Be Wed By Fred Reviews

Be Wed By Fred 6
Be Wed By Fred 7
  • Kiersten

Kiersten Holder · Married on 08/23/2019

Attentiveness to detail was outstanding

Fred put my husband and myself totally at ease. He spent time listening to us and was always in our corner as we navigated coordinating a wedding. He is thoughtful and kind, and our day wouldn’t have been as perfect without Fred. We couldn’t recommend him any more highly!!!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 07/27/2019

Fred the magnificent!

Finding an officiant from a huge pool on wedding wire was daunting. But, after meeting Fred we knew he was the perfect fit. He put us at ease and made the process simple and easy! He lived up to all the great reviews and really exceeded our expectations. He was easy to get in contact with, and gave us plenty of options and examples for the ceremony. He made me feel super prepared at the rehearsal by going through everything with detail and organization (including how to stand and hold my flowers so I would look great in pictures!!) When it came to the day, Fred was there to make sure everything went smoothly before the ceremony. He came with a bag of tricks with everything needed for emergencies. He even made a perfect makeshift boutonnière complete with ribbon and pin for my dad after we realized one was missing! People raved about “our story” that he wrote for us. After the ceremony he stayed to help organize family for pictures and really kept everything together for us. If you want a person with experience that will leave you with only the happiest memories go for Fred! Thanks for going above and beyond.

Liz & Gui

Sent on 08/25/2019
    Be Wed By Fred 8
    Be Wed By Fred 9
    Be Wed By Fred 10
  • sarah

sarah · Married on 06/29/2019

Best Officiant Ever.

Where to begin? Fred may have been the most unexpectedly amazing part of this wedding.

First, we live in Florida so were unable to meet him in person--he was easy to reach and we had a Skype conversation. We chose Fred because he took the time to get to know us and gave us so many options for the wedding ceremony. Many other vendors sent us 1-2 sample ceremonies that were your typical, run of the mill, ceremony. Fred shared so many different options and we ended up doing a handfasting ceremony which I had not heard of until he introduced it us.

Fred insisted we have a rehearsal since we have 14 people in the wedding party--a very good decision. It's a chatty group but he really took charge and made my life easy. At the dinner, he went so far as to organize the speeches and put champagne at our sears--none of which were his responsibility!

The wedding ceremony was perfect and he gave a little story about Alex and I which personalized the moment. He also had bobby pins to keep my veil intact. At the reception, Fred continued to help us--he was like another wedding coordinator! Someone spilt on the dance floor and he stood there making sure no one slipped. Business aside, he was social and fun and felt like part of the group--everyone loved him!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Brittany M. Dusza · Married on 06/09/2019

You Can Count on Fred!

Fred was highly recommended by our venue The Heritage Hotel to be our officiant! My husband and I truly lucked out and found a gem! Fred was simply amazing! He walked us through all the options for our ceremony and was always available to answer our questions! He checked in regularly as well. We did not realize all the responsibilities that the officiant is responsible for a wedding! With Fred, we did not have to worry about one thing! He was extremely professional and prepared! Fred has over 30 years of experience and you can trust that your special day with be magical! You can count on Fred!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Be Wed By Fred 11
    Be Wed By Fred 12
    Be Wed By Fred 13

Be Wed By Fred's reply:

Britt & Gary, it was so much fun getting to know the 2 of you and crafting your custom ceremony. Your family and friends were a delight, although I did think your Maid of Honor was going to pass out during the rehearsal! Glad she was better by your big day. :-)
    Looking forward to hearing about your 10, and 25 year anniversaries!
    Warm regards,
    Fred
  • Skyler

Skyler · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolute Best!

Fred is an AMAZING person with such a wonderful sense of humor. He truly made our ceremony unique and fun! He went above and beyond! We were completely comfortable with him from the very first meeting. He has a wonderful vibe and soul. You know he loves what he does and cares about making your day 100%.
    Any questions, concerns or mishaps were handled with professionalism and care. He went over everything ahead of time with us, and helped us throughout the planning process and the day of. He helped with everything from making sure the photographers could get optimal shots with the best views (and holding our beers for photos) to putting out desserts and gathering the crowd.
    By the end of it all he is more than a JP, he is a friend. Everyone loved him! You can't find better than Fred!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Be Wed By Fred 14

Be Wed By Fred's reply:

Sky, thank you for an amazing couple of days. The rehearsal with your family and the ceremony day with friends and family were awesome! Your attitude, relaxed natures, and senses of humor helped make my "job" so much easier. I am sure I had at least as much fun as your guests. Definitely made new friends...the Puffers!

Kaila · Married on 11/03/2018

He. Is. Amazing.

Listen to everyone else on here and book Fred! He was AMAZING! There's nothing I can say that everyone else hasn't already said. I think I was the most worried about the ceremony because I wanted it to be meaningful but not stuffy. he knows exactly how to create your vision, even when I didn't totally know what that vision was. One you book him you get a ton of example vows, readings, ceremony layouts, additional things you can do which was exactly what I needed. I was able to go through everything he sent along with all the questions he asked us and create something I'll remember forever. He was very attentive through email and Beginning with the rehearsal the day before he was prepared for any and EVERYTHING! He had the little hot hands for every girl to hold during pictures (it was November 3rd and a little chilly), he was able to direct people around, he bustled my dress, he ran and got me drinks from the bar when mine was empty! His knowledge is SO evident during the rehearsal. He taught us how to hold the flowers, how to hold hands, where we should be facing and looking. He knows exactly what the photographer will be doing/what pics she will try to get so he gives some really good tips and tricks to be aware of. Honestly don't even look at anyone else, he is amazing and a good price too.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Be Wed By Fred's reply:

Kaila, thank you for your very kind words. I had so much fun getting to know you both and working with you to create

Michaela · Married on 09/29/2018

Fred was so great with everything on our wedding and leading up to it. He is extremely thorough and organized, he walked us through the entire process, and we are so lucky that he was able to perform our wedding ceremony. He was able to help us the day of with organizing our family members and creating a very memorable experience. When we think back on our wedding, we will have great memories thanks to Fred. If you are lucky enough to book him for your ceremony, you will be overjoyed with the outcome.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

Fred was the officiant for our wedding on 9/22/18 at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven, CT and we were very satisfied with his work. Our first meeting with Fred was at NoRa cupcakes in Middletown where we chatted for about 2 hours. He explained in great detail the various options for our ceremony, and also took very detailed notes about our story and relationship. It was immediately clear how professional Fred is and how seriously he takes his role as officiant. He is thorough as can be and super friendly. He also offered complete flexibility for the ceremony. We really were able to do whatever our hearts desired. We hired Fred on the spot after our first meeting. Between hiring and wedding you can really have as much or as little communication with Fred as necessary. At the rehearsal, he mapped out every last detail for ourselves and the wedding party which led to an incredibly smooth ceremony on the wedding day. When the big moment came, he delivered all of his parts excellently and made for a sentimental, funny, and efficient ceremony, all packed into a short 15 or so minutes. If you are looking for an officiant who leaves no stone unturned, offers great flexibility, and is professional as can be, Fred is the guy for you!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Sharon · Married on 07/14/2018

Our marriage ceremony was held on July 14, 2018, at Water's Edge in Westbrook, CT. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!! We were Wed by Fred Harger. Fred is the consummate professional and provided exceptional service. We feel honored to be Wed by Fred. He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable as we discovered in our consultation. He is warm, friendly, and provides ceremonial facts of marriage, as well as each type of ceremony to choose from. What we didn't realize is that Fred possesses a wealth of additional wedding knowledge and comes prepared to assist not only as an officiant, but as an assistant in any capacity that he can.,Fred came prepared to our rehearsal and brought extra viles of sand for our wedding sand ceremony, should we need them. He assisted me with a tie/loop for my wristband to my gown when no one else knew what the loop was for. He offered to assist my maid of honor as she had some difficulty with the bustle and even brought band-aids for those women who might need one after being all day on their feet.
    Fred performed our ceremony beautifully!! And it was he who had come up with the wonderful idea of having my, now husband and I kiss in the center of a garden sprinkled with rose petals and have our attendees throw petals in the air What beautiful pictures we have as the petals rained on us both. He helped to create moments thatwill last a lifetime.
    As you can see, we highly recommend Fred for officiating weddings and in closing, he is amazing. The Amazing Fred Harger.
    Kindest Regards,
    Mr. & Mrs. Steven Merzigian

Sent on 07/27/2018

Be Wed By Fred's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure and an honor to be with you both and share in your special day. My very best wishes for you both.

Bill · Married on 07/04/2018

We chose Fred to officiate our wedding and were VERY happy we did so.
    Fred was extremely organized, professional, and friendly. We wanted someone who was easy, and Fred delivered. On our initial meeting, Fred took the time to explain the pocess and helped us to tailor a ceremony that best suited us. Our advice to anyone looking for a calm and experienced JP for their wedding is to book Fred. Thanks again Fred!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Be Wed By Fred's reply:

Bill, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day. My best wishes for you both for many happy years together.
    Fred

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2018

Fred was amazing! He was well prepared and completely professional! We highly recommend him for any newly engaged couple looking to have an awesome wedding experience! Thank you for everything, Fred!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Michael · Married on 05/05/2018

We had a very enjoyable time working with Fred. He turned out to be much more than our event officiant. He was a great guide when it came to architecting our overall ceremony, offering suggestions on symbolic acts we could include and providing us with a very helpful dossier of potential readings and vows. On the day of the event, he proactively sought out the DJ and venue staff to help orchestrate all the moving parts of the ceremony. And the ceremony itself was conducted very smoothly. Perhaps what surprised and impressed me most was Fred's continuing engagement after the ceremony. He was on hand to help shepherd our guests into their group photos, even holding their drinks for them. And he was a convivial and engaging guest throughout the dinner hour. We were very pleased with - and grateful for - Fred's role in making our ceremony run smoothly and for helping to make our wedding such a memorable and meaningful day.

Sent on 05/31/2018

christa · Married on 09/16/2017

Fred was great! We are so happy we found him. His personality was just what we were looking for. He was extremely professional, very helpful in giving us guidance leading up to the wedding, and when he arrived he went above and beyond to help with our special day. We're glad we were Wed by Fred!

Sent on 09/20/2017
  • W

Wesley · Married on 09/09/2017

Fred went above and beyond the call of duty for us and our wedding! Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2017

Fred just recently performed our ceremony, and we can't say enough good things. We have had countless wedding guests and family members say how much they thoroughly enjoyed the content that he built in to our ceremony, and that this was the best wedding they had been to in some time. We wanted both humor and sentiment, and he brought just that in a fun and engaging way.

The attention to detail that went in to creating our ceremony was wonderful, and we truly felt like we got to design the a ceremony that was custom made for us. A million thank yous for an unforgettable day!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Caroline · Married on 09/02/2017

Fred was so much more than just our officiant! Not only did he create a beautiful ceremony, he was incredibly organized and detailed. He helped us through the entire wedding weekend, from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner to our final send off. Fred made us feel comfortable and seamlessly walked us through the marriage license process. He was an instant hit with our family and friends who felt like they had known him forever by the end of the wedding weekend. I can't imagine how the weekend would have gone without him!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Randall · Married on 07/07/2017

As everyone knows there is a lot that goes into a wedding and with so much involved on your special day there are things that can and will go wrong. When it comes to hiring a justice of the peace if you want to check off one thing you WONT need to stress about then hire Wed by Fred! Not only did Fred execute a perfect ceremony he absolutely goes above and beyond his responsibilities to help make your day as stress free and enjoyable as possible. Fred helped keep everyone in order during pictures and introductions and was truly a pleasure to work with. We are so very thankful he officiated our special day! Thank you so much Fred! - Randy & Katie Mitchell

Sent on 07/09/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2017

I cannot say enough about Fred. I want to start, however, by saying that with him and his expertise you get so much more than a wedding ceremony. Fred was an enormous help on the day of our wedding and ensured that myself and my wife were happy and comfortable. He not only “wed” us, but also helped my brother tack up my dress after the ceremony! Fred is an absolutely wonderful JOP and also a fantastic human being. Many guests stated that our ceremony was the most beautiful and emotionally engaging they have ever witnessed, and I have to agree. This was large in part due to Fred and his crafting of the ceremony that was unique and true to myself and my wife as a couple. The heartfelt ceremony set the tone for the entire night. Lastly, you will be able to tell from your first meeting with Fred is that he truly cares and that speaks volumes. You will never be made to feel you are just another wedding or just another couple, Fred was attentive, thoughtful and always available for us. Thank you, Fred, for everything.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Kim · Married on 05/27/2017

FRED IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. HE IS THE BEST OFFICIANT OUT THERE. HE BENT OVER BACKWARDS to make us all feel comfortable, supported and loved. I had a 1 hour call with him to introduce myself, a 2 hour meeting in CT and then he came to our rehearsal of course and ran that like a pro! We then had rehearsal dinner which was fabulous, Fred was ensuring everyone was well fed, writing in our marriage advice cards and using the photobooth. On the wedding day he was beyond gracious kind and helpful. He wore a tux to fit with the black tie theme. He came prepped with a huge bag of lots of wedding related goodies and emergency items any bridal party could use! He was an absolute joy! My husband and I come from religious catholic and christian backgrounds and we wanted a ceremony outside under the sky that had a little bit of religion put in there, but not overly done since we are not super religious ourselves. Fred provided us with lots of ceremony guidance to have it be special! WE LOVE FRED!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Amy · Married on 05/13/2017

It was wonderful to work with Fred. He was absolutely fantastic and had our best interests in mind. From making sure I was warm to supplying the bridal party with hand and feet warmers! He strived to make our day extra special and was a great sport about everything! We have been bragging about him to all our friends and hope those we know will also Be Wed By Fred!! Thanks for making our day so special!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Ashton · Married on 03/11/2017

If we could give more than five stars to Fred, we would. Working with Fred for our Mystic Aquarium wedding was an enjoyable and truly personalized experience. We were nervous looking for someone we didn't already know to officiate our wedding. We filled out a form for Fred before the first meeting so that he could get to know a little bit about us. As soon as we met Fred, we knew he not only understood what we were looking for, but that he would also help us make the most memorable ceremony possible. We booked him immediately! Fred provided us with several different options for personalizing a ceremony. We sent him what we had culled together a month or two before the wedding, and he let us know it was great. He also sent us a form verifying the details of the rehearsal and the ceremony/reception. We are so glad that we had a rehearsal with Fred: he made sure everyone knew what they were doing, and allowed us to have fun in the process. Our friends and family raved about how cool and awesome he was just after the rehearsal dinner! On the big day, Fred arrived to the Aquarium about an hour early. He was truly amazing! He came prepared with his own emergency kit which ended up being a life saver as the girls' dresses stuck to their legs. Fred whipped out a bottle of Static Guard and sent the ladies down the aisle in perfect working order. Our ceremony itself went off without a hitch. After the ceremony, Fred didn't just disappear: he became another trusted person to turn to. He helped my Matron of Honor reconfigure my bustle as I kept tripping over it on the dance floor. He was always there when we needed him, going above and beyond anything we could have imagined or asked for. And again, our friends and family raved about how fantastic and personable Fred was! We are truly grateful for Fred's help in orchestrating the perfect wedding for us, and highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant who will feel like part of your family.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Meghan · Married on 10/30/2016

Fred was the J.P. for our wedding on 10/30/2016 and he was so great! He had so many unique and sentimental ceremony ideas that really made our wedding feel so special and different than other weddings we have been to. I would definitely recommend him! Thanks Fred!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Elisa · Married on 10/16/2016

Fred was AMAZING!!!! I don't even know where to start. From start to finish, Fred was efficient and organized. He explained the entire process to my family. He even explained to my father how to give me away. He made the ceremony so easy to follow. He spoke loud and clear so everyone was able to hear him. After the ceremony, he helped to direct with photographs and even made some fantastic suggestions to my photographers.

My sister, who has been married for 10 years was so impressed with him.

Fred even went so far as to help the bridal attendant bustle my dress because we were being announce.

It was truly a God send. Thank you Fred for making my day so wonderful.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Jory · Married on 10/15/2016

We had our wedding back in October of last year. We came across Fred on Wedding wire and decided to meet with him and see if he would be a good fit for our special day. From our initial meeting, till the sendoff at the end of our wedding night, Fred was the perfect fit. He is extremely personable, friendly, and knowledgeable about all things wedding, not just the ceremony. He went above and beyond. To be honest, Fred did more than our Maitre’D. He helped the whole wedding run smoothly from the ceremony through the reception; He far exceeded our wildest expectations. There was even a point where he ran up the hill to get a prop from our car that we needed for pictures that we were taking. My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Fred and give him our highest level of recommendation.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Be Wed By Fred's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. And thank you for allowing me to be a part of your very special day. It was a pleasure to meet your family and friends and see how much they enjoyed sharing in your joy. May you have many happy years together. Remember, I do Guide Parent Ceremonies! :-)

Mandy · Married on 09/25/2016

It was such a great pleasure to work with Fred. He made our ceremony more than what we had imagined it would be. Everything was beautifully said and he even went out of his way to incorperate something special to the ceremony that meant a lot to us!
    My family & friends loved him and enjoyed his company when we asked him to stay for reception. He was so helpful, and always making sure we were taken care of! Thank you Fred for helping to make our wedding a memorable day!

Mike & Mandy Carvalho