Barn Appétit Reviews

5 Reviews for Barn Appétit

5 Barn Appétit Reviews
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/02/2018

Oh my goodness, where to begin?!? The Geise family was a joy and delight to work with. They were both professional and personable. From meeting with me on short-notice to being there all weekend (Barn Appetit rents out the venue from Thursday-Sunday for you to use!!) to help in anyway possible, I was consistently humbled by their devotion to their business and clients. When I first met with Todd, he informed me that there would most likely be some updates to the Barn and venue by the time our wedding came along, including a bridal suite. We were the second wedding to use their new bridal suite! It was absolutely stunning!!! Along with a ceremony and reception site, Barn Appetit has countless photo locations and a wide variety of layout options.
    On the day of the wedding, there were several challenges that arose (as usual) including forgetting the gluten free bread for communion. Todd Geise immediately ran into their home and got a slice of his own gluten free bread for us to use! I was never disappointed with the communication or service we received working with the Geise family. We highly recommend Barn Appetit!!

Barn Appétit 1
    Barn Appétit 2
    Barn Appétit 3
    Barn Appétit 4
    Barn Appétit 5
    Barn Appétit 6
    Barn Appétit 7

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

This venue was absolutely perfect for our wedding. We instantly fell in love with Barn Appetit the moment we visited. The owners are fantastic to work with and are very flexible. There is a "ready room" onsite that the bridal party can use to get ready. Our wedding had 130 guests and it was the perfect amount for the venue. I would not recommend any more than 150 guests. There are always updates being done to this venue and the ceremony location is gorgeous!

Joey · Married on 05/06/2017

We were thrilled to have our wedding and reception at Barn Appetit. Overall it was a lovely property with equally lovely proprietors. The Geise family was a pleasure to work with and always friendly, accommodating, and accessible. We appreciated being able to start setting up the venue days in advance and Todd’s constantly helpful presence as we navigated mini-tornadoes, weather-caused power outages, and other mini-crises, as often arise during a wedding. The barn was clean and ideally set-up for a wedding, with convenient modern bathrooms and plenty of space for our 150+ guests as well as vendors. The property is well-maintained with many gorgeous nooks and crannies for photography, including beautiful rhododendron bushes in the front of the house, a winding woodland path, and a cute arch nestled in front of the cornfield. It was very convenient to use the Geises’ house as a getting ready area and the abundance of parking made the day itself go smoothly. We highly recommend Barn Appetit as a wedding venue!

We had a wonderful experience. Todd and his family were wonderful to work with. Todd was very easily to keep in touch with and was very professional, but also very down to earth. Everyone one went out of their way to help us. The grounds were recently re-landscaped and were beautiful as is the barn. We had approximately 190 at the wedding and we had plenty of room. The view was beautiful from the barn and we held the ceremony outside and the landscaping was beautiful. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

I can not say enough good things about Barn Appetit. They were beyond accommodating to all of my needs and such a pleasure to work with. It was obvious that the woman was genuinely happy for all of the couples that got married there. Todd was quick to respond to any request and just so easy to work with. I was afraid that an August wedding would be smoking hot inside the barn but to our surprise, it was very comfortable inside throughout the whole day. The only thing I was disappointed about was their construction zone. They were adding a piece onto the back of their house (the backyard is the outside ceremony site) and it was a bit of an eyesore to get married beside a construction site. When we reserved the property, we were not informed that this would be going on and I was rather disappointed to arrive to decorate and find the ceremony site be so different than what we thought. I am sure that once the house addition is complete, the backyard will be beautiful once again - it was just bad timing for us. Other than that, it couldn't have been more perfect.