Beauty by May Reviews

184 | Honolulu, HI

184 Reviews for Beauty by May

Loann · Married on 04/19/2021

Maid of honor makeup session

May is an amazing MUA! She is responsive and prompt on getting back to you - very professional and easy to work with. Also, she styles hair and her cute mom assist as well. I had the pleasure in working with May when my BF got married. Since then anytime I go to Hawaii and book a photographer I make sure May is available to do my makeup. Trust me she is that good - you won’t regret hiring her.

Sent on 04/19/2021
  • Amber

Amber L. · Married on 03/31/2021

Amazing work!

May is so sweet, very flexible and does amazing work! We had to switch locations and time last minute due to hotel restrictions and she was very accommodating. I highly recommend May!

Sent on 04/02/2021
  • Katherine

Katherine L. · Married on 02/22/2021

Amazing work and experience!

May did hair and makeup for both my wife and I. I was unsure prior to hiring her how my hair would come out being that it is very short but she did AN AMAZING job!! The makeup for both of us was absolutely stunning and beautiful, yet modest natural as we requested. She was wonderful and we highly recommend her services!

Sent on 02/23/2021

Cindy · Married on 12/12/2020

Amazing Artist!

May was such a joy to work with, she's the best! Not only was she on time, she was early to a 4:45AM start!! I was amazed! During these time and coming from a different state I was a little worried about what safety measures makeup artists were doing, but May was wearing gloves, face mask and a shield. I was very impressed and felt really safe. I didn't really have a style that I wanted. I sent her a picture of my dress and I asked that it matches with the dress and something natural. She did an amazing job and the pricing is very competitive. Honestly throughout the entire process, she literally will make you feel like she's a friend helping you with your makeup on your wedding day. Very friendly and kind. I actually missed her when I left Hawaii!

Sent on 12/18/2020

Tiffany H. · Married on 11/27/2020

May was so intuitive on what would look best

May was wonderful. She did makeup and hair for myself and my stepdaughter for my wedding. She was extremely responsive throughout all the planning. She provided great information, feedback and resources on my questions of flowers to use in our hair. We provided her pictures of our hair and ideas we wanted and she quickly responded with what would work and what would need to be adjusted due to hair length. As she’s the expert I let her do what she thought would be best and she really came through with a beautiful hair style. We had such a great day with her. May is such a sweet, kind hearted, talented and professional hair and makeup stylist. I’d recommend her to all.

Sent on 12/04/2020

Jahanvi N. · Married on 11/25/2020

Had the best experience ever with make up and hair!

May did an excellent job for my make up. She was there on time and was very pretty flexible to my needs. She achieved the results I wanted with my make up and hairstyling. The products that she uses are excellent quality. I’m so glad to have chosen her for my special day. She is very sweet and super responsive. Thank you May! ❤️

Sent on 12/03/2020

Leanne · Married on 11/21/2020

Awesome Hair and Make-up Experience

May was very professional and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair and make-up services! She was very prompt with her e-mail responses and accommodating to the circumstances of Covid-19. On the day of, May arrived on time and took additional safety precautions such as wearing a mask, gloves, and a face shield when working. She was easy to talk to and flexible with how I wanted my hair and make-up done as the weather conditions of that day made me make some last-minute changes. She even provides you with a cute touch up kit to keep you looking beautiful all night long! Thank you so much May for such great service and I hope to work with you again in the future!

Sent on 01/04/2021

Tanya H. · Married on 10/20/2020

May is Awesome!

May was very friendly, accommodating, on time and she did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup for my wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Nancy F. · Married on 07/03/2020

May helped make it the best day of my life

I realized after setting up my appointment with May to do my hair and make up for our trip to Honolulu next March 2021 for our 1 year Anniversary Dinner, that I hadn't done my review of May for our wedding this past March 2020. I want to be as beautiful for our Anniversary dinner as I was for our Wedding. I chose May for our wedding last March because of her reviews. And then after talking to her and having her do a trial for me - I knew she was the one to do my wedding hair and make up. I agree with other reviews that she is a sweet person. but is also a professional who knows the art of making us beautiful, & she uses great products. I originally wanted her to use my make up because my skin is very sensitive, but after she explained the quality of her make up I decided to let her use it during the trail. Fantastic. Better than mine (I still need to ask her again what she used). My Wedding day started with May being on time (no stress waiting) and starting with my Bridesmaids. What a fun time for all of us getting pretty. I was last and May made me so beautiful. The look on David's face when he first saw me that day said it all, and I will never forget that look. Thank you May. Not just for making me beautiful, but like you said - making it the best day of my life (so far). Also, thanks for the touch up on Dave, you made him even more handsome.

Sent on 08/26/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/20/2020

May is Amazing!

If looking for a hair and makeup artist, look no further! May is amazing and so sweet! We had a small intimate ceremony; and on the day of she showed up on time, and was very professionsal! She knew exactly what to do with my makeup and hair, it was just unbelievable. I couldn't be happier with how I looked and felt on our special day! Thank you so much May! I will definitely call you again for our bigger wedding. :)

Sent on 03/28/2020

Amber-Lynn P. · Married on 03/16/2020

Prom hair/makeup

May was the sweetest lady ever!! She did my hair and makeup for my prom, and I looked amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup stylist!!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Caroline · Married on 03/08/2020

Truly wonderful!

May was absolutely fantastic!! I knew she was going to be great anyway seeing as my best friend recommended her after May did hair and makeup for her wedding a few years ago. May is so sweet and accommodating. Whatever you’d like done, she’ll get it done for you. If you want recommendations, she’ll give you her thoughts too, but won’t push anything on you. May did my hair and makeup exactly like how I imagined it’d be for a laid back island wedding. She even did my mom’s makeup a little last minute and it turned out wonderful! Mahalo for everything May! Would definitely book May again in the future!

Sent on 03/14/2020

Kristina · Married on 02/28/2020

Super amazing makeup artist

May did an Amazing job.
    May did my makeup&hair.
    My hair and makeup were perfect for my wedding and lasted all day even though it was very windy.
    She is super professional and very sweet.
    Thank you very much for making me feel beautiful.

Feb 28,2020.
    Kristina

Sent on 07/29/2020

Anna G. · Married on 02/21/2020

Beautiful wedding hair and great service!

May did my sister's and my hair for my wedding, and both do's turned out great. In addition to doing beautiful work, May was a pleasure to work with. She is so sweet and super responsive. All of my emails were returned within a day, and she was flexible and accommodating. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 02/23/2020

Natthanan K. · Married on 12/26/2019

Makeup and hair styling for my wedding party

May did an amazing job! My hair and makeup were perfect for my wedding. Even after being in the strong wind and rain, my hair and makeup stayed intact. She is extremely professional and very sweet. She responded quickly to my emails worked with my requests. May and Paty came out early and worked quickly to make sure that we were on schedule as i had an early morning wedding ceremony. Thank you so much for making us beautiful!

• Lieom

Lieom L. · Married on 12/25/2019

Last minute but we’ll satisfied

Wow, beauty with May is the best. I love it how she did both my makeup and hair. She did exactly what I requested. Absolutely I recommend her, & worth all the money I spent.

Jade A. · Married on 12/21/2019

Absolutely Fabulous!

It was absolutely a fantastic experience of my life to get to know MAY.
    She was kind and thoughtful, paying special attentions to all my needs and wants.
    Her execution was fabulous.
    I appreciate her great personality and professional attitude.
    Thank you May.
    You made my day!!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Vivien J. · Married on 10/31/2019

Perfect I am very happy with her job.

May is a very lovely professional and friendly person. I was very pleased with my wedding hair. Thank you so much for it.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Pauline · Married on 10/10/2019

Loved Being Dolled Up By May

May was very sweet! She made me feel like an island queen. She does awesome work & you feel like she’s a long time friend by the way she cares for you as she’s dolling you up. Thanks May!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Cammy

Cammy S. · Married on 08/12/2019

Ballroom Competition

May did an amazing on my hairs & makeup for my ballroom competition, I felt so much confident on the dance floor & I won. Thank you so much!

• Johanna

Johanna · Married on 08/04/2019

A Lifesaver!

At my makeup trial with May, she really listened to what I wanted. I don't really style my hair or do my makeup too often, so I didn't exactly know what to tell her, but somehow she was able to understand me perfectly; I LOVED my hair and makeup.
    I literally booked May 3 weeks before my wedding (I had some last minute issues with my former makeup artist), but it turned out that she already had another client scheduled around the same time that day on the other side of the island!!!
    Amazingly, she somehow she made it work! I don't know what she did, but she was able to be there for me AND her other client that day. (I think she had worked out a better schedule with her other client.)
    AND! On top of all this, she waived my deposit fee. Because I was sweet, she said... Are you kidding me? I love this woman! PLEASE give her business; you won't regret it.
    I know I'll be booking her again in the future; she's even reasonably priced!!!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Vickie

Vickie C. · Married on 08/02/2019

She was amazing 😉

May took great pride in making me and my daughter look absolutely beautiful on my special day!! She was so sweet and very pleasant. Enjoyed visiting with her.. she is very talented especially to succeed at making me look like I just stepped out of a magazine! Highly recommend this lady and her abilities!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Tanya · Married on 07/12/2019

You will fall in LOVE with May!

Where do I even begin! May holds a very special place in my heart. She is the most gentle and kind soul. Her work is amazing, and she made me and my girls feel so beautiful and pampered. From the hair and makeup trial to the day of the wedding, she listened to exactly what I wanted, and she sure does deliver! Her presence is very calming and I have never felt more beautiful! May is very passionate about her work, and she really does care for her brides. Please don't hesitate to book May. She truly is the very best!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lei

Lei · Married on 07/12/2019

A hair and makeup genius with a heart of gold.

Because neither my partner nor I wear makeup or do our hair in our day-to-day lives, we were pretty adamant about looking as “natural” as possible for our big day, even a bit nervous about the whole thing. Enter: a beauty superhero. We didn’t have anything to worry about with May. I feel like I barely gave her any direction other than “I don’t know if I want my hair up or down” and “please go light on the makeup” and she knew exactly what to do. Once she was done, I was stunned; I looked flawless! I had so many people at my wedding commenting on how incredible I looked and I was so impressed that my hair actually stayed put for the whole night, even after a jump in the pool! May was the perfect balance of attentive, polite, sweet, kind, and caring, got right to work without any fuss and was ready to move onto the next person without the need for a long break. I can’t believe just one person was able to do two brides and four bridesmaids in two locations without any fuss or muss, while staying on schedule! She even left us a little touch-up kit with extra pins and the exact colors she had (custom!) mixed for our makeup. I’ve never enjoyed being pampered but May quickly put me at ease and had me looking perfect on our wedding day.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Carmenne

Carmenne S. · Married on 07/01/2019

Beauty by May provided us with fantastic service at a very affordable price!!! She is amazing, sweet, conscientious, caring, - made us all movie stars

We LOVE Beauty by May!!! She is awesome! She was punctual, professional, and she did a fantastic job! We all had any compliments on our hair and makeup. We found her at the last minute and she was flexible with her schedule for us! We highly recommend her services!! Dr. C

Sent on 07/10/2019