Bear Lake Reserve Reviews

Bear Lake Reserve 5
Bear Lake Reserve 6
Bear Lake Reserve 7

Stacie · Married on 09/22/2018

Great time all around. The views were breath taking, food delicious, staff friendly. They were beyond expectations. They did their best and succeeded to accommodate all of our needs with great mannerism.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Terry Dennison · Married on 09/08/2018

The most breath taking experience of my lifetime.

To call the experience my wife and I had at Bear Lake Reserve phenomenal, would be an understatement. Everything about Bear Lake was so far above our expectations its honestly hard to describe. The shear beauty of the venue, the pricing, the flexibility, the professionalism, their patience and understanding, their resourcefulness, the food, everything about it was incredible. We couldn't have made it happen if not for Kelsie Rich as well. What an amazing experience. If you are wondering if this is the right venue for you, look no further. IT IS!

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Bear Lake Reserve 12
    Bear Lake Reserve 13
    Bear Lake Reserve 14

Mary · Married on 10/07/2012

My wedding was a dream come true. I wanted to capture the beauty of western NC in the Fall and Bear Lake Reserve was the perfect venue. The service and the staff were excellent and very flexible in planning - most of my guests came up to me to tell me how professional they were. The cheesecakes Adam made for our wedding cakes were AMAZING and one of the highlights of the day for my guests. The food was authentic italian and my relatives from New York were so impressed - we did not know you could get such delicious Italian food this far south ;). The weather did not cooperate but the staff was flexible and moved my reception inside at the last minute - the last minute change was seemless and none of the guests realized we had originally planned to have the reception outside! If you choose to have your wedding or event at Bear Lake you will be more than satisfied.

Sent on 03/06/2013

Mary Grace · Married on 05/21/2016

2.0

We had our rehearsal dinner, bridal luncheon, and reception on property at Bear Lake and everything was absolutely lovely. Lori stepped in after an unfortunate situation and she truly saved the day. I was confident that everything was going to go smoothly as she coordinated the details day-of. Chef Danny created our menu and everything was absolutely delicious. It was such a special weekend in the mountains and I am so glad we celebrated at Bear Lake Reserve.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/03/2015

1.4
      2.0

I will say that this is a GORGEOUS VENUE but do not book unless you are hiring an outside wedding planner! The venue provided a wedding coordinator with the venue fee. In the middle of planning our wedding from Columbus, OH our original wedding coordinator, Laina, was replaced with Matt. Matt was extremely charming and very assuring. He assured us that we did not need a wedding planner and that at that point he had been personally responsible for numerous weddings. He made everything we asked for seem doable and we left there feeling as though we were in great hands. We should have realized before our wedding day that this was not the case by his delayed responses to emails, phone calls, or texts. Matt assured us that he would be at the reserve the week of the wedding to assist us with getting everything ready for the wedding, yet he was rarely present. We were assured our flowers that were being delivered 10/2 would be placed in water, yet they were found still in boxes later that night. Matt did not attend our rehearsal to go over any of the setup for the wedding the day prior. I personally reviewed the wedding day itinerary that the photographer made me write up with Matt who told me he would be there around 9am but that someone would be at the Lake lodge to let me and the bridesmaids in to get ready. When we got to the lodge it was locked and no one was present to let us in so we had to start late. I actually had to get on the phone with Matt to get him to show which he did around noon and then disappeared. Due to a hurricane we had to use an indoor backup plan that did not get set up until 3:30 because the food&beverage manager did not have a seating plan from Matt nor the correct amount of tables. The wedding party ended up moving tables and setting up instead of taking pictures as planned. A bridesmaid had to direct the DJ where to set up. A guest ended up having to signal us when to walk down the aisle & coordinate our exit. There is more...

Sent on 04/18/2016