Barbara & Company Catering Reviews

View more information

• Angela
    Angela R. Married on 10/24/2021

Beyond Expectations

Words can’t express how grateful I am to have found Marina and Barbara & Co. Catering. We had the absolute best experience from tasting to walk through to the day of! Marina and her staff were the definition of professionalism, and made sure we were well take care of. When things went wrong she rallied and helped us problem solve in ways she didn’t have to. I felt all the confidence booking her and she did not fail. She personalized our menu and the food was absolutely delicious! Everyone raved about it! Book her for her amazing food but know you’re getting so much more! They were wonderful!
    Megan Married on 10/13/2018

Hire Barbara and Company!

There are not enough words to express how incredible Marina and her team are! First and foremost, the food is spectacular. So many of my guests told me that the food was not only the best wedding food they had ever had, but one of their favorite meals. Marina was willing to get creative with our menu in multiple areas and the results were incredible! We wanted to have a cake made out of cheese for our cocktail hour and the time and effort she spent helping create the perfect display was unreal. She totally understood my idea and was just as excited to make it happen. She and her team were responsive, helpful, and overall a calming presence in the midst of wedding planning craziness! Plus, they are so kind. I felt so secure knowing that Barbara and Company was on our vendor team- if anything came up that day I knew that they would do whatever possible to make the event perfect! I can’t recommend Barbara and Company enough- it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!
    Kate Married on 10/15/2016
    We used Barbara & Co Catering for our October wedding at Bargetto Winery and had a GREAT experience! Marina was very easy to communicate with and accommodated our request to have all Italian food. The food was delicious and all of our guests loved it! It was a great value for the high quality food and service. Marina also helped us find a great place to get all our rentals and helped us pick them out. We'd highly recommend Barbara & Co for your wedding!
    Dianne Married on 10/08/2016
    Pick this caterer above anyone else!!! Marina went above and beyond to make sure my wedding reception was perfect; making sure people were happy, had drinks, enough food, etc. Her communication before, during and after the event was awesome. I cannot speak highly enough of her and would recommend her company to anyone and everyone who would listen!!!
  • User2717721 2+ years ago
    I am in love with the food that Barbara and Company made for our wedding. My partner and I are both vegan and Marina made us an all-vegan menu that all of our guests loved. In addition, Marina was very easy to work with and she always got back to us right away. My partner and I also really appreciated how well Barbara and Company works with Alexis Party Rental. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend!
    Maddie Married on 05/20/2016
    Barbara and Company is the BEST caterer in Santa Cruz County. I have used them many times for work events, and also for my wedding this past spring. My venue was WAY out in the cuts, and they had no problem with it. We paid extra to have them set up all the rentals (totally worth it) and they captured my vision PERFECTLY. I was blown away with how amazing the tables looked all set up - they really have a great eye for that. Marina is so fantastic to work with there - she's professional yet so friendly, very accommodating yet honest about food and rental choices/options, and is just such a pleasure to work with. I wouldn't even waste my time talking to other caterers - these guys ROCK!
    Laura Married on 09/12/2015
    Marina and Barbara & Co did an amazing job catering our September 2015 wedding. I'm a vegetarian, my husband is not, and Marina was able to provide us with several delicious dishes with and without meat. Multiple people came up to me throughout the reception to tell me how good the food was, and that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer in the area.
    Christi Married on 08/31/2014
    We had a wonderful experience working with Marina from Barbara & Company. She worked with us to come up with a menu that was both within our budget and delicious. We heard some of our guests were seen taking third helpings of the food, and my mom stopped servers to tell them how impressed she was! Marina also helped us with our linen and tableware rentals.

Overall, great service and great food. I would recommend them to friends.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa Married on 09/15/2012
    Words can not express how happy we were to have found Barbara and Company! We used this caterer for our September 2012 wedding and everything was beyond perfect. Marina, the amazing lady that you will be communicating and working with, is such a rare find. She is super friendly, outgoing, positive and an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very responsive to all questions in the year leading up to the wedding and went out of her way to make us feel as comfortable and happy as possible! She was open to our various ideas, our budget but also gave us incredibly helpful feedback based on her years of experience. She was responsive to our needs and answered all our questions promptly, even when we were emailing at random hours of the day. Everything was super-professional and we knew that we were in good hands. After our final meeting, where I had pages of details to cover, we didn't worry about anything because we knew everything would turn out perfect. Everything on the day ran so smoothly. Service was impeccable. Food looked and tasted beautifully, and there was such a variety of innovative food choices to select from. Guests commented on how delicious the food was and I even received emails from various guests, requesting Barbara and Company's contact information. We felt incredibly grateful that we were able to use Barbara and Company at our wedding and so thankful to Marina and everyone who worked with her to make our wedding day magical!