Barefoot Minded Reviews

Barefoot Minded 4
Barefoot Minded 5

amanda · Married on 01/03/2015

Hi guys!
    Just a quick thank you for making our wedding so magical last night...you both are brilliant! We wish we could have kept you for hours because you were truly the highlight of our night...Oh my, what talent and charisma...you both made our evening spectacular...we loved your Island laid back style and your wonderful spirits!
    Your music was superb!
    We cant wait to see you again. Our guests were thrilled, as were we...We were all so sad to see you go.
    A million thank you's...
    Warm Aloha and Mahalo to you both.

Brian and Amanda Lock

Sent on 01/16/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2014

Barefoot Minded provided live music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They were absolutely great to work with and made the event very enjoyable! They sounded so great it was often hard to tell whether they were live or taking a break and playing a song from the playlist... they sounded that good! We received a lot of compliments from our guests and many of them said the Barefoot guys sounded better than the original artist! They were also a great resource for recommending songs for different parts of the ceremony and for the first dance(s). I left the rest of the playlist up to them and I loved every song they played. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/25/2014

So happy with Barefoot Minded! Perfect island music for cocktail hour!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Christina · Married on 10/14/2014

Barefoot Minded played our ceremony music and cocktail hour at Olowalu Plantation House and they were perfect!! Our guests told us repeatedly how much they enjoyed them and how fun they were to listen to. During our ceremony, they did a perfect version of Over the Rainbow and our recessional was to Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band. Both sounded great! My only regret was not being able to enjoy their music more as we were off taking sunset photos. Would definitely choose these guys again in a heartbeat. Thanks, Barefoot Minded!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Nate · Married on 10/12/2014

We checked out a lot of options for our wedding. There are a plethora of options if you want very traditional Hawaiian musicians, which I felt would get a little boring for our guests. By far these guys were the best choice. They had the perfect tone for our beachouse wedding playing a good mixture of traditional songs, original songs, and a few covers with their own twist. We also had them finish out the night with their DJ, which ended the night in a party. If you want a fun wedding reception, hire these guys ASAP.

Sent on 10/25/2014

If you are reading reviews, that means you are probably up in the air as to if you should go with live music and what musicians to go with. Don't think about it too hard. If Oren and Junior are available just do it. They flew over to Oahu to be a part of our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Be sure to have them play their originals at some point!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Brooke · Married on 10/01/2014

They were fantastic! Played our wedding ceremony, the happy hour during pictures, and the wedding reception. They had to play acoustically due to the restraints of the venue, but did a fantastic job. Sent them the names of the bands from the list online that we liked, and tried to play tunes that we liked. Had great recommendations on the recessional and processional that we used, and played the song we wanted to start the reception. Everyone loved them and were a huge success. They add just the needed touch for a hawaii wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Amy & Trevor · Married on 09/25/2014

Oren & Junior (Barefoot Minded) were amazing entertainers for our wedding day. It was simple and stress free! Our wedding was on a catamaran and Barefoot Minded was so flexible and truly "read" the moments and played to suit the mood. I can not say enough great things about Oren & Junior, my husband and I were touched by their sincerity and excitement to be part of our day. In my opinion they are worth every penny to book them for your event. All our guests are still talking about our musicians and some made special trips to go see them preform live the night after our wedding. Much mahalo and love to Barefoot Minded!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Jon · Married on 09/15/2014

If you are debating who to book for any event jump on the opportunity to get Barefoot Minded!!! Oren and Junior were amazing and the only negative thing on the day is my wife and I were away from the venue and didn't get to hear more... The feedback from our guests were simply that these guys were the best, don't hesitate before someone else books them ;-)

Sent on 10/01/2014

Krystle · Married on 08/16/2014

To some up our experience with Barefoot Minded in two words, completely awesome!

We were instantly impressed by listening to their music online and watching their videos. Their vibe was exactly what we had been searching for in musicians and we were so excited they had availability. All dealings with Barefoot Minded were professional and incredibly prompt. They were kind enough to learn "Life is Better With You" by Michael Franti for our processional and they created the perfect rendition of it. Plus, they provided us with a sound bite of it as a keepsake.

They had our guests dancing during cocktail hour and even let our cousin sing/play a song with them :) We could not have asked for anything better. If you are considering booking them, DO IT! Oren and Junior are the perfect pair of musicians to set the tone for a great party. Not to mention, they are both incredibly nice, genuine and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Fantastically by far thee best choice for music for our wedding! Oren made our special day one to remember with alot of smiles, good tunes, swinging hips, drumming hands n' tappin' feet and brilliant memories for life. BOOK HIM NOW!!! by far thee best in Maui!!
    Thanks again Oren :)

Sent on 08/29/2014

Channing · Married on 08/02/2014

Barefootminded was the best thing I could have done for my wedding! Having the change of pace halfway through the night was seamless and fun! The live music for our ceremony, cocktail and dinner portion was so impressive! They played the exact songs I wanted them to and I never once needed to tell them. They were easy to listen to and so entertaining. I didn't want them to stop playing! Not to mention, they were so affordable I can still barely believe it! This was one of my top decisions for me and they exceeded every single one of my expectations! I would definitely find an excuse to book them again if I could :)

Sent on 08/15/2014

Chris · Married on 07/26/2014

The guys were great. Very easy to work with and their cool island sound gave our wedding and cocktail hour the exact vibe we wanted. Many of our guests commented on how awesome their set was. They absolutely nailed it!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Jillian · Married on 07/11/2014

We were so impressed with Barefoot Minded. Living in Dallas and getting married in Hawaii we went online and found this duo. We didn't know what we would get but we could not have been happier or more impressed. They were so responsive, called the day before and were very early for our wedding. They sang and played beautifully and made our day that much more special. We HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Alfrey · Married on 07/10/2014

I am officially in love with these guys! Their relaxed style was the perfect touch at our wedding. Everyone loved them. They were an absolute pleasure to work with, right from our first email. Their music will forever be in my heart...and my ipod! !

Sent on 08/16/2014

We couldn't have been happier with our experience! Barefoot Minded was the first thing we booked after setting the date and location of our Maui wedding. They came highly recommended, and after looking into other musicians, the decision was easy. Working with Oren and Junior was great! We asked them to learn two new songs for our ceremony, and we ended up liking their renditions even better than the originals. Oren and Junior were very friendly and professional. All of our guests loved the music, and many of them were still talking about it days after the wedding. Some of our guests even attended their show a few days after the wedding. We hope to see them perform again next time we're on Maui! Thank you Barefoot Minded for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 07/23/2014
  • Serena

Serena · Married on 07/01/2014

Barefoot Minded was awesome! We had them at our wedding last week and we were told multiple times how great the music was! They were easy to communicate with, arrived early and made sure everything was set before guests arrived, and were great to listen to! They performed a combination of upbeat and slow songs and everyone enjoyed it!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Tyler · Married on 06/22/2014

We booked Oren from barefoot minded to play solo for our wedding ceremony and part of the reception that followed. We were truly blown away with how friendly, professional and accommodating he was throughout the entire process from booking to playing the day of the event. We still find ourselves talking about how special the event felt having him apart of it. Thanks again Oren!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Ed and Cara · Married on 06/21/2014

My wife and I were planning a wedding in Maui and we wanted an island vibe for our music. The service that we were using for the planning of the wedding provided us with samples of musicians that were mediocre at best. My wife found Barefoot Minded online and made contact with them. Unbeknownst to me, I set out on a search and found Barefoot Minded and made contact too. The end result was that Oren and Junior from Barefoot Minded were exactly the style we were looking for. They delivered on everything they promised and more. The planning was easy. They were extremely flexible and responsive. We asked them to learn two new songs for the wedding and reception and they rocked both. I have nothing but outstanding things to say about musical abilities and professionalism. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for a band with a great island feel.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Becka · Married on 06/04/2014

AMAZING!!!! My family is made up of musicians, and we all truly enjoyed listening to Barefoot Minded. What a lovely touch they added to our wedding! Oren was super easy to work with, very prompt with reply, and provided some great suggestions when I needed assistance in the planning. Definitely one of our best vendors! Love love love!!!!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Kirstie · Married on 05/21/2014

Oren was amazing!!! He played the ukulele for our ceremony and waited around all day to play at our cocktail hour with his duo partner. I received many comments about how amazing they were and if I could redo the day I would have had them play for the entire evening not just the cocktail hour. Contact Oren, he is really flexible and easy to deal with!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Kirstie · Married on 05/21/2014

Barefoot Minded were amazing!! We hired Oren to play a solo for our ceremony and he was then accompanied by his duo at our cocktail hour. He waited around all day to play for us (we had a large gap between ceremony and cocktail hour) and all I wish is that we had kept the duo on for the entire evening!!!!
    Thank you for the amazing music you added to our wedding, we are so grateful!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Barefoot minded, in my opinion, is the perfect way to set the tone to any wedding! We hired them to play during the cocktail hour and they were fantastic. All of our guests enjoyed watching the sunset, while listening to the laid-back, yet fun and energetic, styles of these guys. My husband and I wanted to dance our first dance to one of Jack Johnson's new song off his new album. Barefoot minded were kind enough to learn the song for us and they played it so well!!!!! If you are planning a destination wedding, rest assured because they are extremely responsive and professional and will do their best to have everyone enjoying their time

Sent on 05/23/2014

Tara · Married on 05/07/2014

I can't rave enough about Barefoot Minded!!! Oren has been incredible to deal with ever since my first inquiry. He responded quickly emails, was accommodating to requests (they even learnt a song for us, for a small fee), very professional, arrived on time and completely wow'd us and our guests! They were an absolute pleasure to deal with and I wish them all the best in the future. Thanks again for helping make our wedding day a dream!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Codi · Married on 04/28/2014

Barefoot minded made my entire party! All of my guest couldn't stop talking about the variety of music they played and how entertaining the guys were! So very glad I made the choice to book them!
    Thanks again guys!