Asbury Hall at Babeville Reviews

Asbury Hall at Babeville 5
Asbury Hall at Babeville 6
Asbury Hall at Babeville 7

Sara · Married on 05/24/2015

My husband and I had our cocktail hour and reception at Asbury Hall and it was the best decision we made while planning! Austin runs a tight ship and it shows - his staff was accommodating, gracious, and efficient. Aesthetically, you couldn't ask for a more beautiful venue - between the balcony, the wood, & the stained glass, the room is breathtaking. The food was incredible - we had a hard time choosing at our tasting! The best part of the whole experience, though, was Austin. He made planning an out of town wedding a breeze! He worked around my schedule, answered my emails within minutes (I've never seen someone answer emails so quickly before!), and he made sure I knew exactly what was expected of me (dates of deposits, counts, etc.). He even sent reminder emails when important due dates were approaching! I can't recommend Asbury Hall enough!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

Our experience with Asbury Hall was phenomenal! I don't even know where to begin about how excellent it was working with Austin. We knew immediately after getting engaged that we wanted to have our Ceremony and Reception at Asbury Hall. From day one Austin was so helpful and always available to answer any of our questions. What initially brought us to Asbury Hall is obvious. The building is absolutely beautiful. The woodwork, stained glass windows and all of the original details throughout the building consistently blew us away. Austin has so much patience and is extremely knowledgeable about the entire wedding planning process. Everything was clearly outlined and explained to us throughout the entire experience. Our guests have continuously been telling us about how delicious the food was and how fantastic the service was. We were told by so many people how friendly the staff was and that makes us both so happy to hear. Our wedding was the most important day in our lives so far and Austin and all of the staff at Asbury Hall played a HUGE role in making our day flawless. If you're looking for a place to have your wedding, you should absolutely get in touch with Austin and I'm confident you won't be disappointed.

We cannot thank everyone at Asbury Hall enough!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Asbury Hall at Babeville was the best choice we made when it came to our wedding. The venue is amazing. The history and grand size of the Hall is breath taking. We got along with staff throughout the whole process and I already miss them. The food was delicious. There were a lot of options to gear our wedding towards our winter/Christmas theme. I highly recommend this venue site.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Melissa · Married on 11/08/2014

Our reception at Asbury Hall was everything we hoped for and more. Austin and the staff worked very hard and made sure that everything was exactly they way we wanted it. The venue is beautiful. The architecture and history in this building are breathtaking. There was an art exhibition at Hallwalls Contemporary Arts Center (in the same building) on the day of our wedding, and it was open for our guests to view for free during our cocktail hour. There was a private room fully stocked with champagne and beer just for the wedding party and we used the room for relaxation time before the reception began. The food was incredible and the staff was super friendly and efficient. Our guests had a wonderful time, and we got so many compliments on the venue. From our very first meeting, Austin was a god send. He was very knowledgeable and helpful, and he was always a calming influence when we contacted him with our (many) questions. We had a great experience with Asbury Hall!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Allison · Married on 10/25/2014

We had our wedding reception at Asbury Hall on October 25th 2014 and it was a dream! From the very first day of touring the space, Austin made the stressful wedding process a breeze. He answered all of our (many, many) questions immediately throughout our year of planning and even gave his professional opinion and suggestions when we asked. I wrote a very specific list of instructions on how we wanted the reception tables set up and they were executed to a tee and then some! From the mantel setup, to the centerpieces, the dessert station and even the card table no detail was overlooked! It is obvious how hard Austin and his staff work to make sure everything is exactly as you like, and it was truly perfect! We received so many compliments on our reception especially the beauty of Babeville along with the delicious food and excellent bar service! The staff paid close attention to not only our head table but both sets of parents tables to make sure everything was going smoothly and everyone was happy! The bridal room/suite downstairs was filled with drinks specifically for the bridal party and a place for us to take a minute to ourselves during the reception (which was often needed!) Also Asbury Hall offers an after hours extended bar from 12-2am in the downstairs 9th Ward which my guests loved! It was nice to spend extra time with family and friends after the reception while eating La Nova pizza and Mighty Taco we had brought in :) To give Asbury Hall, Austin and the staff 5 stars is an understatement, truly it deserves 10! I highly recommend this venue- It was one of the best decisions we made!

A HUGE thank you again to Austin Scaccia I don't know how we could have done it without him!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Tim · Married on 10/18/2014

I wanted to write a note to thank you for the wonderful experience we had at Asbury Hall at Katie & Michael's wedding reception Saturday​. Numerous guests have contacted me since the event and all have commented on the superb dinner, the great service, and the amazing attention to detail the staff provided. Everyone from the banquet manager down to the young man holding the door was well acquainted with their jobs and seamlessly worked together to provide an excellent experience. I have planned many banquets in my lifetime and none can compare to what you provided.

Oftentimes wait staff think the evening is about them and forget the basic rule of customer service. Your staff however, was mainly invisible until something needed to be done and they were right on it without being asked. The bartenders blew everyone away with their fast and accurate service, combined with their near photographic memories.

Lastly it goes without saying, the venue itself created an almost magical experience for the guests. I wish we had a videographer on duty to focus on capturing the expression on guests faces as they arrived. It was almost priceless.

I will be sure to sing your praises to everyone I come in contact with who may be looking for outstanding banquet accommodations​.

Most Sincerely,

Tim Pazda

Sent on 10/26/2014

This place is amazing. There is no other way to describe it. The staff went above and beyond taking care of myself and all our guests. The food was outstanding. The extremely positive feedback I have been receiving from the guests says enough. It's also gorgeous and owned by Ani!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Mary Ann · Married on 10/04/2014

My wedding at Asbury hall was the wedding of my dreams. I worked with Austin, who said yes to pretty much all of our requests and would email or call back always the same day if not within the hour. He and his staff were respectful and very helpful. The venue itself was so beautiful and easily able to accommodate the 160 people we had. Lastly... the food. I had many of my guests raving about the steak, salmon and chicken choices that we had and many said they would go there as a restaurant. It is in the heart of Buffalo and easy for out of town guests to stay at many hotels in the area. It was the perfect place for my wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/03/2014

We could not have had a more amazing experience as we did having our wedding ceremony and reception at Asbury hall. Working with Austin and his staff was so easy that there was nothing to worry about, they had it covered! The venue is so unique and beautiful, I got nothing but complements on our venue choice many saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to. They have a kick ass sound system setup for our dj to plug into. Not to mention the food was absolutely phenomenal! We also had an after party which was the icing on the cake and definitely recommend if you choose this venue! Could not have been a more perfect night!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Colleen · Married on 09/13/2014

If you are looking for a gorgeous, historic venue that caters to your smallest request, provides quality service, and strives to make your your vision of that perfect wedding come true, call off the search. Austin and his expert team of creative, attentive professionals can do it all! Asbury Hall is, hands-down, the ONLY place in Buffalo to have a wedding reception!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 08/30/2014

We had our wedding at Asbury Hall and it could not have been more perfect! Over a month later and were still receiving compliments from our guests - from the phenomenal room, enhanced with several lighting options made possible by the unique set up (balconies, high ceilings, stage, curtain back drop, etc) to the absolutely amazing food to the attentiveness of the wait staff and bartenders - our guests are raving about it all. From the minute my husband and I walked into the finished room the day of the wedding it took our breath away. Austin and his team worked so hard to set up everything exactly like we had asked and then some. We purchased our linens instead of renting them and Austin was available to answer every question I had about table cloth size and length, runners, napkins, etc and the day of the wedding his team worked so incredibly hard to put the room together and it couldn't have come together more beautifully. Austin answered all of my emails within the hour of me sending them no matter what the question was (and I had lots of questions!!). He was flexible in allowing us to offer both a steak option as well as a dual steak and seafood dinner option and the food was INCREDIBLE. We also utilized the after party option in the downstairs bar and everyone had an amazing time - I would highly recommend going with the after party if you choose this venue. We were allowed to bring in outside food at the after party so we were able to offer our guests some of Buffalo's favorites (Mighty Taco, Jim's Steak Out, etc). Austin is a true professional and you can't go wrong with this venue! Unique and beautiful inside and out!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Asbury Hall at Babeville is truly an outstanding wedding venue! From the earliest planning stages, the event manager, Austin, was extremely helpful and easy to work with. He made the process effortless. On the day of the wedding, everything was just perfect. The venue was magnificent with wonderful acoustics and lighting. The food was absolutely delicious, and Austin and staff could not have been more attentive and accommodating. When guests started arriving early due to a sudden thunderstorm, they took it in stride, opened the cocktail hour and made everyone feel welcome. When a guest arrived long after the dinner service, they quickly had a fresh, hot meal prepared for her. The service captain, Gisela, asked us over and over what she could do for us throughout the evening. Everyone did their jobs so professionally and all of our guests all said it was the one of the nicest wedding receptions they had ever attended.
    We would wholeheartedly recommend Asbury Hall to anyone looking for an exceptional event venue.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Dr. Michael · Married on 07/31/2014

The venue and the staff made for a dream wedding. Austin and his crew were incredible. They were professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and willing to go out of their way to make this day perfect in every possible regard. Austin answered every question and concern that we had within minutes and was accessible via text, email, and phone. He had a full list of vendors for us to choose from when we were trying to find a bakery and an officiant. It seemed like our questions were answered before we could even ask them.

The facility is completely unique and marvelous. Parking was convenient and easily accessed by our elderly guests. Some hotels were even within walking distance for our out-of-town guests. The bridal party suite was just what we were looking for. The after-hours bar downstairs provided for a more intimate experience with our close friends and family. The stained glass windows, original stone walls, vaulted ceiling, gorgeous woodwork, and beautiful floors made for breathtaking photos.

What a wonderful day! What an incredible experience! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Danielle · Married on 07/12/2014

Our wedding reception at Asbury Hall was a dream come true! Austin helped make our wedding day run smoothly. He was very easy to get ahold of and he made himself available to us to answer any question we had in the months leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding Austin's staff proved to be just as professional and helpful. Our guests had an amazing time and raved about our wedding and the food for months to come. Choosing Asbury Hall for our wedding reception was the best decision we made!!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Jackie · Married on 05/24/2014

My wedding was my family's second time using Asbury Hall and they exceeded our expectations on everything again and again! Fabulous venue and the food choices are all decadent and delicious. It's extremely hard to choose an entree if you have the privilege to go to the food tasting. Austin and staff were incredibly flexible and accommodating and made our day so beautiful and stress free. The choice is easy if considering Asbury hall, tremendous experience and incredible support and responsiveness from the first conversation with Austin through the wedding day. Couldn't have been happier with our experience!!

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/23/2013

Wow! is the only word I can think of to describe Asbury Hall. Thanks to Austin and his incredible staff, our wedding reception was perfect. The place speaks for itself in that it is a gorgeous, trendy and unique venue. But what really makes this place special is the attention to detail, flexibility and stupendous customer service.

My guests raved about the food- the filet in particular was cooked perfectly. My guests raved about the bar- not only was it already at its base better than any other bar at any other venue we looked at (and we looked at a lot), but the bartenders were happy, friendly, personable, fast and attentive. No one waited for a drink and the drinks were not watered down. They remembered people and what they were drinking. They were incredible.

Behind the scenes, my head waitress seemed to be at my side every time I needed her. If I needed a drink, there she was with one. If I had a question, there she was to answer. At one point, I put down my champagne toasting flute, and she swooped in, cleaned it up, smiled and handed me another one in a different glass so she could store my flute before anything happened to it. I have never seen such good customer service in all my life at a wedding or anywhere.

Not to mention Austin was outstanding. Anything I wanted he made happen. His staff cleaned up all our things and let us pick them up later so we did not have to worry about it that night. He set up everything for me and made the place look spectacular. He made suggestions and recommendations and just bent over backward to make it the best day of my life.

If you are looking for a place to have your wedding, wedding reception, or any event really, I strongly suggest you look no further. This place has everything you need in everything. Well exceeded our expectations. Thank you Austin and Asbury Hall staff for everything!

Sent on 11/26/2013

kristin · Married on 09/14/2013

Thanks to Austin and his team, our wedding reception at Asbury Hall was flawless. There is nothing that I would have changed. Everything from the communication with Austin, to the FANTASTIC food, to the set up and breakdown of decor was PERFECT. I would highly highly recommend Asbury Hall to anyone looking for a venue for an event.

The guests raved about the food and how beautiful and unique the venue was.

From the beginning to the end, Austin made everything so easy. He answered all my millions of questions. Even the day of Austin made sure everything ran smoothly. As a first time bride :) I was clueless on just about everything, but Austin helped with all the little details and I can't thank him and his team enough!

THANK YOU for making my wedding so memorable and perfect.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Shawn · Married on 11/10/2012

We only used Asbury Hall for our wedding reception - and it was incredible! The venue was amazing and the food by Exquisite Catering was delicious. We received so many compliments on both the venue and the service/food. Austin was my contact for coordinating the entire event and he was beyond helpful. He was very responsive no matter the day or time, and made me 100% confident that they would do an amazing job on the day of. They didn't disappointed! From dropping off our stuff two days before to the day of, everything was great. I would highly recommend Asbury Hall for your wedding reception venue. My husband and I searched multiple venues before decided on Asbury Hall. Though it's a bit pricier it's not that much more compared to other venues and it's worth every penny for the experience. Your guests won't forget it!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Hayley · Married on 11/03/2012

Beautiful location, delicious food, great wait staff!

Sent on 02/02/2015

Mike and Erin · Married on 06/30/2012

Asbury Hall is far and away the most beautiful, unique venue in western New York to hold your wedding! Our guests were awe-struck when they walked through the door. Austin is incredibly professional, friendly and easy to work with. He was always open to meet and answer all of our many questions. On our wedding day, the facility was clean and set-up exactly as we discussed. The staff was also friendly and professional, and went above and beyond to make sure everyone was taken care of.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Karla · Married on 10/29/2011

My daughters wedding ceremony and reception were held at Asbury Hall. The building is amazingly beautiful, the food was out of this world and Austins attention to every detail was incredible. So many of our guests commented that it was the most amazing wedding they'd ever attended. Everything went so smoothly. What an incredible day it was!

Sent on 11/23/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2010

Cannot rave about this place enough!!!! Austin was accommodating at every turn, so easy going, and great to work with. The place is gorgeous-no decoration needed. The sound system is awesome, and the wait staff was incredible! There was nothing to complain about at all.
    We had the best night of our lives. Ceremony and reception in the same location. Great food. everything you need is already there. The only items we brought in were flowers, and rented specialty table cloths. Everyone raved about the location! it looks so amazing in all the pictures!

Sent on 06/19/2010

Ruth · Married on 04/24/2010

Asbury Hall is a unique reception venue and is absolutely amazing! The hall itself is beyond beautiful, and the quality of food and the sound system are top notch. Austin Scaccia is terrific to work with and exceptionally accommodating and professional. Our reception was absolutely perfect and all of our guests raved about the venue as well as the food! I would recommend this venue to everyone who wants to have a one-of-a-kind wedding - you simply can't find a place like this anywhere else!

Sent on 08/23/2010

Absolutely amazing! Working with Austin was a pleasure. The venue is amazing and the food is top notch. I wish I could get married every weekend there. HIGHLY RECO!

Sent on 10/20/2014

kacie · Married on 05/25/2013

The most perfect wedding! Everything went exactly as planned. The food was better than the tasting and absolutely prepared perfectly. We ordered the filet med-rare and it was butter! We had the chicken Genoese and it was not dry at all and the salmon was a huge portion and outstanding. The venue is gorgeous, spacious, yet cozy. We had an after hours party downstairs and it was the icing on the cake. Well done Asbury Hall, you made my wedding dreams come true without breaking the bank.

Sent on 05/28/2013