Beauty in a Box Artistry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Maria
    Maria Married on 09/06/2020
    Ashley (beauty in a box) was so friendly and knew exactly what to do to enhance my natural features and fit the theme of the day. I highly recommend her for your makeup needs!

*it was a bridal photoshoot and I was the model, so I didn't pay for the service.
    Lee S. Married on 11/02/2019

Amann Wedding

I am beyond grateful I was able to have Ashley as my makeup artist for my wedding! She made me feel absolutely beautiful and working with her was easy and stress free! I appreciated how well she worked with my bridesmaids and my timeline too. She made all of us feel and look amazing!

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

You are the sweetest! I had a blast with you and your girls!! I hope you had the most perfect day. I’m so thankful Kelly was able to connect us. Bridesmaid turned bride are my most favorite clients ❤️
    Melanee Married on 06/12/2019
    Let me start off by saying that I typically hate getting my makeup done! So, as one of my now sis-in-laws bridesmaids, I was just looking forward to getting the glam session over with. After sitting in Ashley's chair for 5 minutes, I was completely comfortable and realized that I was actually enjoying my time! She understood exactly what I wanted and did a beautiful job. Her skills are incredible. I am so happy that she was there to make me look and feel beautiful! I would recommend Beauty in a Box to anyone looking for an amazing experience with a talented makeup artist!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 11/04/2018

Fantastic!

A coworker recommended Ashley after being a bridesmaid in another wedding she did and I am so glad she connected us! We loved having our make up done by Ashley! Everyone looked so great and she was super fun to hang out with both at the trial and the morning of. She traveled to Virginia for both the trial and wedding even though she lives in Maryland. I felt like a princess and was super impressed with her skills. Thank you Ashley!

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! I hope Married Life has been amazing for you so far! Your honeymoon looked so, so beautiful.

Happy New Year! xoxo
    Gabrielle Married on 10/27/2018

Married on 10/27/18

Words can't begin to explain how pleased I was with how my makeup turned out on my big day! I normally don't wear makeup, but Ashley was able to do my makeup in a way that it was natural, yet beautiful. She was also able to cover up a tattoo on my back, just as I had asked. My bridesmaids absolutely loved her, too! Throughout the day Ashley just felt like an old friend and we all felt completely comfortable with having her around. She did a wonderful job all around!
    Katie Married on 09/22/2018
    Ashley made the entire process so easy. I am terrible at makeup and makeup terminology but she never once made me feel like I didn’t know anything. She made me feel comfortable and from the very beginning only wanted me to look exactly how I wanted to look. She was not satisfied until myself, and all of my bridesmaids, were satisfied. I would 100% recommend Ashley and use her again for my makeup needs.

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Katie :) I hope your day was magnificent!!!!
    Heather Married on 08/25/2018
    I absolutely LOVED Ashley! She was amazing and made me feel 100% beautiful on my wedding day. My bridesmaids even noted that they had had their make up done before but never as thouroughly as Ashley had done theirs. I was impressed by her professionalism and promptness. Thank you for your work Ashley!
    Jennifer M. Married on 05/18/2018

Wonderful artist, wonderful person- amazing!

I met Ashley originally when I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding. She has an amazing personality and excellent makeup skills. I usually never wear eye makeup and she was able to do a subtle smoky eye that I actually liked! I have recommended her to every person I know getting married in the DMV area. When I got engaged she was one of the first vendors I knew I had to have. She really understands the vision of the client and how to execute on different skin types and eye colors. Above and beyond, she was willing to travel to my venue at an extremely reasonable rate. It’s the combination of all of the logistics, details, prompt communication, and wonderful execution that makes her a vendor who is worth every penny! A true artist and wonderful person. Don’t pass her up if she’s available!!
    Kristin Married on 05/05/2018
    I chose Ashley as my make-up artist because she did my make-up for a previous wedding I was a bridesmaid in, and did a wonderful job! She did a great job for my wedding as well! She is super responsive, super sweet, and does great make-up. Lashes are included in her price, which was perfect. She also has Venmo, which I know some of my girls appreciated! We got ready in our hotel room connected to the venue, which was super convenient that she came to our location. She creates a timeline so the day is organized. I would definitely recommend her for make-up!
    Jess Event on: 12/16/2017
    I went to Ashley in December in preparation for a professional photo shoot. Her services included make-up and false eyelashes. She was very considerate of how I wanted to look, she was professional, and her prices are reasonable. Overall, I had a wonderful experience with Ashley and I would highly recommend her as a make-up artist.
    Kellie Married on 11/04/2017
    I loved working with Ashley! My sister found her on Facebook and she was the friendliest make up artist we spoke to. Ashley did an in home trail which was perfect for my busy schedule. We had bad lighting, but she didn't complain once- just moved me to the front porch and I relaxed while she made me up.
    She tested airbrush on me and I was convinced that was the way I was going. I changed a few days before the wedding to standard make-up. The air-brush was beautiful, but I felt a bit more like myself in the regular foundation.
    Ashley was awesome to work with. I always worry that it will be awkward, but she made the process really fun. The day of, she was very professional, created a timeline, and make sure that all 9 of my bridesmaids stuck to it. They are a rowdy group and Ashley managed them perfectly.
    Ashley made me feel comfortable and beautiful.
    I would recommend her to anyone.
    Michaela Married on 10/14/2017
    I can’t thank Ashley (owner of Beauty in Box) enough for doing my makeup for our big day! I looked gorgeous and my husband nearly dropped to his knees during our first look! Ashley was very attentive, detailed and organized during the planning process— thank you, Ashley!

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

You are SOO sweet. Thank you so much!! It was great working with you and I'm glad you had a wonderful wedding day <3
    Jamie Married on 10/07/2017
    Ashley did my make up for my best friends wedding a few other events and will be providing make up for my wedding next year!! She does excellent work that last all day and all night standing up against the hot summer sun and long nights of dancing!!
    Sarah Married on 09/30/2017
    Ashley was an absolute dream to work with! I used her services for my wedding this past September. The bridal party was beyond happy with their makeup, which lasted all day and night. She was attentive and listened to requests and was always willing to make adjustments if needed ... and last minute touchups! She was 110% prepared for my big day and large bridal party. Ashley also traveled to my home for the trial and made the process exciting and fun for someone who knows very little about cosmetics. She was also in touch with me throughout the month leading up to the big day to answer any questions/concerns and finalize the timeline. She is sweet, easy to talk to, and awesome. Ashley is a true artist and someone I will come to again in the future for professional makeup.

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thank you SO much Sarah! I had such a great day with you and your gals :)
    Janet Married on 08/26/2017
    Can't share enough positive feedback regarding Ashley!!! We used her services last weekend for my daughter's wedding. Everyone in our wedding party was VERY happy with their make-up. She arrived early, and was also able to add some additional family members last minute. Would highly recommend to all bridal parties!!! Excellent work! Signed, very very satisfied MOB!!
    Lindsey Married on 06/18/2017
    Ashley was great to work with! I appreciated the convenience of her coming to my apartment for the bridal trial and she was so great about making me feel comfortable and look my best since I am someone who does not wear makeup on a daily basis. On the day of the wedding, she arrived on time and finished ahead of schedule. A lot of my bridesmaids noted how friendly Ashley was and she was easy to hold a conversation with while she did their makeup. I am so glad I selected Beauty in a Box for my wedding makeup!
    Lynsie Married on 05/27/2017
    Ashley did an amazing job with the make up for myself, bridal party, and mother of the bride for my wedding this past spring. She listened to what everyone wanted and was always willing to make any adjustments as needed. She was extremely prepared for my big day. Ashley travelled to my house for the make up trial, which was extremely helpful with my busy schedule. She was also in contact with me throughout the month before my wedding seeing if had I any questions and finalizing timelines with me. She brought everything she needed on my wedding day so I didn't have to worry about a thing when it came to my make up. I would definitely recommend Ashley!
    Danielle Married on 05/20/2017
    If your looking for a make-up artist, Beauty in a Box should be your first call! I am not one to wear make up at all, so when it came down to getting beautiful for my wedding I was a bit nervous that I would come out looking like a completely different person with tons of make up. After sitting down with Ashley, that was not at all what I expected! I told her exactly what I was looking for and she ran with it, Not only did i look beautiful, I felt beautiful & it lasted all day long! She was sweet, down to earth and over all awesome! After a few mishaps on the morning of my wedding, She was there with excellent patience with not only myself but my bridesmaids. I will definitely be using her again in the future and you should too! Thanks so much Beauty in a Box for making me a beautiful princess on my perfect day!
    Hilary Married on 05/05/2017
    Ashley was great to work with and she made everyone look beautiful!

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Hil! :) It's always a pleasure to work with a longtime friend. I hope your day was amazing!
    Anna Married on 04/22/2017
    Ashley has a lot of experience with her makeup skills, she definitely knows what she's doing! She can accommodate whatever style of makeup you're looking for your event.

Thanks Ashley!
    Amanda Married on 04/01/2017
    Ashley is great! She responded back to my email immediately and was so easy to schedule with. She does amazing work and I absolutely loved my makeup!
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 03/31/2017
    Ashley did an amazing job on everyone's makeup! I loved the work she did when she did my makeup for a budoir photoshoot a few months back and knew I wanted her to do my wedding makeup as well. She was very easy to work with and was very flexible. There was so much stress the day of and many problems, but she helped keep me at ease and made working with her very easy!! I got so many compliments on my makeup both times she completed it. Thank you so much!!

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Mary! Was such a pleasure working with you and your crew! Your Honeymoon like amazing!!! Enjoy the married life <3

xoxo,

Ashley
    Catherine Married on 03/17/2017
    I don't know where to start! Ashley with Beauty in a Box is a master! I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day because of her! Ashley was quick to respond to any questions/concerns, was super flexible in scheduling my trial, and made getting ready for the wedding a blast!! She was a one woman show, doing makeup for not only myself, but for my bridal party and mother-in-law. She listened to exactly what everyone wanted, and was able to make all of us feel beautiful and special. My MOH doesn't wear a lot of makeup regularly, and Ashley was able to make her feel comfortable and gorgeous without being overly "done up." I only wish Ashley could be around every day to make me look so pretty. I wish I could rate her with more than 5 stars, because she is THAT good. She is a true professional while being affordable and approachable. Do yourself a favor and contact Ashley, she is wonderful. Thank you, Ashley and Beauty in a Box...you are a true artist!

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Wow! What kind words, Cat! Thank you so much and I'm flattered that I had such an awesome impact on your special day.

Xoxo,

Ashley
    Kristi Married on 01/29/2017
    Ashley is extremely easy to work with and made me feel at ease right away. She's polite, professional and works well with personal preferences. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist!

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thank you Kristi! One of my favorite parts of working with you is how funny you are!! Always keep me laughing :)
  • User2975316 2+ years ago
    On a regular basis, I never wear make-up, but I knew I wanted to wear make-up for my wedding. I also knew that I could not, and would not, do my own make-up. At first, I tried to find someone that could do both hair and make-up. After that proved to be a fail, I posted on the Maryland Wedding Consignment FB page, looking for a makeup artist for less than $150 and would travel to my venue.

I received many responses, and I contacted a lot of those as well. Luckily, Ashley was available on my wedding day (a Sunday in January).

She came to my house to do the trial, which was included in the quote she sent me via e-mail. The trial went amazingly well. She was super friendly and knowledgeable, and even convinced me to try false lashes (which I'm so glad I did.)

On wedding day, she arrived on time with all necessary supplies. We started at 7am, and she completed me (the bride) and 5 additional family members prior to our agreed "be ready" time of 11am (I know she finished no later than 10:30am).

I really liked how she had a contract; even though her make-up services are part-time, it felt like a real business, with a real contract. I appreciated that and it put my mind at ease that she would deliver.

I felt as though her prices were very fair and reasonable. She worked well with my family members who were also very make-up hesitant and made us look absolutely amazing.

I would highly recommend Beauty in a Box for any make-up needs, whether it be a wedding or just a night out on the town.

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome AND thorough response :) Glad you had a great experience, it's what I strive for!