Bagpiper/Guitarist/DJ- Michael Lancaster Reviews

Bagpiper/Guitarist/DJ- Michael Lancaster 4
  • Kelli

Kelli O'Donnell · Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Michael was absolutely amazing!!!!! We hired him to play the bagpipes for the wedding ceremony and also to DJ our reception.
    We had a destination wedding so we really did not meet any of our vendors until the day of our wedding - Michael I met literally minutes before walking down the aisle and he played the bagpipes so beautifully!!! From there he headed over to where our reception was so he could DJ. Again, he was awesome. He kept everyone on the dance floor until it was time to close up. But what meant the most to me ~ my mother had just recently passed away and I emailed Michael requesting he play something on his guitar for her and asked for some suggestions. He ended up played Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton but not only did he play it beautifully, he sang it as well. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. It was perfect and it meant the world to me.
    I promise, you will not be disappointed in Michael. He is quick to response to all questions. He is prompt and very professional. He far exceeded our expectations and am so thankful we found him.

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Laura

Laura Davis · Married on 02/17/2019

Fabulous Musician and DJ

Michael was our DJ and played classical guitar at our wedding. During our ceremony and during dinner Michael really set the tone by playing the guitar which was such a magical addition to our already perfect day, he was also a trooper because we were married outside with falling snow in about 20 degrees. We’ve gotten so many compliments from friends and family remarking about how talented he is playing the guitar. In addition to his live music skills he was the exact DJ we were looking for and did a great job MCing and helping keep everything on schedule! We wanted to have a DJ who would keep the dance floor full all night long and he did not disappoint. He did an amazing job of playing music for each generation that we had at our wedding. Michael was so responsive and put any worries about the wedding at ease. He provided AV equipment during the ceremony and lighting at the reception. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for live music and a stellar DJ.

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Bagpiper/Guitarist/DJ- Michael Lancaster 5
    Bagpiper/Guitarist/DJ- Michael Lancaster 6

Brian · Married on 11/03/2018

Seriously the best.

He communicated so well throughout the process, and then he was so prepared the night of. Literally, we didn't have to do a thing and my stresses melted away once he got there. He even brought these wireless uplights that he controlled via a remote which made SUCH a difference with our event. He's a REALLY talented guitarist as well. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Andrew · Married on 09/22/2018

Michael was a fantastic person to have as a part of our wedding. It was so nice to have a one stop shop for all our musical needs. He provided the sound for our outdoor ceremony and played guitar. He had music set and ready to go for our cocktail hour and he did a wonderful job DJing the night away, all our guests had a blast dancing to the music. AND he played bagpipes as we marched from the ceremony to the reception hall. It was an amazing site to see all our friends and family walk behind us as we proceeded together as husband and wife. We had a pretty awesome wedding but Michael made it that much better.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Bagpiper/Guitarist/DJ- Michael Lancaster 7
  • Aubree

Aubree · Married on 09/02/2018

A Most Beautiful Accompaniment to A Beautiful Day

We always knew we wanted the bride to walk down the aisle to Duane Allman’s “Little Martha”, but we never thought we’d be able to find a guitarist that could recreate Duane’s singularly beautiful rendition, so we were initially resigned to playing a recording despite having a preference for live music. But then we came across Michael Lancaster in our search. From his website, Michael’s rendition more than matched Duane’s original.

We dug a little deeper to discover that Michael not only was an adept guitarist, but that, coincidentally, he had also been the bagpipe instructor to The Best Man when he was a kid growing up with the groom. So, we knew it was meant to be and booked Michael then and there for our wedding.

The pleasant surprise was just how much we appreciated Michael’s full repertoire in addition to Little Martha. He performed “Bron Yr Aur” for the rest of processional, but you could’ve been forgiven for thinking it was Jimmy Page plucking the strings (and the same goes for Eric Clapton’s “Signe” for the recessional). Then, Michael continued through the cocktail hour, song after song each more mellifluously beautiful than the last, providing the perfect ambient backdrop to the revelry we were all enjoying.

Michael’s contribution was not limited to his performance; he provided valuable technical equipment (lavalier and standing mics, speakers, etc.) that amplified both the ceremony and cocktail hour, all while helping us have one less thing to keep track of ourselves.

If you want the perfect soundtrack for your wedding, hiring Michael Lancaster is our highest recommendation.

Sent on 04/06/2019
    Bagpiper/Guitarist/DJ- Michael Lancaster 8

Katy · Married on 07/14/2018

Great acoustic guitar and DJ music for my wedding reception during dinner and dancing! Thank you Michael for being a great dj and for the av setup during the reception.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Anna · Married on 02/17/2018

Michael was amazing!!!!!!! We booked him for our wedding and he was so easy to communicate with. He came early to the wedding so I didn’t have to worry! He played amazing. Our guests were amazed by him. He is professional and so friendly. I would hire him in a second for an event!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Lindsay · Married on 08/04/2016

I was nervous booking vendors online for a destination wedding but his reviews were excellent so I went for it. I was not dissapointed at all! Michael was professional, kind, and very fast with response to all of my emails. Our wedding venue had to be changed due to rain and he was very accommodating to the short notice change. His music was on point and exactly what I wanted. I would absolutely hire him again in a heart beat. Such a wonderful guitarist!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Michael was amazingly easy to work with! He was able to learn a new song to play at our ceremony and we communicated via email - never met him until the day of our wedding! He also gets extra credit for putting up with my mom (who admitted she was PINA to him) for the "surprise" bagpiping part. Thanks so much, Michael!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Mary · Married on 12/13/2014

If you are going to hire a bagpiper you must hire Michael Lancaster. There is no other bagpiper in Colorado as far as I am concerned, whenever I say bagpiper to any of my vendors or any one who has hired a bagpiper & they immediately say Michael Lancaster. Best price, extremely professional, & more than anything best sound. He knows how to adjust perfectly for inside as well since bagpipes are loud this is not easy! If you hire a bagpiper you must hire Michael Lancaster

Sent on 12/28/2014
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 09/24/2014

Michael played guitar for our ceremony and it was beautiful! He is such a professional and we would highly recommend him to any couple looking for music.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2014

Michael is so friendly and is such a beautiful piper - the minute he started playing the waterworks flowed, both on my end and our guests. He even played a longer song then discussed for a postlude. He was perfect!!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Marissa · Married on 07/26/2014

Michael played the bagpipes at our wedding up in the mountains this past July and it made our ceremony incredibly special. We actually had a DJ play music while the wedding party walked down the aisle, but as soon as the wedding party was standing at the alter, the music faded out and Michael started to play from a distance as I walked down the aisle with my father. It was a surprise to all of our guests, including my dad! The music gave everyone goosebumps (in a good way!) Michael then played all of the music for the recessional / postlude which was just lovely. From day one, Michael was very easy to work with and was open to any ideas that we had for the ceremony. He was prompt to respond to our emails and was on top of all of the details to ensure we were on the same page prior to our wedding day. If you want to add an unexpected and beautiful element to your wedding, I can't recommend Michael enough! I promise that you will not regret it :)

Sent on 09/18/2014

Julia · Married on 06/22/2014

Michael was such a pleasure to work with! He s extremely diligent at providing a quick response to questions and help keep us on task. He was prompt with his arrival and set up and understanding of the madness accompanying a wedding. I would recommend him in a heartbeat to any bride looking for the final touch on ceremony music. It was easy to preview and pick something from his site to know exactly how each song sounded and also to discuss our desires for music outside of his typical forte. Michael's beautiful guitar playing was the icing on the cake to our ceremony in the mountains!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Michael was such an asset to our outdoor ceremony in Boulder, CO. Although we didn't actually meet him until the ceremony, he was so professional and really helped us pick the right music for our ceremony. He played acoustic guitar while people gathered before the ceremony, while I walked down the aisle, and during our cocktail party after. He did a fabulous job of becoming part of our ceremony rather than making himself and the music stand out. I would highly recommend him to anyone for any type of event. Thanks Michael!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/22/2014

Michael Lancaster was amazing!! He showed up early on our wedding day and made sure everything was taken care of. I literally just got to enjoy him play the music without having to deal with running around organizing things. His customer service is great. He follows through and follows up and I even had a thank you email from him 2 hours after my event! His music was truly fantastic and I'm trying to figure out another event I can have where I can hire him again! Thank you Michael for helping in making our day so special!!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Michael was the perfect choice for our daughter's wedding. He was very professional and made helpful recommendations regarding music selections as well being able to perfectly perform her requests. Michael was dressed beautifully in his authentic Celtic clothing. He was a pleasure to work with. Thanks again!

Sent on 03/06/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2013

I was looking for a guitarist for our ceremony and came upon Michael's website. When I saw that he was also a piper I was so excited because my husband LOVES bagpipes. I worked with Michael to make the pipes a surprise, only to be brought out when I began walking down the aisle. It was awesome! He was on top of it when we were planning, making sure to finalize details with me early along. He was easy to reach and accommodated what I wanted the ceremony to look like. A true professional through and through and an extremely talented musician!!!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Michael provided elegant and fun ceremony music, had great suggestions for our processional music, and ceremony service structure. He arrived at the venue right on time and the guests were very complimentary! I'd definitely recommend Michael as an entertainment option for friends and family!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/18/2012

Michael played the guitar and the bagpipes for our wedding and he did a wonderful job! We received so many compliments from all of our guests. We highly recommend Michael for your next event! He is professional, prompt with responding to emails and was very nice!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Michael was absolutely amazing. From the very beginning when I emailed him, he was super polite, quick to respond, and helped guide me in choosing the right songs for our wedding. There were a couple songs I asked if he could play, and if he couldn't he would suggest alternates, which ended up working out even better.
    His bagpipe and guitar was so touching during the ceremony that it made me cry (and several others).
    I highly recommend him to anyone who wants bagpipe or acoustic guitar. He is a true artist.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Sherryl · Married on 10/08/2009

We had a Renaissance themed wedding and we loved working with Michael! He was professional, had a great selection of music and we've already referred him for anyone wanting excellent music and a great value! He made our event more special.

Sent on 02/27/2014

Kevin · Married on 08/22/2009

As a professional musician myself, the quality of the live music in my wedding ceremony was of the utmost importance. Michael was a consummate professional and a true pleasure to work with. He was a prompt and responsive communicator with all phone calls, and was incredible in working with us to give shape to our ceremony. Additionally, Michael was a great collaborator with the singers who were performing and was responsive to making sure that we could have the songs we wanted on our special day. We knew that with Michael the music in our ceremony was in very capable and talented hands, and would highly recommend him to other couples.

Sent on 02/28/2014

Kristine · Married on 10/11/2008

Michael did a great job. Played pipes through the ceremony and guitar for dinner. It was fabulous.

Sent on 10/24/2008