Battleson Entertainment Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Karen
    Karen A. Married on 10/15/2022

It was an absolute pleasure to work with DJ Bruce

It was an absolute pleasure to work with DJ Bruce all through the preparation of my wedding music leading up to the big day. Bruce is extremely responsive and organized and put all of my stress at ease with his advice and help. He completely captured mine and my husband's style and created a party that was totally our vibe. I have received tons of compliments from my guests about the music at our wedding and it has been such a great feeling to hear how much fun our guests had. I even had a guest tell me that he had never before been to a wedding where every single person was on the dance floor the whole night! Hire him! You will be so relieved you did!
    Kira B. Married on 03/26/2022

10/10 Recommend - Professional, Kind, Fun, and Adaptive DJ/Emcee

Could not recommend Battleson Entertainment enough! Hiring a DJ/Emcee can be one of the most difficult parts of planning a wedding since a website or phone call doesn't give you the full experience of what you'll be getting. We were lucky enough to have attended a wedding where Bruce was the DJ which made our decision so easy. He was great at that wedding yet he still surpassed our expectations for our own wedding.

After booking with Bruce he quickly sent over various questionnaires to give us the opportunity to set the tone for what we expected from him on wedding day. One of the best questions he asked is how we want our guests to perceive him at the wedding (funny, professional, behind the scenes, energetic, etc). We wanted someone that kept the night moving along but wasn't too in your face/center of attention at that's exactly what we got. Bruce has so much experience and really is able to give off the exact vibe that you want from him. We were also able to select all of the music for various parts of the day/night and also felt confident giving him free reign where we saw fit.

Our ceremony was outdoors on a terrace overlooking a somewhat busy street and a bay with large cruise ships. Bruce arrived early and tested his audio for an hour or so to make sure that there wouldn't be any interference from the wind or any of the ships. He really went above and beyond to ensure that our guests could hear us and that the audio for our video would be perfect. We had so many of our guests compliment how great Bruce was not only as a DJ keeping the dancefloor packed, but also as an Emcee during the reception introducing all of the key parts and people to the guests.

No need to feel stressed or worried about hiring a DJ because Bruce/Battleson Entertainment will meet and even surpass your expectations!
  • Nicole
    Nicole T. Married on 01/16/2022

The party starter!!

Bruce made our wedding a party! He was so easy to plan with and the client portal he uses is so easy and fun to use! We had the best time on our day! He made all of our requests happen and we received so many compliments on our music!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Korina G. Married on 03/04/2021

Coolest DJ Ever

We knew Bruce was the DJ for us from the get go. From our first phone conversation with him, we could tell his energy and kindness were exactly what we wanted at our wedding. He knew exactly what questions to ask, and what questions we would have. He made us feel confident when speaking about the wedding. His website made us very hands on in the selection of the music. It was well organized in determining the different parts of the wedding, and ensuring that the songs that we wanted were played at specific points of the wedding. His website also included helpful suggestions for parts of the wedding we weren't sure how to choose music for. The day of the wedding, he ensured everything sound wise went perfectly. He had the perfect amount of speakers and sound equipment. At no point did we feel any lulls. Bruce caught the ambiance of the wedding exactly as we wanted. Bruce even went above and beyond, when our wedding schedule got a bit off the rails towards the end, and he stayed an extra hour for us. We are truly grateful for Bruce, and are glad to have had Battleson Entertainment be a part of our wedding!
  • Marian
    Marian K. Married on 03/14/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn't have imagined a more perfect DJ for our wedding!

We interviewed three highly recommended DJ’s for our wedding. Bruce came out on top. Even with our high expectations, Bruce exceeded them by far. He carefully listened to how we wanted our wedding to turn out and in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding, he was always available to listen to any adjustments we wanted to make.

Being in the business for as long as he has, he has a lot of experience and connections and recommendations. And it shows! He even gave us a referral for a harpist that we ended using for our ceremony that we loved.

On the day of the wedding, Bruce came prepared and made it his goal to make sure everyone had a good time. My groom had a last second request to surprise serenade me with his guitar and a bunch of our friends at the reception & Bruce helped to set it up perfectly. One of my most favorite moments of the day.

Everything was amazing that night - the music, the lighting, the jokes.

If you want a rock star wedding, Bruce is your guy!

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Marian and David for your beautiful words. What a night! Just so many special moments. The first dance surprise actually had your entire vendor team in tears, which never happens because we all think we have seen everything! I think every single person in the room, vendors included, kinda fell in love with David at that moment lol. I'm so grateful for you two. The world could use more people like you!
    Sandy A. Married on 12/13/2019

Best DJ Ever!!!

Coming from 2 very different distinct backgrounds, me being Mexican and my husband being Ghanaian, Bruce did such a great job by respecting our playlist and keeping the crowd very entertained!! He respects all your wishes from which song to play first to which song you want last. Not to mention he has great communication with his clients and is always available if any questions were to arise. There are no words to describe how grateful we are for having him as our DJ. Till today we are still getting complements as to how great the music was that night. Thank you so very much Bruce for making our dreams come true!!! 😊😊
    Grace F. Married on 09/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thank you so much bruce! Best dj ever!

My goodness... where to begin. Bruce, thank you SO much for a wonderful night and for being the absolute BEST DJ! We are so so happy and thankful to have found you and to have chosen you to be our DJ! You were so amazing and you really made the night so much better!!!! It was so much fun - we had the BEST NIGHT EVER!! Never have James or I dance that much... so thank you for getting us on that dance floor and for keeping us going! We had an absolute blast and I think all our friends and family will definitely say the same!!

You are seriously the best!!! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!!! We will never forget!!!

You are amazing, Bruce!!!

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

Grace! It was such an honor to work with you and James on your unforgettable wedding. I absolutely loved working with you both and I'm so happy our plan came together so magically. Such a great night with you and your friends and family. You and James are true pros! Great, awesome, unforgettable night!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 09/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You won't be disappointed!

We loved having Bruce as the DJ at our wedding and reception! He customized our music lists and songs to fit our exact tastes and desires. Bruce was always very professional, timely, and went out of his way to make sure we had what we wanted on our special day! He even made phone appointments with us that fit our schedule to confirm our selections on Bridesanity (his super cool and easy-to-use system of selecting music for your event). He brought all of his own equipment and set it up in such a way that the music was never too loud for the guests trying to talk at the tables, but always loud enough for those on the dance floor! Everyone at our wedding commented on what a good job he did relating the music to the needs of the guests at different times of the event. We are so happy that we chose Bruce for our event and would use him again in a heartbeat! Thank you for being a part of our special day, Bruce!
    Brittany C. Married on 07/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic MC and DJed the best dance party ever.

Bruce was so easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. His responses were always fast and helped with any questions we had. He has an incredible website called Bridesanity that we were able to use to pick our songs. The website provided us top song suggestions for each step, cake cutting, processional, happy hour, songs during dinner, dancing, etc. The website also provided a space to get to know us as a couple and the vibe we wanted for our wedding. We had a few phone meetings with Bruce that lasted over an hour to help guide us and solidify our vision! Bruce's MC skills throughout the night were very professional and provided a warm comfortable atmosphere along with keeping up with the schedule. His DJ booth was awesome!! We had the best dance party ever, which was important to us. Our guests and our self selves literally did not leave the dance floor once dancing began. We totally recommend Bruce to anyone looking to have a tailored wedding experience. Thank you Bruce for being incredible, we are forever grateful for you for making our wedding day so special.
  • Nikki
    Nikki Married on 06/27/2019

Fun and flexible

Bruce was great to work with! We were very specific in the type of music we wanted and worked with us to play all the songs we enjoyed plus some. He was very accommodating and flexible, fun to chat with on the phone and offered a lot of good advice based on his years of experience. Thanks for making our wedding so fun, Bruce! Everyone loved it!

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

Nikki and Jen, it was so wonderful working with you two to design the perfect plan for the perfect day at the perfect place! What a fantastic wedding! Thank you for the awesome review!
    Terri T. Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing experience

It was such an awesome experience working with Bruce. My friends and I definitely enjoyed the music, and the way Bruce interacts with the guests. I received tons of amazing feedbacks from friends and family. Everything was so awesome and just as smooth as possible. I also like how Bruce is always on task in a timely manner and so easy to communicate. Bruce is just amazing! I would definitely recommend Bruce to everyone I know. It is worth every penny!

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Terri! What a great night. Your family and friends were so wonderful, kind and fun! I'm so happy I got to be a part of your big day. I really enjoyed working with you and Andy and I wish you all the best! Thanks again!
    Natalie Married on 03/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Gus was amazing! He worked with us on everything and made our vision really come to life! People gushed to us after about how wonderful, entertaining, and clever Gus was. He was truely a cornerstone of our wedding! THANK YOU GUS!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 02/17/2019

Amazing and Fun DJ!

I can not say enough wonderful things about Bruce! He DJ'ed my friends Anna's wedding about 2 years ago and I already knew that I wanted him to be my DJ (even though I wasn't engaged or anything)! I thought he was amazing the way he got everyone on the dance floor. Bruce is incredibly easy to work with. He has a very kind/chill nature and really listens to what you want. You utilize his software to input the songs you'd like for first dance, cake cutting etc. which is very easy to use. Bruce even traveled (very far) as my wedding was in Northern California though I live in SoCal. I think he even had a wedding the night before mine but came with great energy. During the actual reception - he was funny, outgoing, and kept things running smoothly. He has a knack for knowing which songs are going to "work," I chose a couple of songs beforehand that turned out to be "duds" on the dance floor and he did a great job of transitioning smoothly when he saw people were not dancing. He was very economical in terms of cost too. I was pleased with all my vendors for my wedding - but I think Bruce was probably one of my top highlights of our wedding!!

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Kristen for you kind words. It was truly an honor to be a part of your awesome wedding! What a great night. I love it when a plan comes together so well!
  • Talissa
    Talissa A. Married on 11/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

There is no one who cares more than Bruce. Best DJ ever.

Look no further. Seriously. Bruce was my DJ for my wedding but he is also the DJ I use for almost every single wedding that I do (I am a wedding planner). There is NO ONE that I trust more, for so many reasons. First off, his equipment is top quality, and he ALWAYS is prepared for anything that could possibly happen (although, nothing ever does). There were so many moving parts at our wedding, and in each and every scenario, we were covered. Bruce will work with you to make sure everything is perfect ( the timeline, the lighting, your special songs, your special requests, etc.) I don’t think I have met a wedding vendor who cares more about his clients than Bruce does, and I say that with my whole heart. Think of him as your best friend who will make sure you have the best dance party of your life. Not only did Bruce keep our 9.5 hour wedding going and the dance floor packed (insane), he also made sure the ceremony was flawless and that the dinner went seamlessly. DJ’s aren’t just there to make sure that you have a fun dance party, they are there to make sure your vows are heard, the proper songs are being played as you walk down the aisle, that the lighting is right and that the entire mood of the wedding is on point. Bruce does that— every. single. time. He is professional, always on time and the easiest person to work with. His experience makes him invaluable, his personality makes you feel confident and at ease and his attention to detail is what makes your wedding day successful. Bruce is the person you want on your side on your big day. Bruce, we can’t thank you enough for doing our wedding and making our experience as a bride & groom so memorable. Andreas and I had the best wedding EVER, largely in part to you.

Talissa and Andreas!
    What can I say other than thank you for your incredibly beautiful words. I loved the energy we created through great planning and great friends and family who were ready to have fun! I still can't believe how 9.5 hours flew by! Such an honor to be a part of your wedding and such an honor to work with you regularly to help make visions and dreams a reality for others!
  • Jesslyn
    Jesslyn Married on 11/04/2018

Our Special Day

Bruce was so amazing! He kept everyone dancing and to be honest I was so stressed and the venue wasn’t very un organized. Thank god he knew what he was doing and truly saved the day. He kept everything on track and kept the wedding running smooth. I would definitely recommend Battleson Entertainment in the future!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 11/03/2018

Best wedding DJ!

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Prior to the day of our wedding Bruce was extremely helpful in getting us prepared. He left us feeling at ease for our big day. He is easy to talk to and very professional. We had a brunch wedding and he had the dance floor packed! He truly made our day that much more special.
    Tj Macfarlane Married on 10/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly Recommend DJ Bruce!

We booked Battleson Entertainment for our wedding in October and Bruce was awesome! We were referred by our wedding planner and from the beginning were impressed by his quick responses, easy-going nature and professionalism. He was extremely helpful with suggestions for not just music, but also lighting, timeline and other details we had overlooked.

From the ceremony to the dancing, Bruce kept the party moving. All night he kept people on the dance floor seamlessly moving between genres and reading the room for what was keeping people excited.

I highly recommend Battleson Entertainment for your wedding or event!
    Daniel Married on 08/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Honestly, the best choice for a DJ! We looked through several DJs to see which one was a good fit for our wedding. Bruce was definitely the perfect DJ for our wedding. When speaking to him, he really took the time to listen to our needs and desires for our wedding. He addressed our concerns by providing tips and ideas, which worked out amazingly for us. He even has a website that really goes over all the little formalities of the wedding, giving you the chance to customize it musically. He then goes over it with you to make sure you and him are on the same page. For a DJ to do all that prior to the wedding is peace of mind for any couple that wants their day to go as planned. When it came to the big day, Bruce did a phenomenal job! He brought out the “dance machine” out of all of our friends and family (even the ones that regularly decline to dance). His transitions and sequences were perfect as our guests kept complimenting us all night on the music and how they loved the songs being played. If you’re looking for a wedding DJ, look no further, get Bruce!
    Brittany Married on 08/03/2018

Personable and lively!

Bruce was so personable. I was referred by someone and he did not disappoint easy online song finder and if he didn’t have the song he would find it!
  • Z
    Zaahira Married on 03/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If you are looking for the BEST DJ experience you have ever had then I highly recommend Bruce Battleson! He is responsible, reliable and just a down to earth awesome person! I researched many DJ's before deciding on Battleson Entertainment and right away I had this gut feeling that he was the ONE and I was right! He went above and beyond our expectations as a DJ/MC for our wedding day! About a month before our wedding we scheduled a phone meeting where he asked us everything from introductions to announcements to the schedule of the day and the specific type of music selections that we wanted for each part of the wedding. We had ceremony music, cocktail hour music, music during dinner and a whole lot of dance music for the entire evening!
    We had some outstanding requests in terms of Hindi/ Bollywood music and he was able to make it all happen! For example: for our first dance we started off with a classic love song for one minute, then we changed it to a minute of a Bollywood love song, then for the third part of our first dance he played a three minute upbeat mix of a Bollywood/Hindi/English mashup that we found on YouTube! He entertained our guests all evening and he really knew how to keep the dance floor full!!! Thank you Bruce for being such a kind person at heart and also making our wedding day so memorable and super fun!!!
    Joe Married on 02/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    It’s been two weeks since our wedding and I am literally still hearing from Friends and Family about how much fun they had dancing their butts off at our wedding. Battleson Entertainment truly kept the dance floor packed and moving. The DJ also has a very classy lighting system which I highly recommend. You definitely don’t want cheesy lighting affecting all the pretty photos you’re hoping your photographer is capturing! We hired Bruce off a recommendation and couldn’t have been happier with our decision. Going into this, I thought the DJ’s only job was to play music but you get way more with Battleson Entertainment. Bruce is extremely organized and prompt with emails. He scheduled a few consultations with us to get to know us better and to understand what we were looking for. Bruce reached out to us to schedule our last consultation, with plenty of time before our wedding, so we weren’t rushing to figure it all out like we had to with many of our other vendors. This is important because as you get closer to the Wedding day you tend to lose your mind a tad… Bruce made sure we kept everything on schedule, which is ULTRA important.
    The music is the most important thing about this review. Without going to an actual event and hearing a DJ in persons it’s hard to rate their performance. I am picky with music and because my Wife is from South America we had to make sure that we had a good mixture of American and Latin music. Not a problem in the slightest. They have a great system for YOU to go through and build playlists for the wedding or exclude songs that you 100% DON’T WANT TO HEAR! Sorry Casper Slide (“Take it back now ya’ll”). I cannot tell you how awesome we both felt watching all our loved ones dancing with us on the dance floor till the very last song at 11pm. People went as far as shouting “One more song, one more song.” It will be the thing people talk about the next day. Hope this review helps and Happy partying to all!

-Joe
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 01/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I hired Bruce Battleson as the DJ for our wedding last weekend and it was a wonderful decision! Bruce was friendly, accommodating, and professional throughout the whole process. He has his own website and software that made it so easy to request specific songs, set up the timing for certain events at the wedding, and determine songs that you do not want to be played. Bruce was friendly and personable at the wedding and made sure our wedding was incredibly fun and unforgettable! We are so happy that we hired Bruce and would encourage anyone else looking for a DJ for their wedding to do the same!
    Lily Married on 06/17/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bruce was AMAZING!! He created a timeline and was very attentive with everything during our special day! I highly recommend Bruce!! He will have everyone dancing and has a very cool system where you can choose the music you want!! Thank you Bruce for making our day very special!
    Lily & Caleb
    Tracy Married on 03/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bruce is seriously the BEST DJ EVER! Our guests raved about how awesome he was throughout the whole wedding!
    Pre-Planning – Bruce was great in walking us through how to use the online system to pick out all our songs. As we got closer to our wedding day he scheduled time to go over all of the survey details with us. We live in New Mexico, but working with Bruce in California over the phone was super easy!
    Wedding Day – Everything went amazingly. The quality of his set up, equipment, microphone, and music was pure perfection. There were no sound distortions or failures at any point during the entire event. Everyone heard us loud and clear during the ceremony and then during the reception the crowd just went wild. He was so great and revving them up. Near the end of the reception, he most definitely noticed that our friends are big fans of EDM and played such great hits. One of my favorite memories is when our friends were singing from the top of our lungs on the dance floor. He encouraged us to get behind the DJ booth for photo ops and I am just eager to see how cool those shots must have come out. We really LOVE Bruce and cannot sing his praises enough for making our wedding one of the best people have ever been to.
illustration stars