Barb's Cakes Reviews

17 | Alabaster, AL

17 Reviews for Barb's Cakes

Leigh Ann · Married on 04/01/2017

Barb is amazing at what she does. Not only are her cakes beautiful but they taste amazing. My husbands grooms cake was 3 books, and I am still having to tell people it is a cake when they see pictures. They are just flabergasted. My cake was beautiful. Barb really helped to bring my vision to life, and gave great advise on how to make my cake look and taste the best. Barb's husband delivered our cake the day of the wedding. It wasn't super hot, but the sun was bright. He waited until the last minute to put the cakes out, so they would look there best and stood with a piece of cardboard in front of it. You cannot ask for better customer service, dedication, and most importantly beautiful delicious cakes. Book Barb today!!!

Brittany · Married on 03/12/2016

Barb and her team made my wedding cake dreams come true. She understood exactly what I wanted and brought it to life. She did such a wonderful job on both the bridal and grooms cakes.

Barb's cakes not only look amazing but they taste AMAZING, too!! We had so many compliments on the strawberry/vanilla bride's cake and the peanut butter/chocolate groom's cake.

Lindsey · Married on 05/16/2015

Barb's Cakes is not only beautiful but it is divine! She is meticulous with details and the cake delivered looks better than I had dreamed it would!
    She is delightful to work with and if you go to her home, do not use gps but ask for directions from Barb. Barb is an expert with cakes and if use
    for a wedding like we did, you have no worries!! She charged $75 to deliver both bride and groom cake and both were large. It was one of the highlights!

Laurie · Married on 04/25/2015

Barb achieved a phenomenal feat in creating our daughter's cake(s) for her wedding! The bride's cake was a multi tiered, glorious work of art with swags and three dimensional roses- not to mention the gold cut out custom monogram that graced the front. Barb even used a square gold stand that looked as if it was created for our vision of the cake! As per his request-the grooms cake was completely personalized to his individual interests- while remaining formal and appealing. Touche', Barb!

Throughout the reception- I heard a version of this comment, over and over, again: "Who did the cakes? They are not only breathtaking- they are DELICIOUS!"
    What more could you ask for?

My wedding cake was to die for! It was beautiful and unique and completely delicious!! My wedding planner coordinated everything with Barb, and the cake turned out even better than I hoped.

Julia · Married on 01/09/2010

Amazing! Amazing! A thousand times amazing! Cakes were delicious. Barb is easy to work with and just the epitome of "the cake lady". Sign up with Barb as soon as you can. My husband and I cannot wait for another event to enjoy Barb's cake!

Michelle · Married on 07/18/2009

Loved my cake!!!! It looked and tasted wonderful! It was my dream cake!

• F

Michele · Married on 01/24/2009

Barb was so easy to work with and she lets you to as involved as you want in the creative process. We worked up a design that was prefect!!

I am also very allergic to wheat and gluten and Barb was able to make me a gluten free cake that was delicous as well as beautiful.

Barb does not take on more than she can handle, but she can handle a lot! She worked diligently with my mom as I, like most brides, was working to plan a wedding in my hometown where I no longer live. We received so many notes and personal praises throughout the reception of how delicious the cake was and about the presentation. She did a wonderful job making our vision come to life in a beautiful tiered cake.

Additionally she was great about making my husband's cake and ohhhh my goodness was it delicious. She delivered on time and at the right location. My sister is going to use her for their wedding in June. Barb's a must for your event!!

Rachel · Married on 09/26/2009

My cake was gorgeous. Met with me a few times to discuss the cake. I brought in a sample of the linen I was using for the cake table and she created a cake to match! I loved the cake! It not only was a gorgeous cake but tasted soooo good too! My only regret was I never got a full piece at the reception!!!

Molly · Married on 06/10/2012

Barb was great. She made both our wedding cake and groom's cake.

Jo-Alice · Married on 10/18/2014

The presentation (especially for the groom's cake) was wonderful!

Susan · Married on 04/24/2009

3.0

Barb did a wonderful job making a peacock for my daughter's cake. My daughter wasn't completely satisfied with the outcome, but I think she does a beautiful job. Her flavors are to die for.
    My only complaint was that she only left a small container for left over cake. We had to end up throwing most of it away. So be sure and get that taken care of up front.

4.2
      3.5

Barb did a wedding cake and a groom's cake for us. Both were delicious and our guests loved them.

Susan · Married on 11/16/2013

3.8
      3.5

barb's cake was delicious & she was very easy to work with.

Christina · Married on 08/07/2010

0.5
      0.0

I am an out of town bride living across the country from where I am having my wedding. Obviously, all the brides here know how hard it is to plan, let alone 3000 miles away. I made an appointment with Barb's cakes in November for a December appointment. We had schedule the appointment a month in advance. I can only come into town a couple of times to do my planning before the wedding. The day before our appointment she called me while I was flying to ask if the appointment was still confirmed. I called her back that night, left a message and said yes I will be there. I tried calling and leaving several messages the next day and no answer. Then when I drive all the way to her house for our appointment she is not even there.
    Now I will not be arriving back in town until 3 months later and have wasted my time, my appointment time that I could have been meeting with someone else. I hope next time she would show a little more professionalism and courtesy to at least call and cancel.