Beautiful Faces by Janis Reviews

Beautiful Faces by Janis 7
  • Jenna

Jenna Greer (Tinsley) · Married on 11/09/2018

Felt Beautiful!

My maid of honor had also used Beautiful Faces by Janis last year and she was recommended by our hairdresser and I am SO happy I took their advice. It started with my trial where Janis truly took into consideration what I wanted to look and feel like on our wedding day. She is so friendly and made everyone feel instantly comfortable. Her and her assistant were so organized the day of, it was easy to be a relaxed bride. I can't recommend Janis enough and with the help of her and my hairdresser I have never felt more beautiful!

Sara Skibba · Married on 10/21/2018

The best of the best!

Janis is an absolute dream make up artist. I have used Janis twice now for my own weddings as well as for my sisters wedding! Janis remembers me every time and is so personable. She is prompt to reply to e-mails and makes you feel at ease. I prefer a very natural look to my make up and Janis respects that and sees my vision completely. This time, Janis brought little light up pens and a lipsmacker lipgloss for my daughters for the wedding day. Janis was also super friendly to all our friends who were in our hotel for our wedding day prep. Highly recommend! Love Janis!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 8
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 9
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

A Perfect Team!

Janis could not have done a more perfect job on my makeup! I am not one to wear a lot of makeup, but Janis helped me look naturally beautiful for my special day! She and her partner Amanda (hairdresser) were a dream team. We started early and they were able to get all 8 of my bridesmaids, myself, and my mom dolled up for the big day! I would highly recommend Janis and Amanda to any bride! Janis has many make up options and was able to accommodate even the most sensitive skin on a few of my bridesmaids. She even gave little lip glosses to my flower girls, which made their day. Amanda was great at recreating photos of hair and everyone looked amazing! Thank you both so much for being a part of my wedding day!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 10

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing service

Janis and Amanda did the Hair and makeup for my Wedding in September and they do an AMAZING JOB! I had a large bridal party of 10 girls and they had it down to a science. They were great from the moment I emailed, to the trial to the day of the wedding! Thank you so very much.

• Debra

Debra · Married on 08/10/2018

From the first call Janis was responsive and knowledgeable and very professional! She was very accommodating when it came to scheduling a trial with the busy bride and on the day of the wedding she arrived with a helper and everything you could need to create the looks we all loved! During the day Janis was funny and added a nice relaxing touch to the bridal suite. Loved her and her work!

Kristin · Married on 08/04/2018

Easy and Beautiful

Janis and Amanda were so easy to work with! They arrived to the hotel on time and created the look each girl wanted! I had two trials with Amanda because I could not decide how I wanted my hair. She was so helpful in guiding me into the look I wanted. Then I changed my mind the day of the wedding and Amanda created my dream look! I would highly recommend Janis and Amanda.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Beautiful Faces by Janis's reply:

Hi Kristin,

THANK YOU !!! so very much for review #193 !! We were so happy to be with you on your special day and I will post and photos that you especially like on my web site, just send them along.

Happy and Healthy Life together

Best

Janis

Beth · Married on 07/15/2018

My husband and I recently celebrated the renewal of our vows and 50th anniversary. Based on a recommendation from a co-worker whose daughter recently got married, I contacted Janis. I also received a recommendation from one of my daughter's friends, who got married last year. I had trail makeup sessions with both professionals, and Janis was the hands down winner. She knows exactly how to make a woman "of a certain age" look wonderful. She is a consummate professional - arrives on time, uses only high quality products and has great expertise. She did my makeup as well as that of my 40 year old twin daughters, and we all felt attractive and confident on the day of our anniversary party. Last but definitely not least, her prices are very reasonable.

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

Who's the pickiest of them all? ME. Janis, Amanda and her assistant were absolutely outstanding! We had five bridesmaids, three flowergirls, two mothers of the bride and of course me (the bride!) and they all were professional, did excellent work and brought an amazing energy to our morning!
    All three showed up very promptly, set up exactly how they needed to and were ready before our pre-determined start time. Every single one of the girls were beyond happy with their hair and makeup looks. Each one of us had a different style and they nailed each one! We had some people in our party who had never worn makeup or had never had their hair done and Janis and Amanda were very gentle, reassuring and helpful.
    Five stars was no question to me. Janis and Amanda are incredible and any bride would be lucky to have them as apart of their day! Thank you ladies!!

Kristina · Married on 06/29/2018

Janis and Amanda are the BEST! I could not have picked a better team to get me and my girls ready for the big day! Throughout the entire process, Janis was extremely responsive and reassuring which is so comforting for a bride. When I met Janis for my trial, she greeted me with a hug and I felt like I was right at home. Janis was very open to all of my ideas and but also gave her input when appropriate and together we ended up with the perfect look! Amanda is equally as great! I seriously was obsessed with my wedding day hair, as were all my girls! If you are looking for a team that will make you feel comfortable and relaxed on your big day all while making you look like a star then Beautiful Faces is the choice for you!

Robyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Janis was nothing short of amazing! From her punctuality and professionalism to her skill and talent as an artist, I can't speak highly enough of her! She truly helped make my wedding day extra special!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 11
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 12
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 13
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 14
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so so happy I found Janis! Janis is a true professional who knows a lot about makeup. She is up to date on the latest makeup techniques and will only use the best quality makeup for your face. What I loved most about Janis is that she will actually listen to you and follow your vision for your special day. I was initially very nervous about getting my makeup done, as I am very particular about my look, but with Janis, I felt immediately comfortable! She was achieved the look I wanted: natural but fancy. I also had a big wedding party (11 bridesmaids) and many of my bridesmaids and family members wanted to get their make up done and she worked tirelessly to achieve the look that every person wanted. I received so many compliments for my makeup and I just cannot believe how seamless that day was thanks to her. And not to mention, Janis is so reliable and came much earlier to the location where we were getting ready so that she could set up her supplies. Her colleague Amanda is also absolutely wonderful with hair and they make an excellent team. At the end, before heading to the ceremony, they did touch ups to all the girls to make sure we looked flawless. Go with Janis!!! She made the day perfect.

Beautiful Faces by Janis 15
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 16
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 17
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 18

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

Janis and Amanda were the perfect fit for my bridal party from start to finish. From the trial alone, I knew they would be great to work to with. Janis is like a mind reader – she knows exactly what you want sometimes before you tell her! Amanda is also a dream, I completely changed my mind from my trial day hairstyle. Amanda made my new style even better on the day of the wedding! Highly recommend Beautiful Faces!

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2018

I am very happy I picked Beautiful Faces for my big day. Between my family and friends, it was a group of ladies who wear little to no hair/makeup on a daily basis, and Janis/Amanda made them all look like movie stars! Janis/Amanda was so flexible and accommodating to all requests from the picky ladies to those that were open to Janis/Amanda designing on the spot. With most of the group not being too accustom to the process, Janis has a technique where she explains what she is doing along the way, easing the nerves and teaching in the process. She has an extremely comprehensive makeup arsenal picking the best shades for each lady. All this while Amanda was connecting with all the bridal party on a personal level, creating a casual slumber-party like atmosphere perfect for getting ready on your wedding day! Overall these talented ladies took my goal of natural and polished and blew it out of the water with a professional demeanor and reasonable pricing.

Beautiful Faces by Janis 19
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 20

Brandi · Married on 03/30/2018

Janis is by far the most AMAZING person all around!! Not only is she amazing at her job, she cares about her clients and their lives! She even reached out to me after the wedding to see how everything went, which is something she didn’t have to do. She did myself and my 5 bridesmaids and we all looked beyond stunning. I cannot begin to explain with words how amazingly beautiful I felt! All thanks to Janis and her amazing staff, all of our hair and makeup came out flawless! Thank you guys! I am recommending you to anyone and everyone I know!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 21

Dani · Married on 02/11/2018

I got married February 11, 2018 and I worked with Janis for makeup and Amanda for hair. It was an absolute dream. I didn't end up doing a trial for time and because I just wanted my hair down and simple and I wanted natural-looking makeup. I was really clear about what I wanted in pictures with Janis and Amanda and they were very responsive via email, confirming that everything would be great. Beautiful Faces is affordable and everyone in my bridal party felt beautiful and great. It was also a rainy, cold winter day, but our hair and makeup stayed PERFECT throughout (still don't know what Amanda put in my curly hair to make it stay so nice). But I highly recommend Beautiful Faces. You won't regret it.

Beautiful Faces by Janis 22
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 23
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 24
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 25
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 26

Allison · Married on 12/03/2017

When I met Janis, it was like walking into family. She did a PHENOMENAL job on our wedding! My bridesmaids looked so beautiful and she made my mother feel so amazing! She bent over backwards for us and when ever I had any questions or concerns, she was right there to answer them for me. She even designed a look just for me to I stood out at our wedding! She worked my stylist Matthew and he fell in love with her just as much as I did! Her makeup is top notch and she is so clean with her brushes! Her assistant Morgan was very helpful the day of the wedding and they made the day so much fun! I would hire Janis again in a heartbeat. I'm sad my wedding is over because I just want to keep seeing her!
    -Mrs. Nawotny

Victoria · Married on 11/18/2017

I run a corporate events business so I had a unique perspective on wedding planning. I cared a lot about certain things that most brides don’t care about, and not at all about others. Janis was fabulous to work with. Her team did both hair and makeup for me, my 6 bridesmaids, and another 6 family members. It was hectic getting ready and I shouldn’t have trusted her timeline that we could stick to 30 minutes per person for both hair and makeup. I assume the delay was because of my guests running a few minutes late or not knowing what they wanted because both Janis and Amanda are incredibly efficient (but do learn from my mistake and budget more time than 30 minutes each if you have a large group).

I didn’t want a ton of makeup because I wanted to look like myself, and Janis was great about checking in with me and making sure I had the look I wanted. She even special ordered a pair of ridiculously lightweight faux lashes because I didn’t want them to be too much. The wedding party all looked fantastic, but what is often overlooked is that everyone’s hair and makeup lasted all day. Janis and Amanda made sure to use enough pins and hairspray and setting powder or whatever so that everyone looked great from noon to 11pm. Janis also left each one of us a lip gloss to reapply that as needed.

I did 2 trials with Janis and one with Amanda before the big day and couldn’t have been happier with my look. They were great to be around while getting ready and were reasonably priced. Highly recommend them both!

Linda · Married on 11/13/2017

It was the most amazing experience .
    Janis told me that my look would be absolutely stunning and my husband was so pleased. She cares to do the very best for each of her clients. Thank you so very much. Linda Daughtry

Beautiful Faces by Janis 27
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 28

Anonymous · Married on 11/11/2017

Janis and Amanda were phenomenal to work with. We stayed on time, had great laughs and looked amazing all night. Thank you ladies

Sara · Married on 10/28/2017

I can not express enough how beautiful I felt on my wedding day thanks to Janis and Amanda! They gave me and all my girls the perfect look for my wedding. Janis was the most kind hearted women and she reassured me every step of the way with my wedding look. Amanda did an AMAZING job on my hair. I have had so many updo's that have not turned out great and always end up frizzy and loose. My hair and makeup lasted with dancing all night long! Their prices were great too, with having my wedding in Boston costs were high but I was so happy to find such an amazing team at a great price.

Em · Married on 10/21/2017

We were so happy working with Danielle (hair) and Deidra (makeup) for our October 2017 wedding. From the beginning, Janis, Danielle, and Deidra were very responsive, communicating regularly about different looks and plans for the wedding. They made us feel so comfortable, listening to our requests for soft makeup and simple, lightly curled hair. Danielle and Deidra were very easy going (even when they arrived at our hotel at 6am the day of the wedding!), helping all the girls relax and enjoy the morning together.

As someone who doesn't usually wear any makeup, Deidra was amazing in making me feel comfortable in my own skin. I actually did two makeup trials with Deidra (the second of which she came to my apartment!), and felt very confident with the natural look we ended up going with. Deidra did an amazing job listening to the desires of all the girls - some of which wanted false lashes, others which wanted just mascara - and made everyone feel their best.

Danielle was an all star for our wedding. She brought an assistant to help with the initial curling of the hair, but didn't charge us anything extra. Danielle was also very flexible, taking on an additional three ladies who hadn't planned on getting their hair done, and still finished before schedule.

I would highly recommend Beautiful Faces, especially Danielle and Deidra, if you are looking for professionalism and attention to detail with your wedding hair and makeup!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 29

Alison · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazing job! Prompt, easy to work with, and most importantly made us all look GREAT. Even took great care of my mom - subtle makeup and hair blowout that she felt comfortable with and looked awesome!

Natazia · Married on 09/30/2017

I am so happy that Janis was recommended to me! I can't thank her enough for helping me, my mother and my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful on such a special day. Janis is a true artist and was so helpful and flexible - even accommodating doing the make-up of a bridesmaid at the last minute!

Lisa · Married on 09/23/2017

I could not have been any happier with the outcome of my makeup done by Janis! As someone who never wears makeup , I was incredibly nervous after the makeup trial. Janis worked with me and tried several different approaches to make sure I was comfortable and totally pleased on my wedding day. She also has an amazing, warming personality and keeps you smiling and laughing through it all. After meeting Janis for 5 mins you feel like you have known her a lifetime! She is very talented and highly recommended.