Beauty by Amanda Bluestein Reviews

Beauty by Amanda Bluestein 1
Beauty by Amanda Bluestein 2
Beauty by Amanda Bluestein 3

Lori · Married on 09/16/2017

Amanda has been my hair dresser for years and did a beautiful job on hair and makeup for my wedding party and family!!!! I have also seen other weddings she has done for other clients, and they look amazing! She does many weddings for Non-clients, too, and the pictures I have seen are great! You can also get her shop to yourself for a small fee, which is great to turn your getting ready time into a memorable event with food and drink!!!
    I highly recommend Amanda for future brides and wedding parties!!!!

Beauty by Amanda Bluestein 4
    Sent on 10/26/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2017

Amanda was a great hairstylist to work with. As someone who isn't the most beauty oriented (I can put my hair in a ponytail and that's about it), she was very helpful with coming up with a style that was definitely me. She also did my mom's hair and the hair of two bridesmaids, and everyone was happy. Lastly, she deserves a big thanks for coming downtown on a day that was very hectic for St. Louis.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

Amanda is a pleasure to work with! She was super accommodating and fit my bridal party in her schedule somewhat last minute when another stylist didn't work out. My bridal party scheduled her for spray tans, hair, and make up and we were all pleased with the results. Highly recommend Amanda if you are looking for a stylist for your wedding in the St. Louis area.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/29/2016

Amanda literally saved the day! Six days before my wedding my hair stylist had an unfortunate event occur, but left me scrambling and stressed. My sister recommended Amanda from a previous wedding she was in and said she was the best. Boy, was my sister right! Amanda was not only available for my wedding, six days later, but she was so calm and so professional! I scheduled my trial two days after I talked to her. First off, her salon is ADORABLE! Second, she did amazing, amazing, amazing work! She listened to me and didn't get upset or frustrated when I asked her to tweak this, and change that. Her end product was the picture I had envisioned in my head all along. We loved her so much that my mom suggested I have her do a make up trial while I was there (Side note: I wasn't happy with my original make up artist and was kind of relieved Amanda did make up also!) Again, Amanda didn't disappoint. My make up was elegant, simple, beautiful and flawless. I would recommend Amanda to everyone and anyone I can get to listen to me! She saved the day and made me and my girls (and my mom!) look and feel absolutely stunning! I do believe everything happens for a reason and I am so, so happy Amanda came into my life JUST in the nick of time!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/25/2016

She is very passionate about her work. I know we were a difficult group but she was really helpful with everyone's wants and needs. Somehow she even got us out of the shop earlier than expected! I'd highly recommend her for all your beauty needs.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/04/2016

Amanda was great! She was very responsive and helped me out with short notice, due to my previous stylist cancelling. Very flexible with schedule and time! Would recommend to all brides!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Natalie · Married on 09/04/2016

Amanda was great! She was very accommodating. She was quick to help me when my original stylist cancelled on me. She was very flexible with planning and times.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Meghan · Married on 08/08/2015

Amanda did my hair on my wedding day, along with the mother of the bride and most of the bridesmaids. I absolutely loved my hair!!! Amanda did any amazing job and it looked even better than I expected. She really listened to what I wanted. And my hair lasted all through a hot August wedding and late night of dancing. Amanda also did some custom spray tans for us. I had never had a custom spray tan before but I am so glad I did. It turned out to look so natural. Everything looked perfect the day of and in pictures. Amanda is professional, fast, and talented. I am so glad we worked with her!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

Amanda was so nice to work with: professional, flexible, courteous, fun, very nice, all in addition to doing a great job at a great value!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

Amanda was absolutely wonderful for my wedding. She was really flexible, nice, and professional. After my wonderful experience working with her for my wedding, I have switched stylists and see her all the time. I have never gotten so many compliments on my hair before I started seeing her!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Amanda came to us on wedding day which made the day less stressful. She was great and did a beautiful job

Sent on 10/20/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/13/2014

Amanda ties with my caterer for being my favorite person to work with for my wedding. I was able to book Amanda by luck, she had put aside the weekend for a vacation and then ended up being open that weekend. I don't live in St. Louis (location of wedding), but Amanda kindly soothed all of my pre-wedding anxieties during multiple phone calls.

Amanda is magical.

I know that might sound far-fetched for a hair stylist and make-up artist, but its not. She did my hair and makeup, 5 out of 6 of my bridesmaids hairs, and 2 bridesmaids makeup in less time quoted by all the other companies which would have brought in a fleet of people. On top of that, her pricing was very competitive.

But its not about money and time, its about having the best wedding day possible, and she did it. My hair presented quite a few challenges --- i lost a significant amount awhile back due to health issues and was definitely in a awkward hair growing back stage. She made me look AMAZING. My primary concern when booking was not having prom hair (it happens for every wedding I've been in!). Believe me, none of my bridesmaids or I had prom hair. We all looked like romantic, enchanting, sexy ladies by the end of it. I was also concerned that my makeup would be shiny. Nope, her skills are seriously top notch.

I totally was not worried day-of because of my included hair and makeup trial. I brought in a few pics, she asked me some questions, and was able to pull off my vision that I couldn't even accurately describe. But she knew.

Her personality is easy going and professional --- I believe any group of girls would easily jive with her. Which is super important because you don't want to start your wedding day with someone who rubs you the wrong way.

She books up quickly! I'd call her as soon as you know your date and location!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Mandy · Married on 08/09/2014

I absolutely loved the service Amanda provided! She was wonderful! She came came to me, and made my big day even more beautiful! She took directions and delivered exactly what I wanted! I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Julie · Married on 03/08/2014

Amanda made my wedding morning perfect. It wasn't JUST the highest quality hair and makeup that I got from Amanda (which was so amazing I can't even describe it), it was the experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. She was ready to go, ahead of time, she had the best wedding music mix on her phone to play while we got ready and she kept everyone calm. Literally, she should charge extra for the experience. She kept to the timeline (and knew better than I did how long we would need), wasn't rushed, and made us all look picture perfect. I didn't have to instruct her on what I wanted, she just knows what you like and want and does it. She is truly gifted at hair and makeup. However, her personality makes her ONE OF A KIND. We literally flew her to FLORIDA to make sure that we had Amanda there to make us look beautiful and to be by our sides. I wish every bride could have Amanda there to make them at ease and get them ready to walk down the aisle. Go in for a trial or just meet her once and you will understand. Thanks Amanda for making my wedding weekend so perfect. I could NOT have done it without you.

Colleen Conboy · Married on 11/03/2012

Amanda did an amazing job on my hair (bride) and 4 of my bridesmaids. She came to the house and worked while we all bustled around getting ready. Everyone looked fabulous and Amanda is just so personable and accommodating. Thanks, Amanda!!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Amanda is fabulous! She is professional, responsive and, most importantly, made my hair (as well as that of my bridesmaids) look wonderful for my wedding. When I came for my trial, I was unsure of what I wanted to do, and Amanda showed me several options, all of which I loved. I knew then that I had made the right choice by going with her. I also had her cut and curl my hair before my rehearsal dinner and am so glad I did; it looked perfect. Working with Amanda was a great experience. She is an amazing hairstylist and a calming presence on a hectic day.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Shay · Married on 09/28/2012

Amanda is incredibly professional and skilled at what she does. Some of my bridesmaids were so impressed they asked her to do their weddings as well. Since then, I've found myself working with other stylists in other weddings and wishing she was there instead! I couldn't recommend her more.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2012

I had a last minute, well in the final weeks, panic about needing to get my makeup done. (I had hoped to learn to do it myself) I emailed Amanda and she graciously agreed to come to the hotel to do not only my makeup but my mom's and sister's too. She airbrushed mine and did regular for the others. She was very calm and friendly. She did a great job and was quick as well. We looked fantastic and it lasted all day, even through my dance party of a reception. I really appreciate that she did not have a minimum price point for come out and help me. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Lauren · Married on 03/31/2012

Amanda was fantastic. She did my bridal hair as well as the mothers and sisters. She kept her cool when the sisters were unsure with hairstyles, and she helped bustle me when everyone else didn't know how. She is the best!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Allison · Married on 10/08/2011

Amanda did a fantastic job on my wedding hair and makeup. At my hair/makeup trial the week before the wedding, she took the time to run through various options with me. Of course we ended up with the first hairstyle she suggested -- her taste is that perfect.

Amanda traveled to my slightly remote wedding location and arrived precisely on time. Her competent, laid-back demeanor was a calming presence on the morning of the wedding. She worked her magic and I was blown away by the results. The hair was gorgeous and the makeup perfect. I still looked like myself, but my best, most beautiful self. Amanda's efforts made my wedding photos really shine.

I would heartily recommend her for any St. Louis bride looking for skill, professionalism and value.

Sent on 12/04/2011

kimberly · Married on 06/01/2011

Amanda has done my hair for many years. I trust her completely. I would not let anyone else do my updo for a special event.
    Very flexible hours if I need to just drop in and get a cut and blow dry. Extremely knowlegeable of all the newest trends and cutting edge styles. Does an excellent job with color. Highly recommend her services to anyone. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/09/2011

Megan · Married on 11/06/2010

Amanda did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! She was able to come to my hotel room and do all of my wedding party members' hair as well. Everyone looked fantastic!
    Amanda is an expert at keeping things running smoothly and keeping everyone calm on a rather stressful day.
    I would recommend Amanda to anyone...she is outstanding!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Lisa · Married on 09/10/2010

Amanda is fabulous! She did my hair for my wedding in 2010. As a hairstylist myself, I am very particular about my hair - and she did an amazing job. It was even rainy and humid on my wedding day, and my normally frizzy and curly hair held and looked great throughout the evening. I would recommend Amanda to anyone getting married!

Kristi · Married on 06/12/2010

Amanda is absolutely the best! She knows what is going to look best and is able to make your dream look come true. Very professional and hugely talented at her craft! I highly recommend her for both special occasions like weddings as well as your normal color and cut!

Sent on 09/21/2016
  • Q

Mary · Married on 08/14/2009

I loved my wedding hair! It was exactly what I wanted. We did a practice run of 3 hairstyles a week before. This was great because I knew exactly how my hair would look and it was 1 less stress on my big day. I highly recommend Amanda. She is reasonably priced and flexible with hours.

Sent on 06/02/2011