Bela Sono Music Reviews

Bela Sono Music 6
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2018

Simply the best!

Ross is wonderful! He listened to our music requests and had everyone on the dance floor all night! We had a decent amount of specific music requests and he was attentive to them all. A DJ can make or break a reception so we were selective in choosing our DJ and are so happy that we chose Ross! If you want a great reception with great music, look no further than Bela Sono Music!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 10/06/2018

You can't go wrong with Bela Sono!

Ross did an AMAZING job at our wedding. Definitely one of the best decisions we made!! So many of our guests commented on how awesome he was as well. I only wish we could've partied longer!!

Johnna Pleban · Married on 09/22/2018

Awesome DJ

Ross was awesome, despite some technical difficulties on the venue's side. Ross played great music, right from our playlist, and while he did a great job directing our reception, he didn't make himself the focal point or center of attention, which is exactly what we wanted! He was easy to work with and gave us good advice from start to finish.

Katherine · Married on 08/04/2018

Ross is an absolutely fabulous DJ! He played music for everyone to enjoy, and happily worked with my bridesmaids to plan a surprise choreographed routine during the reception. We did not want the party to end! Thank you for everything, Ross!

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

Ross was referred to us through one of my coworkers, and I am so incredibly grateful for the referral. This was the first vendor that we booked, and it was the easiest. I honestly could not have asked for the day to go better! Ross did such an amazing job with both our ceremony and reception, I don't know if there are enough words to describe it. The music selection was great, with a little something for everyone to get them up and dancing. When we met Ross, we could both tell right away that our wedding was in good hands with this guy. Ross was able to not only answer all of our questions, but also provide suggestions based on previous experience. He recommended floor lighting for the dancefloor and colored fog machines for our grand exit, he helped us develop our final timeline and was flexible with making last minute changes to it, and was really just an awesome person and made us feel comfortable and at ease knowing that he was going to put on a great party.

Just one additional thing I wanted to mention and is on a more personal note:
    My 88-year-old grandfather, who broke his hip last year and has been complaining his way through physical therapy since then, was on the dance floor, dancing with my Grandma. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen and I'm sure it was the first time he has danced in a very long time. My dad kept asking if he and my grandma were ready to go so that he could walk them back to the hotel, but both of them kept saying no while sitting there wearing matching glowstick necklaces. They both stayed for the entire reception! Thank you Ross!!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/21/2018

Ross is simply the best. My fiance and I knew we wanted a DJ over a band, but I was hesitant about picking the right one. After my first 5 minutes on a inquiry call with Ross, I knew he'd be our pick. He was so thorough with us leading up to the wedding and help pick songs that fit "us." Best of all, we got rave reviews from our guests - many said he was the best wedding DJ they'd ever experienced, and we totally agree!

Ariel · Married on 10/29/2017

I cannot begin to say how much we loved the service Bela Sono offered. Despite several changes in the space layout of the venue within the week before he was prepared for any situation. It was particularly important to us to make sure the music was never blasting so hard that people couldn't hear each other- we wanted the sound level to work for both the older and younger crowd attending, and he did an impeccable job. We had many unique music requests thrrughout the evening, down the isle and so forth, and he met every one of them. He took the time to speak to us before the wedding so that everything would time out the way we wanted it to, and that there would be no unwanted surprises. The whole event was personal but professional and fun, I cannot recommend Bela Sono enough!

Bethany · Married on 10/21/2017

I can't say enough good things about Ross- he is truly the best of the best! Not only is he responsive, easy to work with, so kind, and organized, but his DJ skills exceeded our expectations. Having good music and a full dance floor at our wedding was a priority and he had everyone dancing literally the entire night. We had so many guests comment that he is one of the best wedding DJ's they've ever heard and I couldn't agree more. He was able to transition and mix music in such a way that each song segued into the next which kept the energy high. We loved having him as our DJ and couldn't have been happier!

Bethany · Married on 10/15/2017

Ross with Bella Sono music was our wedding DJ recently. My wife is a professional wedding photographer and had worked with him in a professional context previously. She mentioned that he would be a good fit when I was trying to pick out the DJ for our event. We met with him prior to the wedding and I could tell that he was going to be perfect. I had some interesting musical ideas for the dinner music (hip-hop and big band), he took my ideas in stride and provided some great ideas on how to make my thoughts a reality without offending Grandma.

On the day of the big event, he showed up early and set up both inside for the dance floor and outside at the ceremony site. Everyone in attendance heard the ceremony crystal clear. During the family formal photos he brought both my wife and I drinks, totally above and beyond, but absolutely awesome!

For the rest of the evening you could see how he treats DJing as an art form, he read the room well and slowed it down when people were tired and then brought up the energy when everyone was ready to party down. The dance floor was packed for the full evening and I was told on multiple occasions that this was one of the most fun weddings they had attended. In talking with my wife afterward, we are certain this is in large part due to Ross's great work. We cannot recommend him enough and we look forward to hiring him again for our next big event.

Bela Sono Music 7
    Bela Sono Music 8

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

This was one of the easiest decisions I made while planning our wedding. From the very first phone call I had with Ross, I felt right at ease. We had a collaborative conversation about the style of music we like, sent a few must haves, and Ross took it from there filling in the rest perfectly. We really appreciate all of the advice Ross gave us on specific ideas we had and on how to best make everything flow together. You can just tell that he genuinely enjoys his work. All of our guests had such a great time and many made sure to tell us later how excellent the DJ was!

Chris · Married on 09/09/2017

Choosing a DJ for our wedding wasn't easy. Everyone's "must haves" are different but for us, music was really important.
    We interviewed a few highly-reviewed and popular options in the area and for some reason none of them clicked with us. Thanks to our wedding day-of coordinator we met Ross @ Bela Sono Music and we knew instantly that he was our guy.

Ross was responsive, professional, easy to talk to, and laid back. We had a few definitive "do not plays" and informed him of our musical preferences for dinner, dancing, etc., but we weren't overly restrictive. He listened and honored our wishes, but also made suggestions in a very respectful and genuine manner. We were incredibly indecisive on some of the key song selections (i.e. first dance, bridal march), but he made excellent suggestions. He also talked us through lighting options (he does that too!), and it really added to atheistic of the venue.

Lots of people say this about their DJ, but honestly, he did an amazing job day of. It's apparent he knows his craft. The song selection was perfect and the sound was amazing. People asked us how we came up with the set list. I wish I could have taken credit but I just told them to thank Ross! We had a sizable venue and only about 70 guests. I was concerned about how packed the dance floor would be leading into the event. My worries quickly faded when I saw how frequently people were out there and singing along. Also important, he was non-intrusive. Other than key announcements and facilitating movements to different parts of the venue, I don't recall him saying much of anything. In other words, he didn't make it about him, which for some reason DJs thing they need to do!

Bottom line....hire him. You won't regret it.

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2017

Ross was fantastic! Talking things through with him from our first meeting to days before the reception, he was clearly experienced, willing to offer ideas, and willing to listen. I felt absolutely confident going into our big day that he'd be a great emcee and a thoughtful DJ, and I was right. Ross kept the floor full almost the full reception, he provided a great mix of music and was the perfect voice of our "shoe" game. He was the life of the party behind the scenes, and I couldn't have asked for a more amazing night. Thanks, Ross!!

Bela Sono Music 9
    Bela Sono Music 10
    Bela Sono Music 11

Jim · Married on 08/04/2017

Ross Anderson/Bela Sono Music was recommended to me by a friend, and what a great find! He was not significantly cheaper, but not significantly more expensive than other DJs that I found on Wedding Wire. For a very reasonable price, he met with us, offered some options, and told us he would take care of it from cradle to grave. Of all the vendors that supported this wedding, he was the most reliable. We provided a song list, and I noticed during the event that he was meticulously including the songs we requested. He also blended in some songs that he knew from experience would get people on the dance floor. This event was a multi-cultural wedding (Japanese/American) and mulit-generational (like most weddings). We had every generation grandma to children, and both cultures represented on the dance floor. It was non-stop fun. He was thorough and professional, spoke just enough without inserting himself too much. They say a good DJ can "make or break" a wedding, and Ross sure made ours. I recommend him strongly to others!

Kristie · Married on 06/04/2017

Ross from Bela Sono Music was great. We had our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding at the beautiful Stone Tower Winery on Sunday, June 4, 2017. The ceremony was down at the pond for around 120 guests. He provided sound system for the ceremony which you could actually hear as music was played and vows were exchanged. Not one crackle. Perfect dinner music moving it to the dance and party portion of the evening. Once the music started, everyone was on the dance floor and didn’t stop until the very end. Great Job Ross.

Kaitlin · Married on 05/28/2017

Ross was so amazing! We gave him a very loose outline of what we were thinking for our reception and he was even better than we could have imagined! He did a great job of matching the type of music to the current vibe! We would 110% recommend!

Anne · Married on 05/06/2017

STOP LOOKING AND HIRE BELA SONO MUSIC! I made a LOT of excellent choices for my wedding (what can I say? I rule.) but hiring Ross as our wedding DJ was among the best of the best. His attention to detail, passion for music, and ample experience make him an expert in the field. His equipment is top of the line and non-intrusive, he (somehow!) got my husband's strange "must-hear" songs to play throughout the event, and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night. We got so many wonderful compliments about his music selections, and he didn't muck up anyone's names during introductions.

Really, run - don't walk - to the nearest phone and book him. You will not regret it.

• W

Winston · Married on 04/29/2017

Choosing a DJ for our wedding was a big decision for my (now) wife and me. We are both big music fans and go to a ton of live shows. You could say we’re pretty picky about our tastes in music. We also realized that music is such a big part of the success of a wedding/reception. We didn’t want a DJ who would just press play on a playlist of top 40 songs. We were looking for a DJ who could transition smoothly from song-to-song, improvise where needed, work in our requests, keep people on the dance floor, move from oldies through 80-90s to modern music, and MC without being too over the top.

Ross turned out to be everything we wanted and more! He was so easy to talk to in the planning stages. He really listened - talking to us at length about what types of music we liked and didn’t like. He reviewed the wedding timeline with us so he knew exactly what was happening when. He took special care to make sure he knew correct pronunciations of the names of the wedding party. He followed up calls with recap notes. He was all around super professional.

When it came time for the reception - Ross nailed it. He is a truly talented DJ. He mixed from song to song, overlaying one track seamlessly over another. He worked our favorite songs into the mix. His voice when MCing was super professional and not radio-DJ-cheesy. He rocked. We didn’t have a single complaint. I think my favorite thing about Ross was that you could tell he truly loves DJ’ing - his passion and skills were apparent. I would not hesitate to choose Ross for whatever event you’re planning. He was awesome!!

Kristina · Married on 04/01/2017

Two words: Blown. Away.

Since my (now) husband is in the wedding industry, I was nervous that he'd become the groomzilla (if that's even a thing) about the music choices for our wedding day. That being said, we gave Ross just a couple hints of must plays throughout the entire night. From there, we let him work his magic. Looking back, we would change NOTHING!!! Ross was an incredible MC, and blended the music seamlessly throughout the night! There's nothing quite like the peace of mind knowing your wedding is in the right hands by the perfect vendors, and Bela Sono Music takes the cake!

Much love,
    The newly Mrs. Kristina Brooks

Rebecca · Married on 03/04/2017

Ross is amazing. We found him at a wedding show and I am so happy I did! He is young, professional, and really knows what he is doing. He worked with my husband and I to make a wedding sound track that was unique to us and made an amazing party. The music was amazing all night. The dance floor was full all night long, even for the final song everyone was still jumping! He also provided lighting for the wedding and it was beautiful. He started very warm and calm during dinner and then when the music went up the lights did too! He did an awesome light show that really helped set the tone of the party. All my guests told me that my DJ was great and they loved the music and lights! I never had to worry about Ross, I knew he would do what he said he was going to and more. He is so easy to work with and really listens to you to make your day as unique as you are.

Allison · Married on 11/12/2016

Bela Sono made our wedding an unforgettable event!
    Our guests are still talking about the music and DJ Ross!
    Ross spent the time to get to know our relationship, our interests, our music preferences, our family and our overall vision. He then worked with us and our wedding coordinator on planning each of the big moments. He was personable and fun with all of our guests. He created the perfect atmosphere we wanted for each part of wedding, the romantic ceremony, relaxing fun dinner and a true party on the dance floor. Even our toasts and speeches went along seamlessly. Ross knew how to bring all the generations happily together on the dance floor. The music was amazing and not a soul wanted the night to end! If you want a stress free experience, and your family and friends talking for years to come about how your wedding was the best they have ever been to, call Bela Sono immediately.

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

We were lucky enough to have Ross and Ryan work with us for our big day! Both of them were so professional before and during the event. I would recommend them to everyone! They gave me good advice when needed and answered all my questions quickly. If you're looking for a good time at your wedding and want to work with some awesome people, they are you guys!

Elisa · Married on 10/16/2016

We are so glad we chose Ross as our DJ for our wedding!! Coming into this wedding with no idea what we were doing, it was amazing to have Ross' expertise and guidance!! Even with a Sunday evening wedding, he kept the party hopping until the very end. Ross certainly took care of us! On top of an amazing event, we received the very best service in response time and communication. If you're looking for a worry free vendor, Bela Sono should be your choice! We cannot thank you enough!!!!!!

Mika · Married on 10/15/2016

We were so thrilled with Bela Sono's services at our wedding! I wasn't sure how I was going to know which DJ service to use but when I talked to Ross, it was so obvious how thoughtful he was and I felt like he really listened. We had a very productive sit-down session the week before the wedding, and he guided us through the night and made sure that we covered every angle. Then, on the actual wedding night, he killed it! He kept the dance floor going strong the whole night. He played every song on our "must-play" list and managed to keep everyone engaged with a good balance of old and new music. Several guests raved to us about how much they liked the DJ! It was really important to me to feel like we danced the night away - and that was exactly what we did. Thanks so much, Ross!

Nancy · Married on 09/18/2016

Our wedding was held at the Fairnont hotel Georgetown. The music he played prior to the ceremony and during the processional set the tone for our beautiful Jewish service. Ross kept the entire dance floor filled with just the type of music 60s and 70s that our guests appreciated. We were an older crowd since the bride was 60 and groom 56. He did a great Hora. Ross listened to us when we described the type of warm and elegant wedding and reception that we wanted and he was very easy and calm to work with. We would highly recommend him. Nancy Grunley and Alan Golden

Jill · Married on 09/17/2016

It's hard to imagine working with anyone but Ross (Bela Sono Music) for a wedding reception or party. He's fantastic. He'll listen to what you're trying to achieve, and then offer the right mix of support, suggestions, and freedom. On the day of the event, he was integral in making sure the whole thing flowed smoothly. A DJ is about more than just 'getting people to dance' -- it's about creating the right atmosphere for you and your guests. For that, I can't thank Ross enough.