Beautiful Faces by Janis Reviews

Beautiful Faces by Janis 6
Beautiful Faces by Janis 7

Anna · Married on 09/07/2019

Bridal Experience

Janis is AMAZING!!! She did my bridal makeup this past weekend. Her vast knowledge of product is so impressive and she is a true professional. She provides a warm, relaxing environment and made me feel like we've known each other forever from the moment we met. My mother and grandmother do not wear heavy makeup and Janis made them feel comfortable and listened to what they were looking for, provided suggestions, and let them decide what was best. Overall 5 star rating!! I'd recommend any of my friends book with her.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Gina Nadler · Married on 08/17/2019

Janis and Amanda were amazing!

Janis and Amanda were so amazing for my recent wedding. The communication was spot on for the trial and leading up to the wedding, and they both arrived promptly (even early!) to set up the morning of my wedding. I don't wear much makeup on a regular basis, and Janis understood that and knew exactly what style of makeup I would want. Between my trial and the day of, I asked for a few tweaks and Janis came prepared for them. Even the day of, we agreed on a few tweaks to make my look align more with my style. It ended up being the perfect look. The makeup for my mom and bridesmaids was also absolutely beautiful--Janis took the time to ask for their preferences, which they all appreciated. Amanda's work on my wedding hairstyle was also perfect! We made a few day of tweaks from my trial style, and I think it made the final hairstyle even better! Amanda was so good with suggestions for styles that were similar to mine but making sure that no one ended up with the same hairstyle as me. All of the styles stayed put through humidity and a LOT of dancing! Hiring Janis and Amanda was such a good decision for my wedding, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Kendrick Smaellie · Married on 06/28/2019

Perfect Experience!

Janis is great! She was so accommodating and was flexible with my schedule to fit in my trial and two days of wedding makeup. From our very first conversation on the phone, I knew she would give me exactly the look I was looking for. She listened to all of my thoughts and ideas about what I wanted and checked for my approval multiple times during application to make sure it was right. She brought out the most beautiful version of myself and didn't overapply or make me look different than myself. My makeup lasted all day, it looked great in all the photos and I got lots of compliments. I cannot recommend Janis enough!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 8
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 9
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 10
  • MegHitTheZachPot

Meg · Married on 06/22/2019

Bringing out your best self!

In my search for hair and make-up for the wedding, I kept seeing the reviews for Beautiful Faces by Janis. Janis was easy to work with in the initial planning process, answering my questions, helping to create the schedule, and making sure that we had the right stylist fit.
    For the trial, I had to travel to Boston to where my hair and makeup stylist lived (not a huge deal living in Portland, but just something that you might want to be aware of.) Overall, the trial went really well, with both JoJo (Hair) and Deidra (Make-Up) viewing my pictures and Pinterest board beforehand and making sure that they had a good sense of what I wanted. They were both very personable and very easy to get along with throughout the wedding planning process! There was some miscommunication on the number of stylists, but everything worked out in the end!
    On my wedding day, the hair and makeup team arrived early and they were extremely efficient. Everyone's hair and make-up looked so beautiful and stayed in place for most of the wedding. We were on schedule and even finished hair early, with time for touch-ups at the end which was wonderful. As the bride, I had some hair fall out of the style BUT I traveled on the water taxi, trolley, and on a ferry, so it definitely wasn't unexpected with all of the wind and ocean breeze. My hair and makeup were exactly what I was looking for on my big day, and I got so many compliments. I still felt like myself, but a prettier, fancier version! Throughout the day, JoJo and Diedra did such a great job keeping the mood light and fun before the wedding.
    Pricewise as well, the rates are lower to about average to what I have seen, but it is definitely worth it along with a low cost of travel and the high quality we received!
    Hiring Beautiful Faces by Janis, and JoJo and Deidra was such a good decision for my wedding, and I would recommend anyone else to do the same!

Sent on 09/09/2019
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 15
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 16

Kim · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing and stress free!

Janis and Amanda are amazing! I am SO grateful to have had them for my wedding day, everyone looked beautiful! Janis is so sweet and knowledgeable, she truly cares about her clients and it shows. From the first time I met her, it was like talking to a friend-she is so responsive and accommodating, she wants you to look and feel your best! Amanda is so talented with hair and everyone loved their look!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2019

Hair & Makeup Survived the Night

Janis and Johanna did a great job on my bridesmaids and my hair and makeup for my wedding. They were very professional and arrived nice and early the day of to make sure they had us ready in time for pre wedding photos. They were very receptive to each of my ladies’ requests and made us all feel and look gorgeous.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn’t have made a better choice for my wedding hair/makeup with Beautiful Faces!

Janis of Beautiful Faces and one of her hair stylists’ Amanda were a perfect choice for my hair and makeup needs for my wedding! From my very first email to Janis, inquiring about her services, she was extremely responsive and answered every single question I had—and continued to be so all the way through the wedding! On the day of my wedding, everything was stress-free and my bridesmaids, matron of honor, and mother also got their hair and makeup done and everyone was just beautiful and hair and makeup held up through the afternoon and evening. Janis and Amanda are both amazing at their craft, super friendly, and personable; I would give them the highest recommendation for anyone looking for hair and/or makeup services! Thank you!!

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 17
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 18
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

A Wonderful Wedding!

I looked exactly how I pictured on my wedding day thanks to the wonderful team of Janis and Amanda! All my bridesmaids looked amazing as well, all with different styles that suited each one. Both were very accommodating, and even squeezed in the groom’s mom last minute the day of (she had decided to get her hair and makeup done as well after seeing how beautiful the bridesmaids looked!). Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Greer (Tinsley) · Married on 11/09/2018

Felt Beautiful!

My maid of honor had also used Beautiful Faces by Janis last year and she was recommended by our hairdresser and I am SO happy I took their advice. It started with my trial where Janis truly took into consideration what I wanted to look and feel like on our wedding day. She is so friendly and made everyone feel instantly comfortable. Her and her assistant were so organized the day of, it was easy to be a relaxed bride. I can't recommend Janis enough and with the help of her and my hairdresser I have never felt more beautiful!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Sara Skibba · Married on 10/21/2018

The best of the best!

Janis is an absolute dream make up artist. I have used Janis twice now for my own weddings as well as for my sisters wedding! Janis remembers me every time and is so personable. She is prompt to reply to e-mails and makes you feel at ease. I prefer a very natural look to my make up and Janis respects that and sees my vision completely. This time, Janis brought little light up pens and a lipsmacker lipgloss for my daughters for the wedding day. Janis was also super friendly to all our friends who were in our hotel for our wedding day prep. Highly recommend! Love Janis!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 19
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 20
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

A Perfect Team!

Janis could not have done a more perfect job on my makeup! I am not one to wear a lot of makeup, but Janis helped me look naturally beautiful for my special day! She and her partner Amanda (hairdresser) were a dream team. We started early and they were able to get all 8 of my bridesmaids, myself, and my mom dolled up for the big day! I would highly recommend Janis and Amanda to any bride! Janis has many make up options and was able to accommodate even the most sensitive skin on a few of my bridesmaids. She even gave little lip glosses to my flower girls, which made their day. Amanda was great at recreating photos of hair and everyone looked amazing! Thank you both so much for being a part of my wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 21

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing service

Janis and Amanda did the Hair and makeup for my Wedding in September and they do an AMAZING JOB! I had a large bridal party of 10 girls and they had it down to a science. They were great from the moment I emailed, to the trial to the day of the wedding! Thank you so very much.

Sent on 02/07/2019
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 08/10/2018

From the first call Janis was responsive and knowledgeable and very professional! She was very accommodating when it came to scheduling a trial with the busy bride and on the day of the wedding she arrived with a helper and everything you could need to create the looks we all loved! During the day Janis was funny and added a nice relaxing touch to the bridal suite. Loved her and her work!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/04/2018

Easy and Beautiful

Janis and Amanda were so easy to work with! They arrived to the hotel on time and created the look each girl wanted! I had two trials with Amanda because I could not decide how I wanted my hair. She was so helpful in guiding me into the look I wanted. Then I changed my mind the day of the wedding and Amanda created my dream look! I would highly recommend Janis and Amanda.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Beautiful Faces by Janis's reply:

Hi Kristin,

THANK YOU !!! so very much for review #193 !! We were so happy to be with you on your special day and I will post and photos that you especially like on my web site, just send them along.

Happy and Healthy Life together

Best

Janis

Beth · Married on 07/15/2018

My husband and I recently celebrated the renewal of our vows and 50th anniversary. Based on a recommendation from a co-worker whose daughter recently got married, I contacted Janis. I also received a recommendation from one of my daughter's friends, who got married last year. I had trail makeup sessions with both professionals, and Janis was the hands down winner. She knows exactly how to make a woman "of a certain age" look wonderful. She is a consummate professional - arrives on time, uses only high quality products and has great expertise. She did my makeup as well as that of my 40 year old twin daughters, and we all felt attractive and confident on the day of our anniversary party. Last but definitely not least, her prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

Who's the pickiest of them all? ME. Janis, Amanda and her assistant were absolutely outstanding! We had five bridesmaids, three flowergirls, two mothers of the bride and of course me (the bride!) and they all were professional, did excellent work and brought an amazing energy to our morning!
    All three showed up very promptly, set up exactly how they needed to and were ready before our pre-determined start time. Every single one of the girls were beyond happy with their hair and makeup looks. Each one of us had a different style and they nailed each one! We had some people in our party who had never worn makeup or had never had their hair done and Janis and Amanda were very gentle, reassuring and helpful.
    Five stars was no question to me. Janis and Amanda are incredible and any bride would be lucky to have them as apart of their day! Thank you ladies!!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Kristina · Married on 06/29/2018

Janis and Amanda are the BEST! I could not have picked a better team to get me and my girls ready for the big day! Throughout the entire process, Janis was extremely responsive and reassuring which is so comforting for a bride. When I met Janis for my trial, she greeted me with a hug and I felt like I was right at home. Janis was very open to all of my ideas and but also gave her input when appropriate and together we ended up with the perfect look! Amanda is equally as great! I seriously was obsessed with my wedding day hair, as were all my girls! If you are looking for a team that will make you feel comfortable and relaxed on your big day all while making you look like a star then Beautiful Faces is the choice for you!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Robyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Janis was nothing short of amazing! From her punctuality and professionalism to her skill and talent as an artist, I can't speak highly enough of her! She truly helped make my wedding day extra special!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 22
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 23
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 24
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 25
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so so happy I found Janis! Janis is a true professional who knows a lot about makeup. She is up to date on the latest makeup techniques and will only use the best quality makeup for your face. What I loved most about Janis is that she will actually listen to you and follow your vision for your special day. I was initially very nervous about getting my makeup done, as I am very particular about my look, but with Janis, I felt immediately comfortable! She was achieved the look I wanted: natural but fancy. I also had a big wedding party (11 bridesmaids) and many of my bridesmaids and family members wanted to get their make up done and she worked tirelessly to achieve the look that every person wanted. I received so many compliments for my makeup and I just cannot believe how seamless that day was thanks to her. And not to mention, Janis is so reliable and came much earlier to the location where we were getting ready so that she could set up her supplies. Her colleague Amanda is also absolutely wonderful with hair and they make an excellent team. At the end, before heading to the ceremony, they did touch ups to all the girls to make sure we looked flawless. Go with Janis!!! She made the day perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2018
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 26
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 27
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 28
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 29

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

Janis and Amanda were the perfect fit for my bridal party from start to finish. From the trial alone, I knew they would be great to work to with. Janis is like a mind reader – she knows exactly what you want sometimes before you tell her! Amanda is also a dream, I completely changed my mind from my trial day hairstyle. Amanda made my new style even better on the day of the wedding! Highly recommend Beautiful Faces!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2018

I am very happy I picked Beautiful Faces for my big day. Between my family and friends, it was a group of ladies who wear little to no hair/makeup on a daily basis, and Janis/Amanda made them all look like movie stars! Janis/Amanda was so flexible and accommodating to all requests from the picky ladies to those that were open to Janis/Amanda designing on the spot. With most of the group not being too accustom to the process, Janis has a technique where she explains what she is doing along the way, easing the nerves and teaching in the process. She has an extremely comprehensive makeup arsenal picking the best shades for each lady. All this while Amanda was connecting with all the bridal party on a personal level, creating a casual slumber-party like atmosphere perfect for getting ready on your wedding day! Overall these talented ladies took my goal of natural and polished and blew it out of the water with a professional demeanor and reasonable pricing.

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 30
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 31

Brandi · Married on 03/30/2018

Janis is by far the most AMAZING person all around!! Not only is she amazing at her job, she cares about her clients and their lives! She even reached out to me after the wedding to see how everything went, which is something she didn’t have to do. She did myself and my 5 bridesmaids and we all looked beyond stunning. I cannot begin to explain with words how amazingly beautiful I felt! All thanks to Janis and her amazing staff, all of our hair and makeup came out flawless! Thank you guys! I am recommending you to anyone and everyone I know!

Sent on 04/13/2018
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 32

Dani · Married on 02/11/2018

I got married February 11, 2018 and I worked with Janis for makeup and Amanda for hair. It was an absolute dream. I didn't end up doing a trial for time and because I just wanted my hair down and simple and I wanted natural-looking makeup. I was really clear about what I wanted in pictures with Janis and Amanda and they were very responsive via email, confirming that everything would be great. Beautiful Faces is affordable and everyone in my bridal party felt beautiful and great. It was also a rainy, cold winter day, but our hair and makeup stayed PERFECT throughout (still don't know what Amanda put in my curly hair to make it stay so nice). But I highly recommend Beautiful Faces. You won't regret it.

Sent on 03/06/2018
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 33
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 34
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 35
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 36
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 37

Allison · Married on 12/03/2017

When I met Janis, it was like walking into family. She did a PHENOMENAL job on our wedding! My bridesmaids looked so beautiful and she made my mother feel so amazing! She bent over backwards for us and when ever I had any questions or concerns, she was right there to answer them for me. She even designed a look just for me to I stood out at our wedding! She worked my stylist Matthew and he fell in love with her just as much as I did! Her makeup is top notch and she is so clean with her brushes! Her assistant Morgan was very helpful the day of the wedding and they made the day so much fun! I would hire Janis again in a heartbeat. I'm sad my wedding is over because I just want to keep seeing her!
    -Mrs. Nawotny