Balmorhea Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Alan
    Alan L. Married on 01/24/2021

Venue Wedding Review

OKAY this place is amazing. First of all, I want to thank Melissa, Holly, and Lynsey who were involved in my wedding. Y'all were so professional in all your communication both in person and over the phone. I especially want to thank Melissa who was really accommodating with us when we had to make so many changes to our wedding due to Covid. In addition, the venue is to die for. I got so many compliments on the venue from my guests. Also ladies, if you're looking around for a venue pay attention to their bridal suite especially if you have a large wedding party. Here, it was a whole separate house and we had plenty of space to spread out and follow Covid guidelines even with 9 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and hair and makeup staff. Also there is a fridge, microwave and lots of space to eat. All of this to say just book your wedding here. You won't be disappointed.
  • Emily
    Emily E. Married on 11/01/2020

Absolutely Perfect!

Just got married at the Balmorhea, and it was the best decision my husband and I made. The whole property and venue is just breathe taking. Their chapel was what stole my heart. We received so many compliments from our guests of how beautiful the venue is. and I must say that All of Balmorhea's reps. were so sweet and super helpful. We just felt so blessed to be able to get married here.
  • Sydney
    Sydney A. Married on 10/24/2020

Incredible Venue

Balmorhea was such a dream! We could not have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding in October. The first time we walked into Balmorhea we knew It was going to be our venue. It feels so homey, relaxing, and not to mention BEAUTIFUL! Melissa and Lindsey were SO sweet and very helpful. They put all of our worries and fears about COVID to ease and answered all of our questions. We appreciated how open they were for us to visit the venue (multiple times) before the wedding, too. We cannot recommend Balmorhea enough and any couple to get married here will truly love every second. Thank you for making our day so so special!
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 10/16/2020

Would choose this venue all over again

I cannot recommend this venue highly enough! Melissa and her team were so wonderful to work with, especially during the craziness that 2020 has been. They were so responsive, personable, and professional throughout the entire wedding planning process. The grounds themselves are BEAUTIFUL and provide a certain peacefulness to the day that every wedding needs. Not to mentioned there is a great indoor and outdoor ceremony choice as well as a reception hall to fit 300+ guests. If you choose Balmorhea, you can't go wrong!
  • Matthew
    Matthew B. Married on 07/10/2020

Couldn't Be Happier

This venue was very flexible with COVID and helped us make our big day special and what we dreamed.
    Vicki Married on 06/27/2020

Balmorhea was amazing!

Four months before my daughters wedding, we found ourselves in the midst of a pandemic! Unchartered territory for everyone- including our wedding venue.
    Balmorhea turned out to be our constant!
    They kept up with all the rules and regulations and all the changes that happened during those 4 months. I know this because I stayed in contact with Holly (our Balmorhea specialist :) and I even heard from Melissa a few times. Holly answered All of my questions and concerns. She was fabulous!
    Balmorhea was everything we could have asked for- even during a pandemic! They felt our worries and shared in our joy! Balmorhea was the Best!!
    Carol T. Married on 12/21/2019

Beautiful Venue

Beautiful venue. Everyone was very helpful and accomodating.
    Callie Married on 11/09/2019
    We absolutely loved having our wedding at Balmorhea. My now husband and I knew we wanted to get married there the minute we stepped on the grounds, it was so unique and naturally beautiful. Melissa was amazing to work with and she was always quick with responsive with all of questions I had (and I had a bunch of questions lol). We had so many compliments on the venue. In literally every conversation I had at the wedding people gushed about how beautiful Balmorhea was! I highly recommend having your wedding at Balmorhea.
    Hanna Married on 10/20/2019

A wedding venue that has it all and more!

Choosing this wedding location was honestly one of the easiest parts of planning the wedding. My husband and I toured 5 venues/locations before this one and we knew right away. A big part of why we loved the place, besides how beautiful it looked, was because they had everything you would need in one location. The bridal cottage was onsite and so large that we split it between the wedding party for men’s and women’s sides. They have a beautiful outside space which is where we had the ceremony but a few days before the wedding we were worried it would rain. Well, there’s a chapel onsite so no problem there. Very convenient for us and the guests to have reception and ceremony at the same location. And Melissa was super accommodating because my family was from overseas so we toured the venue again when my family came over even after we booked the event. We used mostly email and texts to communicate with her and she is quick to reply. We didn’t have to worry about parking or being too loud or anything you would think of if we had the wedding in town. One thing we were concerned with was Uber/Lyft but we were able to schedule those and didn’t have a problem with people getting home. Again, honestly one of the easiest parts of the wedding planning. Thank you for making our day magical!
    Abram R. Married on 09/14/2019

Great place to have a wedding

Best place to have a wedding!!! It was so nice and the staff were so good at helping with anything we needed. Even with so many guests it had plenty of room for all our needs.
  • User2508688 2+ years ago
    My niece was married at Balmorhea on January 9, 2016. I was her wedding planner. We toured the property with Alison in July. My niece immediately fell in love with the venue and wanted her wedding here. Alison was quick to respond to any questions we had. The day of the wedding ran smoothly thanks to Alison being so organized and detail-oriented. She took care of coordinating all the vendors, making sure that everybody was scheduled for deliveries/set up. Due to the weather, the ceremony was moved inside...and it was beautiful! The reception was beautiful and so much fun! It helped that we had some recommendations from Alison on vendors that had done business out there before. I know my niece will be recommending Balmorhea Events, and I will also!

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you for the feedback! We hope everyone had a good time.

Please give Taylor our best wishes!
    Kerstin Married on 05/11/2019

Absolute Perfection

There aren’t enough words to describe the amazing experience we had at Balmorhea. Melissa was so easy to work with- always available and answered any questions I had. The property is absolutely gorgeous- you don’t need much to enhance it’s beauty. Everyone commented how beautiful it was too! It ended up raining right before our ceremony, so we moved our ceremony to the chapel. While I was soo excited for an outside ceremony, the chapel exceeded my expectations and I even think turned out to be the better choice. You won’t be disappointed with this venue...absolute perfection!
  • F
    Felicia Married on 10/27/2018

Very beautiful Venue. Very nice staff and managers

Thank you Balmorhea for providing a very beautiful space for our wedding. Melissa was very nice and responsive to us theoughout the planning and after the wedding. The venue was available to us from 9am-12am, which is very nice. My family was able to enjoy their time foe the whole day at the venue. The fountain and the pond was a beautiful background for our outdoor wedding ceremony. My dream wedding was realized at this venue. Thank you!
    Kristin Married on 09/01/2018
    I had a very short engagement (6 months) and Balmorhea was FANTASTIC at accommodating the quick turn around time. Melissa and Lynsey are both incredibly sweet but also very professional. There were several times throughout the planning when they made me feel like more than just a customer. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and well maintained, and we LOVED having the HUGE bridal/grooms suite. We received so many compliments from our guests on the venue and how beautiful everything turned out. My family and I really could not have asked for a better experience!
  • Brittney
    Brittney Married on 07/07/2018
    This venue is absolutely gorgeous, and the property is breathtaking. My husband and I visited 13 different venues when trying to pick a location for our wedding, and Balmorhea was the only one that was even prettier in person than in photos. We had our hopes set on an outdoor ceremony, and even though thundery skies loomed for much of the afternoon the day of our wedding, the rain held off long enough and we were able to have the ceremony of our dreams. The reception space is a good size, and thanks to the layout it didn't feel too big or too small for our 140 person wedding. Melissa was wonderful throughout the whole process, and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with! If Balmorhea is within your budget (or if you can re-work your budget in order to make it fit), you won't regret booking this venue for your wedding.
    Theresa Married on 06/02/2018
    This venue is beautiful. The first time and every time I drove up the long driveway up to the venue, I was always in awe... that “take your breath away” kind of feeling. Balmorhea was the first venue Steven and I had visited and literally the last because we booked them lol we fell in love and knew immediately. The outside scenery, the landscape, the venue, the bridal house and the new chapel is amazing. Don’t get me started with the bridal house, it’s a beautiful space for you and the bridal party to get ready and spend time together! We had so much space to work with and take pictures. There is nothing negative that I could say. Because of the location, Balmorhea just takes you out of all the hustle and bustle of the city and cars and you end up with a peaceful, and quiet place full of just laughter for you and your family and friends. Melissa is the owner, and she’s just so chill and lovely, as well as the people who work with her. They are very accommodating and have great communication with their clients. They’re not hard to reach at all. They make picking a venue easy. We were actually very sad when the wedding and the planning was all over cause we had just gotten so close to them. I could go on and on about things in detail..just trust me, you can’t go wrong with Balmorhea wedding and events.
    Brittney Married on 04/22/2018
    I can not even express how amazing my experience was with Balmorhea and Melissa . From the second I called to set up my tour all the way through the entire process I was treated like a princess, just like I was suppose to feel on my wedding day! Melissa was beyond accommodating, she worked around my schedule and made sure that everything I had every dreamed of could become reality. She is the sweetest and always has a smile on her face, not because she had to but because she truly loves what she does and loves us brides. You can just tell she is there to make you happy, and that makes her happy. The venue itself was also STUNNING. The entire venue is very well maintained and this also gives you amazing photo opportunities. So grateful the chapel was finished just in time for our ceremony because it is breathtaking inside and all the thought they put into every detail is what makes it absolute PERFECTION! You would not be disappointed going with Balmorhea as they didn’t even compare to other venues I toured. If you want a gorgeous venue, and someone to go above and beyond to make this the best day of your life, then this is the place and Melissa is your gal! <3 -Brittney C.
    Mark Married on 02/24/2018
    First, this is a beautiful venue. The lakes, the stone bridge, the reception hall itself, everything is gorgeous. The bridal cottage is great for day of and adds so much value. To top it all off, the are adding a beautiful chapel that when complete, will be a wonderful ceremony option.

Melissa, one of the owners, is always responsive and helpful. Our daughter's wedding was absolutely fantastic. Even the threat of rain did not dampen the day. The staff (and especially Lindsay) was phenomenal, even though we had to wait longer than usual to set up the ceremony site because of the uncertainty of the weather. Once the guests began arriving, everything was perfect and in order. I cannot count the number of guests who took time to find me and my wife and say that it was the nicest wedding they had ever attended. Balmorhea is not the cheapest venue, nor is it the most expensive, but it it certainly worth every penny you will pay. We could not be happier with our choice and thankful to everyone at Balmorhea for making our little girl's big day perfect. I highly recommend anyone looking for a special venue to give Balmorhea a look.
    Cathleen Married on 01/20/2018
    Balmorhea was everything we were looking for in a wedding venue! After two wedding venues fell through (the second when it was two months away), our coordinator got us in contact with Melissa. She was able to quickly schedule us for a tour, and before we were even out of the vehicle to tour the property I knew I this was the place! This venue is stunning and even better than our original two venues. The property is picturesque and everything is extremely well managed! Melissa and her team are so accommodating and sweet - which just adds to the lure of the gorgeous venue! In the end, we are so happy with how things turned out. Without the crazy series of events that occurred throughout our planning experience, we would not have been able to have our perfect wedding at Balmorhea!
    Mallary Married on 11/11/2017
    I absolutely loved this venue! It was everything I wanted and more! The staff was amazing and answered my millions of questions before the big day!
    Aubrey Married on 10/27/2017
    I cannot say ENOUGH about this venue! I love this venue and those who work there!!! Not only is it absolutely gorgeous and one of a kind they go above and beyond to make your day special and memorable for you. You have full access to the property and a nice size home on site with separate quarters for you and the groom. This allows everyone to get ready there the day of, which was amazing BTW! The venue itself is stunning without any additional decoration so we chose simple decorations. Melissa is such a sweetheart, she was helpful every step of the way, and made the process enjoyable and fun. Holly was with us that evening for our wedding and was very helpful and attentive. I wouldn’t have changed a thing that day, and loved working with such sweet ladies!
    Rachel Married on 07/23/2017
    Melissa and everyone at Balmorhea went above and beyond to make sure my day went smoothly. There was not one problem with my whole wedding experience because of them and this venue! I loved it and it's so beautiful.
    Savannah Married on 04/29/2017
    The venue owners were the most helpful and understanding people that we came in contact with! They were always willing to go the extra mile when they didn't have to and made many accommodations for some personal stuff we had going on. You are in good hands!
    Jillian Married on 11/12/2016
    Thank you so much for the most perfect venue option around town! I am so very grateful for the most beautiful venue and event team including the coordinator Alison. This team made everything so smooth and I could not have done it without them! Thank you so much! It was the exact Rustic wedding we wanted!
    Mandy Married on 11/12/2016
    Balmorhea is an amazing venue!!! My daughter Jill's wedding was absolutely beautiful and we could not have asked for anything else that could have made it more perfect. Thank you so much Melissa you and your staff are awesome and we are so happy with how everything turned out!!