Beat 2 Beat DJs Reviews

148 | Linthicum Heights, MD

148 Reviews for Beat 2 Beat DJs

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2011

My wedding planner Melody Browning from MeZo Events recommended Beat 2 Beat DJs and I'm glad I took her advice. DJ Five (Dan McGinty) was the DJ for my wedding and he did a great job. He kept the dance floor packed and checked in with me and the groom at several points throughout the night to make sure we were happy with everything. He did a nice job of announcing things (toasts, cake cutting, etc.) without every being cheesy or intrusive. He kept everything in line with our taste and everyone had a great time dancing.

Sent on 09/20/2011

beat2beat djs were amazing!!!!

ladies...think about it. the DJ is the narrator of your whole reception! they set the tone for everything...you want to hire someone who knows what they're doing. i have been to weddings with awful DJs but chris and dan are worth every penny.

they are so easy to communicate with...and met with us multiple times! the day of the wedding, dan was awesome!! everyone was out on the dance floor...in fact...i think i spent TOO much time on the dance floor :) use them, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Shauna · Married on 09/10/2011

This review is for DJ Absolut (Brian). We had him do the music for the cocktail hour and reception. We were extremely happy with everything. Brian was super easy to work with, finding our particular music selections for the entrance and first dance with no problems. Everything was seamless.

Now, by the time dinner ended, the remaining crowd at the wedding was of a younger generation. I had already set out the "definitely play" and "do not play" songs with him, which were strictly adhered to. I still get compliments to this day (almost 6 months later) about how awesome our DJ was. One of my friends even had me get the whole playlist because she loved everything he put on. He read the crowd perfectly and kept the party going until we were forced to stop due to the noise ordinance. Awesome.

Sent on 02/22/2012
  • Robyn

Robyn · Married on 09/01/2011

Our ceremony and reception were held in Frederick, MD; thus we wanted to find a Dj near the venue to cut down on travel time. Unfortunately, we were not able to find a "real" Dj near our venue. We met with vendors that claimed to be a Dj, but only played music from a laptop without accompanying Dj equipment.

We decided to search for a Dj that had his/her hand on the pulse of new music and popular songs that guests would love to hear. I came across Beat 2 Beat Djs and knew this would be the company to work with. After meeting with Chris and Jon Boesche', my fiance and I were impressed with the beat mix skills and charisma displayed by both Djs.

On the day of the wedding, Jon and Chris provided uplighting, an LED Dj booth, and AWESOME music. Everyone at the wedding was impressed and danced all evening. Jon was an excellent Dj and announcer; he truly has a voice and personality that is meant to be on the radio.

Chris was very flexible with the music we suggested and was even flexible in receiving our music at the last minute. As stressful as planning a wedding can be, Chris and Jon made this a very easy and stress-free event for us. Overall, we will highly recommend Beat 2 Beat Dj's!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2011

I would highly recommend Beats 2 Beats. Chris went above and beyond in providing services, including contacting an artist to obtain their two versions of a specific song for the mother son dance. Chris is extremely responsive to emails and all requests for information. They accept credit cards over Pay Pal, which is extremely convenient when budgeting a wedding. They were set up for the reception early, so as to not interfere with our guests going to the cocktail hour. DJ Jon was fabulous and is truely a skilled artist. He set the mood for the party and had the dance floor rocking the entire night, so much so that the air conditioning had to be dropped 12 degrees in the room and it was still hot. The Baltimore region is lucky to have Chris and Jon in the business. They made us feel like they were so proud to be part of our special day and we were equally lucky to have them. They provided stress free and professional services. As a true testament to their services, we have already referred a good friend getting married next year.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Melissa · Married on 07/09/2011

I booked DJ Special K for a wedding event and he was fabulous! He worked with me every step of the way and accommodated my very eclectic musical tastes amazingly well! He is creative, energetic, friendly, fun and very passionate about music. He really reads guests' tastes and moods well, and adjusts music accordingly to ensure that everyone is having a great time. He is also very professional. His punctuality is impeccable, and he worked well with the rest of the venue staff. He dressed very professionally and appropriately, and ensured that everything ran smoothly-which took all of the stress off of me. I would absolutely recommend hiring Beat 2 Beat DJs for any event. Truly worth every penny! Professional, knowledgeable, fun and flexible.

-Melissa Arch (Hagerstown, MD July 2011)

Sent on 07/16/2011

Steph · Married on 06/25/2011

You can't go wrong with beat 2 beat DJs. Chris was my DJ for my June wedding, and he was EXCELLENT. Professional, articulate, friendly, and organized are just a few words to describe him. He was always very fast with his email responses. I have recommended Beat 2 Beat to many friends who are getting married. Thank you Chris for making my wedding so much fun! ~Steph

Sent on 07/06/2011

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2011

This company is great! They were very professional, responsive, and just generally nice people to work with. We had almost all of our guests on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 07/20/2011
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 06/18/2011

We booked B2B for our wedding on 6/18/2011. Dan our DJ was awesome and did a great job with everything. Everyone commented on how great the music was and he was awesome at making everything go off without a hitch and not needing anything from us. Thanks Dan for being such an important part of our night and making everything wonderful!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2011

We booked Beat 2 Beat DJs for our wedding on June 11, 2011- Brian was our DJ. From our first meeting with Beat 2 Beat they blew us away. Not only were they completely professional and responsive throughout the entire process, they were fresh too. Fresh meaning that they are not like the typical DJs that have been playing the same old song list for the past 50 years. They are fresh, upbeat, and extremely talented.
    We had a few special requests for our reception and they were very accomodating. My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Brian- even the guests commented on how great it was! He kept everyone on the dance floor until the very end of the night.

We definitely recommend Beat 2 Beat!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Daryl · Married on 06/03/2011

Beat 2 Beat DJs is awesome!!! They are so professional and fun guys to work with. Chris, the owner, is very quick when answering emails. Dan, DJ 5, worked our wedding. He did an awesome job. He played all of the music we wanted and nothing we didn't, even if it was a request from the crowd. He really kept the whole wedding moving and on time. We met with Dan before the wedding and went over a timeline. They are reasonably priced for all that you get. I would highly recommend Beat 2 Beat DJs!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Kevin · Married on 05/27/2011

My wife and I got married on 5/27/2011. We had Chris(Beat 2 Beat DJs) DJ our wedding. There is only one word to describe the job he did...AMAZING!!! Not only did he keep the dance floor full the entire night, but he was very professional. A few days before the wedding, he called me and my wife to ask our permission to use a new piece of equipment. I'm glad he did. The new lights he had just added to the awesome atmosphere at our reception. He is very dedicated to his work and knows how to read a crowd. His music flowed seamlessly all night, and the dance floor never stopped rocking. Also, if you want certain songs played, let him know. He'll play them, if he doesn't have them, he'll do his best to get them. If you're looking for a DJ for your wedding, I strongly recommend Beat 2 Beat. Whether it's Chris or one of his fellow DJs, they will do an AMAZING job.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Alexey · Married on 05/21/2011

Excellent, excellent job! Dan McGinty - DJ5 of Beat 2 Beat made everything flow so smoothly and was a critical part of our entire wedding. The music was spot on for each moment and felt effortless. Had many compliments from our musically inclined friends. We gave him a framework and he ran with it. Professionalism is a piece of mind on a day with so many moving parts. Thank you Dan!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Andrea · Married on 05/14/2011

Chris Riddle, DJ Vega, was the DJ for our wedding reception. He was very professional and diligent so that everything went according to schedule. All of our guests were dancing throughout our reception and he listened to our input of songs and ideas for our reception. From the initial meeting up to the week before the wedding, Chris was very responsive and helped us with all of our questions including great suggestions to make things run smoother. We would definitely recommend Beat 2 Beat for your occasion!

Sent on 06/26/2011

Bill · Married on 05/07/2011

Brian, with Beat 2 Beat, did a wonderful job at our wedding. He was extremely professional and played a great variety of songs. These guys are a sure bet. No need to look any further.
    -Bill & Katie

Sent on 06/14/2011

Catherine · Married on 04/09/2011

Beat2BeatDJs did an amazing job at our wedding! Brian (DJ Absolut) played just the right songs to keep the dance floor packed all night. Everyone had such great time which is something that meant a lot to me & my husband. I even got compliments from guests saying how much they loved that Brian would flow from song to song with out an awkward pause between.

I recommend Beat2Beat DJs 100%!

Sent on 05/06/2011

Annemarie · Married on 10/23/2010

We were extremely happy when we found out that Beat 2 Beat DJs had our wedding date available. Dan McGinty was fantastic! I sent him the list of songs we definitely wanted to be played along with a "do not play" list, and he made it flow perfectly throughout our reception. All of the guests had a fabulous time and commented on how great our DJ was. Dan was professional and wonderful to work with. He and Chris Riddle (owner) were very quick with email and phone responses. They were also able to help with the planning for the order of events for the night.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Alicia · Married on 10/23/2010

We used Beat 2 Beat for our wedding in October. Not only did Chris provide get service and exuded professionalism, he also mixed our fauther/daughter song ahead of time for us to practice! He was always very responsive and had competitive rates in the area. We would highly recommend Chris Riddle at Beat 2 Beat!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Alison · Married on 10/09/2010

We just got married in Oct, and were very happy with Beat 2 Beat DJs from start to finish. We didn't really shop around too much because it was clear from the start that they were top notch. Chris was very responsive throughout the process...and even at the initial meeting, we were able to meet our DJ - Brian (DJ Absolut). Brian did an amazing job at the reception...he was friendly and not overbearing, he did a great job with the announcements, and, most importantly, he kept the music/party going throughout the night. We had several people comment on how much they liked the music and the DJ...and it was a relief for both of us to know that we were in good hands. We would recommend Beat 2 Beat DJ's to anyone.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Bethaney · Married on 10/02/2010

Brian of Beat 2 Beat provided us with the best DJ experience at a wedding ever! He had everyone dancing from the moment dinner ended to the very last song. He kept a great pace and many guests commented what a really great DJ we had! He played music for everyone and rounded out the night with dance hits. He mixed in the songs we wanted with classics and current hits and it was perfect. Amazing... if Beat 2 Beat to DJs your wedding, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Jon · Married on 09/25/2010

Dan was amazing! We recently got married in Rehoboth Beach, DE and Beat 2 Beat made our day! First consultation was laid back, comfortable and informative, after that response, communication were amazing. At the wedding Dan kept things moving along, listened to what we wanted and followed through. Use this company if you want to add to your day!

Sent on 10/03/2010

Lisa · Married on 09/25/2010

Chris at Beat2Beat is the man. He is an extremely likeable guy who is just flat out a natural at his job.

Beat2Beat treats you like you should be treated. Upon initial contact, they requested a meeting at their office to give us the entire experience. We were treated professionally, which was extremely nice. Chris is a younger guy who is definitely into the latest music. A requirement for our DJ was that he had to be near our age and have good taste in music. We both instantly related to Chris.

Chris is really a professional DJ and can beatmatch with the best of them. All of our friends made comments like "The music just kept going the whole time!" and "I couldn't even hear when he switched songs!". This is really what you pay for in a professional DJ. My wife and I have been to many weddings and nobody compares.

Since our wedding last September, we have had the pleasure of attending a few Beat2Beat weddings with Dan. Dan is also a great beatmatcher and a great guy.

One little added bonus, Chris's wife's company, Up Dos for I Dos, came and did on-site hair and makeup for the bride and bridesmaids. They were just as phenomenal as Beat2Beat.

We easily received as many compliments on our DJ as we did on the wedding itself. We have friends who cancelled their DJ and lost their deposit just to get Beat2Beat at their wedding.

If you're reading this and deciding on a DJ, read no more. Hire Beat2Beat!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Carolyn · Married on 09/18/2010

I can't thank Beat 2 Beat dj's for there performance for our wedding. You did a great job. I even saw you helping the wedding planner move chairs into the reception tent during the cocktail hour. You went out of your way to meet our expectations. Many thanks!

Sent on 02/06/2011

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2010

Chris was the DJ for our wedding on 9/12 and was absolutely phenomenal! From our initial consultation with him, we knew we had to have Chris as our DJ! He is so kind, professional, responds very timely, and extremely talented at what he does! So many friends and family from the wedding raved about how amazing he was besides my husband and I raving about him as well! We all stayed on the dance floor the whole night and really were able to have such a wonderful time because of how awesome the music was. Thank you so much Chris!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Caroline · Married on 09/11/2010

Chris Riddle recently DJ'ed our wedding and he did a phenominal job!!!!! He was professional, responsive, organized, super easy to work with and - - is extremely talented. Chris is experienced, knows what works best, made the planning really easy for us, and I would highly recommend B2B to anyone. Guests have been contacting us ever since the wedding to tell us how much fun they had an how awesome the music was - thanks again Chris!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2010