72 Reviews for Beauty in Motion Studio

Fake Lashes (3)
Airbrush Makeup (2)
Consultations (1)
Contour Makeup (1)

This review is a slightly overdue but I felt it was important to provide it nonetheless. I used Beauty in Motion for my May 2016 wedding. Angela and Crystal provided hair and makeup services for a total of 10 of my gals including bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, moms and myself (the bride). Prior to my wedding day I had a trial session that went very well. I am glad I did one and would highly recommend future brides to have one as well. It makes the day of run a bit smoother since everything has been pre worked out. On wedding day, the team came to my home where they arrived on time and ready to work. In my opinion, their work is effortless and classic. Crystal and Angela were great to work with from start to finish. Work with them - you will be very pleased!

Profile Picture Patricia, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Angela did my makeup trial and engagement shoot. She is also doing my makeup/hair for my wedding day. I loved my makeup both times. She listened to every detail and request and worked with me until I was absolutely happy with my look. I highly recommend Beauty in Motion Studio to anybody.

Profile Picture User5525561, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE CRYSTAL!!! My wedding was this past weekend and Crystal and her team did such an amazing job!!! Crystal did my makeup and hair and her team (two wonderful ladies) did my bridesmaids.

Bridal Trial:
I was really amazed at the attentive-ness that Crystal showed, and it was only the bridal trial! Compared to the trial and the actual wedding day, the amount of time Crystal spent on me was the same! During the trial she made absolutely sure it was perfect and that I liked it. I had two hair styles, up-do and down-do. She knew I was mainly concerned with my eyes (i have small tiny asian eyes) and she spent alot of time on my eyes to make sure it popped! Overall the trial was a huge success.

Wedding day:
They drove to the location where I was getting ready at. The first 35 miles is free, but I think mine overall was a little over but Crystal didnt even try to nickle and dime me :) her team was on time and ready to go immediately. I kept asking Crystal if she wanted any food or drink, but she only just wanted to focus on me! Yes it did take all morning from 8:30AM-12:00PM but it was so fun chatting here and there with Crystal and her team that I did not even notice what time it was. All of a sudden I was done! I had so much compliments and my friends and family could not believe that was me! I really recommend the air brush, I also tried it during the trial as well. It is a bit extra but it is sooo worth it. I am the type of person that gets sweaty really easily. The airbrush held up so well through my sweat, just make sure you dab and not wipe! Not to mention Crystal gave me a little kit at the end to help with touch ups in between. A blotting sheet to help with my sweating, lip gloss, and extra bobby pins and a lip brush.

Overall, BIMS is soooo awesome! I really recommend them! Not to mention my maid of honor was sooo impressed with them she has also booked them for engagement session, bridal trial, bridal hair and bridesmaids hair.

Profile Picture Lena, 11/21/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

BIM was the first vendor I met and I immediately decided to use BIM after talking to Angela during our consultation. Angela is really really sweet. She gave really good suggestions and ideas when I showed her the the make up and hair style I'm looking for.

I got married on 10/10/15 and it was extremely hot that day. My makeup kept on without ANY problems through the day and I was very impressed and happy. I got a lot of compliments on my makeup that day.

Also I got a huge pimple a few days before the wedding (I also broke out a week before my engagement photo shot, too. Yeah..go figure...)and I was really upset and worried. After Angela did the makeup, I can hardly see the pimple. It was covered up very naturally without looking heavy or caky.

I would highly recommend Angela and her team for any bride-to-be out there and you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Chan, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Loved loved loved working with Beauty In Motion! They were always quick to reply to my emails and their rates were exactly what I was looking for. I hired them as the beauty team for my bridesmaids, flower girl and moms and I couldn't have been happier with how everything worked out. My flower girl brought a Frozen Braid Book and showed them the "Anna" braid she wanted ... they completely nailed it - ribbon and all. I would absolutely recommend them for any bride/bridal party.

Profile Picture Jodi, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Angela and Crystal were an amazing team to work with. They did my makeup along with my matron of honor, and mother's. They were always responsive and understood exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day. The makeup trial and wedding day went smoothly and they even finished before schedule! Hiring them was a very easy decision and one less thing to stress about since they were on time, responsive, and very friendly. I can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Joyce , 9/5/15, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

My wedding was August 15, 2015 and Crystal and Angela came to my house to get everyone ready for my wedding.
Crystal did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. My wedding day was super hot and of course i cried. My hair and make up were flawless. I was pleased with their services. Everyone in my bridal party looked amazing!!! Whenever, I need hair and make up I will definitely go back to them. Not only do they do a great job their prices are so reasonable. To any bride out there I definitely recommend Beauty in Motion Studio!!! Crystal and Angela take their time until you look perfect!!!!

Thanks,
Rosario Herrera

Profile Picture Rosario, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

There is nothing to do but rave and praise Beauty in Motion and their team. I went in and had my hair and makeup done for my engagement photos (booked them solely on their reviews) and by the end of the appointment had secured them for my wedding 5 months away. They are amazing at what they do. They make you look like yourself, but 100 times better. All my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup on the day, and I could not have been happier myself. I felt beautiful and confident, which is all you can ask for. Plus, my hair and makeup lasted the entire day up until our wedding ended at 1 am.

If I have any special event in the future, I may just have to use it as an excuse to return to them and feel wonderful again!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so thankful to have had Angela and her amazing team for my wedding day hair and make up! They are all such talented and sweet ladies!! Their wedding package is really the best in the industry. I would recommend Beauty in Motion Studios to other brides looking for a top notch Make up & Hair artist. Thanks to Angela, everyone said I looked amazing on my wedding day :)
Angela is one of the most responsive vendors that I had worked with for my special day, as well as being professional.
She will even let the beautiful bride borrow some of her beautiful jewelry and a veil for their special day.
Thank you Angela, your team is amazing! :)

Profile Picture Julie, 3/22/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Angela was amazing from Beauty in Motion. She was always very quick to respond to my emails with exactly the information I needed.

I hired Angela to do my hair and makeup for the wedding day, and she also did my makeup for my engagement photos. Through the whole process she was very attentive and friendly.

For the day of the wedding, she brought in a team to help with the hair and makeup of my 5 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls. They showed up a little earlier than expected, which was so nice, and the whole team was friendly and willing to answer questions about the hair and makeup process.

Angela and her team definitely helped make the morning go smoothly.

Profile Picture Karen, 3/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Worked with Angela and her team for day of wedding makeup, comprise of my make up and hair, my bridesmaid's make up & hair and my sister in law hair. The make up and hair was very fitting. Everyone loved it, it was young and fresh, the makeup was not dull had the dewy look. Price was reasonable for what we wanted, trial was very productive and the final day Angela and team showed up on time and was very professional. They are very open to what you want and very responsive whether email, text or phone.

Profile Picture katie, 10/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My experience with Angela has been very positive. Angela, the makeup artist, was very responsive to my emails as well as my questions. She was also very flexible: I had changes to my venue as well as my dress. These changes affected the way I would wear my hair and makeup. Angela was able to accommodate for these changes with no problem.

On the day of the wedding, I received lots of compliments on my hairdo from guests as well as took many photos with the photographer on the hair. I am so pleased with Angela's professionalism, responsiveness and quality of work, that I will continue to use Beauty in Motion to do my hair, makeup and facials for future events.

I would definitely recommend using Beauty in Motion for your wedding.

Profile Picture User3617720, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crystal and her team did an AMAZING job on my and my wedding party's hair and makeup. From the initial consultation with Crystal and Angela, to my engagement shoot, to my hair/makeup trial, and lastly my wedding day, Crystal was fantastic. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. You can tell she really cares for her job and customers. I didn't have too much of a preference on how I wanted my hair/makeup completed for my engagement shoot. I had complete trust in Crystal and she did a fabulous job on my engagement shoot look. During my hair/makeup trial, I showed her a couple of looks that I liked and she did her magic and was able to come up with a fabulous look. On my wedding day, her and her team arrived on time at our bridal suite and was able to complete my, my 4 bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law's makeup/hair - (7 people total) - in a span of 4 hours! I couldn't have asked for better service! My bridesmaids looked wonderful (each having their own personally chosen looks) and I got a lot of compliments on my hair and makeup. Crystal also came during my reception to change up my make up for my second dress. I, unfortunately, was running about an hour late due to photographs with my guest tables, and left poor Crystal waiting for me for about an hour. But when I went back to finally change into my second dress, Crystal was so sweet and patient with me. She was very professional throughout the few months I have met with her. You can always email her and she responds really quickly. She is very easy to talk to and I felt completely trusting in her knowledge and skills. I couldn't have asked for a better hair & makeup artist!!!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Thanks Crystal... you made my big day more colorful.... all my guest, family,and friends love my makeup so much.. it look so natural ... what a memorable day for all of us... Once again, thank you so much.

Profile Picture my, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crystal, Angela, and their team are wonderful! Since I first reached out to them, they were nothing but patient and sweet! As a business, they've got it down - they're quick to respond emails, they listen to what the customer wants, and they provide a good value for their services (veil and jewelry rentals were complimentary). They're prompt and very aware of time, so as long as you let them know of your schedule, you won't have to worry about hair & makeup running you late!

Crystal was my makeup and hair artist for my engagement shoot, my wedding trial, and my wedding. She did a wonderful job listening to what I wanted and offered great input when I asked. Obviously every bride wants to look and feel beautiful on the day of her wedding, but I also believe that this isn't a day where makeup is meant to be caked on but rather to amplify the beautiful features she already has. Crystal and her team did a wonderful job of this! All of my bridesmaids as well as my mother and MIL were very pleased with how everything turned out! They are such a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Julia, 8/31/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crystal and her team were absolutely wonderful!!! It started out with my trial session, she was patient and gave great advice we tried a few different styles and I knew I picked the right artist after my trial. Crystal and her team were originally scheduled to do hair and makeup for my 3 bridesmaids and myself but 3 days before the wedding I had a problem with another make-up team who were scheduled to work on my mom, sister, junior bridesmaids and mother and aunts of the groom. No problem, Crystal made it all happen, she called additional girls and we were able to add 8 more ladies to hair and makeup within 3 days notice - it was unbelievable!!! Crystal herself woke up extra early and showed up at my mom's house at 4:30AM to make it possible. Everyone was extremely happy with the results and I would highly recommend Crystal and her team to anyone looking for a great hair and makeup team!

Profile Picture Serena, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I tried out three hair and makeup people for my wedding and Beauty in Motion was by far the best. For the hair, I wanted something classic and intricate enough that I couldn't do it on my own (otherwise why pay a professional?). I also was pretty picky about how my hair framed my face and what kind of volume I was looking for. For the makeup, I wanted my skin to look natural with more subtle eye makeup (no club eye-makeup) and a lip color to compliment my skin. All of the other professionals left me wanting more and never seemed to get the exact result I wanted. With Beauty in Motion I didn't have to change anything. They knew exactly what would work on me and came up with a gorgeous style on the first try.

They were right on time on the day of the wedding, came to the hotel where we were staying, and did hair and makeup for the bridal party (3 bridesmaids), me, and my mom. My mom even arrived one hour late and they were still able to do a great job on her hair and makeup! Hair and makeup is one of the most important things to a bride on her wedding and I am so glad I chose to go with Beauty in Motion. They did an outstanding job and my makeup and hair looked just as beautiful in the last photo as in the first (after tears, dancing, and everything else!). Thank you Beauty in Motion for giving me a perfect look on my big day!

Profile Picture Allyson, 6/14/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was looking for a make-up artist in my area for my wedding and happened across Beauty In Motion when searching on Yelp. When I contacted them through email, Angela answered my right away and suggested that we meet in person at her studio to discuss things. She was very responsive to my emails, which I found to be very helpful and set her apart from the other make-up studios in the area. The studio is very cute and meeting with her put me at ease...I had found my make-up and hair artist! During the trial, Angela worked with me and asked me exactly what type of look I was going for. I showed her different pictures of hair and make-up I had pinned on Pinterest, and she went to work! She even fixed my hair in a different way after we had picked my wedding day hair so that I could have a different hairstyle for my engagement photos which I did later in the day. I was going for a more natural look (and I am also not used to wearing so much makeup), so when I told her that I felt a little self conscious with my eye make-up, she lightened it for me on my wedding day and it felt perfect! I did not feel over done and I still felt like I looked like me, but prettier! Many guests complimented me on my make-up and even my husband (who HATES when I wear make-up) told me that I looked beautiful. Angela did a great job and I am so happy I used her as my make-up artist.

Profile Picture Tania, 6/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I actually discovered Beauty in Motion thru my older sister when she chose Angela to do her hair and make up on her wedding. Everyone was blown away by the quality that my other older sister had made her decision to use Angelas services for her wedding day a year later which I personally got to experience because I was a bridesmaid and a couple months later, a maid of honor for my best friend wedding.

So my best friend had chosen another make up artist to do her hair and make up on her wedding day and I compared both my choice (beauty in motion) and my friends choice. There was no doubt in my mind that the quality and service provided by Angela were top notch.

Because my main concern was that I have sensitive skin along with eczema on my face, which will react to any chemical product. All of the products that Angela used on me were hypoallergenic and my sensitive face doesn't break out! Plus Angela doesn't overload on the make up which is a relief because I hate feeling the weight and seeing cake-like make up.

As a maid of honor I had to meet Angela at her studio and I asked for slightly dramatic eyes and showed her a picture of how I wanted my hair half up and later ended up altering the hairstyle because Angela asked me if the hairstyle was what I wanted based on the picture and she suggested pinning the hair to one side and I instantly agreed with her because it made me feel prettier!

I got a lot of surprised and good compliments on my hair and make up. Which made me feel I made the right choice. :)

Profile Picture Joyce, 1/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Angela @ Beauty in Motion Studio are extremely great!!! She did my wife's make up and hair styling for the morning ceremony and dinner night reception, communications was fantastic and easy. I would recommend anyone that are in searching for a great makeup and hairstyling for there wedding.

Profile Picture Tony, 1/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Angela is great and pleasant to communicate with. Booking for the service is easy. The make up she done for me on my wedding is spectacular. Definately will recommend to friends!

Profile Picture User3904447, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

So here's my wedding day update...ANGELA YET AGAIN DID A WONDERFUL JOB!!! She did an awesome job on my make up which I got a lot of compliments for, especially for the lashes!!! She also did a fantastic job on my hair! My friends and family loved the hairstyle that I had. A little bit after my trial, I found another hairstyle that I really liked and text Angela the picture if she can achieve that look. She told me that she def could. So I was very excited to see how it would turn out on my wedding day. As she started doing my updo, she then gave me a few cute other options of what I wanted my hair to look like and I took her option! OMG...beautiful!!! I am so glad that she will give you her honest opinions and recommendations! I would def refer her and re-use her if I needed to for the hair and make up needs. Use BIM and you will not be disappointed.

I had my trial done in July '13 and was able to take advantage of the trial since I was a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding. I wasn't really sure how I wanted my hair for my wedding, all I told Angela was that I wanted my hairstyle to be down and to the side and she was able to make it happen! Since Angela knew that I was going to be a bridesmaid, she was nice enough to help me pin all my hair up and style it beautifully so that my friends wouldn't see how I wanted my hair done for my big day. I got so many compliments from my friends that day on how the make up and hair looked absolutely beautiful. During my trial session with Angela, she was very friendly and down to earth. She listens to all of your concerns and what you like/dislike. She will give you her opinions on what she thinks will look great on you. Absolutely great service at BIMS. One of my main concerns was make-up being caked up on my face, Angela definitely does not do that. She makes you look natural. Hair & make up lasted through the night. Highly recommend BIMS for your beauty needs.

Profile Picture Betty , 11/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am incredibly delighted with the outcome of the hair and makeup for myself and bridal party, such wonderful work from these professionals and you can't ask for a more friendly and understanding team :)

Although my dress was already purchased when I did my trial it was going to have many changes esp with the neckline, so showing them a photo was useless and I didn't end up with a definite hairstyle. By the time I sent a photo of the finished dress we were only days away from the wedding. We all agreed an updo was best but I was very hesitant the day of because we tried an updo (that I chose) at the trial and it matured me several years. I couldn't decide what to do so Crystal just took over and created a beautiful updo.

I also borrowed a veil from them. I didn't want one but my mother did. My dress shop gave me a simple veil and it was ok, but I felt with my dress style the veil should be a long one. I never mentioned this to the team, just that I maybe wanted to borrow a veil from them. Lo and behold Crystal brought only one veil and it was a gorgeously trimmed LONG veil. It was a huge hit with my mom, she loved it!

We heard all day from everyone that traffic was incredibly bad and it made the team 20 min late but they still finished 6 girls way ahead of schedule so it was very relaxed at the end with us chit chatting, doing touch-ups, and plenty of time to talk about the veil and instruct my bridesmaids how to take it out for me.

Such a fabulous team, its vendors like them that gave me the few precious good memories I have of that day. Their customer service is wonderful too, I've visited the studio about 3 separate times and each time I was offered something to drink and we'd have a good chat like we're old friends! Thanks ladies you rock!

Profile Picture User2948843, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had my wedding in October 2013. I have contacted and tried out make up with multiple vendors. Finally, I found Angela. She is perfect! She captured what I wanted for my special day. She is professional and overall amazing!

Thank you Angela!