Bel Vino Winery Reviews

Bel Vino Winery 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Quick · Married on 06/29/2019

Bride at Bel Vino

Words cannot describe how amazing this venue is! We love Bel Vino Winery! We had the most amazing wedding ever here on June 29, 2019. Jessy is AMAZING. She helped us with all of our questions and made sure everything on the day of was perfect. The day of the wedding went so smooth. We ran into zero problems! The staff makes sure everything is how you want it. Before the wedding, Jessy and I had emailed back and forth, had in person meetings, text messages about the timelines, any questions either of us had, new ideas, my crazy bride moments, and getting everything together. We’ve been to the winery before getting married, and the staff is so nice and so fun. We love their wines and their entertainment! I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Bel Vino Winery 16
    Bel Vino Winery 17
    Bel Vino Winery 18

Bel Vino Winery's reply:

Thank you so much Jen. It was an absolute joy to get to be a part of your wedding. I wish you many years of joy and happiness and I look forward to seeing you from time to time at the winery.
  • Lauren

Lauren Regan · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful Ceremony at Bel Vino

It was difficult for us to find a place that would allow us to do ceremony and pictures on site but no reception. Bel Vino allowed us to do this and Jessy was so great throughout the planning process! The ceremony location is beautiful with the vineyards in the background and there are so many incredible spots to take pictures. I was stressed about the weather but Jessy helped me stay calm and allowed our dads to come by and add to the arbor for rain coverage. It ended up being a beautiful, sunny, warm day, but she was so accommodating. They also have a huge house on site right near the ceremony spot so I could put my dress on and get the bridal party all lined up there for processional. It was perfect! Couldn't be happier.

Sent on 05/20/2019
    Bel Vino Winery 19
    Bel Vino Winery 20

Bel Vino Winery's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Lauren. It was an honor to have you chose Bel Vino for your special day. So happy the weather cooperated and you enjoyed your day. I wish you and your husband many years of joy and happiness.

Margaret Kuehn · Married on 10/20/2018

All I Wanted

My wedding at Bel Vino was everything I had hoped for. It was a beautiful venue. The staff was so helpful and helped our special day happen without any issues. I highly recommend Bel Vino Winery for your wedding.

Sent on 12/22/2018

Danielle · Married on 07/03/2017

My husband and I are very pleased to say we had a fabulous wedding at Bel Vino this past March. The venue is gorgeous, and the scenery was stunning. The wedding coordinator was responsible to meet all of our needs. She was quick to respond, weather via email, phone or text so I was never left at a standstill waiting to hear from her. All of our guests were complimenting on how amazing and friendly the staff were and that the food was delicious. I would highly recommend Bel Vino.
    Xo Dani

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • I

Isabel · Married on 04/16/2016

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! We got married at Bel Vino and our whole day was perfect! We took advantage of the house on the property to get ready, which was SUPER convenient. Unlike a lot of wineries in the same area, Bel Vino is quaint and not overly grand and stuffy. I can't say enough about the property, it is located on top of a hill with 360 degree views of the vines, pretty lawns, rose bush boarders, gorgeous trees and landscaping. The buildings are picturesque too. It felt personal and comfortable and cozy. The entire property was dedicated to our wedding, unlike other venues that book several weddings on the same day. You will feel like the Queen of your special day. The Bel Vino house is huge and will have everything you need to get ready. The bridal suite was lush and available for me to use for the whole day. On the day of my wedding, the entire staff was extremely attentive, flexible, and focused on making sure every single detail was executed perfectly. They really know what they are doing. The food and wine is delicious!!! I can't say enough good things. They will work with you and do a private tasting to make sure everything tastes great, they even have gluten free and vegetarian options available. We served beef, chicken and the vegetarian butternut squash ravioli. I am a vegetarian so I wanted to make sure the veggie option was tasty, and it was! All-in-all, Bel Vino was priced way more reasonably than other wineries in the area and we got our fancy winery wedding for a reasonable price! We definitely recommend this venue to anyone! All of our guests had a great time and we will never forget it!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Ambika · Married on 10/12/2014

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! We got married at Bel Vino on October 12, 2014 and our whole day was perfect! We took advantage of the house on the property to get ready in which was super convenient! Unlike a lot of wineries, Bel Vino isn't overly grand and stuffy...it's not a castle or chateau. The property is absolutely beautiful. It's up on a hill with views over the vines, pretty lawns, rose bush boarders, gorgeous trees, etc. The buildings are very picturesque too. It felt personal and comfortable and cozy...not small by any means! Other wineries are huge...so they book multiple weddings on the same day. Bel Vino just had us on our special day so it really felt like the place was ours. That brings me to the service. I cannot say enough! This place is worth booking just to work with the staff. On the day of, the entire team was attentive, flexible, and focused on making sure everything was set up and ready to go. They just know exactly what they're doing. I don't think there was anything they had to come ask me about. Throughout our planning process, we worked with Lindsay, Bel Vino's wedding coordinator. She is amazing! A true pro! What I appreciated most was her honest, practical approach to everything. She has a great sense of humor and a very easy personality to work with! From the very beginning she made me feel very confident that she had everything under control and in the end, she really did! She was super responsive to my sometimes long lists of questions and she made the whole process fun! I should also mention the food and wine...because that's important! Bel Vino wines are fantastic! The food was great..not at all like fussy wedding food. We served Beef, Chicken (which is gluten free) and the Vegetarian butternut squash ravioli. I'm a vegetarian so I wanted to make sure the veggie option was tasty! All-in-all, Bel Vino put on a fantastic wedding for us. All of our guests had a great time and we'll never forget it!

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • LooSha

Shannon · Married on 03/22/2014

Bel Vino Winery was an amazing wedding venue! The ceremony space overlooking the vineyards was breathtaking, the hilltop terrace for the reception was romantic and intimate. The market lighting puts a nice touch on the atmosphere. The bel vino house had plenty of room for our 14 person bridal party to get ready in, and made for some great getting-ready photos. Lindsay the coordinator was very easy to work with, always easily reached, and whatever we wanted she made happen. It was my dream wedding and I would not change a thing about it!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Rosie · Married on 11/09/2013

I chose this venue last year, I fell in love with the view and they offered so much for the price we paid. Some of the options we were looking for were a coordinator plus staff so that I or any of my family members would not have to be setting up for the ceremony, the staff at Bel Vino handled all of that. We also wanted a caterer that was already part of the staff, they have a chef there that worked with us on the menu making it so that we could work it in our budget. They even did the bacon bar we asked for. Another thing we were looking for was overnight accommodations. We wanted to be able to stay the night after the reception and a place during the day for us ladies to get ready in. they offer a house right there! Its big enough to sleep all of my maids and for everyone to get ready in during the day of. The food was delicious, the wedding coordinators there helped me every step of the way and made me feel important every time we talked, they answered my emails in a timely matter and made time to talk to me if we just stopped by. they never pushed us to spend more money and helped us stay on budget. In the end I loved everything about this place and the people there, I would (and do) recommend this venue for other brides.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Christa · Married on 09/14/2013

Bel Vino was the perfect place for our wedding. They have the most beautiful house to rent for the weekend which allowed the bridal party to stay together all weekend. We had the rehearsal dinner there and got to be with our friends and family all weekend. The house also makes for a great place for pictures. Sarah and Lindsay were great coordinators. They took care of all the day of details and ensured things ran smoothly which reduced the stress level associated with a wedding. They took care of the setup and worked well with all of our vendors. There was little for me to do the day of except get ready and enjoy the day. The ambiance of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were exactly what we had hoped for. The reception staff were all very nice and helpful as well. Everyone commented on how much they enjoyed our wedding, especially the location and food. Some even said it was the best tasting wedding food they ever had. Compared to other local venues, Bel Vino gives you the most for your money. I highly recommend having your wedding at this location. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Nichole · Married on 07/05/2013

My fiancé and I fell in love with this winery during a weekend getaway we had a year prior. It seemed obvious to us that this would be the place we would host our wedding. Fortunately, the venue was available and we booked it. We were able to meet with the coordinator who walked us through the event and provided us with tastings of the foods and wines we selected in an effort to narrow everything down for our final menu. The food was delicious and the wines...well, the wines were too! There is a house on the property that we rented as well with multiple bedrooms, a bridal suite and a full kitchen, dining and living area. So, not only did we get to experience the winery for our event we were able to stay there as well. That was a very cool touch and it allowed us to host the Rehearsal Dinner there on site (at the house). Beyond that, all of my brides maids commented on how convenient is was to be able to come to the house to prepare for the wedding that day. No driving from site to site for hair and make-up or forgetting something... We enjoyed some Mimosas and casually (and comfortably) prepared - together. The Coordinator, Sarah Ankenman, and her assistant made themselves available for everything and anything we needed, even checking in to see if I needed some extra assistance at the Rehearsal Dinner. I was SO impressed with how they handled everything. I could tell they really wanted to make sure my event was smooth and I was at ease. I would strongly recommend this venue to any Bride - the location and grounds are stunning and the staff is friendly and beyond helpful!

*After reviewing the other Brides comments, I feel I need to note that I started with the coordinator who was let go. I didn't feel she was very excited or passionate about working with me and I had some major reservations. I was INCREDIBLY happy with the news of the new coordinator, Sarah, and was very pleased with the performance of the entire experience from that point on.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Alina · Married on 05/28/2016

I had my dream wedding at Bel Vino earlier this year. They were easy to work with and the venue is gorgeous. The winery is located on top of a hill with views to die for. Our wedding pictures came out amazing. We had our cocktail hour in the Barrel room and the ambiance they created with the decorations, candles, and wine was spectacular. My family and friends are still talking about it. The staff is easy to work with, accommodating, friendly and professional. We were able to get ready in the Bel Vino house, which was super convenient. If I had to say one negative thing it would be that we couldn't have a bar that serves liquor like my husband wanted, but we were able to have a bar that serves the Bel Vino wine and I have to say that worked out better. Everyone loved the wine we chose to serve and food as well. Overall it was an A+ experience and the value was much better compared to a lot of other wineries we looked at.

Sent on 09/28/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/18/2016

I would never hesitate to book a wedding at Bel Vino. My experience was perfect in every way, and made so much better than any other location because of the facilities at the winery. The huge house comes free with your wedding and is unbelievably gorgeous, with beautiful views and is right next to the ceremony venue and the reception venue. The views from the property along with the surrounding vineyards were better than anything I have seen or could imagine. We also had a great time at the Winery itself and eating at their great outdoor bistro. The reception dinner was beautiful and the food and wine awesome. I'm so happy with my wedding day!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Amanda · Married on 01/29/2018

2.0
      3.0
      1.0

Everything was going well until the day of the wedding, I ignored the fact that I had gone through 3 wedding coordinators and the fact that they didn't really talk to me about the wedding and what I needed to do until a month before. I was happy my choice as what other venue provides a rental house?

The problems began on the day of the wedding. I understand that they cannot control that the electric in the wine country was suddenly down, but to tell the bride that she needs to find a replacement caterer while she is having her hair done Should not have happened. Then while I was having my photographs taken it is decided that it is the best time to say there is no backup plan and if the power doesn't turn on in an hour the wedding has to be canceled. They held no remorse and had no idea how to give the bad news. The way the bad news was provided to me was poor and unprofessional. I loved the venue itself it is beautiful but the coordinator and management on the property need to find a better way to approach bad news. Do not tell a bride that all they need is backup generators and outside food vendors, giving her false hope, when in reality they would have to cancel her wedding that she, the groom, and half of the guests flew in from out of town for.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Katherine · Married on 04/20/2013

1.8
      3.0
      2.0
      2.5
      1.0

My wedding on 4/20/13 was not at all what I had hoped for. My wedding coordinator through the venue was fired the week before me wedding and I had the GM and another girl stand in for the previous coordinator. The two ladies taking over had no idea what they were doing. My ceremony went off without any problems, however at my reception, all the food was stone cold and some guests were not even fed. In light of this situation, I was not contacted whatsoever by the staff at Bel Vino to apologize for the lack of professionalism of the wait staff and two coordinators. I am extremely unhappy that my wedding day was marred by such disappointing events. I would not recommend this vendor to anyone for a wedding. On a lighter note, their wine is quite good and my guests drank quite a bit of it.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Bel Vino Winery's reply:

Since this review, we have had countless weddings that have gone off without a hitch. Bel Vino Winery is dedicated to improve upon every event we do. We now have a dedicated staff that represent our brand and strive for excellence in customer service. We have done a complete make-over of our property, to include the luxurious 3,400 square foot home that is complimentary to all couples the day of their wedding. We provide a Venue Coordinator that will work closely with your Wedding Planner, if needed to ensure the property is set up for a seamless event.
  • Yolanda & Alex

Yolanda · Married on 04/15/2016

0.0

I booked this venue over a year in advance. The coordinator was completely unresponsive almost immediately, and then finally told me that she was pregnant and would be on maternity leave during the crucial months leading up to the wedding day. After not receiving return emails or phone calls from the coordinator, I began to panic and start looking for another venue. I finally received a phone call from the GM, indicating that the coordinator was "let go." What made matters worse, the coordinator lied to me and told me that my dogs were permitted on the grounds for the ceremony, which is a large reason why we selected the venue. The GM said absolutely no dogs allowed, per the owners rules. I was so upset I was in tears. Fortunately, the GM was kind enough to give me my deposit back and even offered to give me the names of other nearby wineries that still had my wedding date available. I am happy with how professional she was, but I would proceed with caution if you decide to book any kind of event there. The new venue I booked told me that they are no longer hosting weddings there, but I know of a future bride that was not made aware of that as of yet. Hopefully they remember to tell her, and not 5 months before her big day!!

Sent on 01/28/2016

SELENA · Married on 09/19/2015

1.0

DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got married at Bel Vino on 9/19/15 and let me say that I didn't get what I was promised and paid for. The coordinator had ZERO communication and when I showed up the entire venue was a construction site with porto potties and all! I was told I couldn't have my cocktail hour where promised in my legal contract nor my ceremony where promised in the contract and they also lost their liquor license. The barrel room was actually pulled down to the drywall!! I had to show up in person and beg just to find out when my rehearsal would be held the day before the wedding. No one would get back to me and I couldn't tell my wedding party anything because I was in the dark. The coordinator actually yelled at my father on the wedding day and was MIA the ENTIRE time. My mother in law had to get my wedding cake and put it out after over an hour of waiting for the coordinator to do it just so we could move on and my photographer had to take over so that toasts were done and the wedding could be put back on a timeline. We were all just sitting there bored for over 45 minutes because the coordinator couldn't be found! During the ceremony someone came in and took the champagne that we were saving to toast the wedding party after the ceremony was complete. They even took our bottled water! I have never been treated so poorly and not to mention at MY WEDDING! I have never ever left a bad review on any site for anything until now. That is how disappointed I am in the treatment myself and my family received. I have asked for the owner's contact info on NUMEROUS occasions which I have never received, and even the pathetic "consolation gift" of a case of wine was never delivered. Please heed my warning. I have never been so disappointed. THIS PLACE SUCKS!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2015