Beautiful Faces by Janis Reviews

188 | Waltham, MA

188 Reviews for Beautiful Faces by Janis

188 Beautiful Faces by Janis Reviews

Debra · Married on 08/10/2018

From the first call Janis was responsive and knowledgeable and very professional! She was very accommodating when it came to scheduling a trial with the busy bride and on the day of the wedding she arrived with a helper and everything you could need to create the looks we all loved! During the day Janis was funny and added a nice relaxing touch to the bridal suite. Loved her and her work!

Beth · Married on 07/15/2018

My husband and I recently celebrated the renewal of our vows and 50th anniversary. Based on a recommendation from a co-worker whose daughter recently got married, I contacted Janis. I also received a recommendation from one of my daughter's friends, who got married last year. I had trail makeup sessions with both professionals, and Janis was the hands down winner. She knows exactly how to make a woman "of a certain age" look wonderful. She is a consummate professional - arrives on time, uses only high quality products and has great expertise. She did my makeup as well as that of my 40 year old twin daughters, and we all felt attractive and confident on the day of our anniversary party. Last but definitely not least, her prices are very reasonable.

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

Who's the pickiest of them all? ME. Janis, Amanda and her assistant were absolutely outstanding! We had five bridesmaids, three flowergirls, two mothers of the bride and of course me (the bride!) and they all were professional, did excellent work and brought an amazing energy to our morning!
    All three showed up very promptly, set up exactly how they needed to and were ready before our pre-determined start time. Every single one of the girls were beyond happy with their hair and makeup looks. Each one of us had a different style and they nailed each one! We had some people in our party who had never worn makeup or had never had their hair done and Janis and Amanda were very gentle, reassuring and helpful.
    Five stars was no question to me. Janis and Amanda are incredible and any bride would be lucky to have them as apart of their day! Thank you ladies!!

Kristina · Married on 06/29/2018

Janis and Amanda are the BEST! I could not have picked a better team to get me and my girls ready for the big day! Throughout the entire process, Janis was extremely responsive and reassuring which is so comforting for a bride. When I met Janis for my trial, she greeted me with a hug and I felt like I was right at home. Janis was very open to all of my ideas and but also gave her input when appropriate and together we ended up with the perfect look! Amanda is equally as great! I seriously was obsessed with my wedding day hair, as were all my girls! If you are looking for a team that will make you feel comfortable and relaxed on your big day all while making you look like a star then Beautiful Faces is the choice for you!

Robyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Janis was nothing short of amazing! From her punctuality and professionalism to her skill and talent as an artist, I can't speak highly enough of her! She truly helped make my wedding day extra special!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 5
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 6
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 7
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 8

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

Janis and Amanda were the perfect fit for my bridal party from start to finish. From the trial alone, I knew they would be great to work to with. Janis is like a mind reader – she knows exactly what you want sometimes before you tell her! Amanda is also a dream, I completely changed my mind from my trial day hairstyle. Amanda made my new style even better on the day of the wedding! Highly recommend Beautiful Faces!

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2018

I am very happy I picked Beautiful Faces for my big day. Between my family and friends, it was a group of ladies who wear little to no hair/makeup on a daily basis, and Janis/Amanda made them all look like movie stars! Janis/Amanda was so flexible and accommodating to all requests from the picky ladies to those that were open to Janis/Amanda designing on the spot. With most of the group not being too accustom to the process, Janis has a technique where she explains what she is doing along the way, easing the nerves and teaching in the process. She has an extremely comprehensive makeup arsenal picking the best shades for each lady. All this while Amanda was connecting with all the bridal party on a personal level, creating a casual slumber-party like atmosphere perfect for getting ready on your wedding day! Overall these talented ladies took my goal of natural and polished and blew it out of the water with a professional demeanor and reasonable pricing.

Beautiful Faces by Janis 9
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 10

Brandi · Married on 03/30/2018

Janis is by far the most AMAZING person all around!! Not only is she amazing at her job, she cares about her clients and their lives! She even reached out to me after the wedding to see how everything went, which is something she didn’t have to do. She did myself and my 5 bridesmaids and we all looked beyond stunning. I cannot begin to explain with words how amazingly beautiful I felt! All thanks to Janis and her amazing staff, all of our hair and makeup came out flawless! Thank you guys! I am recommending you to anyone and everyone I know!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 11

Dani · Married on 02/11/2018

I got married February 11, 2018 and I worked with Janis for makeup and Amanda for hair. It was an absolute dream. I didn't end up doing a trial for time and because I just wanted my hair down and simple and I wanted natural-looking makeup. I was really clear about what I wanted in pictures with Janis and Amanda and they were very responsive via email, confirming that everything would be great. Beautiful Faces is affordable and everyone in my bridal party felt beautiful and great. It was also a rainy, cold winter day, but our hair and makeup stayed PERFECT throughout (still don't know what Amanda put in my curly hair to make it stay so nice). But I highly recommend Beautiful Faces. You won't regret it.

Beautiful Faces by Janis 12
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 13
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 14
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 15
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 16

Allison · Married on 12/03/2017

When I met Janis, it was like walking into family. She did a PHENOMENAL job on our wedding! My bridesmaids looked so beautiful and she made my mother feel so amazing! She bent over backwards for us and when ever I had any questions or concerns, she was right there to answer them for me. She even designed a look just for me to I stood out at our wedding! She worked my stylist Matthew and he fell in love with her just as much as I did! Her makeup is top notch and she is so clean with her brushes! Her assistant Morgan was very helpful the day of the wedding and they made the day so much fun! I would hire Janis again in a heartbeat. I'm sad my wedding is over because I just want to keep seeing her!
    -Mrs. Nawotny

Victoria · Married on 11/18/2017

I run a corporate events business so I had a unique perspective on wedding planning. I cared a lot about certain things that most brides don’t care about, and not at all about others. Janis was fabulous to work with. Her team did both hair and makeup for me, my 6 bridesmaids, and another 6 family members. It was hectic getting ready and I shouldn’t have trusted her timeline that we could stick to 30 minutes per person for both hair and makeup. I assume the delay was because of my guests running a few minutes late or not knowing what they wanted because both Janis and Amanda are incredibly efficient (but do learn from my mistake and budget more time than 30 minutes each if you have a large group).

I didn’t want a ton of makeup because I wanted to look like myself, and Janis was great about checking in with me and making sure I had the look I wanted. She even special ordered a pair of ridiculously lightweight faux lashes because I didn’t want them to be too much. The wedding party all looked fantastic, but what is often overlooked is that everyone’s hair and makeup lasted all day. Janis and Amanda made sure to use enough pins and hairspray and setting powder or whatever so that everyone looked great from noon to 11pm. Janis also left each one of us a lip gloss to reapply that as needed.

I did 2 trials with Janis and one with Amanda before the big day and couldn’t have been happier with my look. They were great to be around while getting ready and were reasonably priced. Highly recommend them both!

Linda · Married on 11/13/2017

It was the most amazing experience .
    Janis told me that my look would be absolutely stunning and my husband was so pleased. She cares to do the very best for each of her clients. Thank you so very much. Linda Daughtry

Beautiful Faces by Janis 17
    Beautiful Faces by Janis 18

Anonymous · Married on 11/11/2017

Janis and Amanda were phenomenal to work with. We stayed on time, had great laughs and looked amazing all night. Thank you ladies

Sara · Married on 10/28/2017

I can not express enough how beautiful I felt on my wedding day thanks to Janis and Amanda! They gave me and all my girls the perfect look for my wedding. Janis was the most kind hearted women and she reassured me every step of the way with my wedding look. Amanda did an AMAZING job on my hair. I have had so many updo's that have not turned out great and always end up frizzy and loose. My hair and makeup lasted with dancing all night long! Their prices were great too, with having my wedding in Boston costs were high but I was so happy to find such an amazing team at a great price.

Em · Married on 10/21/2017

We were so happy working with Danielle (hair) and Deidra (makeup) for our October 2017 wedding. From the beginning, Janis, Danielle, and Deidra were very responsive, communicating regularly about different looks and plans for the wedding. They made us feel so comfortable, listening to our requests for soft makeup and simple, lightly curled hair. Danielle and Deidra were very easy going (even when they arrived at our hotel at 6am the day of the wedding!), helping all the girls relax and enjoy the morning together.

As someone who doesn't usually wear any makeup, Deidra was amazing in making me feel comfortable in my own skin. I actually did two makeup trials with Deidra (the second of which she came to my apartment!), and felt very confident with the natural look we ended up going with. Deidra did an amazing job listening to the desires of all the girls - some of which wanted false lashes, others which wanted just mascara - and made everyone feel their best.

Danielle was an all star for our wedding. She brought an assistant to help with the initial curling of the hair, but didn't charge us anything extra. Danielle was also very flexible, taking on an additional three ladies who hadn't planned on getting their hair done, and still finished before schedule.

I would highly recommend Beautiful Faces, especially Danielle and Deidra, if you are looking for professionalism and attention to detail with your wedding hair and makeup!

Beautiful Faces by Janis 19

Alison · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazing job! Prompt, easy to work with, and most importantly made us all look GREAT. Even took great care of my mom - subtle makeup and hair blowout that she felt comfortable with and looked awesome!

Natazia · Married on 09/30/2017

I am so happy that Janis was recommended to me! I can't thank her enough for helping me, my mother and my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful on such a special day. Janis is a true artist and was so helpful and flexible - even accommodating doing the make-up of a bridesmaid at the last minute!

Lisa · Married on 09/23/2017

I could not have been any happier with the outcome of my makeup done by Janis! As someone who never wears makeup , I was incredibly nervous after the makeup trial. Janis worked with me and tried several different approaches to make sure I was comfortable and totally pleased on my wedding day. She also has an amazing, warming personality and keeps you smiling and laughing through it all. After meeting Janis for 5 mins you feel like you have known her a lifetime! She is very talented and highly recommended.

Mrs. · Married on 09/09/2017

Michelle, our makeup artist, and Beautiful Faces by Janis made my wife and I look amazing on our wedding day!! We met with Michelle 4 months before our wedding for our makeup trial, we highly encourage you to have a trial. As a Bride you may think by showing up the day of the wedding the makeup artist can do their thing but in most cases not. Not only does the trial give you a sense of what your makeup will look like the 'day of' but also a sense of security and confidence in what to expect. In our case both my wife and I do not wear makeup, so it was crucial that we look like ourselves and not fake. This is where Michelle really nailed it because she made us look like ourselves and none of the makeup wore off with our happy tears = ) Not only did Michelle show up on time but she finished early, seriously! We couldn't have imagined working with anyone else. Janis, Michelle, and her team are true professionals and I promise you will not regret it!! We also recommend working with Alecia from Salon Bella Vita for hair. We hired her through Janis so be sure to request her.

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

I hired Janis for my New Years even wedding and I could not have been happier! She is extremely professional, kind and talented. The second I stepped into her studio for a trial I knew I had found someone who would do a great job and I would feel comfortable with. I felt beautiful and confident on my wedding day thanks to Janis- What more could you ask for?

She was referred to me by a coworker and after my wedding 2 of my bridesmaid hired her for their future weddings! referrals are the best compliments and speak for themselves!

Amy · Married on 09/02/2017

They girls did an amazing job. My hair was great at my trial but the day of wasn't what I was looking for. So they rid did it twice until it was perfect. My makeup was simple and perfect. What I loved most was the attention that all my bridesmaids looked their best too. From minimal make up to full make-up they did a great job. Highest praise!

Jenn · Married on 08/12/2017

I am extremely happy with my choice to use beautiful faces for my hair and make-up! I originally had booked with a different company who cancelled on me 2 months before my wedding. Janis became my fairy godmother and put all my worries at ease from my first email with her. She is so wonderful and so talented; I knew I was in great hands. I’m a nurse and my usual make up routine is very minimal. I wanted to make sure I still looked like myself when I got married. Janis was amazing and made me feel so beautiful and the best version of myself. She tailored what she did to each bridesmaid and our mothers and everyone looked and felt beautiful. Amanda was my hair stylist and she was incredible. I wanted to keep my hair simple and pulled to the side. She delivered and added touches that made me look and feel like a bride. She can honestly do any hairstyle and make them all look flawless! Janis and Amanda work great as a team. We had 8 people getting hair and make-up done and they even finished earlier than scheduled. It gave us time to relax so we never felt like we were rushing. I can’t thank them enough for starting our day out so perfectly! I would highly recommend booking Beautiful Faces (especially Janis and Amanda) for your wedding!!

Chelsea · Married on 08/05/2017

I am so happy I went with Beautiful Faces for my wedding on August 5th, 2017. I could not have asked for a better hair or makeup artist for the big day! My ladies and I felt absolutely beautiful. Not only did Deidra Lofton (makeup artist) and Jenn Brown (hair stylist) listen to exactly what each of us wanted, but they finished way ahead of schedule! They even brought along a playlist, which helped us stay relaxed and have fun while getting ready. Thank you for being such a pleasure to work with!

Kim · Married on 08/04/2017

When I inquired with Janis About doing my bridal party's makeup before my wedding she was extremely responsive and answered all of my questions quickly. At my trial she experimented with a number of different products to make sure I was 100% satisfied with my makeup. She made the trial so much fun and even served delicious homemade muffins! The day of my wedding, she and her assistant did makeup for myself, my five bridesmaids, and my mom. Everyone loved their makeup and she was able to tailor to everyone's requests and personal styles. Even my mom, who never wears makeup, loved how it turned out! Janis is so talented and it's obvious that she loves what she does. The whole experience was even better than I'd hoped!