Baltimore's Best Events Reviews

90 | Towson, MD

90 Reviews for Baltimore's Best Events

• User7390823 · Recently married

2.0

I had my son first birthday party there. It was another party going on at the same building at the same time and other guest was walking threw my party because the employees didn't make it clear which room was for which party. I paid for a whole balloon arch and I was only giving 8-10 balloons at the top of the ceiling. Nobody came to see if we was okay or needed anything. I had to keep going back and forth to tell them I'm missing things out the package that I paid for threw them. Also my party was not over until 6 but at 5oclock the people who set up started deflating the ball pit which made me upset because i paid for it until 6 so that was very unprofessional. Overall the place was beautiful and set up great but I was not pleased with the service.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Grace · event on 01/29/2016

2.8
      3.5
      3.5
      2.5

I was disappointed with the fact that Confetti's charges for things that should automatically be included in the services. For example, I was told that a coat rack would be extra. I was also told that I could not place my jewels on the table and would be charged if they ended up on the floor. For such a nice venue, the nickel and diming for everything offered turned me off and I am reluctant to recommend it to friends. My husband also had bleach spilled on his shirt and his brother's from an unknown source in the kitchen.

Sent on 02/02/2016

Randi · Married on 06/01/2013

2.6
      2.5

Everyone has something go wrong on their wedding day. We just wish...this wasn't it. For our wedding, we were so excited to come across "Baltimore's Best". With a name like "Best", we thought we couldn't go wrong! We were so excited they were going to make us beautiful, unique, tall, gorgeous balloon topiaries to line the aisles of our carnival themed wedding. Everything was set. The balloons were to arrive at 400 the day of the wedding. We were so excited. We arrived at the wedding venue at 515...we pull up (I could hardly wait to see them!)...there were no balloons. So I call, panicked, and the woman who answered said "she thinks they left" and should be there soon. At 530...our guests are arriving...still no balloons. I call again, more panicked and they lady says "they are still 15 minutes out...don't worry, it's ok". No. Nope. Not ok. Our guests are SEATED and the aisle decor is not there! At 540 I call and she says "they can't be there until after 6." No apologies. Nothing. I'm devastated. Our wedding starts at 6! They know that! i explain if they can't be here soon, to forget it because we were getting ready to walk down the aisle! The woman gets a huge attitude and yells "fine!" and hangs up! So now, it's 15 minutes before the wedding starts...no balloons...and I'm crying. My dad calls back and nicely, calmly asks what happened. She tells my dad there was traffic and that's the issue. Ok, life moves on, we had a beautiful wedding, no balloons, but ugh! The next day we realize...the balloons were set to be there at 400. There are about 20 ways to get to the city from Towson...and they still didn't make it by 600. Someone dropped the ball big time here. If they were stuck in traffic, all they had to do was call and let us know...at any point! To get mad at me, to act like its no big deal that their product hadn't arrived in time for the wedding, to me, is incredibly disappointing customer service. I just wish I could have seen them...:(.

Sent on 06/22/2013

Baltimore's Best Events's reply:

We are very apologetic that we did not provide the balloon decor for your ceremony. We spoke with the father of the bride before the ceremony and he advised us that the balloons were not going to be used for the reception, and that if we couldn't get there in the next 5 minutes, a refund would be expected and the balloons wouldn't need to be delivered. Unfortunately, it was not possible to get there before the ceremony. We had a new driver making deliveries that day and logistics got crossed. I certainly understand this bride's disappointment. I did not have an opportunity to speak with her but I did apologize to her father and promptly issued a refund.

Alice · Married on 07/21/2012

2.4
      1.0

When I initially went to view this venue I fell in love with it n then called back to c if could lock n my date I was told I could set an appt which my dgtr did but dt was not available also advised coordinator that we would only b using venue so contract was set for venue n chairs only with assoc costs I totally made her aware thar only venue was needed was never told abt any addl cost that would be owed until the week b4 my event when I was told abt addl catering cost well shouldn't this have been explained at initial consult??? After all by the time my wedding had come around I had pd all of my expenses associated with this venue so I thought also I might add all of my cost associated withvthe venue had been pd off months inv advance n then b told the same wk of event addl monies us needed. Not good business practice

Sent on 08/24/2012

Baltimore's Best Events's reply:

We charge a refundable security deposit that is not due until the day before the event, and this is stated in our wedding venue contract. This was the only additional monies that were charged and were subsequently refunded after the event.

2.0

I really liked the person we were coordinating with before the wedding, but things just didn't seem to be communicated effectively for the day of the wedding. We paid for linen and silver that we never even used. It was an expense that we never were able to get back. I did enjoy the photographer, she was very friendly and we received our photos in a timely manner after the wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Tracy · Married on 09/07/2013

1.6
      0.5

I was dissapointed with the service.The plates were dirty the photobooth attendant did not print all the pictures out for my guests, the owner tacked on 150.00 additional onto my already paid in full contractand then blew me off when I asked why this was not in my contract.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Baltimore's Best Events's reply:

Per our venue contract, there is a refundable $150 security deposit which is returned immediately following each event. With regard to the dishes, there were 2 dishes that needed to be replaced and we did so promptly. We printed out photos onsite during the event as they were taken. They were displayed for guests to retrieve throughout the evening as favors. Every photo that was taken was printed, however, there is a possibility that some photos were picked up by other guests. We also provided the bride with a copy of each photo that was taken. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

j · Married on 08/22/2015

1.2
      1.5

My husband an I chose the location in Towson for our wedding venue. The location and space was beautiful. We went with the all inclusive wedding package. This included the officiant, centerpieces, favors, invitations, DJ, linens, cake etc. (No liquor). We decided it was most cost effective to bring out own liquor (best advantage of this venue). Gia as the planner and we had a very difficult time with her. The centerpieces the showed us were very awful so we decided to do our own. The food was terrible. We had done a tasting which was a waste of time the first time went because they were not prepared. The second tasting went well,however,it was not the same on our wedding day. The officiant was not dressed. I felt she could have at least worn a pair of dress pants for a wedding,she showed in khakis and a white polo shirt. The invitations were printed on paper that felt like construction paper. They did provide envelopes at least. I would suggest making your own bouquet also. The isle while I walked down as rolling up so my dad stood on the end to keep it in place where it should have been tapped down. I could say much more but I would DEFINITELY suggest a different venue to get a better bang for your buck and a better experience.it is conveniently located directly across the street from a hotel.

Sent on 10/15/2015
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 06/21/2019

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone trying to rent through this company. I spoke with the manager back in January (wedding is late June), and rented chiavari chairs. We got our final wedding count, which was significantly lower than originally thought I called to inquire about a refund. I was very rudely informed that "when I spoke with you in back in January I told you we could always add more but not take away." I’d like to point out this is NOWHERE in our contract. In teeny tiny print we found where it says “all payments are non-refundable.” Never rented chairs before but I'm pretty sure that's the most horrendous way to run a business, especially since so many other things go on while trying to plan a wedding. Now I do recognize i should have paid better attention... but then again shame on your poor business model for taking advantage. I would highly suggest NOT renting from here and going with a much more accommodating rental company.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Baltimore's Best Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the rental of 205 Gold Chiavari Chairs with cushions for your wedding celebration. We received the order with a confirmed quantity in January of this year, we explained that the gold chiavari chairs were a specialty rental, and we reserved the chairs on your behalf and removed them from our inventory so that the confirmed quantity was available for your rental. We explained that payment guarantees your reservation, and no one else would be able to rent the chairs that were reserved for you. We appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to providing you with our services.

Tara Welsh · Married on 01/18/2019

Awful customer service!

The machine I rented was not as expected. I emailed right away that I was unhappy and that I would not be using it. I complained when I returned it. Fast forward, they don't care. They did nothing to try to make it right. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Baltimore's Best Events's reply:

The Karaoke machine was rented and was picked up in person from our location. We demonstrated to the customer how to use the machine, and customer witnessed the machine was working properly. We provided the customer with a binder filled with 200 karaoke CDs. The customer signed an equipment receipt stating that all equipment was received in good working order.

Jessica · Married on 08/11/2012

1.0

My husband I planned our wedding with Confetti 8/11/2012 and will never refer anyone to them. The event coordinator Christina Cloud worked very well with us. However, there was many times miscommunication and specific issues were not address. When we decided to itemize everything we specifically wanted for our wedding versus the service Confetti would offer became a tedious process as I would expect. Even with constant communication via phone and email we still did not receive proper clarification on what we had access too. At the last minute we found out: our cater could not use Confetti’s refrigerator, they forgot and added entertainment tax, hall rearrangement fee, and then had to change the layout of our room scheme cause guest could longer fit in the original format. I originally expected 90 guests. As the date approached I received approximately 130 confirmed guests. Confetti mentioned they could accommodate I believe up to 150 and our hall layout was reorganized. I had no other option but to use this new layout and the day of my wedding we were packed like sardines.

We decided to not use their catering service and I do not know whether this made them offended. However, as the wedding approached and came they gave my cater a hard time and asked her if she was licensed. Of course she was!!! Why wasn't this asked prior??? Additionally, I found out through my parents Confetti did not work with them while they were setting up the hall for my arrival on my wedding day. How inappropriate on my wedding day!!!

UPDATED REVIEW 11/16/2013: GIA LIES AND IS VINDICTIVE!!! She recently called me after 15 months past my wedding cause of the reviews online about her establishment threatening to use my photos. LOOK AT HER FEEDBACK by client it speaks for itself! BEWARE: Look ELSEWHERE SHE IS UNPROFESSIONAL because of her level of poor customer satisfaction. Her establishment may be well to host shower/balloon parties but NOT YOUR WEDDING!!!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Baltimore's Best Events's reply:

On this occasion this particular bride rented CONFETTI'S Event Center in addition to linen & wedding rentals. The bride also hired a photographer through Baltimore's Best Events but only for a portion of the celebration. Baltimore's Best Events was not hired as the wedding coordinator, planner, or caterer. When a customer rents the venue they have the option to provide their own catering as well as other event services. This bride chose to bring her own services. The guest count was increased by 40 people during the week of the event, and we did our best to accommodate the last-minute change. Our photographer captured many beautiful photos of the celebration, and we have them displayed in our gallery. It is unfortunate that we were unable to achieve the bride's vision, and I do greatly apologize for this, as we strive to exceed expectations of our clients. Being in the service industry and being in a small town we rely heavily on referrals. I am happy to say we have 85% of our customers who hire us for multiple celebrations.

Jacelle Copprue · Married on 07/17/2010

1.0

Worst experience of my life

I had my wedding here in 2010 and still handling legal matters. Gia and her staff was so very unprofessional. GIA being the owner was very unavailable and not attentive to my needs as a soon-to-be bride. After the fact she promised me things on my menu she did not deliver them my food was cold from the buffet and then there was extra cost that she did not mention in the beginning. Stay away from this place don't ever ever ever invest your money in this business... worst customer experience in my life

Sent on 11/26/2018

Cheryl · Married on 05/05/2012

0.8
      1.0

We loved the pictures of the venue on their website but what we got was unacceptable. We booked the room in May 2013 for a retirement party. It was horrible! They provided us with stained chair cushions, soiled table-cloths and outdated accommodations. Even worse, they were understaffed and the food was deplorable. Don't waste your time - there are much nicer places and life is too short. It’s really not what they advertise.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Kierra · Married on 07/07/2017

0.6
      1.0

This place is HORRIBLE!! Bottom line they are very unprofessional and rude. I catered a wedding here on 7/7/17 and the staff was very rude to the entire party. They had another wedding that was supposed to end at 5. However when I arrived at the location after speaking to the coordinator of Baltimore's Best, she informed me that the prior wedding wasn't over until 6. Which left an hour for set up, clean up and decorating for my clients wedding which was supposed to start at 7. Upon entering the location, the Bride's requested uplighting wasn't in place and at that time the bartender who works for the venue had to call the owner who then in turn said it was "okay" to give it to her. After she has already paid for it! Disgusting. The event coordinator and her team tried to put water in the centerpieces for the table and was kicked out of the kitchen because we were told the bride didn't "pay for kitchen rental." When I went in there to get water for my chafing dishes I was told the same. We had to use the women's restroom to put water in the things that we could. I was totally flabbergasted and disgusted with the way my bride and her groom were treated. As a caterer I will NEVER suggest this venue to any of my clients. I tried to give them a chance this time after they almost ruined my twins' bday party with overbooking back in Feb but I see this is an ongoing issue for them. They are rude, nasty, unprofessional and blatant disrespectful. I wish I knew the ladies name who was there being nasty to everyone but it's probably the one that gets the worse reviews on a regular. Congrats Baltimore's Best/Confetti's, you have lost a client and vendor for a lifetime

Sent on 07/08/2017

0.4
      0.5

Worst experience ever..... Very unprofessional owner Gia. Let me start from the beginning. I called Gia to set up a time for consultation considering I would be coming from Philadelphia. When I arrived for my first appointment to talk about my traditional wedding she was very attentive. I set my date for the wedding and put in my deposit... Once she got my full payment of ~$4000. Then Gia switched it up. All of a sudden she was charging for everything. I got the package that came with included color linens next thing you know she was trying to charge me $14/each for my linens. I tried to contact Gia 2 weeks before the event to go over the room set up, however she would not respond to emails nor return my phone calls. I had to keep coming down from Philadelphia just to get things done that could have been done over the phone. My event was suppose to start at 8pm-2am, Gia would not allow my decorator to come in and setup prior to 8pm unless i paid her ~$200. What hall does not allow setup time unless you pay extra. I was told by Gia that setup time was 8pm and noone could get in earlier unless I paid her cash. I am so glad I went with another decorator for my back drop because I could tell all Gia wanted was extra money and did not care about the customer. Its unfortunate that her staff is better then her. Also because my event was to have up to 200 people, Gia took this opportunity to try to advertise her business at my expense without permission. I found courtesy cards in the bathroom with my name on it, offering a discount if they mentioned my name. That was very tacky and unacceptable. I told Gia to her face that I would not be recommending anyone to her place of business, because I would not want anyone to go through what I went through with the her. I ended up paying so much money for the smallest hall.... when the other halls are more than half the price with more space. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME NOR MONEY AT CONFETTIS/BALTIMORES BEST EVENT.

Sent on 05/28/2015

L · Married on 05/19/2012

0.4
      0.5

Although I did not book a wedding with this company, I hired their services to provide decorations and centerpieces for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. We had a signed contract and a deposit was made. The day of the event I entered the venue and there were NO decorations, no table pieces, no balloon arch. Imagine the disappointment of my teenager. Aside from that, the owner Gia was rude and defensive when I let her know that is was unacceptable business. They came to the venue and set up the arch which was complete about halfway through the reception and handed me a couple center pieces. I asked for a full refund and was treated with disrespect and contempt. I would NOT recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 03/07/2013

Baltimore's Best Events's reply:

We have been providing balloon decor in Maryland, DC, and Virgina for 14 years and we also can provide them onsite at our venue. This particular event was at a remote location where we provided the balloon decor, supplies, helium, and installation. While installing the arch, the helium tank gauge read that there was 1400lbs of helium but there was actually next to none. This was on a weekend, which resulted in no available resource for additional helium. We explained the situation to the customer and we gave a partial refund for the services that were not completed. We did and still do apologize for our mistake and we have definitely learned to always carry an additional helium tank to offsite events.