136 Reviews for Beauty by May

Brow/Lash Tinting (2)
Multi. Stylists (1)
Licensed (1)
136 Beauty by May Reviews

May was absolutely amazing and extremely professional. I didn’t have a vision and yet she executed a look for me that I loved. I would highly recommend May for any special and important occasion! Thank you May for making my wedding day a special and memorable one.

Profile Picture AnaLisa, 3/24/19, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, On-Site Makeup, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

May was absolutely amazing. She was great at communicating, very fast to reply to all messages, very professional and easy to work with. She worked quickly and was able to create perfect hairstyles and makeup for me and my entire bridal party. My hair and makeup lasted the entire day and looked great during the very windy ceremony and photo shoot that followed. Thank you so much, May!

Profile Picture Marta, 5/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

May is an AMAZING hairdresser and make-up artist. She made my beach wedding make up and hair look naturally beautiful and effortless. I was blessed to have such a talented artist on my team. She is extremely responsive and communicative. Would definitely recommend as my first choice!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

What can I say? May did such an amazing job, from hair to make up, everything I wanted. She is so sweet and professional. I would recommend her to any bride to be! Loved it!

Profile Picture Christy, 5/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

May was recommended to me via the photographer for my wedding. I could not fault her in any way as her service and general demeanour was nothing less than exceptional. I highly recommend May to anybody wishing to look the best they ever can as that was how May made me feel once she had completed my makeover. Please do not hesitate to use May if you are thinking about a makeover for a special occasion as I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Cheers, Debbie

Profile Picture Deborah , 4/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My sister hired Beauty by May for Myself and 2 others, she was easy to work with and listened to what we wanted.
Very happy with her services!

Photo for Beauty by May Review - Matron of Honor and
Bride
Profile Picture Cynthia, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair, Licensed, Makeup

May is beyond amazing. She was great with communicating, professional, sweet, and super easy to work with.

First, May was very accommodating with our last minute engagement photo shoot. She let me come to her place (she also offered to drive to my place) before the sun was up in order for me to make it to our photo shoot location. She was very attentive and gave suggestions to achieve the look I wanted. I loved my hair and make-up, and felt comfortable and beautiful that day. From that moment on, I knew I made the right decision to choose her for our big day.

I am also thankful that she kept in touch with me before the wedding, providing answers and recommendations to any of my questions as well as a personalized timeline of the morning.

On the day of, May arrived early, happy, and as always, very professional and sweet. May and her hairstylist, Patty, worked flawlessly together to do hair and make-up for both my moms, maid of honor, and 7 bridesmaids; May did both my hair and make-up. All of us have different skin tones, hair types/colors, and needs, but no matter which hairstyle and make-up look we wanted, they were able to accommodate. May and Patty were great at recreating looks from photos, and even making it prettier. They made me, my moms, and my ladies feel so beautiful and confident. Before leaving the hotel, May and Patty made sure that we all had our touch-ups and left me with a touch-up kit. Despite the humidity, our hair and make-up lasted all night.

May is just wonderful from start to finish. I can’t recommend her enough to all the brides to be. Thank you so much May for the amazing job and for making me and my loved ones look beautiful on my special day.

Profile Picture Kat, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

May was amazing. She only had 2 days’ notice to do hair and make up for my daughter and I. I sent a couple of photos of what we wanted and the end result was perfect. She was lovely to deal with, very professional. Nothing was a problem. Highly recommend May for hair and make up.

Profile Picture Rosanna, 3/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

May was very easy to communicate with during my wedding planning, always responding promptly to emails and very accommodating with my early wedding time. I did not get a chance to do a trial run prior to the wedding, but May was great at recreating looks from photos I had sent her. On the day of, May arrived early and was overall very professional and sweet! Myself along with three other ladies in my party all loved our hair and makeup looks, and we were complimented by many guests on our looks as well. Thank you so much, May!

Profile Picture Anita, 3/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

May was truly amazing and professional with her work. As I just came to Hawaii and was very short on time to finalise everything prior to the wedding I didn't get to do a makeup trial with May and was a little nervous at first especially with the stress I was going through, few pimples popped out on my forehead and T-zone just before my BIG day! The pimples were massive and May put me at ease as she covered them up with no problem. When May was doing my makeup and hair I could strongly feel that she puts in a lot of effort and had great attention to detail. I also wanted 2 hairstyle for the ceremony and reception and May did an amazing job that I got many compliments. I told May what I wanted and she was able to accommodate exactly what I want. I did a bun for my my veil that was later unpinned to be a half updo and it worked out wonderfully!
My 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers looked gorgeous on the day and I also felt beautiful and was taking several pictures throughout the night without even using the touch-up kit May provided.
You can definitely trust May even without any makeup trial! Thank you so much May.

Profile Picture jenny, 3/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I have May for my wedding day make-up & hair. She did really great job, my make up and hair stay so well for whole day. I feel I’m so lucky to have her be my makeup and hair stylist.

Profile Picture Rita, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

May is a JOY to work with! if you want to hire vendors that will help to create a stress free wedding, HIRE MAY. I hired her for my engagement photos. It was a super windy day but my hair and makeup held up just fine. After all the winds blew through my hair, I just ran my fingers through the curls and it bounced right back into place. I also had her do a trial where she was able to get exactly what I was looking for. Throughout the wedding process she was very quick to respond to my questions and so very sweet, including when I needed to change the timeline of the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, she came early (as she usually does, making things more stress free), and worked on my four bridesmaids. She and her assistant worked quickly, but quality was not compromised because my girls all looked flawless! When it was my turn, she was able to give me advice on where to place the flowers I'll be putting in my hair, helping to put in my veil, and even what kind of makeup would work best based on the weather that day. My hair and makeup looked exactly like how we had it in the trial, and stayed in place throughout the night of a million hugs and sweaty dancing. On top of that, her prices are beyond reasonable for the quality and service you get. I recommend anyone looking for a hair/makeup artist book May asap!!!

Profile Picture Elisha, 2/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

I had the pleasure of working with May twice now! She is so sweet, professional, attentive and talented. She’s very responsive and responds to emails quickly! She did hair and makeup for my girlfriend’s destination wedding last year and I knew I’d be calling on May for my big day! A year before my wedding I emailed May to secure my date. She made me and my girls look beautiful. We all wanted a natural look and various updos and she delivered! I can’t wait for our photos to come. I highly recommend May for weddings and any big events!

Profile Picture FELICIA, 1/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so glad to have had May my makeup artist for our wedding! I first discovered May on Wedding Wire and was amazed to see the beautiful transformations she made on her clients! I emailed her soon after and she responded right away. I ordered the make up trial session and had a wonderful time getting my trial done with her. She was so kind and made me feel very relaxed as I got my makeup done. For the wedding, I ordered makeup and hair for myself and makeup done for my bridesmaids. On the day of, she was the first to arrive and was ready to go. With a brush and a palette, she managed to create magic and make my bridesmaids and I look BEAUTIFUL on my wedding day! She even provided a touch up kit to make sure our makeup stayed flawless. I felt absolutely beautiful the whole day and the photos/video of my wedding turned out wonderful. My bridesmaids and I LOVED having her as our makeup artist and I HIGHLY recommend her to all of my family and friends!

Profile Picture Appi, 12/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Discounts, Hair, Makeup

She was amazing! All the times were changed because of TRUMP coming to Hawaii and highways were going to be closed. She was able to accommodate the time change and she was great. Made a 62 year old ( widow) look wonderful for my 2nd wedding. Nothing but compliments

Profile Picture Catherine , 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Textured Styling

May is so kind and a joy to have worked with. My hair and makeup looked absolutely fabulous. I have received so many compliments from friends and family looking at our wedding pictures how awesome it looked.

Profile Picture Charlene, 10/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

May is awesome who did my wedding in September 2017. She is very professional and being flexible to my hectic schedule. Her markup lasted for the entire day during a humid summer. The pictures came out very nice because of the makeup as camera usually picked up color stronger then human eyes. Highly recommended. Not to mention, May us very polite and a joy to work with.

Profile Picture Sze, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I highly recommend May to anyone looking to feel gorgeous on their wedding day! She was great at communicating and always got back to me right away during the planning process. On the day of my wedding I met May, she presented very professional and sweet. She was so accommodating around all the chaos that goes on the day of a wedding. I can't thank her enough for working with and around such a large group of girls. She was truly amazing at doing exactly what I wanted with my hair and make up. The best part was my makeup stayed on perfectly all night without needing one touch up, I was very impressed especially with all the Hawaiian humidity! May played a huge role in making the biggest day of my life perfect!

Profile Picture Paige, 9/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Hair, Makeup

Didn't meet May until the day of our vow renewal. She was referred through our coordinator. May called earlier in the day to confirm the time and was actually early for our appointment. May is very sweet. It was apparent that she looked at the pictures I sent to my coordinator of hairstyles and make up ideas I liked as she came with ideas to match the look I was hoping for. I was happy with both my hairstyle and my make up. She also gave me a touch up kit to use through the rest of the night. The next time I have a special event I will most definitely consider having May do my hair and make up again.

Profile Picture Michele, 8/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, Hair, Makeup

May was awesome! She was so friendly and did my makeup and hair exactly how I wanted it! I loved it!

Profile Picture Lily, 7/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I didn't speak or meet May prior to my vow renewal since she was booked through a wedding coordinator. Pictures were sent to her for makeup & hair looks & she did exactly what I wanted if not better. She's punctual & professional. I highly recommend May.

Profile Picture Ivy, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I Highly recommend May's services. She is such a lovely lady. Since the beginning when I saw her reviews through the website The Knot, photos of her clients and her Awards I felt pretty comfortable about her job. And I was right. Sent a picture as reference of I wanted for my wedding make up and hair and she surprise me because looked even better!
Two of my brides also got their make up made by May and they were satisfied about the service.
Thank you ay for making me feel gleaming and shinny on my special day :)

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Wedding Party Makeup

May is such a sweet and talented woman! She made me look my best for my day! Would definitely recommend to anyone in need!

Profile Picture Amelia, 4/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

May was fantastic. Even though we didn't have the time or money to do a practice makeup/hair session, she and her assistant did a wonderful job on myself and three other ladies from my family. She respected my request for more natural make up as I don't wear it often and didn't want to scare my husband on the day - he loved it and thought it suited me very well. May was super comfortable with getting flowers in my hair.

She was also able to do the hair and make up perfectly for my sister and sister-in-law, despite them having very different skin tones and face types (my family is Asian and my husband's is American).

My only criticism is that although May did a great job with getting my requested 'messy bun' look up at the start of the day, by the time we took a few pre-wedding photos on the beach, my hair had been whipped up a fair amount by the wind, and by the end of the wedding night including a lot of dancing, my hair was fairly frizzy and the flowers were starting to fall out. I think this is partially my fault as I didn't consider the wind when choosing my hair style, but it would have been good if May had thought of this and warned me also and/or added more support/hairspray for my updo.

Nevertheless, May is a lovely, communicative, professional and experienced make up artist to work with. Would recommend!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lily, 3/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair