Beautiful Faces by Janis Reviews

213 Reviews for Beautiful Faces by Janis

• Kristel

Kristel Fillmore · Married on 09/19/2020

Organized and Beautiful

Janis and Amanda were awesome! Our entire bridal party felt pampered and beautiful. They were so organized and we never felt rushed at all. I’ve already sent their information to a few other brides. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Catherine

Catherine Leslie · Married on 07/03/2020

Make up lasted all night and was beautiful!

I can’t say enough good things about Janis. She is the sweetest and most helpful person that I have met during my wedding planning journey. She worked through multiple change of plans with me and was very supportive. Her make up skills are amazing and it lasted all night even though we all got rained on. She is professional, shows up early to set up and stays until everyone has been touched up. She even went above and beyond to help fix my hair after a slight hair disaster. If you are looking for a make up artist I would definitely recommend Janis and her team. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/28/2020

Megan Faeth · Married on 11/16/2019

Janis and Amanda were wonderful

Working with Janis and Amanda on my wedding day was wonderful. Janis has an easy way about her while still able to take charge when I was indecisive about colors and styles - I trusted her expertise and she did a great job. Amanda did a beautiful job with my hair - it looked even better on my wedding day than it did for my trial.

About 6 weeks before my wedding I decided I wanted Janis and Amanda to each bring an assistant so that our hair and makeup getting-ready time would go faster and align better with my wedding day timeline. Janis made it happen no questions asked! The hair and makeup assistants were also top notch and all my girls looked beautiful.
    Thank you!

Emily Powers · Married on 11/02/2019

Excellent! Definitely Recommend

We had Janis for our makeup on my wedding day and Amanda did our hair. Janis was fantastic - we had 6 ladies to prep that morning, and Janis did a great job of getting everyone ready and staying on time! Everyone loved their makeup and it lasted all day and night! Amanda did our hair and that was fantastic as well. We all had beautiful and intricate styles that held throughout the entire night! Apart from them being delightful to work with, it was also an honest value which was much appreciated by a bride who was receiving insane price quotes from other vendors. Thank you, Janis and Amanda! I highly recommend to any and all brides!

• Lynn

Lynn Igoe · Married on 10/30/2019

Top notch and Talented

My husband and I planned our wedding very quickly for this past January.  From the second I reached out to Janis she was so amazing.  Her response time was very quick, she was extremely professional and very talented at what she does and went above and beyond for everything.  I had a couple last minute changes for the number of girls that would need service and she was very accommodating and understanding.  I would absolutely recommend Beautiful Faces by Janis for anyone looking for an extremely talented, friendly, fun makeup artist for a special occasion.  She understood exactly what I wanted and certainly delivered!! So happy I went with Beautiful faces By Janis for my special day.

• Lauren

Lauren Johnson · Married on 10/05/2019

Hair & Make-up were amazing!

Janis was so professional and helpful when I was trying to find hair and make-up for my wedding. Johanna (hair) and Taki (make-up) did an awesome job! They were on time and finished 9 girls all with amazing results. Everyone was so happy and they made for a great start to the wedding day!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Juliette

Juliette Larzelere · Married on 09/28/2019

Choose Janis for your wedding day!!

Janis is so talented, knowledgeable and professional! She made prepping for my big day so fun and easy. She was so flexible scheduling the trial and scheduling the day of arrival for the wedding. Janis, her make-up assistant and her hair-stylist teammate Amanda showed up on time and were extremely organized and tidy. Janis was very accommodating with my mother and mother-in law last minute wanting to change their whole look and add lashes! Janis is so sweet and personable, she will make you feel like you are her only client and she has a gift that makes you feel like you have known her forever!

Sent on 03/01/2020

Anna · Married on 09/07/2019

Bridal Experience

Janis is AMAZING!!! She did my bridal makeup this past weekend. Her vast knowledge of product is so impressive and she is a true professional. She provides a warm, relaxing environment and made me feel like we've known each other forever from the moment we met. My mother and grandmother do not wear heavy makeup and Janis made them feel comfortable and listened to what they were looking for, provided suggestions, and let them decide what was best. Overall 5 star rating!! I'd recommend any of my friends book with her.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Leanne · Married on 09/01/2019

Janis was amazing!

We are so happy Janis was available for our wedding date. It was so nice having her come to house we were getting ready at. She does simply great work in such a professional manner. She creates a fun and relaxing environment. We were so glad to have her be a part of our wedding day!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Gina Nadler · Married on 08/17/2019

Janis and Amanda were amazing!

Janis and Amanda were so amazing for my recent wedding. The communication was spot on for the trial and leading up to the wedding, and they both arrived promptly (even early!) to set up the morning of my wedding. I don't wear much makeup on a regular basis, and Janis understood that and knew exactly what style of makeup I would want. Between my trial and the day of, I asked for a few tweaks and Janis came prepared for them. Even the day of, we agreed on a few tweaks to make my look align more with my style. It ended up being the perfect look. The makeup for my mom and bridesmaids was also absolutely beautiful--Janis took the time to ask for their preferences, which they all appreciated. Amanda's work on my wedding hairstyle was also perfect! We made a few day of tweaks from my trial style, and I think it made the final hairstyle even better! Amanda was so good with suggestions for styles that were similar to mine but making sure that no one ended up with the same hairstyle as me. All of the styles stayed put through humidity and a LOT of dancing! Hiring Janis and Amanda was such a good decision for my wedding, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Kendrick Smaellie · Married on 06/28/2019

Perfect Experience!

Janis is great! She was so accommodating and was flexible with my schedule to fit in my trial and two days of wedding makeup. From our very first conversation on the phone, I knew she would give me exactly the look I was looking for. She listened to all of my thoughts and ideas about what I wanted and checked for my approval multiple times during application to make sure it was right. She brought out the most beautiful version of myself and didn't overapply or make me look different than myself. My makeup lasted all day, it looked great in all the photos and I got lots of compliments. I cannot recommend Janis enough!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • MegHitTheZachPot

Meg · Married on 06/22/2019

Bringing out your best self!

In my search for hair and make-up for the wedding, I kept seeing the reviews for Beautiful Faces by Janis. Janis was easy to work with in the initial planning process, answering my questions, helping to create the schedule, and making sure that we had the right stylist fit.
    For the trial, I had to travel to Boston to where my hair and makeup stylist lived (not a huge deal living in Portland, but just something that you might want to be aware of.) Overall, the trial went really well, with both JoJo (Hair) and Deidra (Make-Up) viewing my pictures and Pinterest board beforehand and making sure that they had a good sense of what I wanted. They were both very personable and very easy to get along with throughout the wedding planning process! There was some miscommunication on the number of stylists, but everything worked out in the end!
    On my wedding day, the hair and makeup team arrived early and they were extremely efficient. Everyone's hair and make-up looked so beautiful and stayed in place for most of the wedding. We were on schedule and even finished hair early, with time for touch-ups at the end which was wonderful. As the bride, I had some hair fall out of the style BUT I traveled on the water taxi, trolley, and on a ferry, so it definitely wasn't unexpected with all of the wind and ocean breeze. My hair and makeup were exactly what I was looking for on my big day, and I got so many compliments. I still felt like myself, but a prettier, fancier version! Throughout the day, JoJo and Diedra did such a great job keeping the mood light and fun before the wedding.
    Pricewise as well, the rates are lower to about average to what I have seen, but it is definitely worth it along with a low cost of travel and the high quality we received!
    Hiring Beautiful Faces by Janis, and JoJo and Deidra was such a good decision for my wedding, and I would recommend anyone else to do the same!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Kim · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing and stress free!

Janis and Amanda are amazing! I am SO grateful to have had them for my wedding day, everyone looked beautiful! Janis is so sweet and knowledgeable, she truly cares about her clients and it shows. From the first time I met her, it was like talking to a friend-she is so responsive and accommodating, she wants you to look and feel your best! Amanda is so talented with hair and everyone loved their look!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Heather Fay · Married on 06/09/2019

Best experience

Janis and Amanda were absolutely amazing. From the trial, to the day of, they were patient and kind and so knowledgable. I ended up changing my hair a little the day of, and Amanda was so accommodating. Janis went out of her way to make sure I loved my look, and that my sister and mom loved their look as well. They arrived early on my wedding day, and finished looks for 8 people with plenty of time to spare.

Sent on 02/29/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2019

Hair & Makeup Survived the Night

Janis and Johanna did a great job on my bridesmaids and my hair and makeup for my wedding. They were very professional and arrived nice and early the day of to make sure they had us ready in time for pre wedding photos. They were very receptive to each of my ladies’ requests and made us all feel and look gorgeous.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn’t have made a better choice for my wedding hair/makeup with Beautiful Faces!

Janis of Beautiful Faces and one of her hair stylists’ Amanda were a perfect choice for my hair and makeup needs for my wedding! From my very first email to Janis, inquiring about her services, she was extremely responsive and answered every single question I had—and continued to be so all the way through the wedding! On the day of my wedding, everything was stress-free and my bridesmaids, matron of honor, and mother also got their hair and makeup done and everyone was just beautiful and hair and makeup held up through the afternoon and evening. Janis and Amanda are both amazing at their craft, super friendly, and personable; I would give them the highest recommendation for anyone looking for hair and/or makeup services! Thank you!!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

A Wonderful Wedding!

I looked exactly how I pictured on my wedding day thanks to the wonderful team of Janis and Amanda! All my bridesmaids looked amazing as well, all with different styles that suited each one. Both were very accommodating, and even squeezed in the groom’s mom last minute the day of (she had decided to get her hair and makeup done as well after seeing how beautiful the bridesmaids looked!). Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Greer (Tinsley) · Married on 11/09/2018

Felt Beautiful!

My maid of honor had also used Beautiful Faces by Janis last year and she was recommended by our hairdresser and I am SO happy I took their advice. It started with my trial where Janis truly took into consideration what I wanted to look and feel like on our wedding day. She is so friendly and made everyone feel instantly comfortable. Her and her assistant were so organized the day of, it was easy to be a relaxed bride. I can't recommend Janis enough and with the help of her and my hairdresser I have never felt more beautiful!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Sara Skibba · Married on 10/21/2018

The best of the best!

Janis is an absolute dream make up artist. I have used Janis twice now for my own weddings as well as for my sisters wedding! Janis remembers me every time and is so personable. She is prompt to reply to e-mails and makes you feel at ease. I prefer a very natural look to my make up and Janis respects that and sees my vision completely. This time, Janis brought little light up pens and a lipsmacker lipgloss for my daughters for the wedding day. Janis was also super friendly to all our friends who were in our hotel for our wedding day prep. Highly recommend! Love Janis!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

A Perfect Team!

Janis could not have done a more perfect job on my makeup! I am not one to wear a lot of makeup, but Janis helped me look naturally beautiful for my special day! She and her partner Amanda (hairdresser) were a dream team. We started early and they were able to get all 8 of my bridesmaids, myself, and my mom dolled up for the big day! I would highly recommend Janis and Amanda to any bride! Janis has many make up options and was able to accommodate even the most sensitive skin on a few of my bridesmaids. She even gave little lip glosses to my flower girls, which made their day. Amanda was great at recreating photos of hair and everyone looked amazing! Thank you both so much for being a part of my wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing service

Janis and Amanda did the Hair and makeup for my Wedding in September and they do an AMAZING JOB! I had a large bridal party of 10 girls and they had it down to a science. They were great from the moment I emailed, to the trial to the day of the wedding! Thank you so very much.

Sent on 02/07/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazingly talented!

I’m so glad I chose Janis as my makeup artist! She was so patient, tentative, and understood the exact look I was going for. I wanted something very natural but still make my eyes pop! She took care of my massive bridal party (9 bridesmaids, 2 moms, best woman, and even gave a little blush and lip gloss for my 3 little flower girls), with no hesitation. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful and we were all so happy! I love how genuine Janis was in making sure we all got final touch ups and the look we felt most confident in. I wish I could give her 10 stars!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 08/10/2018

From the first call Janis was responsive and knowledgeable and very professional! She was very accommodating when it came to scheduling a trial with the busy bride and on the day of the wedding she arrived with a helper and everything you could need to create the looks we all loved! During the day Janis was funny and added a nice relaxing touch to the bridal suite. Loved her and her work!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/04/2018

Easy and Beautiful

Janis and Amanda were so easy to work with! They arrived to the hotel on time and created the look each girl wanted! I had two trials with Amanda because I could not decide how I wanted my hair. She was so helpful in guiding me into the look I wanted. Then I changed my mind the day of the wedding and Amanda created my dream look! I would highly recommend Janis and Amanda.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Beautiful Faces by Janis's reply:

Hi Kristin,

THANK YOU !!! so very much for review #193 !! We were so happy to be with you on your special day and I will post and photos that you especially like on my web site, just send them along.

Happy and Healthy Life together

Best

Janis

Beth · Married on 07/15/2018

My husband and I recently celebrated the renewal of our vows and 50th anniversary. Based on a recommendation from a co-worker whose daughter recently got married, I contacted Janis. I also received a recommendation from one of my daughter's friends, who got married last year. I had trail makeup sessions with both professionals, and Janis was the hands down winner. She knows exactly how to make a woman "of a certain age" look wonderful. She is a consummate professional - arrives on time, uses only high quality products and has great expertise. She did my makeup as well as that of my 40 year old twin daughters, and we all felt attractive and confident on the day of our anniversary party. Last but definitely not least, her prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 07/22/2018