Asbury Hall at Babeville Reviews

Asbury Hall at Babeville 5
Asbury Hall at Babeville 6
Asbury Hall at Babeville 7

Alyssa Abrams · Married on 10/12/2019

Our wedding was a dream!

I cannot say enough about Asbury Hall. Our wedding day was a dream from start to finish. The building itself is stunning and had all our guests impressed with it’s historic charm (most out of towners!), but the venue’s coordinator Austin was really the MVP of the entire affair. He was so patient with me and all of my questions and put me at ease. He knows weddings so well and I was so impressed with him and our set up. He kept steady communication going with us throughout our year and a half of planning. The catering was excellent and our servers and bartenders were amazing. Many of our guests contacted us the day after to tell us how much fun they said, and several said it was the best wedding they’d been to. My new husband and I HIGHLY recommend this venue!!!! Do not hesitate! Thank you Austin!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing!!!

From start to finish planning a wedding at Asbury Hall was the best decision we could have made!
    Austin (the coordinator) is AMAZING and with you every step of the way. Any questions or concerns you have he is available to address with you.
    Austin and the staff are spectacular at making your vision come alive - from food to decor to logistics. No surprises, no confusion- straightforward and pleasant to work with.
    The night of your wedding will go by so fast, but they will still be with you every step of the way to remind you of important items (ex. Dinner will be served in 15 minutes or dancing with your parent in 10). They pack up your items and have them ready to go for you by the next day.
    Get married and celebrate here- you won’t regret it!!!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 05/11/2019

The perfect venue

I could not have imagined my wedding anywhere else. Asbury Hall was perfect in every way and the staff was amazing. My husband and I moved to Rhode Island after we were engaged so we were planning the majority of our Buffalo wedding from out of town. Austin was amazing, he is so responsive and tentative to all of our questions and concerns we had along the way. Him and his staff at Exquisite Catering made the day run so flawlessly. They know exactly what they are doing and it shows. Every staff member we interacted with was so courteous and kind, and genuinely happy to be there for our day. The food was AMAZING! The staff gave the wedding party their food right away so that my husband and I could make our rounds while our guests ate. SO happy we got to eat because everything was so delicious and all of our guests would agree. I cannot say enough of how perfect and smooth our day went and the same with all of the planning that lead up to it. Austin volunteered to drive us to our hotel that night because we figured we could walk the half block after the reception, but failed to realize how much stuff we would be carrying with us! So so thankful for that offer! Asbury Hall was an amazing venue and I cannot rave enough about the staff and Austin. They truly made our day perfect and I am forever grateful for everything and everyone there!!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Julianna

Julianna · Married on 04/27/2019

Perfect and amazing wedding venue

Austin went above and beyond every step of the way. My wedding vision was impeccably executed. Everything I hoped for and far beyond in a wedding day. everything from the food to the timeline was perfection!

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Asbury Hall at Babeville 8
    Asbury Hall at Babeville 9
    Asbury Hall at Babeville 10
    Asbury Hall at Babeville 11
  • Maeve

Maeve · Married on 04/13/2019

Elegant fairytale wedding reception

Austin and his staff created the idea we had in mind for our reception hall, and topped it off with incredible service and amazing food. He answered any and all questions we sent his way throughout the entirety of the engagement up into the very last days before the wedding. To say he exceeded our expectations is an understatement. We have received nothing but compliments from all of our guests. No one wanted to leave!

Sent on 04/16/2019
    Asbury Hall at Babeville 12
    Asbury Hall at Babeville 13
  • jcdb

Jenna · Married on 10/13/2018

Rave reviews!

We couldn’t be happier that we picked Asbury Hall for our ceremony and reception. Austin and his staff took care of every detail and the food could not have been better. All of our guests raved about the venue and the food. Many said it was the best filet they have had period, not just in a banquet setting. All the staff was so friendly and accommodating and executed our vision to perfection.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 09/15/2018

Choosing Babeville as the venue for our wedding reception along with Austin as our coordinator, was hands down the best decision we could have possibly made. The setting is breath taking, stained class windows, immaculate construction, with a distinguished uniqueness. It had all the old world charm that Buffalo can muster, with every present day accommodation.
    When our limo arrived and our guests were enjoying cocktail hour, we were given a private "green room" for only the wedding party and whomever we invited, drinks were on ice waiting for us and the wait staff was top notch with getting us whatever we wanted. I've been in many weddings as a groomsmen, and I had never experienced a catering company with the attention to detail, and just out right friendliness of Exquisite Catering. There was a scheduled itinerary discussed via email in the weeks prior, and in person the day before that we agreed upon with Austin. He had the reception planned to the minute and that is exactly how it went.
    Our guest list was 210 family and friends, there was no problem with space and everyone was able to eat, drink, dance with ease. In the foyer we had two fire place mantles decorated with personal affects, a photo booth, and our guest name card table thing, we had 23 centerpieces that each consisted of 5 components, we did not set up any of this. We dropped off a truck-load of personal decorations, a few pictures and a short write up of what we thinking and they made it look better than we could have imagined. Each vendor we hired from the florist, the bakery, the DJ, the other bakery, the food truck (for the after party), pretty much said they had worked with Austin and his staff before and that they would need no further directions and we could just show up and enjoy. It seems like everyone who went to my wedding has at this point, has told me this was the best meal they have ever had at wedding. I've run out of space to continue...check them out, and don't wait!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Californian Babeville Clients · Married on 09/02/2018

We could not have been happier with our choice of Babeville.

We presented Babeville with a challenge--while we had local family, the bride and groom, the bride's parents, and the groom's parents all lived very far from Buffalo. Babeville had no trouble working with us on a long-distance basis.

We knew from the beginning that we were in terrific hands when we met Austin and his Babeville team. Their expertise was extraordinary, and we didn't need to worry about a thing. There were no unpleasant surprises, we were very well cared for, and I can't think of how we could have been happier.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Mary · Married on 06/30/2018

Austin was so wonderful to work with. He took care of absolutely everything. You basically get a wedding planner with this package, that's how much he did for us. The day if event was have even better by the amazing staff who set up all my decor, and took every care to see to it that we had everything we needed. The food with exquisite catering was delicious and the venue just speaks for itself. It's the most beautiful place in Buffalo. What a perfect setting for a perfect day. Thank you Austin and team!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/26/2018

This place was amazing, absolutely beautiful and great food. Austin was the most organized event coordinator, I would have been lost without him.

Sent on 06/09/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/09/2017

My wedding was absolutely perfect and that was because of beautiful Asbury Hall and its staff, especially Austin Scaccia. What left such an impression on me is how evident it is that the staff love their jobs. It comes across in everything they do - from helping us with last-minute details, to knowing guests drinks and having them ready when they approached the bar. That level of service means a lot to us and it helped make our guests’ experiences “magical” in their words. It’s been four days since our wedding and our guests are still texting us to say how good their dinners were (especially the filet mignon and the swordfish!). We knew how beautiful and special Asbury Hall would be so it’s amazing to hear our guests left feeling the same way. As for Austin, I can’t say enough about how easy he made this experience for us. He always replied to my emails quickly and never seemed to be annoyed with my endless questions! He organizes events professionally, and I had never planned a wedding before, but he walked us through each step in our year-long process and never made us feel like we were just another wedding. And he will go above and beyond his job description if necessary! I highly recommend booking your wedding at Asbury Hall. I have no doubt your big day will be as perfect as ours was.

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Asbury Hall at Babeville 14
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/09/2017

Sent on 12/14/2017

Sabrina · Married on 09/29/2017

I went to a wedding at Asbury Hall last year and fell in love with the venue. The food and service were outstanding and the architect makes this place a unique venue to host a wedding, as it is not your typical hotel banquet room. The wedding party raved about Austin's (Director of Events and Catering) proficiency as well.
    I am glad that I booked this venue for my wedding this upcoming year. It has been a pleasure working with Austin thus far. His prompt response (typically within 3 hours, no more than 24 hours) to telephone calls and e-mails helps to alleviate stress and allows me to coordinate wedding plans with vendors in a timely fashion. Without doubt checkout Asbury Hall!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Laura · Married on 09/16/2017

Austin and his team at Asbury Hall were absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process. We can't recommend them enough. Austin was very patient and responsive to all of our questions during the planning process. He returned emails and phone calls promptly, often within a couple of hours or less. He walked us through our outline for the event several times before the wedding and we knew exactly what to expect that day.

The venue itself is gorgeous. Our wedding guests couldn't stop talking about what a unique and beautiful venue it was. They also kept commenting on the delicious food and the excellent service. Austin and his team kept everything on schedule. The attention to every detail was amazing. For example, Austin's staff had appetizers waiting for us and our bridal party when we sat down because they knew we wouldn't have much time to mingle during cocktail hour. The bartenders remembered our drink orders and that of our parents and had them waiting when we approached the bar. Everything was on time, taken care of, and we felt stress-free on our wedding day. We can't thank Austin and his team enough, and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Karen · Married on 08/19/2017

Asbury Hall is the perfect wedding venue!! We received so many compliments on how beutiful it was and how amazing the food was. Austin took care of everything and made sure our day was completely perfect.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Kaileen · Married on 04/22/2017

I don't even have words to describe how happy and please I am with Asbury. Austin and his team were exceptional from the moment we took a tour until the end of our wedding night. The service, food, venue, and evening was absolutely perfect. If you want an amazing venue , great stuff and delicious food this is the place.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Kate · Married on 10/21/2016

I could never have imagined our wedding any more perfect! When I first saw Asbury Hall (AH) in pictures, I knew it would be a tough venue to beat. After meeting Austin and seeing AH in person, we were sold. Austin is amazing and his expertise showed. He is detail-oriented, attentive and helpful with any questions you might have, even ones you haven't thought of yet. There were several things he mentioned to us when we were still deciding on vendors that helped us tremendously in planning ahead.

While you have the option of renting any extras you may need, AH has many options that come standard. It was nice knowing we could save money and still have options to choose from other than standard white linen. Austin also provided vendor sheets with recommendations for bands, djs, photographers, videographers, bakeries and more. (I definitely recommend adding the cafe bulb lights across the balcony area to add another dimension to your event!)

Exquisite Catering (AH’s in-house catering) blew our minds. Our tasting appointment a few months before the wedding was phenomenal. We could not make a decision for the longest time because every dish was that good. Even my non-seafood eating husband liked the salmon! I am still receiving rave reviews from guests about their food at the wedding. Everything came out hot, fast and delicious. My only wish is that we can go back and have more!

Austin's crew is exceptional. We dropped items off a few days before for set up. I can honestly say the room was beautiful. Being slightly OCD, I was nervous, but they hit the nail right on the head. I was blown away. The wait staff was also amazing. All of our guests commented on how friendly everyone was. Our head waitress Gisela was fantastic. She was so attentive to us and made sure we were happy. She even assisted when the groom "accidentally" shoved cake up my nose.

If I could give Asbury Hall, Austin, Exquisite Catering and ALL the staff 10 stars, I would! Truly exceptional!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/29/2016

I can't say enough good things about Asbury Hall, Austin Scaccia and all of his staff. Our day was absolutely perfect because of all of these things. Not only does Austin help coordinate all the vendors, he has done this several times and has good relationships with all of them. If Austin takes an hour to respond that's a long time for him, so you'll be in great hands here. Some of the other venues we looked at kept on having different points of contact and seemed disorganized, especially compared to Asbury Hall. Austin has definitely been doing this for a while and knows how to run the venue.

On top of our reception, we also had our ceremony at the hall. The set up for both the ceremony to the reception was seamless and quick. We modified Austin's original layout slightly and he provided recommendations on how it would work best, which was greatly appreciated.

We decided to do stations vs. plates for food and we received an overwhelming amount of compliments on how great everything was (it really was :) ). The staff was professional, attentive, and organized, they kept all of the food full and cleaned up in a timely fashion. We also did after hours in the basement of the building which worked out perfectly.

I would recommend this place over and over again and look forward to holding more events here! THANK YOU, AUSTIN!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Angie · Married on 04/08/2016

Once we were engaged my husband and I knew that we wanted a reception like no other; we were looking for a cocktail/station style and also a unique setting. No traditional banquet hall for us! We looked at few venues but once we saw Asbury we were in love and nothing else compared to the uniqueness of their venue. We booked with Austin and planned our wedding seamlessly in less than 7 months! Austin was great to work with, he's email responses were quick, prompt, and informative. He's very nice and was easy to work with. Our food tasting was amazing! Being big on food that was really important to us and they exceeded all expectations. The day of the wedding was amazing and incredible!! The staff was there for anything we needed and yet never was intrusive. Our guests have raved how great the food was, how nice the staff was, and how beautiful the venue was and suited us perfectly. We are so happy that we had our wedding ceremony and reception at Asbury! Was the most amazing night of our lives and we love hearing it was the best wedding our guests have ever been to!

Sent on 05/02/2016

We never thought that our wedding would run as smoothly as it did. From the first tour and meeting with Austin to the final ride he provided us back to our hotel after the reception, we received nothing but the best service. We had countless complements from our guests on the venue, the food (filet, swordfish, chicken), and the service. We were so pleased with how great the staff was in helping us to set up for the event, including an unconventional alter. Austin was not only receptive to my husband and I, but also treated our family with respect and took all comments and requests with a smile. All of our phone calls and emails were returned immediately and we were never made to feel like we were asking too much or being a pain. I wish we could do it all over again- I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Lindsay · Married on 10/31/2015

Asbury Hall was the perfect venue for our wedding. I loved it from the moment I walked in for an initial tour. The building is beautiful and historic. Austin is so great to work with. From the initial meeting to the day of the wedding he was on top of every detail and made the process as easy as possible. On the day of the staff did an excellent job, the food was amazing, and everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Absolutely PERFECT location for our reception. Everyone loved the location and the decor. Austin is the main contact person and I could not say enough good things about him! He was very responsive with all emails/calls and incredibly personable. He thought of all of the details that I didn't and was very flexible when I was wavering on some decisions.

The food was raved about by everyone! Very delicious with a variety of options!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Rachrl · Married on 09/26/2015

We had our wedding reception and after party at Asbury Hall and every part was fantastic! Everyone commented on how great the food was and the service could not have been smoother. Austin was incredible throughout the year helping me find vendors and answered any questions I had within a few hours.

I highly recommend this venue for any event.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Asbury Hall was a fantastic venue. Austin was extremely organized and easy to work with. He helped us to think through all the aspects of our ceremony and reception ahead of time and he was extremely accommodating when we had requests. In particular, we wanted to build a large wedding canopy and he helped us schedule time to do that.

On the day itself, the food was delicious - many people commented it was the best wedding food they'd had. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful - we even had someone help drive one of our friends back to the hotel. Although we had lots of pre-wedding stress, as soon as we got there, we were just able to relax and enjoy the day because it was clear that Austin and his staff had everything under control. The venue was also beautiful - if you want to get married in a beautiful place, but don't want to get married in a church, this is the perfect location. The stained glass windows were absolutely beautiful. Finally, the acoustics were great - we had people dancing until the band packed up. This venue was pricier than many in Buffalo, but it was absolutely worth it. Also, you can definitely do your ceremony and reception in the same place, so that saves money too.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Susan · Married on 06/06/2015

Asbury Hall is a beautiful venue for a wedding. Working with Austin was amazing! He answered all questions within minutes (literally!), made excellent suggestions, and was very flexible. He and his staff were so accommodating in every way, from day one through the day after the wedding when Austin met us to help us pick up what was left behind. Staff even ran to the store to get some safety pins for us, and packed our car at the end of the evening! The food was delicious too! What a gem of a venue for a reasonable cost with excellent and professional staff!

Sent on 06/18/2015