Beacon Hill Golf Club and Banquet Center Reviews

26 | Commerce Township, MI

26 Reviews for Beacon Hill Golf Club and Banquet Center

Samantha 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect Wedding

My now husband and I are very happy with our experience at Beacon Hill! Our wedding was May 18th, 2019. Before our wedding we met with the new event coordinator, Jaqueline, and new manager, Jerry. Both were very nice and experienced! I have to put in extra words for Jaqueline though because she went above and beyond. On our rehearsal she was very professional and kind. She worked very well with our officiant. She directed our wedding very well when it came to telling everyone when to walk out for our ceremony and when dinner was ready. I learned after our wedding day that my mom told me she had helped set up centerpieces when my florist was late to drop them off. My mom said she did so much to help decorate for my wedding and make it look beautiful. Thinking back on my wedding, I would not pick any other place because it was pretty affordable for ~120 guests, the reception area was big and accommodating, and the outside ceremony area was BEAUTIFUL! I loved the lake in the background. I am very, very, very happy I picked this place to have our special day. 馃槉

Sent on 06/11/2019

Beacon Hill Golf Club and Banquet Center's reply:

This is so sweet! We loved hosting you and Drew and your wonderful families! We wish you nothing but happiness and please come back anytime! (:
  • User6637387 路 2+ years ago

Emily is the venue coordinator at Beacon Hill now and did a fantastic job making sure everything went smoothly. Any question or concern and I would hear back from her within the day. She is super nice, easy to talk to, and willing to help you out any way she can. She even got in contact and dealt with all of my vendors so I didn't have to worry about them the day of the wedding (which was a huge relief). The head chef there is so nice too and also great at what he does - all the food in the buffet was basically gone by the end of dinner time as people came back for seconds, hah... He was even willing to create special last minute plates for two of our guests because of special dietary needs. The outside venue for the ceremony is just beautiful. We had such a gorgeous day too - there were even swans that came swimming close enough to where people could see them and then during the reception, hot air balloons in the clear night sky. We were just lucky in timing, but to be able to look out at night at them was an awesome bonus. The outside patio in the banquet hall was great for cooling down after dancing or simply getting away from the party scene. All in all, it is a gorgeous venue - both indoors and outdoors areas, affordable, and has the most wonderful staff. Would highly recommend!! :D

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • User4660977 路 2+ years ago

I just had my wedding ceremony and reception here this past weekend and I am beyond pleased! From my initial meeting, to the arrangement of everything, to the rehearsal, to the actual wedding day, everything at BH was on point! Maggie is the wedding coordinator there and she has an excitement and energy about her that is unparalleled. Although we only had 3 actual meetings with her, we managed to stay in constant contact through phone calls and email. They offer a number of packaged deals which was great considering so many other venues do things a la carte - so confusing when you're trying to plan!! Here, they arrange the best package, with the best price, and it is a beautiful venue. The staff was amazing, my guests had nothing but positive things to say. Not to mention, the food was great and I had many people telling me it was the best food they've ever eaten at a wedding. Now THAT'S a compliment! We went buffet style and everything was just as hot and fresh for the last tables as it was for the first. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking to do a reception or outdoor ceremony. There is a beautiful lake in the background that makes for some great photos! Consider me a 100% satisfied customer! :)

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • User4976575 路 2+ years ago

Beacon hill and Maggie made my wedding day the best day of my life. I've never gotten so many compliments from everyone. The food was amazing! Everyone said the food and the drinks were the best. I loved the chicken madeira but the hit of the night was the salmon!! My husband took everything in the day of and Maggie and her team put everything out on the tables and when I arrived at the venue I started crying because it was so beautiful! Maggie had everything planned out and ready to go for the ceremony. She was so professional and efficient. We had to go take pictures and the bridal party had to wait for a few and she brought us some appetizers. Maggie always went the extra mile and that's why she's so good at what she does! She made sure the head table during dinner was good. She made sure we had our drinks filled and if we needed anything else. The bartender and servers were so nice and they looked like they were having a good time. What a great venue and staff. Maggie Thank you for everything you did. You were so accommodating. My mom is still getting calls and texts from everyone of how wonderful the venue, the food, the staff, and drinks were!! This place is the perfect venue for you wedding and you should definitely hire them in a second!

Sent on 07/06/2015

cherie 路 Married on 06/19/2015

Very accomodating and easy to work with, I wouldn't have changed a thing! Beautfiul atmosphere and grounds, friends and accomodating staff, food was great, hall was decorated perfectly and I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

Sent on 10/08/2015
  • User3741576 路 2+ years ago

Everyone was very nice and they were very accommodating with any of our requests. It's a great value for the price and a pretty venue. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Amanda 路 Married on 06/29/2013

Beacon Hill was a great place to get married! Jerry and everyone at Beacon Hill were very helpful while planning our wedding. Any special requests and they do their best to accommodate them. They make things easier for you. We got married right outside and it was beautiful! Rachel helped with the timing of the ceremony and events. The banquet hall was the perfect size with ample dance floor room! We also had the premier package and everyone commented that the food was amazing! Also, having the open bar was a definite plus. I would highly recommend Beacon Hill to anyone looking for a place to plan their ceremony and/or their reception.

Sent on 07/04/2013
  • User3385827 路 2+ years ago

Jerry and Barry were wonderful to work with for our wedding! We could not have chosen a better place for our special day. The premiere wedding package is worth every penny. Jerry and his team provided a lot of assistance the day of the wedding to ensure things went smoothly.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Bernadette 路 Married on 06/15/2013

BEACON HILL WAS SO AMAZING!!! What a beautiful setting, inside and out! Jerry- Thank you so much for everything!!!! Our wedding was so perfect!!! Everything looked beautiful and the food was awesome!!!! Everyone said they loved the food and wanted seconds! THANK YOU-we couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. Bonnie did an awesome job as well!!:)

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn 路 Married on 10/07/2011

I loved my wedding at Beacon hill. The ceremony site if sooo beautiful. Jerry is very professional and VERY helpful. My guests raved about how great the food was and how beautiful the banquet room was. Prices are very fair for the quality you receive.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Rebecca 路 Married on 08/06/2011

There is a new wedding coordinator at Beacon Hill (Jerry) and overall, he did a really nice job. Our guests raved about the food and the Beacon Hill staff had everything setup as promised. Jerry promised us a certain type of wine, only to find out they did not have it at their bar the night of our reception. Jerry left immediately and drove to a nearby store to fill our request. I thought that was pretty thoughtful! The "Ultimate Package", which includes appetizers, a plated dinner, and open bar was pretty reasonable compared to other venues in the area. I would highly recommend Beacon Hill to anyone inquiring about it for their wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2011
  • NikkiandTravis

Nikki 路 Married on 09/04/2010

Beacon Hill was amazing!! Such a wonderful place to get married!! The staff was great and the hall turned out perfect!

Sent on 09/29/2010

Carroll 路 Married on 11/14/2009

I loved my service from Beacon Hill and the Banquet hall was just so gorgous! all my friends were impresed and my wedding looked amazing!

Sent on 01/08/2010

Kathy 路 Married on 10/17/2009

I had an outdoor fall wedding at Beacon Hill and could not be more happy! Jamie was always very patient with me and made sure to address all of my questions. Everyone there is very friendly and professional. They did everything they could to ensure my wedding day went smoothly, and it did just that. Also, my guests continue to rave about how delicious their dinner was at our wedding (we served a plated dinner of filet mignon and tomato basil chicken). We were able to cruise on to the golf course (entire wedding party) with my photographer and take some great pictures. Thank you to everyone, Jamie in particular, at Beacon Hill Golf Club!

Sent on 10/27/2009

Rachael 路 Married on 09/05/2008

Jamie Caldwell, their event coordinator, is kind, patient and honest. The room was wonderful, the pergola functioned and photographed beautifully and my guests were wowed by the food and service.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Shaye 路 Married on 08/04/2007

Beacon Hill was wonderful. They were very accommodating to all of my needs. The food was delectable. The outside gazebo for the ceremony was beautiful and the banquet hall for the reception was perfect.

Sent on 11/01/2007

Rachel 路 Married on 08/03/2012

My Fiance and I are outdoorsey people and ideally would have wanted to get married on a mountaintop or in the woods, but that is a lot more trouble than you know. So when searching for the perfect vendor close to us, there was no question when we found this wedding site and reception hall. It has an exquisite ceremony setting that is much better than the photos on the website. It is overlooking a large drop-off into a lake surrounded by wildlife and trees where swans, white herons and other birds can always be found. by the time they take off from the lake and get to their desired altitude, they are soaring just above you at the ceremony site. there are great sunsets as well because it faces southwest. They were willing to accommodate us in many ways including providing us with golf carts to take photos at different sites around the golf course. The banquet hall was the perfect size and has a HUGE dance floor, unlike all other vendors we visited. It is a great well decorated and open space that requires very little be done to the room to make it as special and beautiful as you would like. The bridal room is a bit small and I would recommend decorating whatever you can the evening before and designating other people to decorate the day of. But my bridal party and I went in first thing the morning of, and all of the hair, make-up and dressing was done right in the bridal room and restroom. The girls rotated into the room between setting up and we had a blast doing it:)

Sent on 08/19/2012

Lauren 路 Married on 09/06/2009

We had way too much cake left over. We had ordered a cake for 200 and had 200 guests. They need to cut larger pieces. Not scrimp. We had 2 layers and a sheet (1/2) left over !!!

Sent on 09/21/2009

Neale 路 Married on 05/30/2009

Would absolutely recommend anyone wanting a convenient wedding all in one place with beautiful scenery to Beacon Hill in Commerce Township. We booked in January when everything was cold and snowy and by May 30th - all was beautiful!
    We especially appreciated Jamie. She did a wonderful job of making sure everything was set up and to our specifications. We went there a few times in person but didn't need to. Everything was great. She's great at responding to e-mail! We had small wedding by most standards but I could only imagine she does well with any size wedding. The only thing I heard about our reception was that they took the food away very quickly. There was still food left and there were some, that maybe didn't grab all of our buffet choices that would've liked to try it. I can understand wanting to clear the dance floor (as that's where the food was set up) so they were just doing their job. Also - if your photographer is ARTSY and wants to do fun shots outside - they are instructed to pick up the chairs outside after the ceremony - QUICKLY! Our poor photographer just wanted to take some pictures with our chairs out there. Overall - BEAUTIFUL location and great service.

Sent on 06/17/2009
  • User5409183 路 2+ years ago

Wow, wow, wow. I can't say enough about Maggie and her team at Beacon Hill. We were over the moon excited to have the wedding at such a BEAUTIFUL outdoor wedding venue. Everything was ready when we requested, everything was clean and tidy, and the staff was always at the ready with anything we needed. The only thing about the venue that I didn't really like was that the Bridal room was a little bit too small... but considering how much time was spent in there, it was a small issue.

Sent on 10/06/2015
  • User1120345 路 2+ years ago

This place was amazing! My wedding was perfect thanks to all of the staff.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Lauren 路 Married on 08/21/2010

The outdoor ceremony site at Beacon Hill is breathtaking and ridiculously romantic and is what initially sold us on that location, but the inside is just as elegant! The lighting in the reception site is fabulous (looked beautiful in our pictures!) and the general decor is modern and updated--a breath of fresh air after seeing some of the patterned carpet and 1980's paintings at other venues. And once we got down to planning the details, we found the wedding coordinators to be helpful and very accomodating. The only drawback was the very rare filet that was served to our wedding party and the majority of our guests (which was disappointing considering that a plated filet meal isn't cheap!) and that we were switched back and forth between 3 people to help us with the planning. But, at the end of the day, they answered all of our crazy questions and were always on top of making sure that things were on schedule the days leading up to our wedding and of course, on the day itself. I would definitely reccommend this venue to other brides!!!

Sent on 12/16/2010

Amy 路 Married on 10/13/2018

4.2

Meaghan was great!

Meaghan (the event coordinator) was wonderful and made sure that everything was done correctly and to my liking. She thought of things I had never even thought of! On the day of the wedding I must have sent her 5-7 last minute emails of things that needed to be changed and she had it all done without issue! The only thing I was upset about was that dinner was quite delayed. But, I had multiple people come up to me after and say the food was the best they鈥檇 had at a wedding in a while. (Food and drink all provided by BH). The pictures that you can get on the golf course are amazing (water, wooded areas, fields, red barn). The week before the wedding they let us steal a golf cart and pick out our favorite picture locations and that saved us a TON of time on the day of. The outside pergola area was beautiful for the ceremony. Bar/waitstaff were extremely professional and courteous. The bridal room is small so plan accordingly. All in all we are very happy we chose BH as our venue! We had about 100 people. I鈥檇 say max would be about 150 people comfortably.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Carrie 路 Married on 04/26/2008

2.0

I guess being an April wedding we were not as important as the summer weddings. Jamie and Jeff were almost impossible to get a hold of during "the off season." When we signed our contract Jeff said he wasn't sure how to do it so he made a lot of promises that he shouldn't have so a few days before the wedding when the final bill came due of almost $3000 more that it was supposed to I almost died. Thankfully Jeff kept his word.

The ceremony was lovely and the pictures turned out great with the water behind it. I get comments all the time from friends and family. The walk down the steps makes for an exciting entrance! Beacon Hill has a great set-up for out door weddings that far exceeded other golf courses out door setting which all seemed to be just a tent on the green.

The food was remarkable and the staff was outstanding. No glass left empty, no table left messy. They tended to our every need with smiles all night long. My only concern was we ordered califlower with cheese right from the menu but when the cheese was missing Jeff said that they don't use cheese because if cheese allergies which I found to be odd since we also ordered gouda potatoes?!?

All in all my wedding couldn't have turned out any better and I am pleased with my choice to have had it at Beacon Hill.

Sent on 12/20/2008
  • U

Ufuoma 路 Married on 05/16/2010

3.6
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0

Overall, our experience with beacon hill was a bit frustrating. The wedding coordinator quit a few months before our wedding, leaving us to do everything. There was a huge lack of communication. My phone calls were not returned and I would have to just go there to get anything answered.

Barry, the general manager did the best he could, but he just had a lot going on between the 2 clubs that he was running.

The food got good reviews from family and friends. The outside ceremony area is beautiful and great for pictures.

Sent on 05/17/2010