The Beaufort Inn Reviews

21 Reviews for The Beaufort Inn

The Beaufort Inn 1
The Beaufort Inn 2

Caitlyn · Married on 08/18/2018

Our wedding was perfect at the Beaufort Inn!

Lindsay and her team at the Beaufort Inn were so helpful in coordinating our special day at the Beaufort Inn! Even with last minute issues, everyone worked together to solve our problems! The team at the Inn made our day stress free and more perfect than we could've imagined!

Sent on 11/20/2018

The Beaufort Inn's reply:

Thank you! I'm glad we were able to make your day stress free! Your special day was so beautiful and we are delighted we we're able to be a part in it!

Natalie · Married on 06/09/2018

The first time we saw the Beaufort Inn, my husband and I knew that this would be the place for our wedding. The garden is absolutely breathtaking, the Inn is historically beautiful and charming, and it is perfectly situated in the cutest town ever! From the early stages of our planning process up until the day of our wedding, Lindsay Blackmon and the entire Beaufort Inn staff went above and beyond to ensure that every detail of our wedding was absolutely perfect. We honestly could not have asked for a more perfect wedding! Even with a bit of rain early on in the day, Lindsay and her team checked in and made sure that everything was on track. We can't wait to visit again for future anniversaries and relive all of the amazing memories that we made together with our family and friends! Thank you, Beaufort!
    Love, Natalie & Ryan

Sent on 06/20/2018

The Beaufort Inn's reply:

Thank you, Natalie! You are so sweet! Thank you for letting the Beaufort Inn be a part of your special day! It was such a pleasure working with you and your husband on your special day. We are so glad it was everything you have expected and more. Please keep in touch when you are ready to book for your anniversary!

Erika · Married on 05/22/2018

Lindsay was wonderful helping us get not only our venue set, but accomadations for all of our guests. We were able to get great rooms and the venue was available to us whenever we needed it. Lindsay was easy to get a hold of, and was very flexible, especially considering we had to find a venue last minute.

Sent on 06/02/2018

The Beaufort Inn's reply:

Thank you so much, Erika. It was truly a pleasure being apart of your special day. We enjoyed making your beautiful day come true! Best wishes to you and your family.

Luke · Married on 04/21/2018

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT garden wedding. My wife and I love the Beaufort Inn. We were engaged there (May 2017), we were married there (April 2018)... it holds such a special place in our hearts. The staff--and I mean EVERYONE, top to bottom--are the most attentive, polite, kind, and warm hosts that you will ever meet. Special thanks to Vince, Kate, Herman and Lindsay! The venue is very reasonably priced, and impeccably kept. Throughout the weekend, ALL of our guests were commenting to us that they could not get over how beautiful the inn and the town are. It really is a magical place.
    Another quick tip: do your rehearsal dinner just down the block at Wren. The food is insanely good, and our guests had a blast there.

Sent on 04/29/2018
    The Beaufort Inn 3
    The Beaufort Inn 4

The Beaufort Inn's reply:

Luke, it was a joy being apart of you and your wife's special day. It truly was a beautiful ceremony and reception! You two are such a lovely couple and we wish you all the best on this new journey!

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

We utilized the 808 Bay condo for our family during our small wedding. The location couldn't have been more perfect for a reception at Q's on Bay and enjoying the downtown area for our extended stay.

Valerie · Married on 03/11/2017

The Beaufort Inn was a lovely venue for our daughter's wedding. The ceremony and reception were held in the Tabby Garden. The staff was very responsive and took care of all of our needs. Our guests loved their accommodations at the inn. Highly recommend having a tent--in case of rain. It ended up being a destination wedding for many of our guests. They enjoyed being centrally located in downtown Beaufort. Everything was within walking distance. Charming venue!

Sent on 03/19/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/15/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding at Beaufort Inn’s Tabby Place. The staff was more than accommodating. Thank you so much for hosting our beautiful wedding! Highly recommend this wonderful wedding venue.

Sarah · Married on 01/16/2016

We used the brand new Tabby Place as our reception venue and it was beyond what I expected! It was so convenient and allowed me to show off my beautiful town to all my out of state guests!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/23/2015

The Beufort Inn was the perfect place for our wedding. The Tabby Garden is beautiful. The rooms are unique and have so much character. All of our guests raved about how great the rooms were and how nice all of the employees at the inn were. Breakfast each morning was delicious and fresh. The grounds are immaculate and peaceful. There are several places to sit inside, on the porch, or in the garden. I can't say enough good things about the Beaufort Inn. I can't wait to go back!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Judy · Married on 12/02/2017

We did not use the Beaufort Inn as a for a wedding venue but for guest accommodations for a Christmas Party, HOWEVER... as a wedding planner myself I would STRONGLY recommend this venue for both accommodations and event rental. The staff was very pleasant from the beginning and through the planning process. Upon arrival of the weekend events they ALL were professional yet courteous to make our stay pleasurable concerning any matter that arose. The executive staff displayed this manner from the beginning and it most certainly flows within the entire facility. The venue is very well maintained and presents the "home" feeling while being away from home. In closing "the afternoon delights are yummy too!"

Aly · Married on 04/07/2018

I worked directly with Lindsay and she was terrific. I had my wedding on the premises and had reserved the entire Inn for my guests. Lindsay was such a big help making sure everyone was accommodated, in the right room, switched around as needed, etc... She gave me updates along the way, was incredibly responsive and helpful, and I felt very comfortable that she was on top of everything. The rest of the staff was excellent during the weekend of the wedding, making it truly perfect in every way.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Betsy · Married on 10/14/2017

Our non-profit utilized Tabby Place for our annual capital fundraiser. Everyone there was easy to work with, very accommodating and helpful. The facility is beautiful and well kept.

Jill · Married on 05/20/2017

Everyone was professional courteous. They weee flexible and responsive to any questions we had through the process. We had our reception in the outside garden spa area and it was perfect for a small wedding. Highly recommend

Sent on 02/02/2018

Chelsea · Married on 04/14/2018

4.2

We were the first to use the new Craven Courtyard. The GM and the event manager were both on premise all day to make sure everything went well, and they helped fix the minor issues that we had arise. The setting was beautiful, and all of our guests loved staying on site and being so close together.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Angel · Married on 04/22/2017

4.2

Once the Wall was covered with the trees everything was good to go. Until... after the ceremony and the sprinklers came on... exactly at 10 o’clock. We were told that they would be turned off and wouldn’t be a problem. Everything got soaking wet including some guest and myself who were standing under the tent. All the boxes that had bottles in them were wet, the bottles, all the rental items, tables, bar, chairs, linens, etc. I’m glad the band had removed all of their equipment before the sprinklers came on.

Shirley · Married on 12/10/2017

Our annual Christmas party for our employees was a great success. Lindsay was very professional and accommodating to our last minute needs. We will definitely keep the Beaufort Inn's venues in mind for future events.

Austin · Married on 02/03/2018

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

Having a fundraiser there with music and dancing is hard to do after 11pm due to closing time. I wish we could close at a later time.

Sent on 02/12/2018
  • Indra

Indra · Married on 06/09/2012

3.6
      3.5

Very nice accommodations for my family. Only a few drawbacks. One Is that they might need an extra person helping out with check-in. Two the breakfast was very good, but the window of time to eat was very short on the weekends (I think it was 8-9:30). Overall we were pleased though.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Kate · Married on 03/18/2017

2.4
      3.0
      1.0

The Inn was not very responsive during the planning process but things went off the rails when they confused the blocks of rooms we had reserved for family during our wedding. We had parents and siblings and nieces and nephews in all the wrong rooms (which while it sounds silly, did matter — divorces parents on one side!) The crown jewel of screw ups though was cutting the water to the building we were staying in the day after the wedding. instead of offering us a different room, we were simply told we “had to get out” because the plans for whatever renovation they were doing couldn’t be changed.
    The garden was pretty and our wedding itself was lovely but no thanks to the staff or management at the Inn.

Sent on 02/05/2018
  • User3190812 · 2+ years ago

2.0

My fiance and I found Beaufort while looking for Hilton Head venues. We fell in love with the small town charm, the oaks draped in spanish moss and the friendly people. We worked with Dawn at Beaufort Weddings and Events. Unfortunately we had an EXTREMELY negative experience with the preferred caterer. I mention this because while you are not "required" to use them, Beaufort Weddings and Events pushes and backs them solely. While Dawn was sympathetic and kind, the managing company, Beaufort Weddings and Events took NO responsibility for referring and recommending this company. Beaufort Weddings and Events continues to back this company and recommend them exclusively, while allowing them to run their restaurant out of the main venue (The Beaufort Inn). They were actually the ONLY company that we were told about when we met with Dawn. Apparently we are not the first couple to have this experience. Needless to say, our wedding was thrown together and NOT what we had paid or hoped for. The ceremony site was INFESTED with ants the day of our wedding. In addition, when we arrived to the reception venue, it was over 80 degrees because the air had not been turned on. Actually one of the main thermostats was set on heat and turned to 80 degrees. This was a June wedding! A couple of my guests with health problems had to leave because of the extreme temperatures. My cakes that I spent $600 on, melted due to the heat. Dawn failed to tell the caterer that my cake was moved to a cooler room to try and save what we could, so the caterer proceeded to CUT THE CAKE before we had even really seen it. It was boxed up and being served in slices before I knew what had happened. Overall, the town is beautiful and our venues were beautiful to look at. I just felt like we were taken advantage of at every turn. We live more than 5 hours away and felt completely appalled at some of the things that happened to us and have continued to happen well after the event.

Sent on 04/11/2013

The Beaufort Inn's reply:

I am so sorry this has happened to you. The Beaufort Inn is not associated with Beaufort Weddings and Events and would appreciate if the review was moved to the correct vendor’s page.

Beaufort Inn