Beautiful Faces by Janis Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Stephanie
    Stephanie F. Married on 09/06/2021

Amazing!!!

Oh my gosh - Janis and Johanna are incredible!! At the trial I knew I made the right choice! I never thought I could look so good, haha. Then, on the wedding day- they were just a bit early, which was perfect for my anxiety levels! They did so amazing on me and my girls!! They are so friendly, and made the morning so enjoyable and relaxing. I would recommend to anyone who needs professional makeup to hire these ladies!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer V. Married on 09/04/2021

I've never looked so good and I probably never will again!!!

Janis was amazing! I have never looked so good in my life and I probably never will again! My makeup was flawless and natural, I looked like myself but better! Jojo did an amazing job on my hair and it stayed in place (down and curly even though my hair NEVER holds curls) through dancing the whole night! I have 9 bridesmaids and a MOG getting services and Janis and her team were fast and efficient and everybody looked great! Also a great value as many other vendors I looked at were much more expensive. I am so glad I chose Janis and Jojo and I cannot recommend them enough!
  • Cara
    Cara D. Married on 08/20/2021

Janis and JoJo were AMAZING

When I was looking for hair / makeup for my August wedding I definitely wanted something more natural. I am one of the first of my friends to get married, so have not been involved in a lot of weddings (yet) & heard horror stories of people’s makeup being too excessive or just looking nothing like themselves. Janis knew exactly what I needed and listened to what I asked and I received SO many compliments with how beautiful I looked and I felt like I looked my best (while still looking like myself) - some of my bridesmaids weren’t even going to do makeup at first and decided after seeing the first two get theirs done to do it too! She was amazing.

For hair - JoJo was an absolute boss. She had torn her Achilles that week prior and legit came rolling in with her knee on a scooter still ready to roll. She did 12 of our hairs (yes, 12) all while probably struggling with foot pain. She KILLED it with the bridesmaids (even with some odd requests) and when it was my turn, she exceeded expectations with my low bun for my open back dress. Our hair stayed in all night (even through 3 hours of dancing and at 2 am it still looked perfectly in tact after more dancing in the after party bar).

I can’t recommend this team enough! They listen to what you want and will make sure you look your absolute best!!
    Anna P. Married on 08/14/2021

Thank you janis and jojo!

Having the right team on your side for you big day is key and I cannot state it enough! Thank goodness for Janis - she is truly the best in her field. She handled my bridal makeup as well as all of my 7 bridesmaids, mother and two aunts! From the moment I met her at my trial, I knew I was in good hands. She is an expert with covering any and all blemishes and is flawless with her application. I know everyone tells the bride that they are the most beautiful, but the number of compliments I got on my big day were just incredible. JoJo did all of our hair and she also did an amazing job. She took my vision of "bridal ponytail" to life and made me feel like a true princess. All of my girls loved their hairstyles as well and they all lasted the whole dance-filled night! Beyond making us look good, the two of them and the makeup assistant were fantastic to get ready with. We had such a good time with them and Janis was great about making sure I felt calm and taken care of! I cannot recommend them enough, and in fact, my MOH is rebooking them for her engagement shoot. 10/10!
  • Libby
    Libby S. Married on 05/22/2021

Great MUA!!!

Janis was extremely responsive, kind, and great at her work! She did amazing work on me, my bridesmaids, and my mom! I hired her again for our vow renewal and recommend her to everyone!
  • Emily
    Emily G. Married on 05/01/2021

Perfect Glam!

Planning my wedding during the pandemic was extra stressful, but Janis came through without a hitch. She was responsive very quickly and had Saturday availability with not a lot of notice! She always responded to my emails within a few hours which was comforting. She also connected me to my hair stylist, Johanna, who did an amazing job despite completely changing my look from the trial on my wedding day! Janis clearly knew what she was doing at the trial, and was able to translate exactly what I envisioned onto my face. On the day of my wedding she was completely timely and we had fun while getting ready. She used the newest and professional products. She even had special products for my Mom who has sensitive skin. Janis was affordable and did an amazing job, I highly recommend her!
    Julie C. Married on 10/10/2020

The most amazing beauty team!

I don't have enough space to write all the amazing things about Beautiful Faces. I felt like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day. Thank you to Janis and her team for always being there for me through communication and the craziness of a wedding day. Beautiful Faces is my
    go to make up artists! Love them!
  • Marlow
    Marlow D. Married on 10/03/2020

Janis is the real deal

I had my hair and makeup done by Janis and JoJo. My mom's hair and makeup was also done. We had so much fun at the trial- Janis is an expert- knows the products and has the experience. The day of my wedding both Janis and JoJo came to my home. They were fun, relaxed, and kept us both calm. I highly recommend her services.
  • Kristel
    Kristel F. Married on 09/19/2020

Organized and Beautiful

Janis and Amanda were awesome! Our entire bridal party felt pampered and beautiful. They were so organized and we never felt rushed at all. I’ve already sent their information to a few other brides. I highly recommend them.
  • Catherine
    Catherine L. Married on 07/03/2020

Make up lasted all night and was beautiful!

I can’t say enough good things about Janis. She is the sweetest and most helpful person that I have met during my wedding planning journey. She worked through multiple change of plans with me and was very supportive. Her make up skills are amazing and it lasted all night even though we all got rained on. She is professional, shows up early to set up and stays until everyone has been touched up. She even went above and beyond to help fix my hair after a slight hair disaster. If you are looking for a make up artist I would definitely recommend Janis and her team. You will not be disappointed!
    Megan F. Married on 11/16/2019

Janis and Amanda were wonderful

Working with Janis and Amanda on my wedding day was wonderful. Janis has an easy way about her while still able to take charge when I was indecisive about colors and styles - I trusted her expertise and she did a great job. Amanda did a beautiful job with my hair - it looked even better on my wedding day than it did for my trial.

About 6 weeks before my wedding I decided I wanted Janis and Amanda to each bring an assistant so that our hair and makeup getting-ready time would go faster and align better with my wedding day timeline. Janis made it happen no questions asked! The hair and makeup assistants were also top notch and all my girls looked beautiful.
    Thank you!
    Tiffany C. Married on 11/02/2019

Wonderful experience with Janis for makeup and Maria for hair!

Both Janis and Maria made me comfortable from start and they made sure to listen to what I wanted and felt comfortable with as someone who doesn't wear make up regularly. I was so happy with how I looked for my big day and they made the overall experience so positive! I would 100% recommend them to anyone else!
    Emily P. Married on 11/02/2019

Excellent! Definitely Recommend

We had Janis for our makeup on my wedding day and Amanda did our hair. Janis was fantastic - we had 6 ladies to prep that morning, and Janis did a great job of getting everyone ready and staying on time! Everyone loved their makeup and it lasted all day and night! Amanda did our hair and that was fantastic as well. We all had beautiful and intricate styles that held throughout the entire night! Apart from them being delightful to work with, it was also an honest value which was much appreciated by a bride who was receiving insane price quotes from other vendors. Thank you, Janis and Amanda! I highly recommend to any and all brides!
  • Lauren
    Lauren J. Married on 10/05/2019

Hair & Make-up were amazing!

Janis was so professional and helpful when I was trying to find hair and make-up for my wedding. Johanna (hair) and Taki (make-up) did an awesome job! They were on time and finished 9 girls all with amazing results. Everyone was so happy and they made for a great start to the wedding day!
  • Juliette
    Juliette L. Married on 09/28/2019

Choose Janis for your wedding day!!

Janis is so talented, knowledgeable and professional! She made prepping for my big day so fun and easy. She was so flexible scheduling the trial and scheduling the day of arrival for the wedding. Janis, her make-up assistant and her hair-stylist teammate Amanda showed up on time and were extremely organized and tidy. Janis was very accommodating with my mother and mother-in law last minute wanting to change their whole look and add lashes! Janis is so sweet and personable, she will make you feel like you are her only client and she has a gift that makes you feel like you have known her forever!
    Anna Married on 09/07/2019

Bridal Experience

Janis is AMAZING!!! She did my bridal makeup this past weekend. Her vast knowledge of product is so impressive and she is a true professional. She provides a warm, relaxing environment and made me feel like we've known each other forever from the moment we met. My mother and grandmother do not wear heavy makeup and Janis made them feel comfortable and listened to what they were looking for, provided suggestions, and let them decide what was best. Overall 5 star rating!! I'd recommend any of my friends book with her.
    Leanne Married on 09/01/2019

Janis was amazing!

We are so happy Janis was available for our wedding date. It was so nice having her come to house we were getting ready at. She does simply great work in such a professional manner. She creates a fun and relaxing environment. We were so glad to have her be a part of our wedding day!
    Gina N. Married on 08/17/2019

Janis and Amanda were amazing!

Janis and Amanda were so amazing for my recent wedding. The communication was spot on for the trial and leading up to the wedding, and they both arrived promptly (even early!) to set up the morning of my wedding. I don't wear much makeup on a regular basis, and Janis understood that and knew exactly what style of makeup I would want. Between my trial and the day of, I asked for a few tweaks and Janis came prepared for them. Even the day of, we agreed on a few tweaks to make my look align more with my style. It ended up being the perfect look. The makeup for my mom and bridesmaids was also absolutely beautiful--Janis took the time to ask for their preferences, which they all appreciated. Amanda's work on my wedding hairstyle was also perfect! We made a few day of tweaks from my trial style, and I think it made the final hairstyle even better! Amanda was so good with suggestions for styles that were similar to mine but making sure that no one ended up with the same hairstyle as me. All of the styles stayed put through humidity and a LOT of dancing! Hiring Janis and Amanda was such a good decision for my wedding, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
    Kendrick S. Married on 06/28/2019

Perfect Experience!

Janis is great! She was so accommodating and was flexible with my schedule to fit in my trial and two days of wedding makeup. From our very first conversation on the phone, I knew she would give me exactly the look I was looking for. She listened to all of my thoughts and ideas about what I wanted and checked for my approval multiple times during application to make sure it was right. She brought out the most beautiful version of myself and didn't overapply or make me look different than myself. My makeup lasted all day, it looked great in all the photos and I got lots of compliments. I cannot recommend Janis enough!
  • MegHitTheZachPot
    Meg Married on 06/22/2019

Bringing out your best self!

In my search for hair and make-up for the wedding, I kept seeing the reviews for Beautiful Faces by Janis. Janis was easy to work with in the initial planning process, answering my questions, helping to create the schedule, and making sure that we had the right stylist fit.
    For the trial, I had to travel to Boston to where my hair and makeup stylist lived (not a huge deal living in Portland, but just something that you might want to be aware of.) Overall, the trial went really well, with both JoJo (Hair) and Deidra (Make-Up) viewing my pictures and Pinterest board beforehand and making sure that they had a good sense of what I wanted. They were both very personable and very easy to get along with throughout the wedding planning process! There was some miscommunication on the number of stylists, but everything worked out in the end!
    On my wedding day, the hair and makeup team arrived early and they were extremely efficient. Everyone's hair and make-up looked so beautiful and stayed in place for most of the wedding. We were on schedule and even finished hair early, with time for touch-ups at the end which was wonderful. As the bride, I had some hair fall out of the style BUT I traveled on the water taxi, trolley, and on a ferry, so it definitely wasn't unexpected with all of the wind and ocean breeze. My hair and makeup were exactly what I was looking for on my big day, and I got so many compliments. I still felt like myself, but a prettier, fancier version! Throughout the day, JoJo and Diedra did such a great job keeping the mood light and fun before the wedding.
    Pricewise as well, the rates are lower to about average to what I have seen, but it is definitely worth it along with a low cost of travel and the high quality we received!
    Hiring Beautiful Faces by Janis, and JoJo and Deidra was such a good decision for my wedding, and I would recommend anyone else to do the same!
    Kim Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing and stress free!

Janis and Amanda are amazing! I am SO grateful to have had them for my wedding day, everyone looked beautiful! Janis is so sweet and knowledgeable, she truly cares about her clients and it shows. From the first time I met her, it was like talking to a friend-she is so responsive and accommodating, she wants you to look and feel your best! Amanda is so talented with hair and everyone loved their look!
    Heather F. Married on 06/09/2019

Best experience

Janis and Amanda were absolutely amazing. From the trial, to the day of, they were patient and kind and so knowledgable. I ended up changing my hair a little the day of, and Amanda was so accommodating. Janis went out of her way to make sure I loved my look, and that my sister and mom loved their look as well. They arrived early on my wedding day, and finished looks for 8 people with plenty of time to spare.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 06/07/2019

Hair & Makeup Survived the Night

Janis and Johanna did a great job on my bridesmaids and my hair and makeup for my wedding. They were very professional and arrived nice and early the day of to make sure they had us ready in time for pre wedding photos. They were very receptive to each of my ladies’ requests and made us all feel and look gorgeous.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn’t have made a better choice for my wedding hair/makeup with Beautiful Faces!

Janis of Beautiful Faces and one of her hair stylists’ Amanda were a perfect choice for my hair and makeup needs for my wedding! From my very first email to Janis, inquiring about her services, she was extremely responsive and answered every single question I had—and continued to be so all the way through the wedding! On the day of my wedding, everything was stress-free and my bridesmaids, matron of honor, and mother also got their hair and makeup done and everyone was just beautiful and hair and makeup held up through the afternoon and evening. Janis and Amanda are both amazing at their craft, super friendly, and personable; I would give them the highest recommendation for anyone looking for hair and/or makeup services! Thank you!!