Beauty in a Box Artistry Reviews

35 | Elkridge, MD

35 Reviews for Beauty in a Box Artistry

35 Beauty in a Box Artistry Reviews

Maria · Getting married on 09/29/2019

Ashley (beauty in a box) was so friendly and knew exactly what to do to enhance my natural features and fit the theme of the day. I highly recommend her for your makeup needs!

*it was a bridal photoshoot and I was the model, so I didn't pay for the service.

Beauty in a Box Artistry 1
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 2
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 3
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 4
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 5

melanee · Getting married on 06/12/2019

Let me start off by saying that I typically hate getting my makeup done! So, as one of my now sis-in-laws bridesmaids, I was just looking forward to getting the glam session over with. After sitting in Ashley's chair for 5 minutes, I was completely comfortable and realized that I was actually enjoying my time! She understood exactly what I wanted and did a beautiful job. Her skills are incredible. I am so happy that she was there to make me look and feel beautiful! I would recommend Beauty in a Box to anyone looking for an amazing experience with a talented makeup artist!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2018

Fantastic!

A coworker recommended Ashley after being a bridesmaid in another wedding she did and I am so glad she connected us! We loved having our make up done by Ashley! Everyone looked so great and she was super fun to hang out with both at the trial and the morning of. She traveled to Virginia for both the trial and wedding even though she lives in Maryland. I felt like a princess and was super impressed with her skills. Thank you Ashley!

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Ashley made the entire process so easy. I am terrible at makeup and makeup terminology but she never once made me feel like I didn’t know anything. She made me feel comfortable and from the very beginning only wanted me to look exactly how I wanted to look. She was not satisfied until myself, and all of my bridesmaids, were satisfied. I would 100% recommend Ashley and use her again for my makeup needs.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Katie :) I hope your day was magnificent!!!!

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

I absolutely LOVED Ashley! She was amazing and made me feel 100% beautiful on my wedding day. My bridesmaids even noted that they had had their make up done before but never as thouroughly as Ashley had done theirs. I was impressed by her professionalism and promptness. Thank you for your work Ashley!

Beauty in a Box Artistry 6
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 7
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 8
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 9
    Beauty in a Box Artistry 10

Kristin · Married on 05/05/2018

I chose Ashley as my make-up artist because she did my make-up for a previous wedding I was a bridesmaid in, and did a wonderful job! She did a great job for my wedding as well! She is super responsive, super sweet, and does great make-up. Lashes are included in her price, which was perfect. She also has Venmo, which I know some of my girls appreciated! We got ready in our hotel room connected to the venue, which was super convenient that she came to our location. She creates a timeline so the day is organized. I would definitely recommend her for make-up!

Kellie · Married on 11/04/2017

I loved working with Ashley! My sister found her on Facebook and she was the friendliest make up artist we spoke to. Ashley did an in home trail which was perfect for my busy schedule. We had bad lighting, but she didn't complain once- just moved me to the front porch and I relaxed while she made me up.
    She tested airbrush on me and I was convinced that was the way I was going. I changed a few days before the wedding to standard make-up. The air-brush was beautiful, but I felt a bit more like myself in the regular foundation.
    Ashley was awesome to work with. I always worry that it will be awkward, but she made the process really fun. The day of, she was very professional, created a timeline, and make sure that all 9 of my bridesmaids stuck to it. They are a rowdy group and Ashley managed them perfectly.
    Ashley made me feel comfortable and beautiful.
    I would recommend her to anyone.

Michaela · Married on 10/14/2017

I can’t thank Ashley (owner of Beauty in Box) enough for doing my makeup for our big day! I looked gorgeous and my husband nearly dropped to his knees during our first look! Ashley was very attentive, detailed and organized during the planning process— thank you, Ashley!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

You are SOO sweet. Thank you so much!! It was great working with you and I'm glad you had a wonderful wedding day <3

Jamie · Married on 10/07/2017

Ashley did my make up for my best friends wedding a few other events and will be providing make up for my wedding next year!! She does excellent work that last all day and all night standing up against the hot summer sun and long nights of dancing!!

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Ashley was an absolute dream to work with! I used her services for my wedding this past September. The bridal party was beyond happy with their makeup, which lasted all day and night. She was attentive and listened to requests and was always willing to make adjustments if needed ... and last minute touchups! She was 110% prepared for my big day and large bridal party. Ashley also traveled to my home for the trial and made the process exciting and fun for someone who knows very little about cosmetics. She was also in touch with me throughout the month leading up to the big day to answer any questions/concerns and finalize the timeline. She is sweet, easy to talk to, and awesome. Ashley is a true artist and someone I will come to again in the future for professional makeup.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thank you SO much Sarah! I had such a great day with you and your gals :)

Janet · Married on 08/26/2017

Can't share enough positive feedback regarding Ashley!!! We used her services last weekend for my daughter's wedding. Everyone in our wedding party was VERY happy with their make-up. She arrived early, and was also able to add some additional family members last minute. Would highly recommend to all bridal parties!!! Excellent work! Signed, very very satisfied MOB!!

Lindsey · Married on 06/18/2017

Ashley was great to work with! I appreciated the convenience of her coming to my apartment for the bridal trial and she was so great about making me feel comfortable and look my best since I am someone who does not wear makeup on a daily basis. On the day of the wedding, she arrived on time and finished ahead of schedule. A lot of my bridesmaids noted how friendly Ashley was and she was easy to hold a conversation with while she did their makeup. I am so glad I selected Beauty in a Box for my wedding makeup!

Lynsie · Married on 05/27/2017

Ashley did an amazing job with the make up for myself, bridal party, and mother of the bride for my wedding this past spring. She listened to what everyone wanted and was always willing to make any adjustments as needed. She was extremely prepared for my big day. Ashley travelled to my house for the make up trial, which was extremely helpful with my busy schedule. She was also in contact with me throughout the month before my wedding seeing if had I any questions and finalizing timelines with me. She brought everything she needed on my wedding day so I didn't have to worry about a thing when it came to my make up. I would definitely recommend Ashley!

DANIELLE · Married on 05/20/2017

If your looking for a make-up artist, Beauty in a Box should be your first call! I am not one to wear make up at all, so when it came down to getting beautiful for my wedding I was a bit nervous that I would come out looking like a completely different person with tons of make up. After sitting down with Ashley, that was not at all what I expected! I told her exactly what I was looking for and she ran with it, Not only did i look beautiful, I felt beautiful & it lasted all day long! She was sweet, down to earth and over all awesome! After a few mishaps on the morning of my wedding, She was there with excellent patience with not only myself but my bridesmaids. I will definitely be using her again in the future and you should too! Thanks so much Beauty in a Box for making me a beautiful princess on my perfect day!

Hilary · Married on 05/05/2017

Ashley was great to work with and she made everyone look beautiful!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Hil! :) It's always a pleasure to work with a longtime friend. I hope your day was amazing!

Anna · Married on 04/22/2017

Ashley has a lot of experience with her makeup skills, she definitely knows what she's doing! She can accommodate whatever style of makeup you're looking for your event.

Thanks Ashley!

Amanda · Married on 04/01/2017

Ashley is great! She responded back to my email immediately and was so easy to schedule with. She does amazing work and I absolutely loved my makeup!

• Mary

Mary · Married on 03/31/2017

Ashley did an amazing job on everyone's makeup! I loved the work she did when she did my makeup for a budoir photoshoot a few months back and knew I wanted her to do my wedding makeup as well. She was very easy to work with and was very flexible. There was so much stress the day of and many problems, but she helped keep me at ease and made working with her very easy!! I got so many compliments on my makeup both times she completed it. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Mary! Was such a pleasure working with you and your crew! Your Honeymoon like amazing!!! Enjoy the married life <3 xoxo, Ashley

Catherine · Married on 03/17/2017

I don't know where to start! Ashley with Beauty in a Box is a master! I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day because of her! Ashley was quick to respond to any questions/concerns, was super flexible in scheduling my trial, and made getting ready for the wedding a blast!! She was a one woman show, doing makeup for not only myself, but for my bridal party and mother-in-law. She listened to exactly what everyone wanted, and was able to make all of us feel beautiful and special. My MOH doesn't wear a lot of makeup regularly, and Ashley was able to make her feel comfortable and gorgeous without being overly "done up." I only wish Ashley could be around every day to make me look so pretty. I wish I could rate her with more than 5 stars, because she is THAT good. She is a true professional while being affordable and approachable. Do yourself a favor and contact Ashley, she is wonderful. Thank you, Ashley and Beauty in a Box...you are a true artist!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Wow! What kind words, Cat! Thank you so much and I'm flattered that I had such an awesome impact on your special day. Xoxo, Ashley

Kristi · Married on 01/29/2017

Ashley is extremely easy to work with and made me feel at ease right away. She's polite, professional and works well with personal preferences. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thank you Kristi! One of my favorite parts of working with you is how funny you are!! Always keep me laughing :)
  • User7783642 · 1+ year ago

On a regular basis, I never wear make-up, but I knew I wanted to wear make-up for my wedding. I also knew that I could not, and would not, do my own make-up. At first, I tried to find someone that could do both hair and make-up. After that proved to be a fail, I posted on the Maryland Wedding Consignment FB page, looking for a makeup artist for less than $150 and would travel to my venue.

I received many responses, and I contacted a lot of those as well. Luckily, Ashley was available on my wedding day (a Sunday in January).

She came to my house to do the trial, which was included in the quote she sent me via e-mail. The trial went amazingly well. She was super friendly and knowledgeable, and even convinced me to try false lashes (which I'm so glad I did.)

On wedding day, she arrived on time with all necessary supplies. We started at 7am, and she completed me (the bride) and 5 additional family members prior to our agreed "be ready" time of 11am (I know she finished no later than 10:30am).

I really liked how she had a contract; even though her make-up services are part-time, it felt like a real business, with a real contract. I appreciated that and it put my mind at ease that she would deliver.

I felt as though her prices were very fair and reasonable. She worked well with my family members who were also very make-up hesitant and made us look absolutely amazing.

I would highly recommend Beauty in a Box for any make-up needs, whether it be a wedding or just a night out on the town.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome AND thorough response :) Glad you had a great experience, it's what I strive for! <3

Erin · Married on 01/01/2017

Ashley is so much more than just a talented artist she is kind and a great and friendly person to be around. She is my go to make up artist not just personally but professionally. I use her for all my clients who are in need of make up! You will not be disappointed in your choice if you choose Ashley and will be singing her praises constantly.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

You're the best Erin! Thank you so much.

Brittany · Married on 12/10/2016

Ashley was amazing! She did my makeup the morning of my wedding. She was very accommodating and had no problem travelling early in the morning since I had a morning ceremony. She made great suggestions and explained what she was doing since I don't normally wear a lot of makeup. I definitely recommend her!

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

Simply AMAZING is the only way to describe my experience with Ashley and Beauty in a Box! She made everything stress free! Everyones makeup turned out flawless and lasted all day and all night. Definitely worth every penny!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Thank you Laura!!!! I'm delighted you had such a great experience <3

Valerie · Married on 10/08/2016

My makeup was so gorgeous I did not want to take it off!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Beauty in a Box Artistry's reply:

Best compliment! Thank you :)