Beauty by May Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Alexa F. Getting married on 09/04/2022

Outstanding

May was AMAZING! She is so beyond sweet and outstanding at what she does. I was so obsessed with both my hair and makeup. I gave her an inspiration hair pic and it literally turned out better than the model in the photo!
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 04/09/2022

Best Makeup Artist!

May is one of the sweetest person ever to work with! I found her through my wedding coordinator, and I can't thank them both enough in helping me make the wedding of my dreams come true. I gravitate more towards a natural look, but of course, wanted it a little "glam". I showed only two photos of my hair and makeup and May got the look down to a T! It was truly exceptional and GORGEOUS! The best part is the makeup doesn't feel heavy at all, and it lasted throughout the night. Her friendly and charming personality made me super comfortable during my trial run that it made it seem like I was talking to a bestie for two hours! As for the day of, she was super professional and worked really well with coordinating her time management with my bridal team. I highly recommend May for all your wedding/event makeup and hair needs!
    Linda Married on 04/06/2022

The sweetest and most professional MUA! Loved her work!

May was great in every way. She communicated with me as needed when I needed to book her for a last minute elopement. She arrived early, was very cautious with covid, keeping her mask and face shield on the entire time. Her pricing is fair. Don’t forget to tip, she deserves it! She is the sweetest person, very kind. As a makeup artist, I was so happy with her work! My hair and makeup came out exactly as I asked. And even better! I was unsure about lip color, but she mixed something that would work well for me based on my complexion and I loved it! I felt beautiful and it photographed so well. I was so impressed with how fast she worked too but not overly rushing and still taking time to do great work and take some great pics of me after. I would book her again in a heartbeat if I needed to.
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 04/04/2022

Better than I ever could have expected

May did my wedding hair and make up as well as makeup for the rest of my wedding party. My hair and makeup were FLAWLESS and beautiful. If you are looking for someone to do your wedding hair and makeup look no further!
    Jubilee F. Married on 02/26/2022

Amazing and talented artist!!

I am so glad that I chose May to be my make up artist and hairstylist for my wedding! She has been so flexible and responsive throughout the entire time. She was able to arrive as early as 5am and got mine and my 3 bridesmaids hair/make up done by 10am!
    We all looked so beautiful and everything turned out exactly how we expected it to be. May was so polite and professional as well. I highly recommend her! :)
    Satomi K. Married on 02/21/2022

Made my wedding day so special!

May was very professional artist! Also, very friendly and listen what kind of style you want to! I am so happy with her makeup and hairstyling! I recommend to do trial if you have time, so you can tell her what you did not like and make yourself even more beautiful! I wish I could do wedding ceremony with her makeup again!
  • Sonya
    Sonya P. Married on 02/12/2022

Highly Recommend! Professional, talented and great attention to detail

May did an amazing job making 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, 1 grandmother and myself all look beautiful on my wedding day! What was impressive was that she managed to get through all of us in less than 6 hours (make up and hair for 9 people). She understood everyone's skin/hair/style concerns, catered to their preferences while creating a unified look and feel for my bridal party. She helped create an understated yet elegant look for the moms & grandmother (as they had all requested "not super made up" looks). She has great attention to detail, patience and overall a great demeanor even though she had to work with a gaggle of girls all day :) The make-up stayed on the entire evening and we all look great in photos! Also, she's just the sweetest and an absolute pleasure to work with.
    Carrie Married on 02/12/2022

Absolutely pleased. May is very talented and has a wonderful personality

May is truly amazing. She is very talented and I was absolutely happy with my hair and makeup. I was so happy that I had her do it for me again and I would definitely hire her again when I have another special occasion. She is also very kind and has a wonderful personality. She makes you feel very comfortable and she’s very easy to talk to. I would honestly recommend her to anyone.
    Verona A. Married on 02/05/2022

Unbeatable experience

May was excellent to work with from being to end. She was very responsive to email and texts. She took my inspiration photos and created such a beautiful bridal look. My hair and make up lasted all day and I was impressed that no touch up was needed. The make up translated well into photos. She is a true gem. Very thoughtful and sweet. Highly recommend.
  • Piper
    Piper H. Married on 01/15/2022

Lovely to work with

May was great and very professional. She asked a lot of questions about how I wanted to look so it was easy to achieve the best bridal look. I recommend doing a hair and makeup trial before the wedding just to see what everything would look like because that helped a lot before the big day.
  • Dayna
    Dayna Married on 12/11/2021

Awesome HMU

May is awesome! She totally made me feel beautiful on my special day! I would totally recommend her to anyone that needs one!
    Anita K. Married on 12/04/2021

Absolutely amazing!

May and her partner, Patty, did make-up and hair for me, 4 bridesmaids and my mom. I called them only based on their reviews since my wedding was a destination wedding. Oh my, I picked the perfect hair/make-up artist! May an Patty was punctual, sweet and most importantly best at what they do. Her communication through emails was great! My hair and make-up stayed perfect until the late night. My bridesmaids were very happy! 100% recommend her!
  • Margie
    Margie A. Married on 09/22/2021

Very talented hair and make up artist!

May is so professional and knowledgeable on everything about hair and make up. I have no idea what to do for my big event “wedding” yet, May magically made it happened. She made me confident, happy and made me feel beautiful and special. Thanks again May, for being a part of my wonderful event. Mahalo!
    Andrea C. Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing make up and hair service!

May made me look so gorgeous on my wedding day! She recommended styling and make up that suits my skin type. She is very responsive to my inquiries and made me feel super comfortable while she was doing my hair and make up. She has a very friendly personality and unintimidating. She drove all the way to the North Shore and was so easy to work with. I highly recommend her to anyone needing hair and make up services!
    Kristen B. Married on 09/14/2021

Extremely satisfied

May was so lovely and professional. I couldn’t have been happier. My makeup and hair came out beautifully. Book her and You will not be disappointed.
  • Lacey
    Lacey D. Married on 08/24/2021

Amazing!!! Look no further!

May was amazing! Easily one of the nicest women I’ve ever met! She also accommodated us one day earlier (due to mandates being put in place on our actual wedding day) and took almost everyone even though she had another place to be! She worked so quickly and everything came out beautiful. We would all highly recommend her!
    Thank you may & team!
  • Mischa
    Mischa Married on 08/05/2021

Sweet, attentive, professional, skilled

Wow, May and her assistant went beyond our expectations and delivered day of! Once we secured her as a vendor, she was there to help make my vision of the day possible. May and her team were so sweet and relaxed day off, their energy was what we needed to make my bridesmaids and I feel beautiful!
  • Sunnie
    Sunnie S. Married on 07/31/2021

Excellent service!

May and her team were excellent to work with! They arrived on time and was able to get all my wedding party ready on time. We all loved our hair and makeup, and she made all of us feel so beautiful. I would highly recommend May and her team for hair and makeup for your wedding party!
    Slavica C. Married on 07/08/2021

Simply a magician!

May did such a wonderful job with my hair and makeup! She is amazingly talented! What I also value, aside from her fantastic skills, is her professionalism and responsiveness. She was right on time (came even a bit early), and also followed-up with me after the event to see if I was satisfied. Simply a magician when it comes to hair and makeup! Don’t think twice, just hire May!
    Jenni Married on 07/06/2021

Beauty By May is amazing!

May is absolutely the best! She did my hair and makeup for both my engagement shoot and wedding. She is very skilled and professional. Would have her do my makeup and hair everytime if I could!
    Katie D. Married on 06/23/2021

Great experience!!

May was wonderful, she did a great job on my hair and makeup and made me feel so beautiful on my special day! I showed her pictures of what I wanted and she made it look even better! I would highly recommend her to anyone that needs hair or makeup done for any occasion :)
    Janissia Married on 06/03/2021

May is AMAZING and so sweet

May was so sweet, very responsive and very professional. She did hair and makeup for myself (the bride), my mother and grandmother and everyone looked stunning all thanks to May. She takes everything into consideration while doing your hair and makeup like your examples of what you want, weather and location to make sure you are looking great throughout your entire event. I would totally recommend May in a heart beat local and non local she is your go to person.
  • MBM
    Mbm Married on 05/09/2021

Wonderful!!

May is wonderful!! I rarely dress up and never wear makeup, so the thought of finding someone for my wedding day was daunting. She put me at ease. We did a trial just to make sure I would be comfortable with everything when my wedding day came. I gave her inspiration for my hair style, but for makeup all I could tell her is “I don’t ever wear make-up so please make sure I still look like ‘me’ on my big day” Everyone was so impressed. She was able to glam me up, picture perfect, all while making me feel so comfortable. Exactly what I asked for. May always arrived on time, in fact early, and responds quickly. She was also very professional, especially during this difficult time of the pandemic. She always wore a mask, face shield, and gloves, making me feel safe. Through email, I already felt like she was the sweetest, most kind person, and couldn’t wait to meet her. I would highly recommend May!!
    Susan N. Married on 04/24/2021

Excellent and positive

I had many compliments and couldn’t be more happy with how my hair and makeup turned out. My request was for a soft glam look and her work turned out exactly like the photo I was aiming for. May is a talented artist, punctual, and very prompt with communication. The night before the wedding, I had a mild panic attack after discovering some ugly tan lines on my body that would have been very noticeable while wearing my wedding dress; however, May reassured me and put me at ease. She briefly covered me up and it was not even noticeable! Additionally, she stayed back a bit longer and offered to help put on my dress and heels since I was struggling. So sweet and attentive; overall, my experience was nothing but positive and I highly recommend her