Battleground Country Club Reviews

50 | Englishtown, NJ

50 Reviews for Battleground Country Club

50 Battleground Country Club Reviews

Kristin · Married on 11/25/2017

The Battleground Country Club made our wedding day unforgettable. From the early stages of planning, Liz was so accommodating to everything we wanted and answered all of our questions. We got married Thanksgiving weekend and requested that the venue be decorated for Christmas, the team there did an absolutely beautiful job making the venue look like a Christmas wonderland. The venue has beautiful outside grounds (perfect for pictures) and a wonderful outdoor area outside of the reception room. Many of our guests greatly enjoyed that area as they had fire pits and heaters set up out there. The food was amazing, there was so much food at the cocktail hour, and plenty of seats were made available for our older guests. The day ran so incredibly smoothly, Vinny and Tony took great care of us, especially Tony, who was always asking if I needed anything, and was even following me around on the golf course during pictures with water in case I needed a sip. Highly recommend the BCC for any event!

• Heidi

Heidi · Married on 10/20/2017

We had our wedding at Battleground about two months ago and it was AMAZING! We chose Battleground for its beautiful location and great value, and we discovered along the way how responsive and helpful its staff is, and how delicious and plentiful its food is. We keep getting told that our wedding was one of our guest's favorite weddings ever, and that the food was all amazing and that the party was fun. I also have to say the day-of staff were great and were bending over backwards to make sure everything went smoothly and that we were happy and comfortable. We signed our contract during a sale so we actually ended up getting our wedding at Battleground for cheaper than any other venue we visited, and it was WAY nicer and included so much more than all the other places did. I highly recommend Battleground for its beauty, professionalism and food.

Dianna · Married on 09/17/2017

We visited about 10 venues before going to Battleground and as soon as we toured Battleground we knew it was absolutely our perfect spot. Liz was more than accommodating on everything we asked. Every call or email was answered in minutes. She made sure we were stress free going into our wedding day. We brought all of our personal decorations the week before and told Liz our vision and when I arrived on our wedding day it was absolutely perfect. Every little detail was amazing. On the day of, Vinnie and Tony were unbelievable. It was an extremely hot and humid day and Tony amazed me with his service. During our pictures he first came out with bottled water for everyone, followed by champagne. He drove us from each location for pictures, drove my grandmother from ceremony to reception, and was constantly asking us if there was anything we needed. Vinnie went above and beyond to also make sure our day was perfect. Every single request we had he made sure he made happen. I was so amazed with how detail oriented every single person was. Every guest commented on how amazing all of the food was (and how much there was!). They are still calling me to tell me how great everything was. Our day was absolutely perfect thanks to everyone at BCC.

Ashly · Married on 07/23/2017

We checked out about 25 venues (I'm crazy), but once we got to Battleground Country Club we knew it was our place. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, inside and out. The place is pure elegance. I can't wait to see our pictures on the golf course, near the lake, and in the ballroom. We had an outside ceremony and the brick pathway leading to the gazebo was amazing to walk down with my Dad. All of our guests are still raving about the food and service. We even had friends of ours who are engaged ask us about our whole experience with Battleground because they were so blown away with everything.
    Jean was our salesperson and we really enjoyed every meeting we had with her. She gave great advice throughout the planning process and was fast to respond to all of my emails. She always made me feel calm when I had a question or concern. She's very friendly & funny!
    Vinny & Tony made sure our whole day ran smoothly. We didn't have to worry about a single thing because they were on top of everything with smiles on their faces. We always had a drink in our hand thanks to them. We missed a half hour of our cocktail hour because we were in the bridal suite for some privacy, but they brought us a platter of appetizers. They neatly packed away our belongings so we could pick them up the next day. We even forgot a few things and Vinny reached out to say he has them safely aside for us when we're ready to pick them up. Thank you both for everything!
    We highly recommend Battleground Country Club to any engaged couple looking to have a perfect wedding day!!

Haidy · Married on 01/14/2017

The planning experience was so great. Jean and other staff were so professional and friendly. The hall was eligant, the food was delicious and there was plenty Of it.

Megan · Married on 12/31/2016

Battleground Country Club helped make our wedding absolutely amazing. From the first time we called to inquire about dates and prices to the day of the wedding, Jean was absolutely amazing! Jean answered any questions we had and helped plan everything down to the smallest detail. On the day of the wedding, Vinny and Tony made sure everything was perfect. The guests absolutely loved the food and atmosphere and can’t stop talking about it. We highly recommend this venue. Thank you to everyone at Battleground Country Club for making the first day of married life the best day of our lives. – Megan and Ben

Allison · Married on 10/22/2016

We got married 3 weeks ago and we still have friends and family telling us our wedding was one of the best they've ever been to. Battleground was the first venue we visited during our planning process and after visiting a few others, the choice was an easy one. We compared everywhere else we visited to the beautiful grounds and ballroom at Battleground. Now that it's all over, it was the best decision we could have made! From our very first meeting with Liz, we knew we were in great hands. She was extremely responsive and helpful, our planning process could not have been any easier than it was with her and the team at Battleground.

The service and quality of food at our wedding was top notch. Tony and Vinnie took great care of us and our bridal party from the second we walked in until the very last guest left. Tony was really a superstar. It ended up being a very windy and chilly day but Tony was out with my husband and I for over an hour to take pictures. He held flowers, dealt with mud and wind as he drove us around and always had a smile on his face. He ensured that my husband and I ate dinner and always had a fresh cocktail. With Tony's help, we were really able to relax and enjoy our reception with our guests.

Every detail we discussed beforehand was perfectly executed, we were blown away when we saw the room for the first time. Our guests still cannot stop talking about how delicious (and plentiful!) the food was. The whole staff was friendly, they took great care of our guests.

If you're thinking about having your wedding at Battleground, you won't regret it. Our wedding day was perfect and Battleground played a huge role in making that happen. We wish we could go back and do it all over again!

christina · Married on 08/20/2016

Words cannot begin to describe how absolutely flawless everything was. Everything was perfect and beyond anything we imagined.

Vinny and Tony were phenomenal. Extremely attentive and on top of every detail of the night. They made sure we had anything and everything we needed. They made the night run smoothly.

All of our guests, and I mean every single one of them complimented the staff and how wonderful they were. The guests were amazed and could not stop talking about the cocktail hour and the desserts. They said the food was out of this world and everything tasted delicious.

We cannot thank Jean enough for all of her help in prepation for this day. We appreciate all of the hard work that went into preparing for this night. The room was gorgeous. The views were breath taking.

We look forward to having future events at Battleground

Clara · Married on 06/18/2016

Excellent food, excellent, service, excellent staff, magnificent view and grounds. Loved my daughters wedding. Jean was our salesperson. She is amazing.

Nicole · Married on 03/05/2016

I had my wedding at Battleground Country Club on March 5th of this year. It has been a couple of weeks since my wedding and my guests have not stopped talking about how beautiful everything was! Jean and Ed took care of everything and I can not thank them enough for making my day so wonderful! They were constantly making sure everything was perfect and they did a wonderful job. Cocktail hour was incredible, the food and service was fantastic and once the doors opened for the ballroom I was blown away at how beautiful everything looked. The chef and his staff are amazing, all of my guests thought the food was fantastic! I will suggest Battleground Country Club to anyone looking for a venue, you will not have to worry about a thing. Thank you to everyone there, it was the best day of my life!

Samantha · Married on 10/23/2015

My husband and I just got married at Battleground Country Club on Friday, October 23,2015. It was everything we could have wished for and more. We booked this venue back in November 2013- a little less than two years before the big day. When I first walked into the ballroom, I fell in love and all I thought was...we will never be able to afford this place. When I sat down with Jean Castaldi, she went over two packages and discussed the prices. My jaw just about dropped to the floor. It was so reasonably priced- I couldn't believe it. We booked shortly after, and I'm so glad we did.

Jean was amazing throughout the whole planning process; I tortured her for those long 23 months! She was always quick to respond to all my questions and concerns and very accommodating. The weeks leading up the big day, she helped planned the rehearsal, and allowed me to store ALL my "DIY pinterest/ etsy purchases" in her office!!

She arranged for an attendant, "Captain Tony", to be there to assist us with anything we needed in the bridal suite that morning, whether it be coffee, juice, or champagne. Tony also made sure my husband and I got around the beautiful golf course for our pictures that afternoon. He was great!

Vinny, our maitre'd, was wonderful as well! He made sure everything went smoothly the whole day- from the ceremony to the reception. During cocktail hour, guests started handing me envelopes, and Vinny made sure to take them from me and place them into the envelope box in the reception hall! At the reception, Vinny and Tony were very attentive to the needs of my husband and I. He made sure we had drinks in our hands, and sat down to eat. If a drink fell on the dance floor, Vinny was there to make sure it was cleaned quickly. I could not have asked for a better day/night, or a better staff.

The food was amazing & the grounds were gorgeous! ALL of my guests raved about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was!

Jillian · Married on 10/10/2015

The team at Battleground Country Club is truly impressive. I would recommend this venue for those looking to host a wedding, communion, anniversary party, etc. So glad to have had my wedding reception at the same venue my parents selected for theirs 30 years prior. Jean assisted every step along the way. She allowed us her time and patience in order to make sure all of the details were just right. We even got a few minutes in the grand ballroom to practice our first dance on the dance floor two days prior to our wedding (we were dropping off a few items for the reception)! My top priority/concern with regard to our reception was my husband’s poultry allergy, but the kitchen at Battleground Country Club truly went above and beyond for us. They were able to tweak recipes and customize the items we wanted to serve to remove all poultry (and broth, stock, etc.) from everything except the chicken entrée option. The kitchen was careful not to cross-contaminate anything else being served at our reception with the chicken entrée and this allowed my husband to have a worry-free day and eat anything he wished. Jean was also able to have the kitchen assist with accommodations for vegetarian meals, gluten free meals (and cake during our dessert hour!) and any other dietary restrictions we needed to tend to for our guests. Both prior to and during our reception Vinny was extremely accommodating. The entire staff was wonderful to work with, very kind and exceeded all of our expectations. Tony was primarily looking after the bridal party and immediate family and really did a great job checking in and making sure everyone was comfortable and happy—thanks for the ride on the golf cart too, Vinny! The value and service at Battleground Country Club is unprecedented. I can’t wait to host another event there!

Stacey · Married on 03/28/2015

Everything for our wedding came out beautiful. Jonette, our matre de, was absolutely amazing. From bustling my dress to making sure I had enough drinks and food, it was like she was reading my mind all night. Our guests raved about the food, everything was perfect. Only issue was the new General manager did not want to allow our guests to take shots, for our party it was allowed since he wasn't there when we booked. But I would caution people looking for a venue now to ask a lot of questions because it seems like this guy is making his own rules

katie · Married on 10/18/2014

This venue helped create my dream wedding. My husband and I were paying for a lot for our wedding ourselves so The Battleground was a little beyond our budget and we assumed we were just going to take a tour to get ideas fr other venues. Although, once we sat down with Liz we realized it would be worth every extra penny we could save, Also, they were very willing to let us customize our options to make the day affordable.

First of all the venue itself is beautiful, the reception room has it's own up-lighting, beautiful canopy of lights over the dance floor and custom colored table napkins. There was no need for us to purchase much of anything to decorate the beautiful room that overlooks the golfcourse.

Our ceremony took place outside with our alter being an adorable white gazeebo. The atmosphere was wonderful. There were also seasonal flowers around the ceremony space. They do have a separate inside room for ceremonies for different types of weather. We loved that we wouldn't have to use the reception area or cocktail area in case of rain.

The cocktail hour was impressive with its amount of food that was constantly going around and the different stations, We even had a Ramen noodle bar, it was a huge hit!! The room also provided many small tables so no one was uncomfortable and too eager to move on from cocktail hour.

The staff was ridiculously amazing, catering to pretty much any need anyone had. My guests still can not stop talking about them, from getting extra water to helping people with diatary needs to just being very polite. I literally had an employee follow me out the door with tea to go because I had mentioned it offhand earlier. With the combination of Liz and our maitre'd we really didn't have to think about anything. The bridal sweet AND grooms suits were stocked with drinks for us and the amount of beautiful places to take photos on the course are endless.

nikolett · Married on 10/10/2014

The venue is beautiful! The grounds, everything. It actually rained off and on the day of our wedding but our matre di was right on top of things and managed to still get us to have our ceremony outside in between the rain showers. (Her and her crew wiped down the seats several times for our guests before the ceremony began- and ran around the entire wedding making sure everything went smoothly). In addition, Jeanette (our matre di) worked beautifully with our DJ entertainment company (URE events- also amazing!). Highly recommend this venue especially if you have Jeanette as your matre di =)

In addition- Battleground has a beautiful veranda off of the ballroom- we added fire pits to this area and made s'mores at the end of night which was a total hit!

Moire · Married on 09/27/2014

From the minute we walked into the BCC we knew it was our venue. Everything just fell in line from the decor, space, staff, location and the ability for one event at a time. During the months leading up to the wedding Jean was so great helping us and answering all of our questions, making sure the things that were important to us were written into the contract, etc. Our wedding day was the best day ever mostly due to our fabulous maitre d Johnette. She was so incredibly attentive to us and each of our families, she was on point and had such a happy personality where you could tell she just loves what she does. Johnette really went above and beyond for us and for that we will never forget. It was absolutely a day to remember and our guests had nothing but great things to say. We also chose to have our rehearsal at the BCC prior to the wedding. We decided to have a brunch rather than a dinner the week before the wedding and I have to say, it was a blessing in disguise. It was so nice not having to worry about having a rehearsal the night before the wedding with everything else going on. Our guests for the rehearsal absolutely loved not only the brunch idea but the food. We had a nice private room overlooking the golfcourse which was a beautiful setting combined with great food from french toast to bagels to carved turkey and a mimosa fountain. Everything was set up so nicely and spacious but yet felt very cozy for our small group. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride interested in great service, great decor, one event at a time, and affordable. I look forward to having more events there in the future!

lacy · Married on 09/19/2014

You only have one chance to make your wedding day perfect, and choosing Battleground Country Club is an excellent first step in making that perfect day a reality. The grounds for the ceremony were beautiful, the food was outstanding and all of the members of the venue's staff were professional, polite, helpful and responsive. We returned from our honeymoon over a week ago and are still hearing from friends and relatives about the wonderful time that they had at our wedding. The presentation of the food available during the cocktail hour was topped only by how delicious everything was (or so we are told by our guests, we were too excited and awestruck to be very hungry). Our Officiant had never performed a wedding ceremony before (he was a close friend) and we didn't do a formal rehearsal, so Liz and Johnette had their work cut out for them. Both of these ladies deserve a special thank you for making sure everything was such a success. Our Maitre d' (Johnette) was friendly, attentive and very fun to work with. Call us biased if you must, but we feel that Battleground Country Club is the perfect place for a wedding and We would strongly recommend this venue for your next special event. Fall graced us with the perfect weather for an evening wedding, our friends and families made the perfect guests to celebrate our special day, and Battleground County Club took care of the rest.

***Side note: one of our relatives ruined their tie prior to the ceremony and asked one of the wait/bar staff if there were any nearby stores where he could purchase one in time. After advising that there weren't any such stores close enough, the employee let this relative borrow his tie to wear to the ceremony. These are the types of people who make this such an easy venue to recommend***

Christine · Married on 08/28/2014

My sister just had her wedding at Battleground Country Club, this past Thursday and it was AMAZING!!!! The place itself is beautiful. The food, amazing! The staff was so incredible, especially Liz, Tony, Vinny & Ed. We had some minor bumps in the road, one being a lovely Thunderstorm. But thanks to their quick thinking, the ceremony was quickly moved inside and everything still went according to plan. They are such a pleasure to work with! They helped us sooo much in so many ways. Thank you for helping to make this the best day/night for my sister and her husband! There are not enough ways to say Thank you.

I highly recommend having any celebration at Battleground!

Alyssa · Married on 08/15/2014

Battleground did an amazing job with our wedding. Liz took care of everything for us and kept us on schedule throughout the entire process. The day of our wedding we did not worry about a thing. Everything was set up perfectly and everyone was there to help us. Liz was even the one who bustled my dress for me! Our friends and family couldn't stop raving about the food, especially the cocktail hour, which we had outside (beautiful!!!). Our Maître d Johnette was AMAZING. She was running around all night making sure my me and my husband had everything we needed. She was also extremely attentive to our bridal party and our parents. Everyone loved her. Can't say enough great things about Battleground and their outstanding staff.

They made it a day to remember. They were very easy to work with. People are raving about the food. They made us worry-free. Such a beautiful venue.

Rebecca · Married on 05/03/2014

I can't say enough how pleased my husband and I were with choosing BCC to host our wedding day. We were able to have a beautiful ceremony outside at their gazebo which was perfectly landscaped and enhanced by the flowers from my florist. The food was outstanding, the staff was friendly, and most importantly, our guests had a great time! Liz was easy to work with and accommodated our many requests to modify the menu. On the day of our wedding, Johnette was amazing as our maitre'd. She was not only professional and kept our day moving smoothly, she was also fun and friendly. At the end of the night, she and one of her staff members graciously gave my husband, my Dad, the best man, and one of our groomsmen a ride to our hotel since the shuttle had left to bring the other guests back. It you want to have a wedding at a beautiful location and with excellent food, book your day at BCC!

Kristin · Married on 04/26/2014

Our entire wedding planning experience with Battleground was phenomenal. From the moment we took the tour to book, Jean was fantastic and I will never forget her and Liz for their professionalism, attentiveness, and always ensuring me that everything would go smoothly. Jean and Liz ensured every detail of our day was executed exactly how we envisioned. Our staff for the day of the wedding were phenomenal and could not be more accommodating. The room looked absolutely beautiful, the Viennese and cocktail hours were amazing, and out guests are still raving about the food. I am forever grateful to each of them for their hard work and truly caring that our evening was perfect. Thank you all!!!

maria · Married on 06/22/2013

I just want to thank Jean and the entire staff at Battleground!!! You guys made my perfect day amazingly beautiful!!! I couldn't have asked for a better venue or staff to work with!!! My guests are still calling and saying what an amazing time they had and how great the food was and it was one of the best weddings they have ever been too!!! Thanks again!!!

Laura · Married on 05/18/2013

We were hoping to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside for a May wedding. However, Mother Nature was not on our side and we ended up having everything inside. We were able to take pictures on the grounds before the wedding and we can't wait to see some of the shots with the beautiful greenery and flowers in the background.
    Despite the weather, the entire event was a huge success. Having the ceremony and reception at one location made it very convenient for us and our guests. The bridal and groom suites were an added bonus and a great place to get ready. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and how nice and helpful the staff were. The cake from Normandie Bakery was mouthwateringly delicious.
    All of the rooms were set up beautifully and the lighting in the ballroom was a wonderful addition to our romantic ambiance.
    Last but not least, we thoroughly enjoyed working with Liz Zarko, who was patient and responsive throughout the entire planning process. She answered our millions of questions and met with us several times.

We also enjoyed having Johnette as our Maitre D on the day of, she brought a great energy and did a great job coordinating everything for us even with the last minute location change from outside to inside.

We would highly recommend you choose Battleground as your wedding venue or any event venue for that matter. Everyone was a joy to work with and the grounds and rooms were spacious and beautiful.