Bayou Bluegrass Catering Reviews

21 Reviews for Bayou Bluegrass Catering

• Sarah

Sarah Goodwin · Getting married on 12/21/2019

Amazing food!

Very professional and sets everything up for us. They are even making our plate first just to make sure we get to eat!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Sara Early · Married on 08/03/2019

Wedding Reception

Everything went smoothly and we continue to receive compliments on the food at our reception. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Adam

Adam Timaji · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing Top to Bottom!

We set up meetings with a few caterers in the area. One of them we knew would be a tasting that we were charged over $100 for. It was okay, if not a bit stodgy, and they didn't even let us keep any of the food. Our meeting with Bayou Bluegrass was just supposed to be a sit-down to talk through initial details and needs, and instantly Shanna made us comfortable and gained our trust without even trying. She was so relaxed and knew exactly where we were coming from for everything, and her confidence was unbelievably comforting. Not only that, she even let us taste some of the dishes they were making back in the kitchen that afternoon, and everything was absolutely delicious. The mac'n'cheese was so good that we decided to do an entire mac'n'cheese station at our reception and it was a smash hit. All of the food was delicious and timely and the right temperature, and Shanna was on top of everything. We didn't have to worry about a single thing on the day of, and even in the months leading up she answered all our questions promptly and changed our proposal a thousand times without complaining, which she definitely had every right to do given how many emails we sent. She was amazing, the food was amazing, and it was still less expensive than the place that charged us for the sub-par tasting. All around a wonderful experience!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Elena

Elena Yoch · Married on 05/17/2019

Beautiful Kentucky Wedding

We worked with Shanna and no words can express how amazing she was to help with LITERALLY every question that my family and I had. She is extremely good at her job! Also, the food was glorious! All of our guests loved it. We had the fried chicken, Brussels sprouts, Mac and cheese, and pulled pork! I recommend all of those!!! You can go wrong with this place!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Courtney · Married on 01/20/2019

Easy to work with and the food tastes great!

We had such a good experience planning from out-of-state with Shanna. She was able to meet with us in the few days we were actually in town. At our wedding, the food was fantastic - we had a shrimp and grits, brisket, and green beans buffet. We had several people attending, including my husband, with Celiac disease, and they were able to eat everything on the buffet.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Denise · Married on 04/28/2018

We loved working with Bayou Bluegrass for our daughter's wedding! From start to finish, Shanna provided wonderful advice and was very responsive to all of our questions. Our guests raved about the delicious food and friendly servers!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Jordan · Married on 09/30/2017

We had such a great experience with Bayou Bluegrass! Our guests are still talking about how great the food was! Shanna was so helpful from the very beginning to make sure our day was perfect. Thanks again!!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Caitlyn · Married on 06/03/2017

ERIN MADE MY WEDDING! The food was great, they worked with me on EVERYTHING, and the make sure your day runs smoothly. I am so thankful I used them! Erin recommended vendors for me to use and was so helpful with answering questions for me until the day of the event. She was present for the whole process and I could not have achieved what I did without her!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Anna · Married on 06/03/2017

Bayou Bluegrass was a dream to work with. They were extremely professional and willing to work with us and fit our budget every step of the way; plus, their food was phenomenal—they were such a hit at our reception! Thanks, Bayou Bluegrass!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/06/2017

Two words: mashed potatoes.

You can't go wrong with Bayou and Bluegrass catering. They did such a fantastic job with our buffet-style wedding dinner. The flavors tasted familiar, yet were delicious and displayed elegantly, considering the menu was more comfort-based. Our guests were VERY complimentary of the food (BBQ chicken, panko-crusted chicken with salad, ranch dressing and balsamic vinaigrette, carrots, mashed potatoes, and green beans), which was most important to us!

Speaking in terms of responsiveness, my mother was able to directly communicate with the chef before finalizing the menu. Bayou and Bluegrass also sliced and plated our cake gratis! Sometimes it may feel like you're nickel and dimed for every little service, but Bayou and Bluegrass was very affordable, flexible, reasonable and (most importantly) delicious! I highly recommend a tasting to see for yourself.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Jena · Married on 12/05/2015

I had my reception at the Round Barn at Red Mile, catered with Bayou Bluegrass. Everything turned out AMAZING.

We worked with Shanna Combs to plan everything. She was super flexible and responsive. We changed things on her a million times during the course of the planning and she didn't bat an eye, and took everything in stride. Whenever we wanted to take a last-minute peek at the Round Barn to let my photographer see it, she catered to our needs and let us in and gave us all last-minute reassurances about small details. They also did a fabulous job decorating, and we loved "borrowing" their holiday decorations. It was a perfect, wintery touch!

During the reception, I was exceptionally pleased. We received tons of complements on the food (lots of people went back for seconds). They also made sure to save plenty of food for my husband and I, which we definitely appreciated! As the bride, I was catered to the whole evening by their staff (they were great about asking me if I needed anything during the evening!) and Erin, the main point-of-contact during the event, was so nice.

I received so many compliments about the whole evening. All of the vendors worked so well together and the Round Barn is such a charming venue - it's really hard to go wrong. I won't like, it was expensive and we ended up spending way more than we originally planned, but it was 100% worth every penny, especially if you have a larger wedding like ours! (We had 220+ people). I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Julie · Married on 11/08/2014

The Red Mile Round Barn was a gorgeous place to have my reception!! The on-site caterer, Bayou Bluegrass Catering, was phenomenal- we had a pig roast that my guests are still raving about! It was truly delicious. They also worked with us to get my favorite varieties of craft beer. The round barn is a wonderful blank canvas- it can be draped and decorated however you prefer- there's plenty of opportunity for personal, decorative touches, but it's simplicity is beautiful as well if that's what you prefer. The highest recommendations!

Sent on 11/24/2014
  • User2765072 · event on 10/12/2012

Our rehearsal dinner was hosted her on 10/12/12. It was a wonderful event - the venue is beautiful! The food was amazing as well - everyone raved over the chicken cordon bluegrass!

Sent on 11/11/2012
  • andreah

Andrea · Married on 12/31/2009

Everyone at my wedding raved about the food!!

Sent on 01/13/2010

Ann · Married on 08/08/2009

Working with Bayou Bluegrass Catering at the Red Mile was stress free. The food was absolutely delicious and I received a lot of compliments on their behalf from my guests.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Malori · Married on 07/26/2008

I have been to a few wedding in the past and to me the best part is the food, some food was good some was not so good. I am a super picky person. For my reception I wanted something southern and comforting. I am so glad that I decided to go with Bayou Bluegrass Catering, I was absolutely blown away by the food. I recieved so many compliments from my guests about how it was probably the best catering food that they had ever eaten. We had BBQ chicken and Beef Brisket (their signature entree) with mashed potatos, green beans and corn. YUMMY! The staff was super friendly, the owners worked with our budget to get us the best. I will definantely use them again for any catering services that I need

Sent on 08/19/2008

Tara · Married on 04/17/2010

Bayou Bluegrass helped my vision for my reception become a reality!! I have received many compliments on the food and the service was outstanding! I highly recommend having your event with them!! Don't miss out.

Sent on 02/10/2011

When we initially contracted with the Red Mile a year before the wedding they were in a state of transition with management so there were a few hic-ups at first. However having said that the results were perfect. We had the event at the historic round barn and the food was fantastic, the service excellent and the round barn was decorated beautifully. We were happy we made this the location for the wedding reception for my daughter and would recommend for anyone wanting a unique and beautiful location for a wedding.

Sent on 11/17/2014

One of the owners, Angie, was absolutely amazing! On the wedding day, she was there and available and really had things moving along smoothly. The venue is beautiful and has everything you could ask for. They are extremely busy, so they may not be able to respond to a phone call or an e-mail right away, but they are definitely worth it. The venue is an older location and has been around for awhile, so the furniture and decorations are not "new", but if you are looking for a great place for your guests to have a great time, have beautiful scenery, awesome food and really experience the Kentucky horse racing tradition, this is the place for you! We really had an amazing experience and it is all thanks to Angie and the staff at Bayou Bluegrass Catering.

Sent on 06/11/2013

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

I really enjoyed my wedding at the red mile, the food was good and everyone was helpful. The only thing I didn't like was how expensive it ended up being. They don't tell you before you put down a deposit about all the misc. fees and the huge service fee on top of the 2500$ just to reserve it and the cost of catering. It says that table linens are included but after being told the ones I chose were given to them by a previous bride, they charged me $50 for some reason to use them. It just seemed a little like they were nickel and diming and that added to the stress of planning a wedding. Also the servers were breaking down tables and decorations an hour before we were supposed to be finished and I felt rushed.
    But if you are ok with the price and are prepared to end up paying extra fees you didn't plan for, then I would recommend them.

Sent on 06/21/2013