Beach Bum Vacation Reviews

Beach Bum Vacation 2
Beach Bum Vacation 3
Beach Bum Vacation 4
Beach Bum Vacation 5

Justin at Beach Bum Vacation was a pleasure to work with. His promptness in responding to any questions was excellent. He covered every detail.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Sheri · Married on 07/29/2015

Beach Bum Vacations has been absolutely amazing to work with. I happened to find them in a review when my fiance and I were investigation destination wedding locations. We were really struggling and starting to get frustrated, until I contacted Beach Bum. Beach Bum Lisa contacted me right away, and I felt like I had an instant connection with her. She is fun, upbeat, knowledgeable, and felt that she is 100% invested us and our wedding day. The best part is, is that we changed our original direction with her from Mexico/Caribbean, to Europe, and she was right on board. Constant communication between us and the resort to make sure we have everything we want. Lisa even made an adorable website with us to send to our guests for all of the booking information. So far, Beach Bum Lisa has helped us and all of our guests with booking our accommodation, and has even helped the guests with planning and booking add-on trips who want to explore more of Europe! One of my guests called me immediately after booking with Lisa and raved about how helpful and friendly she was. She actually said, I feel like she could be my friend! That is the kind of people that work at Beach Bum. We couldn't be more happy with our experience with Beach Bum and highly recommend anyone who is planning a destination wedding to use their services. Bonus...No services fees for you or your guests! :) I'm sure all of the Beach Bummers (not sure if that is what their official name is) are awesome, but hopefully you get Lisa to help you with all of your planning!

Sent on 05/07/2015
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 07/18/2015

Lisa Zwissler is a Honeymoon Saint.

Less than a month before our wedding, my wife was waiting to hear if she'd been accepted to medical school. Knowing that she could potentially be starting school less than a week after the wedding, we decided to wait on booking our honeymoon until she received an answer from the school.

About 3 weeks before the big day, she was accepted, but was told she wouldn't be starting until the following year, which gave us plenty of time for a honeymoon.

We attempted book everything ourselves, but with the wedding quickly approaching, and it being only a few weeks from the travel date, we didn't have the time, energy, or expertise to plan anything. We were beginning to think that we may not have a honeymoon at all.

Then we contacted Lisa Zwissler from Beach Bum Vacations. She miraculously organized the greatest trip of our lives in less than 24 hours. Despite Hawaii being 6 timezones away, Lisa was able to coordinate everything seamlessly. We literally didn't have to worry about anything while we were there.

The best part - Lisa knew the staff at our resort, Turtle Bay, and was able to get us the most amazing room we'd ever seen with an even more amazing view. I wish I could go into more detail, but no matter what I write, it won't even come close to describing it.

As if she hadn't already done more than enough, Lisa sent us complimentary room service and a card and congratulating us on our new marriage.

I can undoubtedly say that we would not have had the sublime experience we did if it weren't for Lisa.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Paige · Married on 07/11/2015

Lisa was absolutely awesome to work with! She made planning our honeymoon such an easy process during the wedding planning craziness. She knew exactly what we wanted and worked with us to make sure we got the dream vacation we wanted. Lisa was recommended to us and I would recommend her to anyone wanting an awesome vacation, whether that be for family or honeymoon!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 07/11/2015

After searching for travel agents in the area, we become pretty frustrated about our honeymoon. Luckily, beach bums was there to help. Lisa asked all the right questions and created several options for us to choose from. She took into account all of our wants and needs and crafted a great experience. We will be using beach bums from now on for all of our travels.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/10/2015

Beach Bum Erica was our travel agent and other than the groom and having a DW she was my best wedding decision I made! She helped me from picking the perfect location and resort to booking the 70 guests that attended. I got so many compliments from my guests that she made booking a breeze, great to work with and quickly answered any questions or concerns they had. As a bride, I felt like I had another wedding planner's help. She went above and beyond to ensure everything would go smoothly and it did! She was always quick to respond to my emails and even stepped in when communication with the resort became super slow. Erica was amazing and cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Nwamaka · Married on 06/13/2015

I felt like Melissa from beach Bum was MY very own travel agent. I will only be able to use her because she caters to her clients so well! Thank you for making our honeymoon everything we could have ever dreamed up and within our budget!!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Mikki · Married on 06/06/2015

Beach Bum Lisa help us plan our honeymoon to Jamaica. She was wonderful. I came across her name in reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Within 30 minutes of my initial email to her, she called me to discuss how she could help. She was very easy to talk to. Lisa took time to learn about my husband and I so she could better understand what resort would be best for us. With our hectic work schedules, the dates of our honeymoon changed a few times during the planning stages. Each time I changed the dates, she just took it in stride like it was no big deal at all. Between the time we confirmed the reservations and actually left for our honeymoon, anytime I had questions, she responded quickly with details answers. Luckily, our trip went off without a hitch but I felt confident that if I had any problems, she would have been there to walk me through any issues I had. I highly recommend Lisa and we definitely plan to use Lisa in the future.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Nadia · Married on 05/16/2015

I've worked with Beach Bum Vacations in the past. This time we used Jaimi as our agent. She was amazing! So nice and easy to talk to. We booked a girls trip for my 30th birthday. We had a group of 9 girls including myself. We had so many questions and Jaimi was knew the answers to all of them. Anytime we had a question, we got a response in less than 24 hours, sometimes within the hour depending on the time of day. Our trip was very affordable and we spent less with Beach Bum than we probably would with another agency or booking ourselves. We had two girls cancel their trip a few months before we left for Mexico. Jaimi was there for me when I was stressing out about finding two more girls to join --- thankfully I was able to fill those spots. We had a GREAT time on our trip and I thank Jaimi for making it happen. I will definitely recommend her and the other beach bums to our family and friends. Can't wait to plan another trip!

Beach Bum Vacation 6
    Sent on 08/12/2018

Liz · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I reached out to Jaimi Smith with Beach Bum Vacations before planning our destination wedding to Playa del Carmen. We had a longer engagement (18+ months) and wanted to make sure that we took the due diligence to make the proper location selection.
    Jaimi was instrumental in helping us in the initial selection process. She never pushed us one way or another, but really worked to first understand what WE wanted in a venue. Our selection of the Playacar Palace resort ended up being the fundamental best decision about the details for our wedding. We had over 80 guests at the resort with us for our wedding, and everyone loved the place. It was exactly what fit our group. Without Jaimi's expertise, we would have been lost.
    Beyond the venue selection, she displayed impeccable professionalism throughout the entire 18+ month long planning process. It's clear she maintains very strong relationships in the Riviera Maya, and was able to help us navigate the communications and negotiations with the resort and other key aspects of the wedding.
    Words can not describe how happy and fully satisfied we were with our experience working with Jaimi. We look forward to working with her in the future as we plan more travel to the Riviera Maya area. If you are looking for a superior ally to help with a destination wedding from afar, Jaimi (Beach Bum Vacation) is the right pick!

Sent on 06/20/2015

We worked with Deborah for our destination wedding at Beach Palace in Cancun. Best decision we could have made in our planning process. She was great to work with and really helped put my mind on ease about a lot of communication issues that came up with the resort.

We LOVED our resort but there sometimes some language barriers and lack of response to questions we had. Deborah stayed on top of all my communication with the resort and made sure I always had my questions answered. Honestly, I assumed the travel agents role was just to help us book our rooms and make sure our guests were part of our room block but she did SO much more then that.

Deborah was also able to actually attend our welcome dinner and ceremony/reception. She put up with a lot of my more "difficult" friend so they were all so excited to meet her in person :) She was also a HUGE help for us with my husband's family. His mother and brother both have special needs so we needed some exceptions made and required additional assistance. She really went above and beyond here and it was so greatly appreciated. We had about 70 guests and they all worked with Deborah -- from answering wardrobe questions for my dad or helping our procrastinator friends book their flights she was our cancun lifeline!

We will definitely be using Deborah as we travel in the future as will hopefully a lot of our guests! Thank you :)

Sent on 05/25/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2015

We just recently returned from our honeymoon and had an excellent, top-notch experience and we really owe this to Justin at Beach Bum. He was very helpful with us from the get go- which ended up being just a couple months before our wedding/honeymoon...we delayed on getting something booked. Justin arranged all of our reservations AND airport transfers as well to/from the resort. It was very helpful having Justin guide us throughout the process and gave us multiple locations and price points for our budget that we provided to him. We highly recommend working with Justin at Beach Bum and cannot wait to start contacting him to help us with our next trip!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Katy · Married on 04/17/2015

We went through Beach Bum Vacations to book our destination wedding in Cancun and had Jayne Revell as our travel agent, who was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. We had guests coming from both Canada and the US and she worked with everyone seamlessly even though I am sure it was a pain to keep us all straight at times! All of our guests commented on how wonderful she was to work with and I felt completely taken care of at all times, even when we had some hiccups with guests. She even helped me in communicating with the resort on wedding-related things, which she did not need to do at all! I would book again with her and/or Beach Bum in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Elise · Married on 04/11/2015

When I started to plan my wedding I knew we wanted to have a destination wedding in Mexico and had El Dorado Royale in mind for the resort we wanted to have our wedding at!

It turned out that one of my bridesmaids cousins had gotten married there so I asked her if she used a travel agent and she said yes, she used Lisa at Beach Bum Vacation. I contacted Lisa really late at night and expected her to get back to me the next morning. Well Lisa, got back to me within the hour at a really ridiculous time of the night and gave me tons of information and a questionnaire to make sure the resort was everything we wanted. Within a week we had our wedding date secured, a save the date email sent to our guests that she prepared for us with the rates for our resort and everything was in the works.

From that point on the guests contacted Lisa (for no cost to us) and she took care of all their travel plans for us! Lisa was amazing to work with. She dealt with some pushy guests, cancellations, last minute bookings, and never missed a beat. She checked in with us to make sure we had everything we needed frequently. She sent all of our guests little packets and cool travel bags with all the information we would need to check in at our resorts!

When we arrived at the resort we were upgraded to the Casitas section along with both of our parents for free thanks to Lisa. Oh and I forgot to mention, Lisa got me a free nail appointment, a free makeup and hair rehearsal, and a free day of the wedding makeup and hair appointment, 20% off all of our food and drink for the reception and prob a million other little things I am forgetting! Talk about customer service!

All of our guests raved about working with Lisa! One even thinks she will use Lisa when she gets engaged. I know we will be using her for any and all of our future vacations!

Sent on 04/22/2015

My husband and I planned our destination wedding in Punta Cana with the help of travel agent Sarah from beach bum vacations. She was so helpful, sweet, and informative! if you need any help planning a future vacation I would recommend her!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Carey has been EXTREMELY patient with me over the past couple of months. We were undecided for the longest time of where we wanted to go or if we wanted a destination versus a cruise. Carey (and Beach Bum) was the only provider that didn't hound me constantly and gave me space when I told her I was still unsure if I could even afford it. She has spent an enormous amount of time emailing back and forth as well as phone calls answering every question I have had. I don't think I could say enough great things about her and how thankful I was that she stuck with me. :)

Sent on 03/18/2015

Beach Bum Vacation's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Beach Bum Vacation’s services, & for your kind words! I really enjoyed reading your comments. I’m very proud of our Beach Bum Team & will definitely share your feedback. We hope that you will continue to travel on many Beach Bum Vacations so that we may once again exceed your expectations! Sunshine & Smiles, Hayley Whorrall/Founder & CEO Beach Bum Vacation Inc.

Heather · Married on 03/06/2015

I recently got married at El Dorado Royale Casitas and I am so beyond happy that Beach Bum Steve made this awesome recommendation to me. My wedding and honey were more perfect then I could have even imagined. Steve made all of the arrangements so easy for us and our 6 guests. Everything went flawlessly and as planned. I really had nothing ot worry about, He was great communicating with us and our guests and always was prompt with his responses. We will never travel again with out Steve!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Crystal · Married on 02/25/2015

We used Jayne with Beach Bum Vacations and she was a pleasure to deal with! She took great care of us! She's friendly, helpful and very professional. Any questions we had she responded to quickly and always got us an answer. She made planning our trip effortless and we'd definitely use her again and we highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Beach Bum Vacation's reply:

Definitely the best. Love love their services

Sent on 03/15/2017

Michelle · Married on 12/12/2014

My Husband and I went to Jamaica on our honeymoon. It was AMAZING and we used Beach Bum Lisa with Beach Bum Vacation to plan it. Lisa found the perfect location for us and it had everything we wanted in a honeymoon destination. She also recommended a few excursions for us that we did on our trip and we LOVED them. Beach Bum Vacation made our honeymoon planning so easy. We will definitely use them to plan our next vacation. I highly recommend using Beach Bum Vacation and Lisa Zwissler to book your next vacation. They truly know how to customize the perfect trip for each client.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Christine · Married on 10/11/2014

Lisa is AMAZING!

With all the wedding details and planning To-Do List, the one thing that I didn't have to worry about was planning our honeymoon. Lisa took care of it all! After a quick survey to find out what type of honeymoon we were looking to experience, Lisa gave us concise and affordable options to choose from. No pressure added for the priciest vacation, either! She gave honest recommendations with very prompt responses to our emails and calls. After selecting our honeymoon experience, she took care of all the booking, travel, and coordination, and sent us ALL the details, including who to contact in case of emergency while abroad! My now husband and I were so pleased with her help coordinating our travel that we are now planning a trip to Spain - with Lisa, of course!!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Andrea · Married on 02/15/2014

We were lucky enough to be the first wedding at a new 5 star resort thanks to our amazing travel agents, Robert and Hayley Whorrall of Beach Bum Vacation. My husband, Ben and I had booked our destination wedding about seven months in advance at a different resort. Two weeks before we left, we found out from Hayley that the resort announced it would be closing and the reviews reflected that. As a bride with two weeks ago, I panicked! Trusting Hayley completely as she and Robert told us how stunning this new 5 star resort would be, I began to feel excited and lucky to be their first bride and groom! She made the change absolutely flawless for our 52 guests, and took care of everything for us without complaining about switching 52 people with less than a week and a half. Did conference calls after hours with my mom, husband and wedding planners, and made sure everything was taken care of before we left. Honestly don't know what I would have done without her!!! I arrived the Tuesday before our Saturday ceremony with my family and was met by Robert Whorrall of Beach Bum, and a beautiful stretch hummer limo thanks to Lomas Travel. Within minutes we were taken to Generations Riviera Maya, by Karisma. We walked in and it took my breath away. The plush greenery, the warm smiling staff, and lots of champagne-it was then I realized how truly lucky we were! We were then checked in and got to see our rooms! Rooms does not do this beautiful resort justice!! They are like apartments! Immaculately clean, fresh flowers all over, and a view that I didn't believe was real. All of our 52 guests were extremely happy with their rooms, the staff and the beauty that surrounded us. However that is not all that made our experience one we will never forget! It was the amazing love and VIP status that Beach Bum had prearranged for us. I will NEVER use anyone other than Beach Bum Vacation again-they truly went above and beyond!! Thank you from the happiest bride ever!! :)

Sent on 03/12/2014

Kara · Married on 11/10/2013

I worked with Lisa to plan my destination wedding. She helped me find a location and deal with the hotel. I couldn't have done it without her! We had a great wedding and so much fun!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Laura · Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I used Beach Bum Kathy to plan our destination wedding, and she was amazing! Always took care of everything, made suggestions without being pushy, and always made me feel like she really cared about my wedding! Our wedding in Cancun was fantastic thanks to all her help in planning. We had airline issues and missed our connecting flight to Cancun, and she made hotel arrangements for us, called our resort, and started our travel insurance claims. She was on top of everything - and she is always available to help! I will be using Kathy at Beach Bum whenever I need to set up a vacation!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Kathy · Married on 11/02/2013

Hayley helped us tremendously to give our son and daughter in law the honeymoon of their dreams! Everything was perfect for them as they had a 7 day stay at Sandals Antigua. I was given a lot of misinformation from a previous travel agent and picked Hayley based on a review on wedding wire. She was terrific in giving us all of our options. My son and daughter in law were so happy with everything. Hayley really knows her stuff and I would trust her with any future trips also. Thanks again wedding wire and Hayley.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Beach Bum Vacation's reply:

Thank you Kathy for the kind words! It was a pleasure planning your son and daughter in laws honeymoon. Thank you so much for the opportunity to do so.
    I look forward to working with you again in the future! - Beach Bum Hayley :-)