Bailey Farms Barn & Venue Reviews

4.7
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Addy T. Married on 10/15/2022

Highly recommend!

Bailey Farms went above and beyond to make my wedding day perfect and exactly what I wanted. The facilities are beautifully decorated and clean. The venue property is large enough to have a big wedding, but not feel crammed. Tons of outside space to utilize and enjoy. I highly recommend using Bailey Farms as your florist, as well. Holly did a BEAUTIFUL job with the flowers. Above and beyond my expectations.

Holly and Montana were easy to work with and very willing to help in every step of the process, as well as provided great advice from their experience with other weddings. The service was great and they amazing people to work with. I recommend Bailey Farms to any couple in need of the perfect venue and experience. You will not be disappointed.
  • Myndi
    Myndi T. Married on 10/07/2022

Amazing venue

This venue is simply amazing! When you arrive, you are immediately transported to a country paradise. The thought and detail that has gone into the landscaping is impeccable and this gives your photographer unlimited options for photos. Then you walk into the tent and are transported yet again to a chic, but still rustic oasis. Again the amount of thought that went into the details of the inside of the tent are incredible. Plus they have plenty of decorations for you to use if you choose. The cost of the venue is reasonable and you get a lot of bang for your buck here. But the best part of this venue is the staff. This is a family run venue and they have put a lot of love, sweat, and tears into making this place magical and it shows. They were in constant communication about things and had several meetings to go over the details for the big day. They were also very helpful the day of the wedding. I can’t sing their praises enough! Holly, Montana, and team thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our special day so amazing!
    Amanda Married on 10/01/2022

Absolutely amazing!

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! The staff is very responsive and help make the wedding day go smooth! The tent and outside facilities are very unique! I highly recommend this venue!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Mackenzie G. Married on 09/24/2022

Amazing venue

The best place and greatest ppl
    Marissa G. Married on 09/04/2022

Wedding of my dreams

This venue was BEAUTIFUL and also a great value! Montana made all my dreams come true and was amazing to work with. Multiple ceremony spots, and the tent is heated and cooled so it doesn’t even feel like a tent. You can also rent their farmhouse so out of town guests have a place to stay! Venue planning was seamless with Bailey farms, I promise! If you’re looking for kind of a “one stop shop”, look no further :)
  • Frank
    Frank F. Married on 08/28/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing people and venue!

One of the most beautiful venues in the Des Moines area! They were great to work with and I wouldn’t do a single thing differently. So thankful we found this place. Our wedding ended up like something out of a storybook.
  • Loralei
    Loralei E. Married on 08/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

It was a perfect weekend.

In every wedding ever there’s always hiccups. But Bailey Farms did their very best to take on the stress for even the little things. They are extremely professional and take the time to get to know you so that they make sure your special day is exactly what you want. They work with you and make sure that you enjoy it as much as your guests do. My now husband and I are in awe of how amazing our wedding day was and we couldn’t be happier. They have a million different backgrounds for pictures all at one location. So many textures and opportunities. They do their own flowers on site and have everything you could possibly need or want. We recommend this place to everyone!!!
    Hayley T. Married on 07/23/2022

The Perfect Venue

My husband and I were married at Bailey Farms in July 2022, and the experience was wonderful. We had access to the venue from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. The day of was incredible, and went off without a hitch. The staff was anticipatory and responsive and the venue was stunning. It was absolutely beyond anything I had envisioned. Beyond that, Montana, Hollie and Bonnie, along with many others, made the planning process easy and enjoyable. They were responsive, flexible, professional, and went out of their way to accommodate any and all requests. We cannot recommend Bailey Farms enough and we look forward to planning future events here!
    Alicia R. Married on 07/01/2022

Wedding Day

We are so very happy that we chose to have our wedding at Bailey Farms! They made everything run so smoothly day of! Montana was so responsive to all of my random questions I had leading up to the big day! The attention to detail was amazing! We had rain the day of wedding, but they had people outside making sure everything was all clean and looking beautiful! The space itself is beautiful but the attention to detail makes it even more beautiful! I would recommend anyone to use Bailey Farms Barn & Venue!
    Leah K. Married on 06/18/2022

June wedding

Bailey's was absolutely perfect! Wonderful landscape and set up was amazing! The inside of the tent was absolutely beautiful with greenery and chandeliers! Even though the day was hot the tent was nice and cool! The option of having 2 houses to stay at was icing on the cake with having bridal party from out of town! There are nice patios for guest to use and beautiful landscaping that's a perfect back drop for photos.
    I would recommend Bailey's for everyone's wedding or events!
    Mollie Married on 06/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best experience I could have asked for

Everything about our day was absolutely perfect. The venue was gorgeous and even more so at night. Holly and Montana were with us every step of the way and unbelievably accommodating and worked with us to make our wedding as special as possible.
    Our wedding was nothing but perfect.
  • Dg
    Dg Married on 02/19/2022
    4 out of 5 rating

Great venue!

This is no doubt one of the premier wedding venues I have performed at and In over 20 years of playing music.
    Myrissa Getting married on 10/14/2023
    1.6 out of 5 rating

Sharing my experience…

I am super sad that I have to leave this review. I was super excited to have my wedding at Bailey Farms Barn and Venue. When I first visited the venue, I had asked a few specific criteria. 1. Will the venue allow for 350 guests 2. Can the greenery be taken down. Onsite the owner mentioned that the greenery could be taken down and the guest count was good at 350. After emailing the owner prior to signing a contract - she shared that they prefer not to take the greenery down, however if they have to there would be an additional charge. After signing the contract and a few months later, it was shared that the greenery could come down for a minimum of $350 and $450 to put back up. A few weeks ago - I wanted to visit the venue to see what the scenery would look like exactly one year out from my wedding. Upon arrival, I felt I was treated unprofessionally. The second we stepped into the venue - they told me that I could only have 250 guests now that they have had a few other weddings. They additionally then shared that the greenery more than likely couldn’t come down. Needless to say - I left the venue in tears and with extreme anxiety. A few days later - they let me know that if I wanted the greenery down, it was going to cost $2500 to take the greenery down and $3000 to put it back up. I understand that the venue has a business to run and that they are people too - but I feel it is my right to share my experiences so that if these are important things that you want at your wedding - you don’t have to search for an entirely new venue like I had to.

Bailey Farms Barn & Venue's reply:

Thank you for your review. As we have went back and forth in our emails I would like any future clients reading your review to know that we did our best to work with you and your desires and were not successful.
    We explained that you could have 300 guests inside the tent and guests over that amount would have to be outside and you would have to have a plan in place with inclement weather.
    Upon booking then coming back out on site you had a complete different idea and wanted to strip our tent down to nothing, removing everything. Unfortunately, that would cost more than the original price we quoted you.
    We let you break your contract and have a full refund.
    We were expecting a review from you but were hoping for a truthful one especially coming from a business owner yourself.
    -Bailey Farms Barn & Venue