37 Reviews for Bela Sono Music

Microphones (12)
Uplighting (9)
Liability Insurance (3)
37 Bela Sono Music Reviews

Wow. If you are looking for a DJ in the DC/MD/VA area, look no further. Ross and Bela Sono Music is the best! From our first conversation, it was clear that Ross is incredibly organized, fun, and talented. He asks all of the right questions, and makes planning a wedding reception easy. To top it all off, his music choices are spot on! Ross kept everyone dancing all night, and we still have guests telling us that he's the best wedding DJ they've ever heard.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ross is simply the best. My fiance and I knew we wanted a DJ over a band, but I was hesitant about picking the right one. After my first 5 minutes on a inquiry call with Ross, I knew he'd be our pick. He was so thorough with us leading up to the wedding and help pick songs that fit "us." Best of all, we got rave reviews from our guests - many said he was the best wedding DJ they'd ever experienced, and we totally agree!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We got married in April 2018. We hired Ross as our DJ after having an introductory consultation over the phone. He was a little pricier than we had budgeted for a DJ but after working with Ross over the past few months I understand why. Ross was always responsive to all of our questions and was great at offering suggestions when we were drawing a blank. He was extremely organized, my photographer who has been doing weddings for 10+ years was shocked at how detail oriented he was simply by reviewing the timeline he helped us create. We opted for the uplighting, gobo, and pin light on our cake. They all turned out better than we had expected! We didn't meet Ross until the wedding day but that being said we almost didn't know he was there, when I was being pulled in 20 directions, he knew exactly what needed to be done and was spot on in every aspect of what we had discussed and planned. We are so glad we chose Ross as our DJ and would recommend him to everyone we know. Thank you Ross!

Photo for Bela Sono Music Review - Our cake with pinspot and Gobo.
Profile Picture Lisa, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot begin to say how much we loved the service Bela Sono offered. Despite several changes in the space layout of the venue within the week before he was prepared for any situation. It was particularly important to us to make sure the music was never blasting so hard that people couldn't hear each other- we wanted the sound level to work for both the older and younger crowd attending, and he did an impeccable job. We had many unique music requests thrrughout the evening, down the isle and so forth, and he met every one of them. He took the time to speak to us before the wedding so that everything would time out the way we wanted it to, and that there would be no unwanted surprises. The whole event was personal but professional and fun, I cannot recommend Bela Sono enough!

Profile Picture Ariel, 10/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ross with Bella Sono music was our wedding DJ recently. My wife is a professional wedding photographer and had worked with him in a professional context previously. She mentioned that he would be a good fit when I was trying to pick out the DJ for our event. We met with him prior to the wedding and I could tell that he was going to be perfect. I had some interesting musical ideas for the dinner music (hip-hop and big band), he took my ideas in stride and provided some great ideas on how to make my thoughts a reality without offending Grandma.

On the day of the big event, he showed up early and set up both inside for the dance floor and outside at the ceremony site. Everyone in attendance heard the ceremony crystal clear. During the family formal photos he brought both my wife and I drinks, totally above and beyond, but absolutely awesome!

For the rest of the evening you could see how he treats DJing as an art form, he read the room well and slowed it down when people were tired and then brought up the energy when everyone was ready to party down. The dance floor was packed for the full evening and I was told on multiple occasions that this was one of the most fun weddings they had attended. In talking with my wife afterward, we are certain this is in large part due to Ross's great work. We cannot recommend him enough and we look forward to hiring him again for our next big event.

Profile Picture Bethany, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

This was one of the easiest decisions I made while planning our wedding. From the very first phone call I had with Ross, I felt right at ease. We had a collaborative conversation about the style of music we like, sent a few must haves, and Ross took it from there filling in the rest perfectly. We really appreciate all of the advice Ross gave us on specific ideas we had and on how to best make everything flow together. You can just tell that he genuinely enjoys his work. All of our guests had such a great time and many made sure to tell us later how excellent the DJ was!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Choosing a DJ for our wedding wasn't easy. Everyone's "must haves" are different but for us, music was really important.
We interviewed a few highly-reviewed and popular options in the area and for some reason none of them clicked with us. Thanks to our wedding day-of coordinator we met Ross @ Bela Sono Music and we knew instantly that he was our guy.

Ross was responsive, professional, easy to talk to, and laid back. We had a few definitive "do not plays" and informed him of our musical preferences for dinner, dancing, etc., but we weren't overly restrictive. He listened and honored our wishes, but also made suggestions in a very respectful and genuine manner. We were incredibly indecisive on some of the key song selections (i.e. first dance, bridal march), but he made excellent suggestions. He also talked us through lighting options (he does that too!), and it really added to atheistic of the venue.

Lots of people say this about their DJ, but honestly, he did an amazing job day of. It's apparent he knows his craft. The song selection was perfect and the sound was amazing. People asked us how we came up with the set list. I wish I could have taken credit but I just told them to thank Ross! We had a sizable venue and only about 70 guests. I was concerned about how packed the dance floor would be leading into the event. My worries quickly faded when I saw how frequently people were out there and singing along. Also important, he was non-intrusive. Other than key announcements and facilitating movements to different parts of the venue, I don't recall him saying much of anything. In other words, he didn't make it about him, which for some reason DJs thing they need to do!

Bottom line....hire him. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Ross was fantastic! Talking things through with him from our first meeting to days before the reception, he was clearly experienced, willing to offer ideas, and willing to listen. I felt absolutely confident going into our big day that he'd be a great emcee and a thoughtful DJ, and I was right. Ross kept the floor full almost the full reception, he provided a great mix of music and was the perfect voice of our "shoe" game. He was the life of the party behind the scenes, and I couldn't have asked for a more amazing night. Thanks, Ross!!

Photo for Bela Sono Music Review - Dancing with Grandmom
Photo for Bela Sono Music Review - "Shoe" game time
Profile Picture Samantha, 9/2/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Ross Anderson/Bela Sono Music was recommended to me by a friend, and what a great find! He was not significantly cheaper, but not significantly more expensive than other DJs that I found on Wedding Wire. For a very reasonable price, he met with us, offered some options, and told us he would take care of it from cradle to grave. Of all the vendors that supported this wedding, he was the most reliable. We provided a song list, and I noticed during the event that he was meticulously including the songs we requested. He also blended in some songs that he knew from experience would get people on the dance floor. This event was a multi-cultural wedding (Japanese/American) and mulit-generational (like most weddings). We had every generation grandma to children, and both cultures represented on the dance floor. It was non-stop fun. He was thorough and professional, spoke just enough without inserting himself too much. They say a good DJ can "make or break" a wedding, and Ross sure made ours. I recommend him strongly to others!

Profile Picture Jim, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ross from Bela Sono Music was great. We had our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding at the beautiful Stone Tower Winery on Sunday, June 4, 2017. The ceremony was down at the pond for around 120 guests. He provided sound system for the ceremony which you could actually hear as music was played and vows were exchanged. Not one crackle. Perfect dinner music moving it to the dance and party portion of the evening. Once the music started, everyone was on the dance floor and didn’t stop until the very end. Great Job Ross.

Profile Picture Kristie, 6/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ross was so amazing! We gave him a very loose outline of what we were thinking for our reception and he was even better than we could have imagined! He did a great job of matching the type of music to the current vibe! We would 110% recommend!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We used Bela Sono (Ryan Brooks) for our May wedding at Stone Tower Winery. Bela Sono was very easy to work with and accommodated all of our requests for the ceremony set-up, cocktail hour, and reception. Ryan did a fabulous job on the day-of. He was extremely professional, a great master of ceremonies, and kept people on the dancefloor until the end of the night. He also dealt with my last-minute changes to the first dance songs and overall songs list! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Maggie, 5/27/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

STOP LOOKING AND HIRE BELA SONO MUSIC! I made a LOT of excellent choices for my wedding (what can I say? I rule.) but hiring Ross as our wedding DJ was among the best of the best. His attention to detail, passion for music, and ample experience make him an expert in the field. His equipment is top of the line and non-intrusive, he (somehow!) got my husband's strange "must-hear" songs to play throughout the event, and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night. We got so many wonderful compliments about his music selections, and he didn't muck up anyone's names during introductions.

Really, run - don't walk - to the nearest phone and book him. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Anne, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Choosing a DJ for our wedding was a big decision for my (now) wife and me. We are both big music fans and go to a ton of live shows. You could say we’re pretty picky about our tastes in music. We also realized that music is such a big part of the success of a wedding/reception. We didn’t want a DJ who would just press play on a playlist of top 40 songs. We were looking for a DJ who could transition smoothly from song-to-song, improvise where needed, work in our requests, keep people on the dance floor, move from oldies through 80-90s to modern music, and MC without being too over the top.

Ross turned out to be everything we wanted and more! He was so easy to talk to in the planning stages. He really listened - talking to us at length about what types of music we liked and didn’t like. He reviewed the wedding timeline with us so he knew exactly what was happening when. He took special care to make sure he knew correct pronunciations of the names of the wedding party. He followed up calls with recap notes. He was all around super professional.

When it came time for the reception - Ross nailed it. He is a truly talented DJ. He mixed from song to song, overlaying one track seamlessly over another. He worked our favorite songs into the mix. His voice when MCing was super professional and not radio-DJ-cheesy. He rocked. We didn’t have a single complaint. I think my favorite thing about Ross was that you could tell he truly loves DJ’ing - his passion and skills were apparent. I would not hesitate to choose Ross for whatever event you’re planning. He was awesome!!

Profile Picture Winston, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews

Two words: Blown. Away.

Since my (now) husband is in the wedding industry, I was nervous that he'd become the groomzilla (if that's even a thing) about the music choices for our wedding day. That being said, we gave Ross just a couple hints of must plays throughout the entire night. From there, we let him work his magic. Looking back, we would change NOTHING!!! Ross was an incredible MC, and blended the music seamlessly throughout the night! There's nothing quite like the peace of mind knowing your wedding is in the right hands by the perfect vendors, and Bela Sono Music takes the cake!

Much love,
The newly Mrs. Kristina Brooks

Profile Picture Kristina, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ross is amazing. We found him at a wedding show and I am so happy I did! He is young, professional, and really knows what he is doing. He worked with my husband and I to make a wedding sound track that was unique to us and made an amazing party. The music was amazing all night. The dance floor was full all night long, even for the final song everyone was still jumping! He also provided lighting for the wedding and it was beautiful. He started very warm and calm during dinner and then when the music went up the lights did too! He did an awesome light show that really helped set the tone of the party. All my guests told me that my DJ was great and they loved the music and lights! I never had to worry about Ross, I knew he would do what he said he was going to and more. He is so easy to work with and really listens to you to make your day as unique as you are.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bela Sono made our wedding an unforgettable event!
Our guests are still talking about the music and DJ Ross!
Ross spent the time to get to know our relationship, our interests, our music preferences, our family and our overall vision. He then worked with us and our wedding coordinator on planning each of the big moments. He was personable and fun with all of our guests. He created the perfect atmosphere we wanted for each part of wedding, the romantic ceremony, relaxing fun dinner and a true party on the dance floor. Even our toasts and speeches went along seamlessly. Ross knew how to bring all the generations happily together on the dance floor. The music was amazing and not a soul wanted the night to end! If you want a stress free experience, and your family and friends talking for years to come about how your wedding was the best they have ever been to, call Bela Sono immediately.

Profile Picture Allison, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were lucky enough to have Ross and Ryan work with us for our big day! Both of them were so professional before and during the event. I would recommend them to everyone! They gave me good advice when needed and answered all my questions quickly. If you're looking for a good time at your wedding and want to work with some awesome people, they are you guys!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so glad we chose Ross as our DJ for our wedding!! Coming into this wedding with no idea what we were doing, it was amazing to have Ross' expertise and guidance!! Even with a Sunday evening wedding, he kept the party hopping until the very end. Ross certainly took care of us! On top of an amazing event, we received the very best service in response time and communication. If you're looking for a worry free vendor, Bela Sono should be your choice! We cannot thank you enough!!!!!!

Profile Picture Elisa, 10/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so thrilled with Bela Sono's services at our wedding! I wasn't sure how I was going to know which DJ service to use but when I talked to Ross, it was so obvious how thoughtful he was and I felt like he really listened. We had a very productive sit-down session the week before the wedding, and he guided us through the night and made sure that we covered every angle. Then, on the actual wedding night, he killed it! He kept the dance floor going strong the whole night. He played every song on our "must-play" list and managed to keep everyone engaged with a good balance of old and new music. Several guests raved to us about how much they liked the DJ! It was really important to me to feel like we danced the night away - and that was exactly what we did. Thanks so much, Ross!

Profile Picture Mika, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Our wedding was held at the Fairnont hotel Georgetown. The music he played prior to the ceremony and during the processional set the tone for our beautiful Jewish service. Ross kept the entire dance floor filled with just the type of music 60s and 70s that our guests appreciated. We were an older crowd since the bride was 60 and groom 56. He did a great Hora. Ross listened to us when we described the type of warm and elegant wedding and reception that we wanted and he was very easy and calm to work with. We would highly recommend him. Nancy Grunley and Alan Golden

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It's hard to imagine working with anyone but Ross (Bela Sono Music) for a wedding reception or party. He's fantastic. He'll listen to what you're trying to achieve, and then offer the right mix of support, suggestions, and freedom. On the day of the event, he was integral in making sure the whole thing flowed smoothly. A DJ is about more than just 'getting people to dance' -- it's about creating the right atmosphere for you and your guests. For that, I can't thank Ross enough.

Profile Picture Jill, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you're trying to decide whether to book Bela Sono Music, do it now! Ross was exceptional from start to finish, and helped make our wedding absolutely perfect.

My husband and I got married at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in September. From the unique venue, to several speeches, performances, and impromptu dance numbers, our wedding heavily relied on having a DJ who was very flexible and experienced with different set-ups. Ross took on our many requests, and handled them perfectly and with ease.

From the moment we booked Ross, he was extremely responsive. He would answer my countless emails right away, and even went through my wedding timeline to provide very thoughtful feedback on the schedule and flow of the events.

I was particularly impressed with Ross' care and attention to detail. We had a very international wedding party, and he took the time to patiently learn everyone's names. He also spoke with us in length about our music preferences. My husband is known for the many dance parties he's thrown through the years--thanks to Ross' immense talent, our friends came up for weeks afterward to rave about how the music captured our personalities perfectly.

I can't stress enough how talented, professional, attentive, and kind Ross was throughout the wedding planning process. I am so glad we got to work with Bela Sono, and would wholeheartedly recommend Ross and his team!

Profile Picture Lamiya, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

Ross at Bela Sono Music is incredible! He had great taste in music for our cocktail hour and played everything we requested during the reception. He worked with us to plan the timeline of our wedding. He gave us great advice and made sure we allowed enough time for the parts that were most important to us, like the dancing! He was cool and professional creating a great atmosphere with the music and the uplighting he positioned throughout the room. Ross made our night flow seamlessly, I would strongly recommend him to anyone hosting a special event.

Profile Picture Tim, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We had the absolute best reception and Ross is to thank for it! Great music and a great time!

Profile Picture Jessica , 6/25/16, 1 Review