was all beautifully presented. I know everyone thinks their wedding is the best but I am very confident that everyone LOVED our food the best!

Bella Donna also created our cake, which of course, was delicious and gorgeous! It was simple, like I wanted, but looked like it came out of a magazine!

We received so many compliments on the delicious spread, even months after the reception! I would definitely use Bella Donna again for a party =)

Sent on 04/24/2013

Jillian · Married on 01/01/2011

We worked with Donna and she was referred to us by our friends who had used them for their wedding. Donna was so wonderful, and so attentive to details. Not only did she do our catering, but after our first tasting of the food and dessert, we decided to have her do our wedding cake as well.

All night people were telling us how wonderful the food was and how great the staff was. They made sure that all my little kid friends were taken care of with kid loved foods, which was great. Donna also did a wonderful job going above and beyond, they made sure to come up to my husband and I and make sure we were taken care of.

I would like for them to caterer my parties in the future as well. Thanks for everything Donna!

Sent on 02/01/2011