Backthird Entertainment Reviews

Backthird Entertainment 2
Backthird Entertainment 3

K Aschenbach · Married on 09/07/2019

Excellent!

DJ Scott Krema did a terrific job at my wedding. He was kind, professional and communicative. The dance floor was full all night! I only remember one song not working well, and Scott changed to a requested song mid-way and the floor was full again.
    Thanks again for a wonderful party, Scott!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
    Backthird Entertainment 4
  • Yasamin

Yasamin · Married on 08/24/2019

Stephen kept the party going!

Backthird Entertainment exceeded my expectations. I reached out to them about a year and a half before my wedding. Stephen stayed in touch with me for that entire year and a half, checking in on the planning process and asking how he could help. He even met with me for coffee a few months before the wedding because he wanted to be sure that he understood our vision, music tastes, etc. The dance floor was full all night. So many people came up to me afterward and commented that they had never seen such a creative DJ - his transitions between songs were so fun, and he was flexible and knew how to keep the party going. He also provided all of the sound equipment for the entire day. We played a video during the reception, and even though he wasn't responsible for the equipment, he quickly jumped in when it looked like the sound wasn't working.

Honestly, there is no reason to consider using any other DJ. Backthird is the best of the best!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Kim · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing all around

Backthird was easy to work with and flexible during the planning. They set everything up without a hitch. Most importantly everyone loved the music. There was a ton of dancing, some singing, and a lot of fun. Everyone was saying how much they loved the music.

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Anne

Anne Shover · Married on 07/13/2019

Best DJ Ever!

Backthird Entertainment did an amazing job with the music at our wedding. For the ceremony, we went with pop strings (violin, cello and guitar). Unfortunately our violinist was ill the day of the wedding, however, the cellist and guitarist did such a good job that no one (including myself) noticed. The only reason I knew about the missing violin was I woke up to an email apologizing and giving us a partial refund which I thought was spectacular customer service. Our DJ Brianna was phenomenal! The dance floor was packed from immediately after dinner to the end of the reception at midnight. Every song she played was amazing, and she never resorted to playing those silly dances like the chicken dance and the cupid shuffle that is played at every wedding (we asked her to try not to play those). My friends and family keep saying that she was one of the best Wedding DJs they’ve ever experienced. Brianna was the best part of our reception, and I can’t thank her enough for making our wedding reception a night to remember!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Samantha Kotel · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing DJ!!

A DJ can make or break a night, but DJ Mike definitely made our wedding night a blast!! The dance floor was packed the whole night and everyone had so much fun!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • frommstoprys

S J · Married on 05/25/2019

Best DJ Ever!

Stephen and the Backthird Entertainment crew did an OUTSTANDING job with the music at our ceremony and reception! When my husband and I didn't know what kind of ceremony music to play, Stephen had some great suggestions for us based on our musical tastes. And the guests at the wedding all raved about how great the music was the whole night! You will NOT regret booking with Backthird Entertainment and Stephen!! I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding 4.13.19

We were recommended BackThird by The Haight. We were looking for DJ who was able to help us keep the dance floor going all night. They did not disappoint. Stephen helped us from the beginning. From setting up a custom playlist, to helping us weed out songs we wanted on our Do Not Play list. Stephen also helped us put together a unique list for our ceremony & cocktail hour. He also did an excellent job picking songs to help keep the night going. We are eternally grateful for helping us make our wedding night a day to remember!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • bailey

bailey · Married on 10/20/2018

An easy choice!

We were not quite sure what we wanted in a DJ and musicians until we were introduced to Backthird. Scott was our DJ and he nailed what we were hoping for out of our reception! He played everything we wanted and took the night exactly where we wanted it to go. No one was ready for it to be over as the reception came to a close. We also had the pop trio at our ceremony and cocktail hour. It was so cool! We loved that we could mix our favorite songs with classics and it all felt so beautiful. We played the game of thrones theme song and taylor swift during cocktail hour and it felt so appropriate. The online tool makes working with Backthird a breeze. We put what we did and did not want, as well as genre ideas and they take it from there. Being able to book a DJ and live musicians together made it simple too. We highly recommend working with Backthird!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/05/2018

Stephen from Backthird and his assistant helped DJ my wedding last week and they did an amazing job. Very easy guide to select and request songs to prep for our wedding. They communicated so much with us to make sure our day was perfect before the wedding.
    When the day came, fhey played every single one of our songs... we even requested a Metallica song... and they made it work at a wedding...EVERYONE left at my wedding was dancing to it. It was incredible. During the night they informed us before certain dances to be ready on the dance floor and prepared, they did this all night to make sure everything was perfect... everything WAS perfect.
    For us our music for our wedding was very important, and they delivered the best service.
    If I could give more stars I would. Im not sure how the other DJs are .. but Stephan was incredibly talented.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Joseph · Married on 08/18/2018

We used Backthird Entertainment for our wedding in August and the DJ was great. Jack did a great job of playing music that got the crowd going and he did a masterful job of keeping the wedding on schedule as the night progressed (even tracking down the coordinator when things started to drift). I would highly recommend Backthird if you are looking for a great DJ and Jack Murray in particular.

Sent on 08/27/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2018

Backthird made our wedding day so amazing! From helping us make music selections to giving us the party we envisioned, their services were affordable and definitely worth the investment. Our DJ, Stephen, was full of energy and did a great job making our personal musical tastes a priority. He even went out of his way to test out a mashup of two of our songs as a surprise for my husband! For our cocktail hour we had a jazz duet featuring Louise Kelly on piano and a wonderful bass player (whose name I unfortunately have forgotten), and we received so many compliments on the way they added to the ambiance of the space (the original lobby of the Paramount Theatre in Aurora, IL). Thank you, Backthird, for giving two music nerds a perfect wedding day soundtrack!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Alex · Married on 05/19/2018

We found Backthird on the Knot as one of the top DJ companies. I reached out to them to get a quote and Robbie got back to me quickly. Robbie was my point of contact and he was awesome. Throughout the entire process he was friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful. He walked us through the entire process. We had the pleasure of having Scott be the DJ at our wedding. He has to be the best DJ they have, because he was phenomenal!! He helped us plan in advance and took us through the entire day. He provided sound and was the master of ceremony for the ceremony and during the reception. All of which he handled so well and was perfect. He received little changes to the plan so well both before and during the ceremony. Smooth transitions and was awesome at playing the master of ceremony. His playlist, a mix between some requests by us and his own choices, got everyone one the dance floor! Even people who don’t dance were out on the floor till last call. Everyone said the DJ was awesome and that they had a blast. We could not have asked for a better DJ nor a better company. The price was so reasonable to have the confidence in our DJ. We put our trust in Robbie and Scott and they both went above and beyond. Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect. This company is simply the best there is and you can’t go wrong with them for your event. Backthird will always have my trust and I will definitely use them in the future!

Sent on 07/20/2018
  • enigmaticjello

Amanda · Married on 10/27/2017

Backthird was a preferred vendor for our venue, and for good reason! They were wonderful and they knew their way around the venue, so we were not in the least bit worried. We had a DJ for music during the ceremony and reception as well as a photobooth. Our DJ was DJ Keaton Michael and he was amazing! We are definitely not your cookie cutter couple and I knew as soon as we chatted that we were going to have a great event and that he understood what we were all about. Unfortunately, our guests started leaving before the party really got started, but he was sure to go around and get requests to try and get people on the floor. He truly made our wedding the best that he could and was very creative in his suggestions for music. We highly recommend DJ Keaton for couples who are a bit out of the box! The photo booth was a huge hit as well. Out guests had a ton of fun and the tech that ran it was friendly and inviting.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2017

Backthird was a great DJ experience from start to finish for our wedding! Very responsive, organized, fun and accommodating. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2017

My husband and I used BackThird Entertainment for our September 2017 wedding. We had DJ Kelvon for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He did a FANTASTIC job. He was super accommodating, took time to talk with us prior to the wedding to make sure he had all the day of details covered, and was so professional. Our reception was a blast and our dance floor was filled the entire evening with guests of all ages. We had no issues with microphones or sound systems which was such a relief. Thank you DJ Kelvon and BackThird Entertainment, you guys are awesome! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Heidi · Married on 07/15/2017

Backthird was SO worth the investment. We knew that we wanted a string trio for our ceremony/happy hour/dinner and a DJ for our reception, but the thought of having to hire two different music groups was overwhelming. Thankfully, Backthird provided both types of music!! Gemini Strings Trio was wonderful - they are talented musicians and play a wide variety of music. DJ Kelvon was awesome - very down to earth and fun. He kept the dance party going all night - he even got people to dance that I've never seen dance before! Backthird was amazing. Seriously, hire them.

Sent on 08/07/2017

David · Married on 06/17/2017

My Wife and I just used Backthird's string band Twin Strings for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were absolutely amazing! They were very professional and played wonderful modern songs during our cocktail hour. We highly recommend them for any wedding. They are easy to work with and are hassle free. Thanks Twin Strings!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Kim · Married on 04/22/2017

Backthird was great. Our account manager communicated pretty frequently which was nice to know we were top of mind - without being excessive... and the reminders to fill out the online portal were very helpful :). Kelvon was our DJ and even though we were his first brunch wedding he did AMAZING! Our guests were dancing all day and we got a bunch of compliments on how fun the mix of music was. I also really appreciated how he kept us on schedule, while still checking in with me and my husband to make sure timing was working for us during the reception. He even ran to get us a plate and knife to cut the cake when the reception venue forgot to!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Sabrina · Married on 04/08/2017

Working with Backthird from start to finish was such a great process! I would highly recommend them for their DJ services, but what I felt set them apart from other DJ's I met with was the live musicians they offered for our ceremony. It was so beautiful and exactly as I always imagined.Our guests loved the music that was played and the dance floor was busy the whole time!!

Sent on 11/16/2017
    Backthird Entertainment 5
    Backthird Entertainment 6

Matt · Married on 03/25/2017

We hired DJ Keaton Michael and he was the best. He was completely accommodating and did everything exactly as we requested it. He was extremely friendly and a great MC. Everyone at the wedding raved about how much of a good time they had and DJ Keaton was an important part of making our night special.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Susan · Married on 12/29/2016

Dj Scott Krema did a fantastic job

People sang and danced until the reception ended at midnight! Everything went smoothly and professionally and we all had a great time!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Anthony · Married on 10/29/2016

A great experience. From selecting the songs on their website, to the calls with the DJ, to the intros & dance floor, everything was easy to do and very exciting. They worked with our style and our guest demographic and delivered! DJ Keaton got everyone dancing and kept them dancing!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Valerie · Married on 10/15/2016

DJ Keaton was phenomenal! Our families have been raving about how perfect he captured my husband and I's personalities and kept everyone dancing the night away. Everything was absolutely perfect and we owe a large portion of the success of our reception to how well Keaton listened to our vision. Thank you for making our big day so memorable!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Tabitha · Married on 10/01/2016

Our wedding was on October 1st, 2016 and we had Kelvon as our DJ. He was absolutely AMAZING! He used our musical taste and blended it with songs that fit right in with what we wanted. We couldn't have asked for a better person to DJ our wedding. If you truly want to have a fun wedding (we had to kick everyone out at the end of the night because they kept dancing!), he is your guy and will make your wedding music what you wanted and more! We can't thank Kelvon enough, you made our day so special! My husband and I are huge music lovers so this was very important to us and he did not disappoint!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Bob · Married on 09/10/2016

My bride and I selected Backthird Entertainment to provide music for the cocktail reception, dinner and dancing at our wedding and we were very pleased with the results.
    It was really “one stop shopping” in that they could provide the performers for whatever musical needs we had. I met with Amanda, our Account Manager, some six months before the event and we mapped out what our needs were, the options we had and what the cost would be. There are various musicians and DJs in the Backthird stable and we ended up choosing Gemini Strings for cocktail and dinner music and Andrew as our DJ. Through the whole process right up to the week of the event Amanda kept in communication with me, providing contact information for the musicians and DJ, making sure we filled out our preference forms, and generally ensuring things were on track.
    Gemini Strings played instrumental music and the mood or style for cocktails was smooth but upbeat, and dinner was a little more subdued. Dorothy, the head of the group, and I spoke on the phone two weeks before the event and she got a good feel of what we were looking for. They provided just the right touch for our event and we were very pleased with Gemini Strings in all respects.
    We followed a similar process with Andrew, our DJ. Ten days before the event we met and went over the type of music we wanted, the age range of people who would be at the event, what songs we wanted for our cake cutting, first dance, bouquet toss, etc. and some special announcements that were needed. Andrew took it all in and on the day of the event did a terrific job. He made sure our “must play” list was completed, read the crowd in terms of songs to play, changing pace when called for, had a special anniversary dance/game that was fun, and made sure the night kept moving along and most everyone had fun on the dance floor.
    The music Backthird provided helped make our wedding a success and I'd recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 09/22/2016