Beauty with Grace Reviews

68 | Harrington Park, NJ

68 Reviews for Beauty with Grace

68 Beauty with Grace Reviews

Rebecca · Married on 09/08/2018

I posted this on Yelp and wanted to share here as well: Grace is a gem. She did makeup for me, my mother, mother-in-law, and sister for my wedding, and I've never felt more beautiful. She really listens to you and customizes a look to suit your wants and needs, unlike other artists I did trials with who just seem to be applying the same cookie cutter contouring and colors to every bride. Grace's application is flawless and she has such a light touch that you could hardly tell I had anything on my skin, it just looked naturally luminous. When I went to wash my face at 2am, after hours of dancing and partying, my first thought when I saw my reflection in the mirror was "Wow, my skin looks great!". I cannot recommend Grace enough if you're looking for natural, glowing makeup, and to look like the best possible version of yourself.

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2018

Grace did an amazing job on my wedding day!!! I was in a rush to find a hair and makeup artist only a few months before my wedding because my previous MUA fell through. At the recommendation of a friend, I contacted Grace, who responded promptly and scheduled a trial right away. After my trial, I had a few suggestions for how I wanted my makeup to be on the actual day, and she did a great job incorporating my feedback. She is such a kind, lovely person and super easy to talk to, which definitely calmed my nerves on the morning of. I absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup. She also did hair and makeup for my mom and mother-in-law, and they looked beautiful!

Karen · Married on 04/21/2018

Grace did such a great job with my bridal make-up/hair, as well as my bridesmaids and mom. Everything was perfect and she is also quick to respond and very easy to work with. Would definitely recommend!

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

I hired Grace for a trial hair and make up before my engagement shoot and was happy with her service so I also hired her for the day of my wedding. Grace is very professional and yes she is a one woman show. She did my hair and make-up along with four other ladies who did their hair and make up, with one person having only make-up done and another person getting their hair done. I was worried with the timing but Grace is a pro. She finished everyone and we were all happy with the results. I feel like if your style is more on the natural side and not over the top, Grace is your person! I didn’t feel “overdone” for my wedding and still looked like myself. Thank you, Grace!!

• W

Winnie · Married on 10/01/2017

Grace did my hair and makeup along with my mom's and my mother-in-law's as well. Both my mom and my mother in law raved about how beautiful their looks were and how happy they were with Grace! Needless to say, I was really happy about my own hair and makeup as well! I booked Grace almost a year in advance and when she said she was available I was super excited to have her for my wedding! She is great and a good value and you really won't regret it!

Winnie

Embed review
    Compliment
    Send message
    5.0 star rating 11/6/2017
    I hired Grace to do my hair and makeup as well as 4 other bridal party hair. I tried 4 different makeup artists before I decided on Grace so I did research! I really cannot recommend her enough. I had everything done at the venue and she was early of course and wasted no time getting to work. She is such a calming influence on a hectic day and the final outcome was even better than when I had the trial with her. I have never looked more beautiful in my life. The makeup was flawless and not cakey or overdone. I looked like the best version of myself and I had so many people come up to me afterwards raving about my makeup and hair. The best part? It stayed alllll day. Well into the sweaty dancing and afterparty. The worst part? That I can't have her do my makeup everyday because I truly have never felt so confident and gorgeous. Thank you Grace for making me feel incredible.

Justin · Married on 06/25/2017

Grace was so wonderful and easy to work with! She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. She listened to what I wanted my makeup and hair to look like. I just sent her some pictures and she knew the look I was going for. I got the package deal for 6 services for my grandma and mom as well and they looked fabulous! My mom looked and felt so beautiful! It was also important for me to book someone who was used to doing Asian makeup and spoke Korean. My wedding was early in the morning and she came at 4:30am to start! Grace was so accommodating. My makeup and hair lasted the WHOLE DAY! I couldn't have asked for anyone better. And her prices are reasonable! I would recommend booking her for your wedding in NY!

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

I highly recommend Grace for both hair and makeup. I hired her for my wedding in May 2017 to do hair and makeup for myself and four of my bridesmaids. Amongst the five ladies, she took a hr for each of the bridesmaids and 1.5 hr for myself. She was right on schedule for each of the ladies! Which is very much appreciated when the day is already so busy.

I did a LOT of research before finding her and her rates are very reasonable compared to many others as she stayed with us from 7:30 AM through 6 PM- plus she traveled to New Rochelle, NY, without adding on travel fees. I like that her package included airbrush and false lashes as a lot of other places will charge these as add-ons to packages.

We did a first reveal before the ceremony and Grace was with me during our photoshoot, she helped fix my hair and makeup during the photoshoot, including putting on and taking off my veil. She also did touch ups after the first photoshoot and again, after the ceremony!

I did a makeup and hair trial with her in January 2017. I personally have watery eyes and can't wear certain eyeliners as they smudge easily on me. So she came back a second time to do another trial using a different eyeliner, without an additional cost, which she bought specifically for me (because of my watery eyes) and it stayed on all day. Also, the eyeliner stayed on throughout the whole wedding day as well (even though I cried a lot) so the trial is highly recommended.

Overall, she's very friendly, open to working with your preferences, gives good advice and very professional!!! I highly recommend Grace, don't bother looking elsewhere.

Jessica · Married on 05/13/2017

I am so glad I booked Beauty with Grace for my wedding day! Grace was always responsive to emails and flexible. Upon meeting Grace at our hair and makeup trial, I knew we were in good hands because she was attentive, communicative and very talented! On the wedding, Grace was punctual and fantastic at working with me and my 4 bridesmaids to achieve our looks. She was laser focused for 5 and a half hours! I also appreciate that Grace allowed me do some of my own makeup without making me feel like I offended her. Grace was with us through the photos for touch ups, and even kindly helped my groom with his stray hair. We all loved working with Grace, and would highly recommend her to any bride! Now I just need another special occasion to work with Grace again!

Rosalie · Married on 03/26/2017

I would highly recommend Grace to do makeup and hair! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding day and the bridesmaids makeup and my moms makeup and hair as well. I loved how she was able to capture our natural beauty and enhance it! She is truly talented! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and the girls loved it as well! She was able to do my moms hair and makeup and we were very impressed!
    My bridal party was very multicultural with Asian, African American and Latina, she knows how to make all of them beautiful. My hair was so beautiful as well! I showed her a picture and she knew what to do right away! I was deciding if I should apply a hair accessory but it was too big for my head, she was able to cut come pieces off from it and fit it beautifully to my head.

My hair and makeup lasted the whole wedding and my sister was impressed that my curls lasted the whole night even when I was sweating!

Grace was very punctual and came on time and she finished all the girls in a timely manner! Lets just say she was on point! She made me calm and comfortable. She was very professional, patient and friendly! If I had any special event I would utilize her services again!

Rachel · Married on 12/03/2016

I cannot recommend Grace enough! She was always very responsive (even when I had a million questions, and last minute changes!), super punctual, and such a calming demeanor. She also knows how to use her time effectively - I had 4 bridesmaids, my mother and myself and she was finished ahead of schedule - and never felt rushed or like we were pushing for time. And we all looked great! I'm a sweater and am really bad with makeup staying on my face but I pretty much looked exactly the same from beginning to end! I didn't even want to take my makeup off at the end of the night lol. I have a few bridesmaids who are also very picky and particular about their hair/makeup and they loved how they looked too! They even want to book her for their upcoming events! On top of all of that, her pricing is SO reasonable, especially compared to the work she puts in! Do not hesitate to have Grace for your hair and makeup, you will be so happy you did. Thank you Grace!

Leslie · Married on 11/05/2016

Grace is truly awesome! She did my makeup and hair for my wedding on November 5th, 2016.
    There were 6 people total to get their hair and makeup done and timing-wise, my venue didn't allow all of us to get ready at the bridal suite. So 2 people had to get theirs done at the hotel and the rest of us at the venue. Grace was super accommodating with this circumstance and made it super easy for all of us. Also she made sure everybody got their hair and makeup done on time, and everybody absolutely looked gorgeous. Not only I was happy with mine, but all of my bridesmaids and my mom were happy with their looks. :) I felt confident and beautiful throughout the night thanks to Grace! If I happen to have another special occasion in the future, I would definitely ask Grace again.

• Joanne

Joanne · Married on 11/05/2016

One of the first things I did when planning my wedding was start my search for a makeup artist. Having had a previous bad experience with a makeup artist who did not understand how to do eye makeup on monolids I knew that I needed to find someone who was skilled at it. I booked my trial with Grace and couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. She was very skilled and worked with me to create a look that was both bridal and comfortable for me. The day-of she arrived timely and did beautiful work not only on myself, but on my mother and MIL. Everyone was incredibly pleased with their looks. Her prices are great and she was very flexible when I was still working on my day-of timeline. I would definitely recommend Grace!

Jenna · Married on 10/30/2016

Grace was amazing! She did my makeup as well as 7 of my bridesmaids, my mom's hair and makeup, my grandmother's hair and another friend of mine's hair and makeup. We all did airbrush makeup and lashes and it looked flawless and lasted all night long. Grace was so professional and sweet and calming throughout the entire day. She was so wonderful to have around and her makeup skills are the best. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Thank you so much Grace!

• Lashawn

Lashawn · Married on 10/09/2016

I was extremely lucky to have found and hired Grace to do my (and my mom's) hair and makeup on my wedding day (10-9-16). I had read nothing but great reviews and saw pictures of her beautiful makeovers and I knew her classic, simple and glamourous technique would suit my style perfectly. She is one of the most reliable, responsive, professional and nicest people I've met. For my trial I was undecided between 2 looks and she tried them both until I was happy with the end result. She was even receptive to a last minute change in hairstyle on the day of the wedding. She can do natural makeup equally as amazing as she can do a more pronounced look. And her hairdo skills are amazing! Rarely can you find someone that's great at doing both... she is definitely a force to be reckoned with! Not only is she at the top of her game, but her fees are very reasonable! I can't recommend her enough!

christine · Married on 10/08/2016

Grace was one of my favorite vendors to work with during my wedding! The make up came out beautifully on all of us, and my bridesmaids and I have different skin tones, coloring, and styles. The elegant looks she created made us all feel amazing, and we love how we look in the photos. Grace was also extremely easy to work with, and has a really nice, calming personality.

V · Married on 09/30/2016

I am not a big makeup person, so it was a little daunting and overwhelming to try and find a makeup artist for my wedding day. I found Grace online and her reviews all mentioned her amazing talent as well as her warm personality. I took a chance and emailed her to book a trial for the day of my engagement shoot. She was extremely responsive with email and support patient when we had to reschedule several times due to bad weather. Finally the day arrived and she was at my house right on time to help me get ready. We tried out a few options for my hair and then on to the makeup. She totally understood the natural look I wanted and was accommodating with my wish to keep my glasses on for both the shoot and the big day. It was very easy to talk with her, and she made me feel completely relaxed during the whole application process. When it was time for the reveal I was so pleased with how everything came out. I just looked like a slightly glammed up version of myself. All of my features were highlighted but it didn't look caked on or fake, it just like a prettier me! I was excited to see what my now husband would think and he loved it! The pics came out great too, and the hair and makeup lasted several hours of heat and sweating!
    On the day of the wedding, Grace came to my parents house to do various services for the women in my family and was flexible to add new people when necessary, all while staying in my timeline. The price was very fair and well worth it for what we got! Again, my makeup lasted all night and I never felt uncomfortable in it, or really need any touchups other than lipstick. Thank you so much Grace!!!!

Marybeth · Married on 09/24/2016

Grace made sure that my ladies and I all looked spectacular before we headed down the aisle. She listened to everyones preferences (hair up or down etc.) and everyone was so pleased with the results. The most important thing to me was for my bridal party to be comfortable, and Grace made sure that that happened. I would highly reccomend Grace for anyone who wants to look their best for their wedding or any special occasion.

JJ · Married on 09/03/2016

SO fortunate to have found Grace as my makeup artist for my wedding. I was pretty stressed out in finding one after having a terrible trial with another artist that made me look unrecognizable and what others can only describe as a wannabe geisha. Grace understood that I wanted to keep it natural but also look like a better version of myself on my wedding day. We had a pretty early wedding at 11am, and Grace needed to do my makeup, my two friends, and my aunt and my mom. She was willing to arrive early (4am) and start the process. Grace was calm and professional--something that is needed when there are so many moving parts to a wedding day. Everyone looked great, and was amazed at how well the makeup stayed on all day. I was bawling at the ceremony and it didn't look like I cried at all! At the end of the night, I was too tired to undo my hair and slept in it and my updo didn't get ruined. Since we had brunch the next day, I just put on some more hairspray to smooth out the fly aways and went to the event in my wedding hair! I thought her rates are pretty reasonable, I was getting ridiculous quotes from different artists. You won't regret having Grace as your makeup artist, she is reliable, uses great products, communicates fast through email, and knows how to make you look great!

Mimi · Married on 08/28/2016

I booked her 8 months in advance. She was so attentive the entire time, she always got back to me very quickly via text. She made me feel very comfortable and valued my opinions, we discuss how I want me look and she gave me advice. I changed my mind about my hair 2 weeks before and she was helping me to choose my hair extension so I could get to the look I want. She made me look stunning!

Gihee · Married on 07/29/2016

Grace is amazing!!! My bridesmaids and I looked gorgeous on my big day! Me being Korean American, it's really hard to find make up artists who can work with our face shape and structure. I've been a bridesmaid many times and everytime I had my make up done by other artists, I felt they didn't do as good of a job as Grace did. Grace really understands how to compliment the various styles of make up and your own preferences very well. All of my bridesmaids raved about Grace! Grace was super responsive throughout all of our encounters. If you hire Grace, you're in great hands. She's someone you can trust and rely on. As a bride, the last thing you want is to stress out how beautiful you'll look on your big day and Grace will ensure you'll look your absolute best!

Amanda · Married on 07/09/2016

I hired Grace to do me and my mom's hair and makeup on my wedding day. She was super flexible about the timing--she arrived at Long Island from Forest Hills at 6 am and was able to smoothly accommodate a last minute change, when she took on one of my bridesmaids. Grace took my wishes and style into consideration when doing my makeup and it lasted my WHOLE day-- 7 am to 11 pm that night! I highly recommend using Grace for your hair and makeup needs for special events :)

• Angela

Angela · Married on 06/18/2016

We receive a lot of compliments for our makeup. The way she did our makeup was naturally beautiful. It was not caky and she is there all throughout to freshen you up. We loved it.

I decided to go with Grace after a few makeup trials, and the determine factor was that Grace was willing to work with me to accommodate my ideas. I had these different options for hair pieces, and Grace was able to help me to narrow it down to what looks best for me~ Her improvisation on the spot worked much better for me than those Pintereset images I found (sometimes you don't know what's best for yourself~).

On the day of the wedding Grace held it all together despite of a hectic schedule. I looked beautiful from beginning to the end, and my Mom never looked so good! She was always so nice and composed, my family and I had a great time working with her.

Another reason why you may want to choose Grace could be that you are Asian and would like to find a makeup artist who understand the Asian facial structure (if you share this struggle with me, that is). I have been in someone else's wedding before, and the makeup artist treated my face as if I were Caucasian, but I'm Asian, so the makeup just didn't work for me, I looked like a completely different person~ So for my own wedding I made sure to find a makeup artist who understand the Asian beauty culture and knows how to treat an Asian face. I'm so very satisfied with the result Grace has given me, I looked like a prettier version of myself :)