59 Reviews for BBQ Daddy Catering & Event Management

Vegan (1)
Open Bar (1)
Chairs (1)
49 BBQ Daddy Catering & Event Management Reviews

My experience working with Terry and his staff was fantastic! He was so professional and his staff was on top of all my needs for my weeding day to be perfect. The food was wonderful and guest could not get enough asking me up until a week after my wedding who the caterer was. I definitely enjoyed my experience and would recommend BBQ Daddy to anyone for any event.

Profile Picture Monecia, 8/25/18, 1 Review

Crisis averted!!!
It rained on our outdoor reception... so much of our plans to have a plated dinner were tossed out the window. Terry of BBQ Daddy handled the last minute change of plans without a hitch. He got everyone's attention and explained the new setup and dinner was served ON TIME, even with the massive weather hiccup. With help from our coordinator they even moved the head table for us and served us there, so we didn't have to stand in line.
The food was spectacular. The bacon-wrapped heaven balls (not real name) were phenomenal. So was the Mac-N-Cheese. I'm not a big fan of macNcheese, but this one was definitely worth it!
As bride and groom we both had the sirloin steaks, and they were perfectly cooked with amazing flavor.
To be honest we're already looking for excuses to hiring BBQ Daddy again; business mixer, after party....Tuesday... whatever. If you love BBQ but are worried about not looking fancy enough for your event, hire these guys.

Photo for BBQ Daddy Catering & Event Management Review - A good chef knows how to check for doneness.
Profile Picture Jolene, 3/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), BBQ

So responsive to menu questions, size of party changes. Seriously helped us plan our menu and portion sizes so we would be sure to order lots for all (and not too many leftovers). People told my husband that it was the best brisket they ever had. I had similar comments about the ribs. Personally I'm dreaming about that delicious mac and cheese. They arrived at the exact time they said they would. Loved that Terry got up in in front of the group and explained what was for dinner, how the service would work. So personable! Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Susan, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Terry and BBQ Daddy is amazing! His food is amazing, but he's also very professional and easy to work with. We had no idea how much food to order, and he guided us through that, but it never felt like he was trying to upsell us. His prices are very reasonable for the quantity and quality of food. He arrived early to the venue and got everything set up perfectly (we used them for dinnerware as well) with no issues. The service was very efficient, people weren't in line long at all. Our guests loved the food! People were having seconds (and thirds!) and raving about it all. The mac and cheese, corn bread, and meats were all a big hit. We had a bit leftover which we were allowed to take home in our containers. They cleaned up quickly, the expense of dinnerware was so worth the convenience of them bussing the tables for us. So happy we went with BBQ Daddy and would love to use him again!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: BBQ, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Regina and Terry made my day a success. Very warm and inviting. Very responsive to quesrions and changes. I would recommend BBQ Daddy to anyone.

Profile Picture LaKesha, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Open Bar, No Pork, Buffet, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, BBQ

Great food and great service. They did arrive a little late but had everything ready to go by the time we were ready to eat. Everyone at the wedding loved the food and how nice and professional the staff was. Terry was so easy to work with and a very nice guy. I'd recommend this company to anyone for any event.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/6/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: BBQ, Gluten Free, Tables, Buffet

I choose BBQ Daddy as my caterer completely based on reviews and not having tasted his food yet. I knew my event was in peak wedding season and the price was right and I jumped in and wrote my check to book him. A month or so later I attended a tasting event and was super relieved because it was SO GOOD. He travelled up to my wedding location in Payson, AZ. Set up was on time and efficient. There was more than food, there was service. He made a point of making a plate for my husband and I and made sure we were taken care of. And the guests LOVED it. Best leap of faith I made!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: BBQ, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Set Up

I would recommend this catering company to anyone that is looking for quality food, and excellent service. My experience (3/11/2017) with BBQ Daddy catering company is that they showed up on time, the appetizers was out and ready after the wedding ceremony (works well while the bridal party is taking pictures). It was a smooth transition over to the main wedding meal which was fresh, hot and very moist. The staff was very professional. The staff left the venue very clean. Let me also suggest that you also pay for and allow this company to bring the plates, glasses, utensils, and napkins. I took a verbal survey from the 200 guest and they "ALL" stated that the food was excellent! Some of the guest will be utilizing this catering company for there upcoming family events. Justin and Kayla Quarles

Profile Picture Justin, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I would tell them to book NOW! It was a pleasure to work with this company for our event. Thank you for helping us with our wedding.

Profile Picture D, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Terry and his team are incredible!!! My guests were all RAVING about the food and the team was so incredibly sweet!!! They served us first to make sure we had a chance to eat a little bit before we had to mingle and it meant so much to us as it was an incredibly busy night and we didn't have a ton of time to eat. They showed up on time to unpack and were completely organized and super generous with the portions for my guests. we loved the appetizers (THE BACON WAS AMAZING!!!). I will truly crave this food until we are able to throw another event in which we can hire Terry and his crew.

Profile Picture Theresa, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

The food was amazing and Terry was so personable and friendly. The fish and spicy sauce were so tasty!!! We live out of state so we were unable to do any face to face meetings or tastings ahead of time. We had to put our trust in Terry and he did not fail. Terry was quick to answer all my questions and structured our menu around our tastes and dietary needs. I highly recommend him, didn't have a single complaint. Oh, and he even did an ice cream bar for us which was a nice alternative to the traditional cake. Definitely give them a try.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Terry and Tiffany are a pleasure to work with. We met with them as our first step in the wedding planning process. I loved Tiffany's calm demeanor and immediately asked if she'd be our day of coordinator. She was so great in making sure we were aware of all steps in the process and making sure all of the vendors were on the same page when it came down to the final details.
Terry and BBQ Daddy team are amazing! They cook impeccable BBQ, from the killer bacon apps to the peach cobbler to finish the meal. The food was perfect for our summer camp location, we couldn't have had a better meal, or better service!

Profile Picture Nicki, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Terry, Tiffany and even the BBQ Daddy serving staff were all AMAZEBALLLLS. Terry (The BBQ Daddy) food was amazing. People were raving about the mac and cheese the entire night. I mean, everything was awesome but the mac was to die for. Tiffany was our wedding coordinator. She was cool, calm and collected through the entire process. I'm glad SHE was because I was "trying", not to be stressed. She was like a confident big sister that guided me and my husband through the entire process and I am sooooo glad she did because we thought we knew what we were doing but we had no idea how much work actually goes into planning a successful wedding. I was able to just show up, get married, eat, drink dance and eat again lol! They both kept open communication and I credit them for how amazing my wedding was. Organized and great food. Thank you Terry and Tiffany for your amazing job. Terry I'll be calling you soon for more of that mac and cheese!

Profile Picture Katherine, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Vegetarian

Terry was amazing! He was professional and helped us with selecting the perfect menu. The food was a huge hit at our rustic farmhouse wedding. Terry's staff was friendly and professional while serving the food.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/22/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

They were amazing! So easy to work with and Terry responded promptly to all of my emails. The value was great and the prices are very reasonable.

Our guests raved about the food, and really that is one of the biggest things guest remember. The bacon wrapped meatballs were a particularly huge hit! We had guest trying to figure out how they could horde them! A few of my guest were very bummed out there isn't a restaurant they could go to in the future.

The staff that worked our wedding were super friendly and handled everything quickly, discreetly and professionally. They made sure my husband and I ate, which based on the word of many of my friends was a challenge at their own weddings, so we really appreciated the foresight.

If you are looking for bbq I don't think you could find a better vendor to work with.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet

This catering service was amazing! I had my wedding in April and we had so many compliments on the great food.They have a great variety of food and I was having second servings instead of dancing during the night! We used their catering service and rented tables and chairs from them as well, no other vendor I reviewed could get close to the price and convenience. I called and emailed Terry and his team many times and was always taken care of. There were a few custom items I requested and Terry was always happy to make it work. Their customer service and professionalism was top notch. We didn't have to worry about anything day of the wedding. Can't wait to work with them again!

Profile Picture dani, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Terry was a breeze and pleasure to work with! He was always responsive, answered all of our questions, re-did our contract 3-4 times until it was exactly what we needed, worked well with our wedding coordinator, and was just overall fantastic.

The food was out of this world - our guests are still talking about it a month later! For the amount and quality of the food and full-service catering with wonderful serving staff, it's amazing how affordable their prices are. I highly recommend BBQ Daddy for any wedding or party needs - they were wonderful and the food is unbelievable!

Profile Picture Steph, 3/26/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Vegetarian

In a word -- delicious! My guests are still telling me how much they enjoyed the food at our wedding. Terry and his BBQ Daddy staff were great, a pleasure to work with, and a fantastic value. We loved the on-site grill! Thanks for your help and for making our BBQ Wedding such a hit!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 2/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Buffet, American, Southern

BBQ daddy is the best!!! We had them come to our house for a family get together to taste test food and everyone loved it. Our wedding was January 2016, an outdoor wedding!! Everything was to die for!! Our family and friends had nothing but great things to say!!! My husband and my food was brought to us to make sure we ate! Terri also saved some meatball appetizers for me from the cocktail hour and brought them over after I finished with photos! He made sure I had food before I had my grand entrance!! They helped make our day amazing!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 1/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

BBQ Daddy was great!! We had an outdoor wedding at my father's homestead property, and chose bbq to pull together our theme. We tried a sample at the Bridal Expo, and never looked back! Terry was great from start to finish, he was also able to take care of some rentals I needed, and was very flexible with my menu changes. We chose to add on-site grilling, and it really took things to the next level. The staff was professional and helped out clearing tables, and made sure my Husband and I had our meals first, PLUS a meal wrapped up to go. It was awesome having the to-go meal, as we weren't able to eat more than a bite on the wedding night. But the bites I had were AMAZING! The food was hot, perfectly cooked, and had that great fresh grilled smell. I would definitely choose The BBQ Daddy again in the future, they really helped make my wedding day a great day!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/7/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Vegetarian, Gluten Free, American, Buffet

We went with BBQ Daddy after tasting at a bridal show. Terry and his group showed up on time and prepared. Appetizers were served, and were quickly cleaned out. Dinner was Pulled Pork and Chicken. I recommend both. We also had the Macaroni and Cheese for the kids. Everything was delicious and well prepared. The staff were all very friendly and professional. They maintained the highest level of cleanliness, which was not easy considering the venue was a regional park. I will definitely use their services for other events that will be catered. Everyone still raves about the food at my wedding!

Profile Picture Kristine, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Gluten Free
1.2

Do not book with them. There are so many catering companies that have delicious food, why settle with one that has horrible customer service? We booked our October wedding with them. Terry was very nice until we signed the contract. After that, he did not respond to my email. He told us we would be able to do our tasting at the bridal show. We confirmed with him that we would do it then. We show up to the bridal show and there was only pulled pork to sample. After we brought this up with him, he suggested that he did not say that we could do our tasting there. I brought up the email on the phone and he got extremely defensive.

Fast forward to our wedding, they arrived an hour late from the time that was on our CONTRACT. They pulled up screeching during the middle of our outdoors CEREMONY. Our food was also served AN HOUR LATE. Then, even though we had discussed with them the night before doing a trivia game to call up tables to the buffet(Terry actually was the one that suggested this), they did not do this when the time came. Thankfully, our awesome officiant jumped in to do it for us.

After the wedding, I called Terry to thank him for the food because I am a polite person. Then I mentioned how they showed up late and didn't apologize, he became extremely defensive again. We unfortunately never received an apology, only insults over the phone. It wasn't until I sent him the contract again after this phone call that he apologized for showing up late via a rude email.

Two months later, I left a review on their facebook page because I honestly believe other brides should know about both good and bad experiences. The review was deleted promptly and I was sent a NASTY email and facebook message from Terry threatening to be sued if I leave another review.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6754098, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

This review is long past due and for that I apologize as this caterer needs to commended for his home grown company. BBQ Daddy's ability to provide personalized catering for our daughter's wedding was much more than we'd expected. The wedding venue was held in the White Mountains of Arizona, with and outside wedding venue. Terry and his beautiful wife, personally catered the reception, and did so in a warm and professional manner. We loved the ability to pick and chose from his menu, as well as the ability to add any extra supplies needed, such as, ceramic place settings, champagne glasses, tables for serving, etc. And how was the food??? It was OUTSTANDING. The wedding guests raved about the food, with statements such as "This was the best food I've ever been served at a wedding reception!" and "The ribs were to die for!" BBQ Daddy provided table settings, sett the tables for us, provided food service, cleaned up afterwards for us, and also stayed to serve the champagne toast. Because they provided so much food per serving, BBQ Daddy also provided storage for us to keep the left over food, which we enjoyed as an additional treat later. Our sincere thanks to Terry and his wife for supporting and adding to our daughter's perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Trish, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our wedding food was sooooo amazing!! Being African American we are serious about our BBQ and Soul food and BBQ daddy was on point! Staff was exceptional, attentive, and so kind. To have BBQ at a wedding they made it very classy; )
Terry always made himself available throughout the menu planning and was totally flexible and affordable. I will be recommending him to my office for catering events and anyone I know who loves BBQ!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Stations, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Southern, No Pork, Vegetarian

Where do I begin....Terry and his staff did an AMAZING job our wedding. From the moment we booked BBQ Daddy, Terry was very helpful with details and getting situated with our wedding location. We never had a taste testing with BBQ Daddy but from the reviews we know it would be awesome and it was!!! The food was delicious and our guest enjoy every item. We got great compliments back from our guest and vendors. I highly recommend BBQ Daddy for your next event as well will keep them in mind for our future events. Thank you Terry!!

Profile Picture Rochelle, 7/18/15, 1 Review