Bavaria Downs Reviews

8 | Chaska, MN

8 Reviews for Bavaria Downs

• Alexandra

Alexandra Winer · Married on 09/12/2019

We cannot recommend Bavaria highly enough

Our wedding day was actual perfection. The Bavaria staff were kind and thorough - they were accommodating and helpful as we planned from halfway across the country, including allowing us a last-minute tour when we were in town for a tasting, they were transparent about pricing from the get-go which was a breath of fresh air and made making the decision to secure Bavaria as our venue easy, and friendly and calming in the days leading up to and the day of our wedding - helping my anxieties over what was left to do and what could go wrong. Despite having to go with a rain plan and host the ceremony in the ballroom, the day was perfect and went so smoothly I don't think anyone would have known it was our plan B. We received endless compliments on the venue and the day. Melissa and Hannah especially are an absolute dream to work with, they're so genuine and thoughtful! We can't recommend Bavaria highly enough.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Anne

Anne Daly · Married on 08/29/2019

The Perfect Day at the Perfect Venue

Review from the Bride:
    Its easy to talk about the beauty this venue provides: the massive Bridal and Groom Suites that allows you to not only invite your wedding party but close loved ones to be a part of the day-of activities; the cocktail area that has bright windows looking out into the yard, making guests feel connected even if they are in a different room; the high and lighted ceilings of the ballroom that reflect off the chandeliers and provide the mood you wish for at any moment. This fails to even mention the beauty of the exterior of the building and the beautiful outdoor area they have for the ceremony... from the moment my now husband and I drove up to the venue for the tour we were in awe and never stopped gushing about its beauty or our excitement about saying our "I-dos" and having our loved ones share our day here.

However, in addition to this, there are the people behind the venue that work hard to ensure a flawless day. And yes, I did just use the word flawless. Meetings are set up to ensure that your vision is incorporated into the day, so the venue becomes uniquely yours. The event manager and all the coordinators are phenomenal and ensure that your vision is set-up on the day of, including any and all small details you wish to include. Throughout the planning process, they respond promptly to e-mails, will set up a phonecall or in-person meeting upon request, and are very timely in responding to any questions or concerns. Going into our wedding day neither myself nor my husband had any worries, only excitement to begin the celebration. Additionally, the valet parking makes it easy for guests to arrive and (weather pending) the add-on of golf cart rides to the ceremony site was extremely helpful for our less-mobile guests.

The cost of the venue can be seen as expensive, and for our budget, it well exceeded our limit. However, when talking with the coordinator we found that having our wedding on a Thursday not only made the venue less expensive, but allowed it to be within our initial budget. If you want the perfect day I can't recommend this venue enough. If price is an issue, talk with them and see what alternative dates may offer a more affordable cost. We had the most beautiful ceremony, dinner, and reception, with some of the nicest, most helpful people helping us through from the start of the planning process until well after the reception was over. It was worth every penny.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Rothschild · Married on 08/17/2019

Stunning venue + amazing staff = dream wedding

Mark and I looked at several venues before driving down the winding, beautiful driveway of Bavaria Downs, which seemed to transport us out of Minneapolis and to a European countryside. From the outdoor ceremony space with its rolling hills to the luxurious bridal suite/supercool grooms den to the high ceilings in the spacious ballroom, it was unlike any venue we had visited. This place is MAGICAL. Working with Georgia + Melissa prior to the wedding gave us all the confidence that we were in good hands. They asked us questions that never would have crossed our minds and helped iron out every single detail. They also spent time to get to know us and made us feel like part of their family. From the moment we arrived, the whole day went flawlessly in large part due to their help coordinating with all of our vendors (and working exclusively with D’Amico). Nicole spread sparkles and joy in the morning and helped keep us on track. We were able to relax and enjoy the day knowing everyone was so capable and experienced. As the night progressed, Nicole was on top of everything and made us feel so special. Our guests were blown away with this venue and we were so proud to be able to host so many out-of-towners in this beautiful area in Minnesota. Highly, highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Anna Connelly · Married on 10/13/2018

A fairytale venue just outside of the Twin Cities

We could not have been more pleased with selecting Bavaria Downs as our wedding venue. We were the first couple to tour the venue and the first to book it so were able to see all of the different stages toward completion. The BD and D'Amico teams were so attentive to our many questions throughout the wedding planning process and made sure we understood exactly what we were committing to. They responded to every request to make sure that our special day was unique and exactly how we had envisioned it. I felt so relaxed on our wedding day because I had full faith in Georgia and Christie and they executed to the utmost extent. We are still getting compliments from our wedding over two months later and we love reliving our most favorite day. We would recommend Bavaria Downs to anyone- it was a dream to work with this all star team!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Grace Bassingthwaite · Married on 09/22/2018

One of a kind wedding venue

The whole day was a complete dream! Georgia and her team made the day go so smoothly and I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. They were in complete control of the day and I didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying the day! I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Claire · Married on 01/13/2018

Your Real-Life Fairytale!

From the moment my husband and I walked into Bavaria Downs, we knew it was the place where we wanted to celebrate our marriage. We toured it pre-construction and signed the contract before seeing the final project, and felt confident doing so because of the honesty and transparency of the staff! We worked mostly with Georgia Meyer as our planning coordinator, and we cannot say enough positive things about her! She always answered our questions quickly, and eased any worries about the aspects of the day that could possibly go wrong (my long list of "what if's"). She thought of logistics and details I would have never thought of or prepared for! Back to the venue itself, when we arrived in the morning our day-of coordinator Hannah was waiting to greet me at the door with carts to help us unload. She checked in with me all day long to make sure I was feeling okay and had everything I needed. When we got up to the bridal suite it was picture perfect. Bavaria Downs works exclusively works with D'Amico catering which is amazing because they work as a team, so everything flows so smoothly. When it came time for ceremony the Bavaria Downs team were even in contact with our transportation company and let us know some guests were still on the way, and asked us if we wanted to wait for the final guests to arrive. All evening long the Bavaria Downs staff greeted us with a smile and a "congratulations!" We felt like celebrities as they escorted us around when needed, and even gave my husband and I sneak peek of the ballroom during cocktail hour so we could see how beautifully they prepared it! If things didn't go as planned I had no idea because they took care of EVERYTHING without bothering us so we could just enjoy our day. The photos don't do this venue justice- we truly felt like we were living in our modern day fairytale. Weeks after our wedding we are still receiving compliments on how unique and beautiful our venue was. If you are considering this venue, just know it is worth every penny! Not only is it the mot beautiful venue in the twin cities, but more importantly the service you receive from the staff simply cannot be surpassed. I wish I could relive that day over and over again!

Sent on 03/06/2019

Ciara · Married on 06/29/2019

The most magical venue in MN!

Being new to Minnesota my husband and I searched for venues for our wedding day for a whole year before deciding on a place. It took one walk around the then original estate (before any changes!) for us to know that Bavaria Downs was the perfect place for us. It’s absolutely breath taking and amazing and truly the best place for every girls fairy tale wedding to take place. Between the amazing staff and the all the amenities our day was perfect and flawless. As neither of us are from MN the majority of our guests had to travel and Bavaria Downs made their travels worth it which our guests and their experience was so important to us! We cannot say enough good things about Bavaria Downs and the staff! You will never regret choosing this venue for whatever event you need!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Jillian · Married on 09/08/2018

My new husband and I would hands down recommend Bavaria Downs. We were one of the very first weddings and the staff at Bavaria Downs appeased any concerns and acted with the utmost professionalism. The Bavaria Downs team is hard working, dedicated and accommodating especially Georgia Meyers - she is the best of the best. Bavaria Downs offers brides a beautiful canvas to create your one of a kind vision.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Bavaria Downs's reply:

We are so pleased to hear this, Jillian!! Isn't Georgia great?! We are so happy we could be part of your special day, thank you for your kind words! - The Bavaria Downs Team