Bamboo Star Studios Reviews

19 | Carlsbad, CA

19 Reviews for Bamboo Star Studios

Annette · Married on 10/05/2013

We had an excellent experience working with the brilliant Evelyn at Bamboo Star Studios. There were certain elements we wanted to include in our invites, and Evelyn was spot on! Not only is she a pro, she is a delight to work with. Evelyn was always quick to respond, and made the process as painless as possible. The end result was high quality stationary that was unique and captured our personalities. (We received a lot of compliments!). We highly recommend Bamboo Star Studios, as Evelyn will surely exceed your expectations.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Kersten · Married on 05/18/2013

Working with Evelyn of Bamboo Star Studios was one of the premier experiences of our wedding planning process! As a smaller shop, she's able to give much more attentive and personalized service to clients, and that care really comes through in her communications. She created a wedding invitation that perfectly nailed the vibe we were going for -- rustic but elegant, fun but informational -- even though we were pretty inarticulate about just what we wanted. In the end, Evelyn has so much experience and creativity that she was able to translate our stuttering into a gorgeous invitation, even using a photograph my husband took as a cover image. Every time I connected with Bamboo Star, I received a response almost immediately. And the price is beyond fair.

I can't recommend Bamboo Star highly enough!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Diana · Married on 09/22/2012

(WeddingWire somehow didn't save the first draft of this but Evelyn is so awesome I don't mind writing it again at all :)) My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Evelyn of Bamboo Star Studios. She is prompt, efficient, professional, pleasant and gifted with art. Our colors were tiffany blue and light coral, and we had a beach theme. We used Bamboo Star for our save the dates, invitations, programs, escort cards, and table numbers, so it all had a lovely cohesive themes. I got some compliments that the invitations were the prettiest they had ever seen! My personal favorite were the programs, which Evelyn had the clever idea of making sand dollar fans with - perfect for the hot sunny September day! Book Evelyn now - you will be thrilled!!

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 09/08/2012

Highly recommend Evelyn and her beautiful work! My wedding planner gave me three vendors to contact for customized stationary and I was most impressed with Evelyn's timeliness, website displaying her past work, and above all professionalism. I mainly worked with Evelyn via emails as this was more convenient given my work schedule. She was great in communicating with me so that there would be no lost in translation. I am so happy with all the final products which include our save-the-date magnets, invitations, seating chart, program fans, etc. She also worked with our photobooth vendor to showcase the same color-style theme for the bottom of the photostrips!

My hubby and I till this day get tons of compliments about how beautiful and creative our customized stationary were! Thanks Bamboo Star Studios!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Bekah · Married on 08/04/2012

Bamboo Star Studios made us the most beautiful invitations!! They were able to perfect our ideas for a custom project and were very easy to communicate with. I love that we were able to go back and forth with a few proofs before we found exactly what we were looking for. They really exceeded our expectations with their creativeness, attention to detail and flexibility. I would (and have) highly recommend this company to anyone looking for absolutely stunning work!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Laura · Married on 07/07/2012

I found Bamboo Star Studios on Etsy, just by chance, looking for different wedding invitations. Evelyn was, in short, amazing to work with. She was prompt, responsive, understood completely our need to incorporate our culture into the wedding invitations. She was patient when we had to change our minds about wording multiple times. She is a perfect choice of stationary vendors. I would recommend her wholeheartedly. I am trying to come up with an event just to use her for my stationary needs!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Erin · Married on 06/30/2012

Evelyn was wonderful to work with! She was flexible, up front, and very open to incorporating our thoughts and ideas into the invitations and save the dates.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Sandra · Married on 05/12/2012

Evelyn has been amazing to work with! I gave her an overall idea of what I was thinking for the save the dates and invitations and let her creativity take over the rest. They both turned out better than I could have ever imagined! I have received numerous compliments on both and I'm quick to let them know about Bamboo Star Studios!

Sent on 04/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2011

Evelyn at Bamboo Star Studios is amazing! She helped me to capture and create the vision that we wanted for our invitations and the results were great! Evelyn was nothing but professional throughout the process and stayed within our budget while providing a high quality product!

Sent on 10/05/2011

D · Married on 07/24/2011

Evelyn at Bamboo Star Studios was such a joy to work with on our invitations! We only had a vague idea of what we wanted, and Evelyn was able to take that and run with it to create a one-of-a-kind design we loved. If you are looking for beautiful, unique invitations, look no further.

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • catfanatic65

Brittany · Married on 07/15/2011

I first found Bamboo Star Studios on Etsy when I was looking for cat-related wedding items. I saw she had done a cat invitation booklet, however, it was out of my budget. We spoke through email and she was able to design a "normal" invitation with the same cat pattern in my colors and in my budget. The final product was absolutely perfect!! I could not have been happier with the invitations, the service, the value - everything. I live in Colorado which was not a problem for her either. I highly recommend Bamboo Star Studios!!

Sent on 08/08/2011

Carolyn · Married on 04/02/2011

we....along with all of our guests... LOVED our invites!!! bamboostar studios did such a fantastic job of making our wedding stationary unique and personalized. the attention to detail, from the colors to the font used, was impeccable! will be recommending bamboostar studios to all of the brides/grooms to be we know! :)

Sent on 08/03/2011

Evelyn · Married on 01/22/2011

I loved my invitations! (Even my mother in law loved my invitations!) They were exactly want I wanted and sooo pretty! I got soooo many compliments on the quality and design. Evelyn was so easy to work with and very easy to get a hold of to go over any last minute details... she's fantastic!

Sent on 03/09/2012
  • Erilynn

Erilynn · Married on 01/01/2011

Evelyn from Bamboo Star Studios was amazing! We had her design our electronic “save-the-dates” as well as paper invitations for our wedding. She was so much fun to work with – we met with her to go over our vision for our invitations, and she showed us many samples of her previous work (which all looked great, so we knew we were working with a professional).
    We chose to go with a simple single-card invitation, and she didn’t bat an eyelash (didn’t try to push us to go with something more elaborate or expensive). She really stressed that we could be as involved as we wanted in the design process – we could do as much as we wanted, or she could just take our general ideas and run with it and show us the results. Evelyn showed us her creativity in helping us come up with fun ideas for our invitations, as well as inspiring us to go with electronic “save-the-dates” which she designed, knowing that we wanted to be as “green” as possible for our wedding (without breaking the bank!) We were also excited with all of the paper options (all FSC certified) she had available, including recycled as well as “plantable” paper (seeds in the card stock that guests could plant to become flowers! So cool!)
    In the end, both our “save-the-dates” and invitations turned out beautifully, and many of our guests commented on how great they looked. We were also surprised at how reasonably priced it was considering the fact that we got custom-designed invitations with a personal touch. The turnaround time was incredibly fast, Evelyn was very reliable and enjoyable to work with, and we would recommend Bamboo Star Studios without hesitation.

Sent on 01/30/2011

Cindy · Married on 12/12/2009

Evelyn was a pleasure to work with and understood our need to be cost effective with our invitation options. She designed the perfect invitation that fit our needs and stayed within our budget. We highly recommend Bamboo Star Studios for any bride who is looking for invitations to her special day!

Sent on 05/12/2010

Kimberly · Married on 09/26/2009

After an exhaustive search online, and going to a few places in Manhattan where we live (eg Papyrus, Kate's Paperie), mu husband and I feel so fortunate to have found bamboostar studios for our wedding invitations and stationery. From the moment we started corresponding with Evelyn, we knew we had made the right choice. For our invitations we had envisioned custom-made cards that were modern, non-traditional, eco-friendly, and not ordinary or "run of the mill". Evelyn was very willing to work with our budget and she guided us through the wedding planning process with regards to wedding stationery (eg number of cards, envelopes, timing). She happily presented us different versions and we played with different color schemes and layouts until we were satisfied. We chose the "koi" cards with the overlay in a red and chocolate brown color scheme, and made them personal with our "chops" or Chinese signatures. Evelyn made invitations, thank you cards, escort cards, menus and programs for us to complete our Asian-inspired look. The final product was amazing, and my husband and I received many compliments from our guests. I would highly recommend bamboostar and plan to use them for future events.

Sent on 05/15/2010

M · Married on 03/28/2009

Wonderful service and very professional and easy to work with! Thank you for your creativity!

Sent on 05/16/2010

Ruth · Married on 06/13/2011

We absolutely LOVED our invitations and have gotten SOOO many complements on them!! They turned out far better than expected!! : )

Sent on 08/03/2011

Elva · Married on 09/05/2010

3.5

Evelyn at BambooStar is great! The wedding invitations were exactly what we wanted and it was so special to have our own unique design. I had looked at so many commercial sources and nothing connected with us. These wedding invitations really embodied our whole event.

Sent on 12/02/2010

Bamboo Star Studios's reply:

thank you for your wonderful feedback, but i'm sorry it wasn't enough to get a full 5 stars! please let me know what we could have done better for you. I think the flexibility issue may have been due to the rushed nature of the order on a very tight timeframe, but please let me know!