Balmorhea Reviews

30 Balmorhea Reviews
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/27/2018

Very beautiful Venue. Very nice staff and managers

Thank you Balmorhea for providing a very beautiful space for our wedding. Melissa was very nice and responsive to us theoughout the planning and after the wedding. The venue was available to us from 9am-12am, which is very nice. My family was able to enjoy their time foe the whole day at the venue. The fountain and the pond was a beautiful background for our outdoor wedding ceremony. My dream wedding was realized at this venue. Thank you!

Kristin · Married on 09/01/2018

I had a very short engagement (6 months) and Balmorhea was FANTASTIC at accommodating the quick turn around time. Melissa and Lynsey are both incredibly sweet but also very professional. There were several times throughout the planning when they made me feel like more than just a customer. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and well maintained, and we LOVED having the HUGE bridal/grooms suite. We received so many compliments from our guests on the venue and how beautiful everything turned out. My family and I really could not have asked for a better experience!

• Brittney

Brittney · Married on 07/07/2018

This venue is absolutely gorgeous, and the property is breathtaking. My husband and I visited 13 different venues when trying to pick a location for our wedding, and Balmorhea was the only one that was even prettier in person than in photos. We had our hopes set on an outdoor ceremony, and even though thundery skies loomed for much of the afternoon the day of our wedding, the rain held off long enough and we were able to have the ceremony of our dreams. The reception space is a good size, and thanks to the layout it didn't feel too big or too small for our 140 person wedding. Melissa was wonderful throughout the whole process, and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with! If Balmorhea is within your budget (or if you can re-work your budget in order to make it fit), you won't regret booking this venue for your wedding.

Brittney · Married on 04/22/2018

I can not even express how amazing my experience was with Balmorhea and Melissa . From the second I called to set up my tour all the way through the entire process I was treated like a princess, just like I was suppose to feel on my wedding day! Melissa was beyond accommodating, she worked around my schedule and made sure that everything I had every dreamed of could become reality. She is the sweetest and always has a smile on her face, not because she had to but because she truly loves what she does and loves us brides. You can just tell she is there to make you happy, and that makes her happy. The venue itself was also STUNNING. The entire venue is very well maintained and this also gives you amazing photo opportunities. So grateful the chapel was finished just in time for our ceremony because it is breathtaking inside and all the thought they put into every detail is what makes it absolute PERFECTION! You would not be disappointed going with Balmorhea as they didn’t even compare to other venues I toured. If you want a gorgeous venue, and someone to go above and beyond to make this the best day of your life, then this is the place and Melissa is your gal! <3 -Brittney C.

Balmorhea 7
    Balmorhea 8
    Balmorhea 9
    Balmorhea 10
    Balmorhea 11

Mark · Married on 02/24/2018

First, this is a beautiful venue. The lakes, the stone bridge, the reception hall itself, everything is gorgeous. The bridal cottage is great for day of and adds so much value. To top it all off, the are adding a beautiful chapel that when complete, will be a wonderful ceremony option.

Melissa, one of the owners, is always responsive and helpful. Our daughter's wedding was absolutely fantastic. Even the threat of rain did not dampen the day. The staff (and especially Lindsay) was phenomenal, even though we had to wait longer than usual to set up the ceremony site because of the uncertainty of the weather. Once the guests began arriving, everything was perfect and in order. I cannot count the number of guests who took time to find me and my wife and say that it was the nicest wedding they had ever attended. Balmorhea is not the cheapest venue, nor is it the most expensive, but it it certainly worth every penny you will pay. We could not be happier with our choice and thankful to everyone at Balmorhea for making our little girl's big day perfect. I highly recommend anyone looking for a special venue to give Balmorhea a look.

Cathleen · Married on 01/20/2018

Balmorhea was everything we were looking for in a wedding venue! After two wedding venues fell through (the second when it was two months away), our coordinator got us in contact with Melissa. She was able to quickly schedule us for a tour, and before we were even out of the vehicle to tour the property I knew I this was the place! This venue is stunning and even better than our original two venues. The property is picturesque and everything is extremely well managed! Melissa and her team are so accommodating and sweet - which just adds to the lure of the gorgeous venue! In the end, we are so happy with how things turned out. Without the crazy series of events that occurred throughout our planning experience, we would not have been able to have our perfect wedding at Balmorhea!

Mallary · Married on 11/11/2017

I absolutely loved this venue! It was everything I wanted and more! The staff was amazing and answered my millions of questions before the big day!

Balmorhea 12

Aubrey · Married on 10/27/2017

I cannot say ENOUGH about this venue! I love this venue and those who work there!!! Not only is it absolutely gorgeous and one of a kind they go above and beyond to make your day special and memorable for you. You have full access to the property and a nice size home on site with separate quarters for you and the groom. This allows everyone to get ready there the day of, which was amazing BTW! The venue itself is stunning without any additional decoration so we chose simple decorations. Melissa is such a sweetheart, she was helpful every step of the way, and made the process enjoyable and fun. Holly was with us that evening for our wedding and was very helpful and attentive. I wouldn’t have changed a thing that day, and loved working with such sweet ladies!

Balmorhea 13
    Balmorhea 20
    Balmorhea 21
    Balmorhea 22

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2017

Melissa and everyone at Balmorhea went above and beyond to make sure my day went smoothly. There was not one problem with my whole wedding experience because of them and this venue! I loved it and it's so beautiful.

Callie · Married on 06/17/2017

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Balmorhea. My now husband and I knew we wanted to get married there the minute we stepped on the grounds, it was so unique and naturally beautiful. Melissa was amazing to work with and she was always quick with responsive with all of questions I had (and I had a bunch of questions lol). We had so many compliments on the venue. In literally every conversation I had at the wedding people gushed about how beautiful Balmorhea was! I highly recommend having your wedding at Balmorhea.

Savannah · Married on 04/29/2017

The venue owners were the most helpful and understanding people that we came in contact with! They were always willing to go the extra mile when they didn't have to and made many accommodations for some personal stuff we had going on. You are in good hands!

jillian · Married on 11/12/2016

Thank you so much for the most perfect venue option around town! I am so very grateful for the most beautiful venue and event team including the coordinator Alison. This team made everything so smooth and I could not have done it without them! Thank you so much! It was the exact Rustic wedding we wanted!

Mandy · Married on 11/12/2016

Balmorhea is an amazing venue!!! My daughter Jill's wedding was absolutely beautiful and we could not have asked for anything else that could have made it more perfect. Thank you so much Melissa you and your staff are awesome and we are so happy with how everything turned out!!

Allie · Married on 07/16/2016

We loved having our wedding at Balmorhea! The property and facility are beautiful. The bridal house was great for our bridal party that morning and the reception hall was perfectly rustic!

Sara · Married on 06/18/2016

What an incredible venue! My husband and I couldn’t have picked a more beautiful setting for the most incredible day of our lives. From the first time we toured the property to the day of our wedding, we were so smitten! The area is so well maintained, and despite all the rain in Texas over the past few months, the property remained in outstanding condition. Our ceremony took place outdoors overlooking the water, and we were so impressed by how shaded the area was. The gorgeous, tall trees kept us and our guests cool the entire day! Melissa was such an accommodating and gracious person to work with! She constantly put us at ease by staying in touch with us and answering our very many questions throughout the entire planning process! It was so rewarding working with someone who is as equally excited for your wedding as you are! Thank you so much to Melissa and everyone involved with Balmorhea! Our wedding was truly everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you for letting us host your special day, Sara! I hope you and Christian are doing well!

Ashton · Married on 03/19/2016

My fiance and I may be biased to this venue due to the location and how awesome the owners are, but we still didn't picture our wedding anywhere else! Melissa was a huge help and i loved how she was always prompt in answering my questions with a sort of "excitement." When you're planning your own wedding and you're constantly talking to people who are less than friendly, it's refreshing that she brought the excitement back into the planning process. The grounds are gorgeous and very well kept. The bridal suite was very accommodating and fun for the whole wedding party. The reception area is grand but with a very comfortable feel. I opted to decorate in a more elegant and classic way instead of embracing the rustic elements. The place is truly what you make it and we couldn't have asked for a better day!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Ashton!! Your wedding was fabulous!

Brittany · Married on 03/05/2016

My family and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding night at Balmorhea. From day one, they were there to answer any and all questions we had in regards to the reception and our vendors. If you're looking for a stunning venue with overly professional individuals, you have found the right place. Melissa Carswell was our main contact and she exceeded all of our expectations when it came to a coordinator! From giving every member of the family a tour of the property to allowing us to come in and try out every decoration to make sure everything was picture perfect to helping with EVERY last detail on the day of the wedding, she was truly a joy to work with. My husband and I were truly blessed to be able to celebrate our special day with the Balmorhea family!!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

It was an honor for us to host your special day, Brittany! I hope you and Zack are doing well and please give my best wishes to your family.

Victoria · Married on 01/30/2016

As soon as I saw Balmorhea I knew I had to get married there! I could just imagine how wonderful the pictures would look with the ponds, trees and bridges. It was so convenient to be able to get ready in the bridal house and then be at the venue. There was plenty of space for my bridesmaids and I and for the groom and groomsmen on the separated side to get ready. The reception was flawless and Melissa was so flexible with us. I would recommend this venue to anyone who dreams of an elegant country chic wedding!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Victoria! You're gorgeous and so was your wedding!

My niece was married at Balmorhea on January 9, 2016. I was her wedding planner. We toured the property with Alison in July. My niece immediately fell in love with the venue and wanted her wedding here. Alison was quick to respond to any questions we had. The day of the wedding ran smoothly thanks to Alison being so organized and detail-oriented. She took care of coordinating all the vendors, making sure that everybody was scheduled for deliveries/set up. Due to the weather, the ceremony was moved inside...and it was beautiful! The reception was beautiful and so much fun! It helped that we had some recommendations from Alison on vendors that had done business out there before. I know my niece will be recommending Balmorhea Events, and I will also!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you for the feedback! We hope everyone had a good time. Please give Taylor our best wishes!

Mia · Married on 08/30/2015

Francis and I could not have chosen a better place to have our simple but shabby chic wedding. The manager Alison was very helpful starting from day one of merely the tour and assisted in making our wedding day one to remember. The property's amenities and decor is amazing and well kept. On the day of the wedding, which was a Sunday the owner, Lisa came out to share her congratulatory blessings and Alison stayed on property till the very end. The preferred food vendor for the venue, cafe Natalie accommodated our food menu and bar which made things run smoothly as well. Thank you Balmorhea, Alison, and Lisa.

Francis and Mia Kamen 8/30/15

Sent on 10/06/2015

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you Mia! We are so happy to hear you thought the venue is as beautiful as we think it is. Best Wishes!

Erin · Married on 03/04/2017

Balmorhea was a beautiful setting for our wedding 3/4/17. The venue is a rustic setting, but more of a chic Hill Country vibe. If you are tired of all the barn wedding venues, check out Balmorhea! We loved that they only do one event per day and their rental period was basically all day.

From my first contact with Melissa, she was always friendly and helpful, and genuinely excited to help make our wedding perfect. She was very responsive to emails, and kindly and patiently answered all my thousands of questions. She is very professional and organized. She even came by to wish us well on our wedding day!

We loved their flexibility with vendors. I would definitely recommend having a Day-Of coordinator at this venue since the venue rental includes the facility, tables, and chairs, and the rest is left to you (which can definitely save you money!). They do provide a list of recommended vendors, which are worth checking out also.

• Tammy

Tammy · Married on 10/01/2016

Balmorhea is a beautiful venue and we received so many compliments from our guests. Melissa was very responsive and easy to work with during the planning process. The outdoor and indoor spaces are both so serene and elegant. The bridal house was such a great space for both the girls and guys to hang out and get ready. We are so happy we had our ceremony and reception here!

Susan · Married on 12/05/2015

We were over the top pleased with the service that we received at Balmorhea. Alison was so accommodating and helpful. My daughter hit it off immediately with Alison. She keyed into what my daughter wanted her wedding to look like and feel like and Alison helped make it happen. The owners were so accommodating in letting us set up tenting and flooring for extra guests. When my daughter told me day of that it looked like what she had been dreaming about, it made my day. It couldn't have happened without the help of Alison and the owners. Thank you for making her dream wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Susan! We still talk about how fantastic this wedding was. It puts a smile on our face to know we could be a little part in her dream wedding. Please give Lexi and Dylan our best!!

stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

This venue is gorgeous inside and out, it was maintained well and everything was clean, prepared, and ready on time for our wedding. We had some change in management in the year between when we booked our venue and had our wedding and had to confirm some details with the owner after the manager had left. The owners are very accommodating, but there was sometimes a delay with emails being returned. (definitely nothing that caused any problems). The venue has great details throughout the property and I couldn't have chosen a better venue. Thank you Balmorrhea team, I loved it!