Beauty by May Reviews

Beauty by May 3
Beauty by May 4
Beauty by May 5

Vivien Juhasz · Married on 10/31/2019

Perfect I am very happy with her job.

May is a very lovely professional and friendly person. I was very pleased with my wedding hair. Thank you so much for it.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Pauline · Married on 10/10/2019

Loved Being Dolled Up By May

May was very sweet! She made me feel like an island queen. She does awesome work & you feel like she’s a long time friend by the way she cares for you as she’s dolling you up. Thanks May!

Beauty by May 6
    Beauty by May 7
    Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Johanna

Johanna · Married on 08/04/2019

A Lifesaver!

At my makeup trial with May, she really listened to what I wanted. I don't really style my hair or do my makeup too often, so I didn't exactly know what to tell her, but somehow she was able to understand me perfectly; I LOVED my hair and makeup.
    I literally booked May 3 weeks before my wedding (I had some last minute issues with my former makeup artist), but it turned out that she already had another client scheduled around the same time that day on the other side of the island!!!
    Amazingly, she somehow she made it work! I don't know what she did, but she was able to be there for me AND her other client that day. (I think she had worked out a better schedule with her other client.)
    AND! On top of all this, she waived my deposit fee. Because I was sweet, she said... Are you kidding me? I love this woman! PLEASE give her business; you won't regret it.
    I know I'll be booking her again in the future; she's even reasonably priced!!!

Beauty by May 8
    Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Vickie

Vickie Cantrell Dauzat · Married on 08/02/2019

She was amazing 😉

May took great pride in making me and my daughter look absolutely beautiful on my special day!! She was so sweet and very pleasant. Enjoyed visiting with her.. she is very talented especially to succeed at making me look like I just stepped out of a magazine! Highly recommend this lady and her abilities!!

Beauty by May 15
    Beauty by May 16
    Beauty by May 17
    Beauty by May 18
    Beauty by May 19
    Beauty by May 20
    Sent on 08/12/2019

Tanya · Married on 07/12/2019

You will fall in LOVE with May!

Where do I even begin! May holds a very special place in my heart. She is the most gentle and kind soul. Her work is amazing, and she made me and my girls feel so beautiful and pampered. From the hair and makeup trial to the day of the wedding, she listened to exactly what I wanted, and she sure does deliver! Her presence is very calming and I have never felt more beautiful! May is very passionate about her work, and she really does care for her brides. Please don't hesitate to book May. She truly is the very best!

Beauty by May 21
    Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lei

Lei · Married on 07/12/2019

A hair and makeup genius with a heart of gold.

Because neither my partner nor I wear makeup or do our hair in our day-to-day lives, we were pretty adamant about looking as “natural” as possible for our big day, even a bit nervous about the whole thing. Enter: a beauty superhero. We didn’t have anything to worry about with May. I feel like I barely gave her any direction other than “I don’t know if I want my hair up or down” and “please go light on the makeup” and she knew exactly what to do. Once she was done, I was stunned; I looked flawless! I had so many people at my wedding commenting on how incredible I looked and I was so impressed that my hair actually stayed put for the whole night, even after a jump in the pool! May was the perfect balance of attentive, polite, sweet, kind, and caring, got right to work without any fuss and was ready to move onto the next person without the need for a long break. I can’t believe just one person was able to do two brides and four bridesmaids in two locations without any fuss or muss, while staying on schedule! She even left us a little touch-up kit with extra pins and the exact colors she had (custom!) mixed for our makeup. I’ve never enjoyed being pampered but May quickly put me at ease and had me looking perfect on our wedding day.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Carmenne

Carmenne Segal · Married on 07/01/2019

Beauty by May provided us with fantastic service at a very affordable price!!! She is amazing, sweet, conscientious, caring, - made us all movie stars

We LOVE Beauty by May!!! She is awesome! She was punctual, professional, and she did a fantastic job! We all had any compliments on our hair and makeup. We found her at the last minute and she was flexible with her schedule for us! We highly recommend her services!! Dr. C

Beauty by May 22
    Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Krys

krys Good · Married on 06/28/2019

May is a very skilled makeup artist and hair stylist

May is phenomenal. She and her associate did the makeup for all of my bridesmaids, my flower girl, Mother and myself. May is extremely talented and works hard to make sure you get the look you want. Weeks before the big day, she encouraged my bridal party and I to send pictures of what we were looking for. She was able to capture all of those looks. May is a very skilled makeup artist and hair stylist. She is professional, and to top it all off she is so kind. I feel very lucky to have worked with her and her associate on my wedding day. Thank you May!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Arlene F. · Married on 05/08/2019

Amazing Job! Very professional!

May did an amazing job on my hair and make up! She was so easy going and very professional and on time! The final work turned out how I wanted it. It was so great for my special day. I highly recommend her to any of my family and friends. I will use her again when I am in town for a big event! Thank you May for everything.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Gwen

Gwen Man · Married on 05/06/2019

May is absolutely amazing!

May did my hair and makeup on my wedding day, as well as my adventure shoot. From day one when I first contacted her, she consistently gave prompt replies and was very clear on her services and prices. May is very prepared as you can tell with her requests for inspo photos of your look. My adventure shoot was at sunrise and May had no problem arriving at my hotel room earlier (at 2am) to get prepared! Not to mention her skills are amazing, she can recreate any look and tailor it to your face structure/skin colour. It was so nice meeting her in person too- I met a new friend. I would not hesitate to recommend her to all the brides out there.

Beauty by May 23
    Beauty by May 24
    Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 05/05/2019

Amazing!!! ❤️

May did an amazing job! My hair and makeup were perfect for my wedding. Even after being in the strong wind and rain for a short while, my hair and makeup stayed intact. She is extremely professional and very sweet. She responded quickly to my emails and always worked with my requests. May and Paty, our second stylist, also did an amazing job with my maid of honor and bridesmaids. They came out early and worked quickly to make sure that we were on schedule as I had an early morning wedding ceremony. Thank you so much for making us beautiful!!!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Livia Carr · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful Make-up

May did an absolutely amazing job on our make up. My make up lasted the whole day. I would 100% recommend May for your next event.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Tsai · Married on 04/30/2019

Bridal makeup and hair

May is amazing and professional! Our hotel experienced power outage for some time when she arrived to our room, it was her professionalism had kept me calm and transformed me into a beautiful bride. On top of that May has given good tips and a small fix kit that helped me survived the day. I would definitely recommend May for any occasion.

Sent on 05/05/2019

Leila Chavira · Married on 04/27/2019

May is AMAZING!!!!!!

May was an absolute pleasure to work with!!!! She is so sweet and kind and just an absolute gem! I'm not the kind of girl who ever wears much makeup, let alone has ever had my makeup done so I was a little nervous. However, May listened to exactly what I was wanting/needing for my wedding day and she absolutely nailed the look I wanted. Most importantly I was able to feel absolutely glamorous but still felt like myself. She did our entire bridal party's (moms included) hair and makeup for the big day and everyone looked beautiful! The day of our wedding it poured but the makeup and hair held up like a champ! She is super easy to communicate with and gets back to you right away. If you have any questions or concerns she is always happy to help! I would recommend May in a heartbeat!

Beauty by May 25
    Beauty by May 26
    Beauty by May 27
    Beauty by May 28
    Sent on 07/21/2019

Lia Thao · Married on 03/26/2019

Personable and professional

This is my 2nd time getting hair and makeup done by May. Loved my first experience with her back in 2016, and had to have her again for the next trip to Hawaii. She is gentle and does makeup wonderfully settle but flawless looking.

Sent on 04/10/2019

AnaLisa · Married on 03/24/2019

May was absolutely amazing and extremely professional. I didn’t have a vision and yet she executed a look for me that I loved. I would highly recommend May for any special and important occasion! Thank you May for making my wedding day a special and memorable one.

Beauty by May 29
    Beauty by May 30
    Beauty by May 31
    Sent on 03/28/2018

Joan · Married on 03/20/2019

Phenomenal

I loved my hair and makeup! She was very flexible and professional. Since I had a destination wedding I didn’t get a chance to do hair and makeup trial but I sent her pictures. I loved her work.

Beauty by May 32
    Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Yazmin

Yazmin Hass · Married on 01/26/2019

Amazing hair and make up service!! 😍

I contacted May because she was recommended to me by the photographer I choose for my maternity session, she was so professional and even came to my hotel at 4am to get me ready for my “sunrise photos”, she took time to answer all my questions and even gave me ideas about my hair and make up, when you are coming to Hawaii from the East coast and have doubts about who to hire for this services I wouldn’t hesitate May is the best!!

Beauty by May 33
    Beauty by May 34
    Beauty by May 35
    Beauty by May 36
    Beauty by May 37
    Beauty by May 38
    Sent on 01/31/2019

Anna · Married on 09/19/2018

May was wonderful. She did my hair and make just like I asked her to do it for my special day. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She was booked through my wedding planner. As I was walking through motel to get in my limo waiting for me everyone at motel was stopping me because I looked so beautiful. She made me look and feel like a princess my big day. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup and did exactly like I wanted. Thank you so much.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Nina · Married on 09/15/2018

May is amazing!! She is every good at responding back to you. She is affordable yet her quality of work is perfect. She recreated my bridal party and my HMU just like in the pictures we gave her. She is also the sweetest person ever and is always smiling and cheerful.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Jeannette · Married on 09/14/2018

I highly recommend these ladies. Our wedding was booked through DreamWedding and I didn't know what to expect on the day with hair and makeup as I live in Australia.I had taken photos on my phone and just hope for the best that my bridal party and myself would look great with hair and makeup. My nerves disappeared as they turned up at the hotel on time and started to do what they do best . Very happy with the service and taken the time to give my bridal party and myself the look we wanted with a great range of beautiful colours and great quality makeup which lasted all day and night.Thankyou so much xx

Beauty by May 39
    Beauty by May 44
    Beauty by May 45
    Sent on 09/23/2018

Katie · Married on 09/07/2018

May and her team absolutely incredible!! They were so sweet and pleasant to work with, and they added a very special element to our glam session for the day of my wedding. May did my hair and make up along with my bridesmaids, my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law. Her work felt and looked effortless, and I cannot recommend her enough. She made me feel like such a princess and so beautiful, and my hair and make up lastest all day through the [happy] tears and the heat. She even gave me a touch up kit for half way through the event (even though I didn’t have to use it!) I am beyond thankful that I found May because my big day would not have been the same without her! Thanks again May! Xoxo

Beauty by May 46
    Beauty by May 47
    Beauty by May 48
    Sent on 09/25/2018
  • miss

Future · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing!!! May is so talented, my wedding hair and make up was beyond any of my expectations. She arrived early on my wedding day and came very well prepared. She is so easy to communicate with, I told her what I wanted and she easily achieved the look I was going for. I’m usually paranoid about other people doing my make up and thought about doing my own on my wedding day, but I’m SO HAPPY I chose to have May do it instead. I just had to explain what I wanted and she worked her magic! You can feel calm knowing that you can trust her to make you look and feel your best on your wedding day. Worth absolutely every penny!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Josephine · Married on 08/29/2018

May is such a wonderful person, an amazing beautician & hairstylist. Very professional! She made me looked very special, and so beautiful that I could ever imagined. Simple, but elegant. Thank you so much May! I highly recommend May for a job well done.

Beauty by May 49
    Beauty by May 50
    Beauty by May 51
    Beauty by May 52
    Beauty by May 53
    Beauty by May 54
    Sent on 09/05/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2018

5 stars is not enough for May! She truly is an amazing person and amazing hair and makeup artist. May and her assistant did hair and makeup for myself and 7 other ladies. She was by far the most responsive and sweetest of my vendors. I didn't do a hair/makeup trial with her which I was worried about, but she blew it out of the park and made me feel beautiful. I received so many compliments on both my hair and makeup. May is a must for your wedding or event!!

Sent on 09/17/2018