Bay Deejays Reviews

106 | Nottingham, MD

106 Reviews for Bay Deejays

Marty · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful night!

Jason made my husband’s wedding and I amazing! He always responded to my questions quickly, helped select various songs, and gave us advice on how to have the best flow for our wedding. The dance floor was always full!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 08/25/2018

Responsive, experienced, and Diligent

We honestly could not have asked for a better experience with Baydeejays. From the beginning of the process, Jason made it as convenient as possible for us to meet up. After one meeting we knew that he was the DJ to go with. He is extremely professional, asks questions you didn’t even know you needed to look into, and was very open to our then half-baked vision. Closer to the wedding date we talked a few times - he always made himself available to chat. It was extremely easy to use the software he provides to lay out the timeline and choose our songs. He also worked with our unique Lebanese/American wedding timeline and music selection. I came to him with a list of Arabic songs that were vetted by my in-laws and he came with some of his own songs that he’d asked a friend about. My husband’s friends were extremely impressed. On the wedding day he did a phenomenal job, arrived early, had everything up and running, and moved through the program with ease. I would highly recommend Bay Deejays to any bride who wants to not have to have a single worry about programming or music on her wedding day.

Kathleen · Married on 07/07/2018

We can't say enough wonderful things about Jason and Bay Deejays! He made the entire planning process so simple with his easy to use website and friendly calls/emails. The day of the wedding, everything ran perfectly with his announcements and music! It was like he had known us forever with his music selection. All of our guests had so much fun and told us what an amazing deejay Jason is! The dance floor was packed the entire night! We can't thank him enough for making our reception so much fun

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

Jason did an awesome job! All my friends and family were dancing all night! Thank you so much for keeping the party going!

Susan Luchey · Married on 05/19/2018

Dancing the Night Away at the reception

Whn my daughter was planning her wedding last spring and told me that she and her finace had chosen Jason Walsh of BayDeejays as their DJ, I waw thrilled. Jason Dj'd her Sweet 16 Birthday Party 16 years ago, so it seemed just perfect that he would also be there to help create a party atmosphere on her wedding day. Jason is a consumate professional. He does what you want a DJ to do at a wedding- get the party started and keep it going with great music, making sure the flow of activities works smoothly, and does it all without stealing the limelight. I have been to some receptions where the DJ makes the event all about him (or her), rather than keeping the focus on the bride, groom wedding party and guests. He worked with my daughter and her fiance to make sure the music they wanted was played and the order of events was their choice. His music selection included the couple's favorites and also music that appealed to a wide age range so that all guests were enthused about making their way to the dance floor. I highly recommend BayDeeJays if you want a great party, a professional DJ at a reasonable price. Thanks, Jason!!

Amy · Married on 05/05/2018

Wedding - 5/19/18

I have worked with Jason for several events starting with my 16th birthday and leading up to my wedding. He is wonderful to work with and the wedding website provided through Bay Deejays made the whole process super simple. The day off our wedding, things did not get off to a timely start and Jason did a great job, once we got to the reception, of keeping things moving and keeping the dance floor packed!

Meredith · Married on 04/22/2018

Jason is awesome! He did an amazing job with music selection and keeping us on schedule at our wedding. Furthermore, he has so much experience with weddings he serves as a backup wedding coordinator. He was great to work with, responsive on email to any questions we had and made himself available for in-person meetings leading up to the big day. Couldn't recommend Bay Deejays more highly.

Aaron · Married on 03/25/2018

From the moment we first spoke with Jason, we knew he would be the perfect DJ for our wedding. Jason was knowledgeable, responsive, and flexible during the planning process, and his wedding portal made it easy for us to pass along information and update details. Jason's vast experience deejaying weddings was evident, and greatly simplified the planning process.

On the day of the wedding, everything went off seamlessly. Jason executed the entire schedule from ceremony to reception without any issue or effort on our part, which allowed us to actually enjoy our wedding and spend time with our guests. We received numerous comments from guests about how much they loved the music and dancing. All in all, we couldn't be happier with Jason and Bay Deejays.

Amanda · Married on 12/16/2017

Jason was awesome to work with from early planning to our wedding day itself! We utilized him for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Clyb and throughout he perfectly blended our favorite genres of country and motown, coordinated all of the key moments and microphone needs, and put us at ease along the way. I would recommend him to anyone!

Norma · Married on 10/28/2017

Jason delivered an amazing performance as our DJ at our son’s wedding. He provided the ceremony music, pre dinner music and then had everyone on their feet during the reception. He played the music at the best volume based on the activity. He was very professional and everyone enjoyed themselves. The baydeejays website was easy to use and had so many songs to choose from. Jason came highly recommended by a co-worker and he met all my expectations.

Mat · Married on 09/23/2017

Jason was amazing. He couldn’t have done a better job at our wedding. We left most of the music up to him and there was never a lull all night. At one point my wife and I looked around and every guest was on the dance floor. Jason is the best there is.

Megan · Married on 06/24/2017

Bob and Jen were amazing! They were so helpful and very independent. Bob is a phenomenal DJ and my husband and I really just wanted to let him do the work (we didnt say too much on what we didnt want played or what we did, we gave him an overall whatever gets people on the dance floor and he did it, perfectly!) Every song he chose was perfect. And having Jen was like having an additional party planner that I didn't even pay for! She fluffed my dress right before I walked down the aisle, she was making sure every thing was on time and made sure everything was going smoothly. I would HIGHLY recommend them! Also backstory: I originally inquired about Jason because I heard him at my neighbors wedding, he was so awesome too! But unfortunately he was already booked for my wedding day BUT he went above and beyond and contacted who he said he would hire if he had an event. He did the leg work for me to find another DJ and let me say I was not at all disappointed!

Mary · Married on 06/17/2017

Jason was our first choice for our DJ, and I am so glad we booked early!! He was amazing to work with throughout our entire planning process. To begin, he had never worked at our venue before and he took it upon himself to reach out to the staff. By the time our wedding came around, he worked with all of our vendors as if he had done hundreds of weddings with them. A true pro!

We also were fairly selective (read:picky) with our music choices. We had selections that were not included in his database that he happily purchased for us. We also had a little bit of a longer "do not play" list-- with a lot of wedding staples-- that he worked with us to create a perfect set list. Our dance floor was packed all night long- even our bartender said that in 10 years he has never seen a dance floor like that! All of our guests commented on the music and how much fun they had. Jason is also a great "master of ceremonies"-- he is a great announcer, communicates well with the photographer and coordinators, and is intuitive about music choices for the guests. We couldn't have made a better choice!

Amy · Married on 04/29/2017

We used Bay Deejays for our wedding last week, and we had a fabulous time. Chris was able to get everyone on the dance floor (after everyone came back in from watching the beautiful sunset). He was even able to obtain a hard-to-find mp3 of our first dance (which was a cover). A few days before the wedding, Chris called us and went over the entire reception timeline and asked for pronunciations of everyone's names. It was a huge relief knowing that he had everything taken care of.

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2017

We worked with Jason from Bay Deejays for our wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club in Stevensville, MD, and it was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Jason was incredibly professional and easy to work with. He was always available via phone/email and to meet in person to iron out details for our wedding. Bay Deejays also has a great website that allowed us to upload song preferences, an event timeline and names of the bridal party, which made planning really easy. When we initially contacted Jason about DJ-ing our wedding, he let us know that, being in the wedding business for as long as he has, he is much more than just a DJ, but assists with wedding planning as well. He was so helpful in organizing a timeline to make our wedding run smoothly and to maximize the most fun. When we told Jason that our biggest hope for our wedding was to keep our guests dancing, he made sure of it! Not a single guest sat down the whole evening and the dance floor was packed till the end of the night! Everyone had an absolute blast! Jason was also very helpful in recommending other vendors to us, and helped us find a photographer and videographer whom he had not only worked with many times, but also who knew our venue very well. It was very reassuring to have a DJ (and a team of his recommendations) who were familiar with the location because it took any possible guesswork out of the day. If you envision a really fun wedding with a packed dance floor that is executed flawlessly, do not hesitate to book Jason/BayDeejays!

Alyssa · Married on 10/15/2016

We worked with Jason for our wedding and he was more then amazing! He was friendly, helpful, and SOOO knowledgable. We got married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club a spot where he is very familiar with and he planned out our timeline so perfectly. During our meeting he even took time out of the way to check the time of the sunset so he could make sure that is something we did not miss. We requested about 3 songs to play during the reception and the rest we left up to him, he had the dance floor PACKED the whole night! He played an amazing mixture of songs from older songs to newer. We were so blown away by his online account that he gave us where we would go to plan the whole day out. On there he had a sheet where the timeline was, a sheet with everyone from the bridal party, all the songs you would want to be played during our ceremony, cocktail hour, introductions, cake cutting anything you could possibly think of was on there! All you had to do was log on to your account and everything about your day was right there, it made it easy to pick what we wanted and kept everything really organized. The thing we were most impressed with was his music selection on there where you could put songs you wanted played and songs you did not want, there were different playlists for top father daughter songs, mother son songs, cake cutting, garter toss and so much more (which really helped)! Jason made special announcements for us, came to our wedding looking professional, and interacted so nicely with our guests. He truly exceeded ALL of our expectations. I would HIGHLY recommend Jason to everyone, he was so easy to work with and made our day so perfect! We could not thank you enough for all you did for us!!

Breanna · Married on 08/05/2016

Jason was a great DJ! My family and friends were very impressed and filled the dance floor the whole night! He took our list of requests and made a fun night of dancing for everyone!

Lauren · Married on 07/29/2016

I honestly can't review Jason highly enough! We booked Bay DeeJays nearly a year in advance since I was planning from across the country, and he was the absolute best to work with. We didn't meet face to face until 3 months before the wedding, but he was always quick to respond to emails, kept us updated and on track with filling out the needed information for the reception, and when we finally did meet he was funny and personable - exactly what you want for someone who is driving the flow of the party. A few days before the wedding, he called me to make sure he had everyone's names pronounced correctly and to verify a few last minute details.

As for our wedding day itself - I could write a book full of praises for Jason. He had everything set up and ready to go (helped by the fact he frequently does events at our venue), and as soon as we got there after the ceremony he found us to give us a quick update on timelines. During the ceremony, he was exactly what a great DJ should be - someone who reads the party to keep it lively, introduces people without stealing the spotlight, and guides the events throughout the night.

The one thing we had asked of him was for our wedding to be a fantastic party where everyone is involved - and did he deliver! We've heard from so many people that it was the most fun wedding they've been to - all ages were up and dancing, and no one felt left out.

TL;DR - Jason and Bay DeeJays are priced a bit higher than many budget DJs, but that's because of the quality of his work. He's fantastic at staying in touch, and was able to put together a playlist of exactly what we wanted even from the wide variety of songs we gave him. He is a funny, personable guy who steered our party right. Book him right now!

Kathryn · Married on 07/16/2016

Jason was absolutely amazing to work with. He was so helpful during the planning process with music suggestions, making sure everything would flow together and kept everyone dancing the whole night. I literally never left the dance floor. All of our guests (of all ages) were dancing the entire night and could not stop complimenting the awesome music being played! I would 100% recommend Jason for your event!

Kathleen · Married on 07/02/2016

We absolutely loved working with Jason from Bay Deejays! Throughout the whole process he listened to what we had to say, took our personalities to heart, and truly made our wedding day so much fun! Jason was awesome at helping the entire day run flawlessly and seriously kept EVERYBODY on the dance floor until the last dance (which was exactly what we wanted!). Bay Deejays was the perfect choice for our special day and we would highly recommend them to any couple planning their wedding!

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2016

Jason was an incredible choice for our wedding. He met with us a month before the wedding, calmed my nerves, and helped us plan the wedding reception order of events. Our cocktail hour was fantastic with all the smoother jams we requested. He then ran an incredible party for the rest of the reception. We had so many requests and Jason played them all. Our dance floor was literally packed for 3 hours--the napkins became headbands! Thank you so much, Jason! Our wedding was incredible and that was largely due to Jason's skills.

Jason was incredible! From music suggestions to helping plan out the sequence of events for the day, he really was a great asset to have during the planning process. He really took into account our style, and what would be the best tempo of music through the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. He was great at getting everyone out on the dance floor, and once they were on the dance floor, no one wanted to leave! Could not have asked for a better experience!

Rebecca · Married on 05/21/2016

Jason was absolutely amazing to work with! He did an incredible job on our wedding and we received many compliments on the music choices. His fun personality definitely shines through when he is DJing! Jason was recommended to us through an old high school friend and I am so glad I listened to her. The music was definitely a key point in our day and I'm so glad it went so well. We only had a few must play songs, and Jason read the crowd for what should be played the rest of the time. I would recommend Jason/Bay Deejays to any couple looking for some amazing and fun music on their wedding day.

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/15/2016

Jason is the best! He helped us when his friend and our original DJ suddenly passed. Jason did an incredible job. He got everyone dancing the Hora and had everyone continue dancing. Everyone said the DJ helped make the wedding a blast. Also, with his direction of the schedule, he kept me organized. Thank you Jason!

Amanda · Married on 04/29/2016

Jason was AMAZING to work with!!! From the first meeting to the wedding, he made the process so easy. He was so responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. He had excellent song choices and had our whole wedding dancing!! People are still raving out our wedding. Highly recommend!