Beatnik Studios Reviews

9 Reviews for Beatnik Studios

• Daniel

Daniel Joseph Atkinson · Married on 06/29/2019

We loved it all!

Katherine was amazing, and the venue was beautiful!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Jordan · Married on 12/21/2017

My wife and I had our wedding here in late December. We cannot say enough great things about Beatnik and their staff. Six weeks before our big day, I was in a car accident and broke both of my legs. The Beatnik staff was very accommodating, understanding, and did everything they could to ensure the wedding was everything we wanted it to be and more. For the event, we hired Rebecca for day of coordination, along with two beatnik bartenders (65 guests). Though we were on the smaller end as far as guest size went, the room did not feel empty or overly spacious. Beatnik staff did a great job with the floor plan to ensure the same room which handles 200+ guests felt just right for our measly 65.

Rebecca and Katherine are true pros- They held it down and handled any and all issues we threw at them with effortless grace. The venue itself is beautiful (if that’s the vibe you’re going for). Well-lit and heated, our guests had no complaints. The fact it’s an art studio during the day is a great bonus, as we were able to incorporate breath-taking works of art at no additional cost.

Beatnik Studios, the owners, and the employees, are simply fantastic. We highly recommend this venue for any sort of event.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Marlo · Married on 02/04/2017

Beatnik was a wonderful spot to have our ceremony and reception. The size was perfect for our 150 guests. They did a "flip" during cocktail hour, to switch from ceremony layout to reception, and it went like clockwork. This venue is a great value, and the owners are great to work with!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Emily · Married on 05/17/2014

We had a beautiful wedding at beatnik studios. It's a fairly new facility and is still evolving but we knew that when we signed up. The art gallery provided a beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception. We got lots of compliments on the venue. The space allows for a lot of flexibility as far as other vendors allowing you to customize your event and spend money where you think it should be spent and not being locked into a certain package. I felt that this feature allowed us to get a good value for our money and have a truly magical wedding.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Jennay · Married on 01/31/2015

Beatnik was the perfect reception venue!

- Space: It's a converted warehouse so there are beautiful brick walls and high ceilings. It's primarily an art studio so there is always something pleasing to look at. During the reception the art walls are pushed to the side to create a great open space.
    - Capacity: We had about 210 guests (with about 30 children) and we maxed out the space. It was just right for us! We had long banquet tables set up and our guests still had enough room to back out chairs and move around. We had room for a dance floor, two buffets setups and a few cocktail tables near the bar. A little cozy, but still comfortable.
    - Location: Just outside of downtown Sac where you don't need to worry about parking for your guests. Also, they don't have too many neighbors so I believe as long as your guests are out by midnight, you're good.
    - Staff: Such a pleasure to work with. We visited the venue at least a handful of times before the actual event and they were always very accommodating to make sure I was comfortable. They were flexible about setup and cleanup of the space and they went above and beyond! My favorite part was when we got to the reception they setup an outside seating area for our guests. We had never even discussed that, but they did it anyway! A great touch!

What else can I say... great space, great people. So glad we found Beatnik!

Sent on 04/26/2015

We had our wedding here a year ago and it was a great event! They were helpful and let us set up early. They knew how to best make the use of the space as we had 200 people and did 2 food lines. We had the bar and it was great that we could bring in our own beer and wine as well as catering.

The space needed little decorating because it is so nice itself. I love how our pictures turned out because the lighting is amazing!

Sent on 08/27/2015
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 08/22/2012

Great Venue!

I would highly recommend using Beatnik as a reception venue!

Pros:
    + The space is extremely versatile, so if you have a lot of creative ideas, the staff is willing to assist in making your ideas become a reality.
    + We were able to make 160+ people fit comfortably in the space.
    + The bathrooms are beautiful and well maintained
    + The venue had great recommendations for other vendors
    + Centrally located

Cons:
    - Not really a con, but this venue does take a lot of coordination between multiple vendors. If you are looking to throw a wedding where everything is taken care of, this may not be the best option for you.

Sent on 11/19/2019

The team at beatnik are so helpful and really work with you. They are open to all sorts of things and really let you create the day you dreamed of. The building itself is so open and beautiful!

Sent on 03/30/2015
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 11/03/2018

3.0

Spectacular look. Meh service.

We had our ceremony and recpetion here.

Now, I want to start with: I did not hire the Beatnik wedding planner to do my wedding (she was extra) and I wish I had. She was around to answer phone calls and give me a rough draft of my wedding, but day of, it would have been worth the extra money to have someone else setting up my decor (and not my bridal party). We had our wedding on the first Saturday of the month, which meant we were not allowed inside the day before to set up (because of Beatnik's First Friday Gallery Event) so our wedding party and family had to set up day of and it was hectic.

I also remember going into the wedding rehearsal and being told by the planner that since I did not hire her, she could not help in any way... I almost cried. Luckily my sister knew the drill and took over.

The venue has two in house photographers, my husband and I each liked the other photographer and they were over our budget, so in the end we went with a photographer not part of the venue.

The venue is huge, and we had a small wedding. I think the set up of the dance floor was too large, so no one danced because everyone was spread out too much. My advice: enclose your dance floor with tables or booths.

Pros: stunning esthetic, amazing photos, urban industrial feel, clean bathrooms, designated bar area, kitchen in the back for catering, pretty add ons like a LOVE marquee sign and string lights are available.

Cons: unless you pay for the extra help, you're kinda on your own. They will help here and there, and I did have a person on the day of, but I honestly have no idea what she did other than arrange my tables and chairs (so that my family could then decorate them).

Sent on 07/24/2019