Beauty Boston Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Kelly
    Kelly Married on 12/09/2022

Beautiful work!

I absolutely loved working with this group for my hair and makeup! We had 15 services to be completed before an early church ceremony and our artists worked so carefully and efficiently. They really made the morning so effortless. All the artists were kind and friendly which made for such a great bridal suite experience. Someone wanted to add an additional makeup service last minute and they had no problem working her into the schedule. I changed my mind about what I wanted after my trial and my hair and makeup artists were so happy to accommodate this and make sure I looked exactly as I wanted. I’d absolutely recommend working with them.
  • Traci
    Traci A. Married on 11/05/2022

Amazing day

Noel and Daisy were amazing !! They were prompt and professional . They made the day special and my bridal party were more than satisfied with the service! Noel truly made my day !! Thank you so much
  • Marissa
    Marissa V. Married on 10/08/2022

Excellent Work!

Kerry and Andrea from Special Event Beauty did such a wonderful job with hair and glam for my wedding!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Annmarie Married on 09/17/2022

Great Experience

So happy with my decision to hire Boston Beauty Artistry/Special Event Beauty. Everything was meticulously coordinated through Jacqui, and they were able to work though my special requests for my bridesmaids of different ages and skintones. I appreciated how I (bride) had an exclusive hair and makeup person for myself, and my bridesmaids had two other people. It really alleviated timeline stress!
    Kaitlyn H. Married on 08/27/2022

Hair and makeup

They did a wonderful job! we had 8 people- they started on time and were cleaned up and on there way earlier than planned
    Jen T. Married on 07/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly Recommend - Amazing Team!!

I had the pleasure of working with Sammie and Lauren from Special Event Beauty for my wedding this past July. They were both so professional and fun to spend time with, I was genuinely bummed out when they were done and had to leave. They made me feel like a superstar and I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup. Our wedding was during one of the most recent heat waves and despite the elements my make up and hair stayed perfectly throughout the entire day. Not only that, but they finished almost an hour earlier than anticipated!! I highly recommend booking their services for your wedding. You and your wedding party will not be disappointed!
  • Arianne
    Arianne Married on 07/10/2022

Amazing group of woman!!

Our wedding morning was so much fun getting makeup and hair done. Everyone looked amazing! We will be booking our reception/ anniversary next year. This year we could only have the ceremony with a small group because of Covid, but it was an amazing day. Thank you ladies!!!
    Sara L. Married on 06/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Made me feel amazing on my wedding day!

Tatyana, Mary Kate, and Rene did such a great job! I had hair and makeup done for my MOH, 3 bridesmaids, my mom and the husband’s mom. The team was so nice, so flexible and we got our hair and makeup done so quickly! Tatyana did my hair and makeup and it was just what I wanted. As a person who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup, I still felt like myself and the look lasted all day!
  • Alexis
    Alexis K. Married on 05/19/2022

Awesome makeup artist!

MaryKate was absolutely fantastic for our wedding on 5/19! Everyone looked absolutely stunning! I’ve been in weddings where we were unhappy with our makeup, but all of my girls loved their looks!! She was perfect on timing, and made sure everyone had exactly what they wanted. Book with them!
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 02/18/2022

Amazing! Highly Recommend!

Mary Kate and her team were incredible! They were on time, efficient and were ahead of schedule when completing hair and makeup for my entire bridal party. I was so impressed by their professionalism and quality of work. My hair and makeup didn’t move at all! Throughout the day (crying during first looks and ceremony) and night ( jumping up and down dancing!). I have heavy hair and that I must say is a challenge for most artists. Highly recommend Boston Beauty and certainly recommend Mary Kate for a hair/makeup stylist. She is fun, creative and is able to take feedback in real time. Thank you MK for making me a beautiful bride!

They were a little more expensive based on my research but WELL worth it. They travelled to my hotel, brought lights and the set up necessary for a successful hair and make up session.
  • SK Missert
    Sk Missert Married on 12/04/2021

Highly recommend

We had the best experience with Andi and Tiffany for make-up and hair for my wedding. Jacki was super responsive for everything - trial for engagement shoot, second trial for bridal hair, and getting the schedule for the wedding day. Andi and Tiffany were both so nice and SO accommodating of our group. Everyone got slightly different hair and make-up that was tailored exactly to their needs and preferences. Andi and Tiffany also had extensive notes and pictures on my preferences from my trials, so I knew everything would come out out flawlessly on the big day. And to top it all off - the price point couldn't be beat. I am thrilled we hired Beauty Boston and I'd recommend them again.
  • Maggie
    Maggie Married on 12/04/2021

Amazing and unparalleled

I loved working Special Event Beauty from start to finish for my wedding. Working with Jacki on the backend, she was super responsive, very organized, and had an upbeat attitude. I actually had a trial with a different salon first and was very unhappy and had the complete opposite experience with Special Event Beauty. The team we had of makeup artists and hair stylists was top notch. Rene did both my bridal hair and makeup and I've never felt more beautiful. Even better, with wind and happy tears throughout the course of the day, even by the end, both still looked flawless. Noel, Jessica, and Maryanne rounded out the team and they somehow made my gorgeous bridesmaids more gorgeous. My mom and mother-in-law also had their makeup done (their first time ever) and they looked and felt so beautiful. The team was timely, pleasant, and stayed on schedule. Getting ready with Rene, Noel, Jessica, and Maryanne was one of the best parts of the day. I HIGHLY recommend you hire them for your wedding. I am so happy I did!
  • Melissa
    Melissa R. Married on 11/13/2021

Exceptional service

Noel was so incredible and was super collaborative with by myself and my wedding party to give everyone a tailored look that made them feel their best. As someone with naturally curly hair, it can be difficult to find someone who can work with that type of texture but she took all the care and attention to make me feel stunning. Cannot recommend enough!
  • Brittany
    Brittany B. Married on 11/09/2021

Vintage Beauty

I worked with Lisa and had so much fun recreating the perfect Mad Men look that would make Jackie O proud.
  • Jenna
    Jenna W. Married on 11/08/2021

Loved my hair!

Lisa was a pleasure to work with. She only did my hair as I had booked another makeup artist before I came across Special Event/Beauty Boston and only needed my hair done. She made my hair look exactly how I wanted!
    Carlyn R. Married on 10/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Loved working with Beauty Boston!!

Everyone I worked with at Beauty Boston was SO kind!! They were incredibly responsive via email, flexible when I had to postpone my wedding date, and receptive to feedback during my hair & makeup trials. We had Andrea for makeup and Tiffany for hair, and my bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law, and I all looked BEAUTIFUL. None of us wears very much makeup on an everyday basis, but everyone was thrilled with their wedding-day look! Andrea also went above and beyond finding just the right lip color for me — we probably tried 5 different colors over my two trials (I kept changing my mind!), but she totally nailed it on the wedding day!! I felt gorgeous, but I also felt like myself, which was exactly what I wanted.
    Lauren Married on 10/17/2021

Highly Recommend!

Beauty Boston was great!! They were super responsive when I reached out asking if they were available only a month or two before my wedding. The team was very friendly and easy to work with on the day of our reception. I liked how they still made me feel like myself - other times I've gotten my makeup professionally done and it is too much. They had a natural approach to makeup, but still made me look my best! I would definitely recommend them to others.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 10/09/2021

Amazing experience!

Jackie was so helpful in getting everything scheduled and makeup artist Marissa really listened to me and gave me a look that was exactly what I wanted! I was also thrilled that the hair and makeup still looked amazing hours into my wedding.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Love Special Event Beauty!

We were one of the many couples who had to postpone their wedding due to COVID, and Special Event Beauty made the process so easy. I had my 2nd hair/make-up trial with Lisa a few months before the wedding and was so happy she was able to do my hair/make-up for the actual wedding day as well, she was so amazing and fun to work with! All the ladies who helped out that day were fantastic and so efficient. Getting a total of 9 ladies' hair/make-up done, including the bride, is quite the feat but they made it look like a breeze! Highly recommend them for any hair and make-up needs - one of my bridesmaids already booked them for her wedding day next year!
  • Caroline
    Caroline T. Married on 09/12/2021

Amazing experience!

My bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom, and Nana had an amazing experience working with Beauty Boston for hair and make up for my 9/12/21 wedding! We worked with Jacki to coordinate our artists and scheduling for the day, and had Maryanne for make up and Tiffany for hair. They both did an amazing job, spent time and effort on each person, and took into account what each person wanted as well as my overall vision for everyone's look as the bride.

The artists were professional, on time, and stayed on schedule. They made getting ready a truly fun and memorable experience. Maryanne and Tiffany did touch ups before we left for photos and gave us a lip color to hold onto. The artists also offer trials a few months ahead of the wedding day, which myself and my mom took advantage of - it gave us a great idea of what to expect on the day of the wedding.

I can't recommend Beauty Boston enough!
    Jacquelyn C. Married on 09/11/2021

Professional, calming, easy

Marissa, Cara, and Vanessa were absolutely wonderful on the day of! Marissa did my hair and makeup (the bride) and she delivered EVERYTHING I asked for! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Many friends asked who I used because they thought all the girls looked beautiful and natural! Marissa now will be doing my sisters’s makeup for her wedding in June!
  • Lin
    Lin G. Married on 09/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding hair/makeup experience!

So responsive to every email and answering any pre-wedding questions. I had Rachel for hair and Lisa for makeup and they were both amazing!! Able to work with all different kinds of requests and their presence/personalities really just added to the joy of the getting ready experience. One of our friends who is in the process of planning her wedding liked what she saw so much she reached out to them the very next day! Thank you!!!
  • Jacquelyn
    Jacquelyn M. Married on 09/04/2021

Lisa was amazinggg!

Special event beauty was great! They came right to the venue and did my sister and I’s hair and makeup. She made sure everything was absolutely perfect in every way. She was on time, professional and did amazing work!
  • Mollie
    Mollie S. Married on 08/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beauty Boston is the best!

Beauty Boston did an absolutely amazing job for our wedding. Jacki was so helpful and responsive both in booking a trial for my mom and me and in working out the perfect schedule for our wedding day. Tiffany and Andi and their assistants did an incredible job with hair and makeup - everyone looked and felt beautiful. The girls were all so fun to be around and kept us all on schedule without feeling rushed. Truly the dream team!
    Adriana B. Married on 08/20/2021

Excellent service

Incredible team to work with! Jacki was our coordinator and she was so professional and responsive. Hair and make up for my wedding was done by Kim and Kerry. Could not have been more happier with the results! They did hair and make up for me, bridesmaids, MOB and MOG. Everyone looked so beautiful and we were done with plenty of time to spare!
illustration stars