Babbo Italian Eatery Reviews

69 | Scottsdale, AZ

69 Reviews for Babbo Italian Eatery

Megan · Married on 11/03/2018

Vegan wedding catering

I looked into several vegan restaurants and vegan caterers for our wedding catering and we ended up with Babbo for several reasons. Dustin was super accommodating right from the get-go... Offered a complimentary tasting with tweaked menu items to make them vegan... Then invited us back for another complimentary tasting after researching a few cheese and meat substitutes and bringing in eggplant for an additional entree option. I was really impressed with the food and how wonderful the process was, especially considering they are far from a vegan restaurant!

Katrina · Married on 09/30/2018

Absolutely amazing!!!!

Babbos catered our wedding day!! Not only was the food quite tasty, by the portion size was perfect!!! I had a lot of worries about that. Everyone had plenty to eat! But what really hit home for me, was my grandfather need a salt free meal do to his heart problems. Let me just say, not only did they make his meal happen but he loved it!!! He said it had so much flavor and he really enjoyed his meal!!

Michael Stewart · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing food, Fantastic Variety, and Great Staff

Babbo Italian Eatery was a fantastic choice for our wedding. The tasting was unbelievable - so many choices and options. We wished we could do a tasting everyday! They were absolutely wonderful during our wedding - they did everything right and we never had to worry about anything regarding the food. The staff was very professional and courteous and many times you didn't even realize they were there - just blended right in. The food was a huge hit and many guests commented on how good it was. We even had a last minute guest that needed a vegan plate and our catering manager Becky was quick to accommodate - she was the best. We would highly recommend Babbo for any future wedding. You won't regret it!

• Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 04/28/2018

We wouldn't have changed a thing! From our initial contact through the day of the wedding, Becky was amazing to work with. The taste-testing was so much fun and on the day of the wedding, the food was perfection! Thank you so much!

Kim · Married on 04/28/2018

Becky and team from Babbo did an amazing job for our wedding! Our service was impeccable and the food was delicious! Thank you Babbo! I would hire Babbo again for any event in the future.

brittany · Married on 03/23/2018

Babbo’s food is absolutely amazing and Becky was seriously the best. She made the whole experience so simple which gave us one less thing to worry about! The staff that worked our wedding were super friendly and provided excellent service. If you aren’t choosing Babbo as your caterer, you’re missing out - I promise!!

Brian · Married on 03/11/2018

We were a little hesitant to use Babbo---they were the most affordable option, and affordability sometimes means cheap quality or poor service. But wow, we got more compliments about the food than anything else. The service was awesome. But really, it all comes down to the food, and the food was ridiculously good. Becky was a breeze to deal with, the price was excellent, and no one left hungry. Extremely happy we used Babbo for our wedding, and now we can go back any time to recreate that dinner.

Michelle · Married on 03/10/2018

We had such a great experience with Babbo catering our wedding. From the tasting (which was so much food we should have invited more people), to the day of, the whole thing was great! The price was great, the service was top notch, and the food was excellent! We got so many compliments from our wedding guests about the food during cocktail hour and dinner. We are so glad we hired Babbo!

Kaitlin · Married on 03/03/2018

Babbos was on time had Amazing servers and kept in contact! But the best thing was that they have amazing food! I will recommend them to anyone wanting catering just because of the overall great experience not only on my wedding but also my sisters wedding.

• Mrs70

MRS70 · Married on 02/10/2018

I am so happy we went with Babbo for our wedding catering. Starting with our complementary tasting they served us basically full portions of all the options and then boxed up all of our leftovers for us. Dustin was amazing to work with and answered all of my many questions via email. Everyone RAVED about how good our food was, and we were super happy to find all the leftovers were boxed up for us and waiting in our hotel fridge.

Alan · Married on 01/14/2018

Words cannot describe how phenomenal Babbo’s Italian Eatery’s catering has been for our wedding. Not only is the company same-sex wedding friendly, but their excellent customer service really made our wedding planning experience so much more enjoyable. When we went for our tasting, the staff was super helpful and we got to try pretty much everything on the menu (and got to take home a lot of leftovers since the servings were full size). My husband and I brought mothers along (who both have quite the picky taste pallets since they are great cooks themselves). I lost count of the number of dishes we tried, but each one of them was so tasty, it made our decision process so difficult. My husband’s favorite was the Asparagus Fra Diavolo, and I loved the Tuscan chicken and three cheese mac and cheese. During our tasting, we were given full sized portions which gave us enough or us to make the difficult to narrowing down which delicious dishes we’d like to have at our wedding. We ended up choosing 2 appetizers (pesto bruschetta and mini meatballs), 2 salads (brussel sprout and beet salad, and the Napa salad), 2 pasta dishes (Pasta Primavera and Three Cheese Mac and Cheese), 2 entrees (Asparagus Fra Diavolo and Tuscan Chicken) and a coffee bar for our wedding which gave everyone several options to choose from (even for the pickiest of eaters). At our wedding, the guests were head over heels about how the quality of the food far surpassed their expectations to the point that they even said they will visit one Babbo’s many valley locations just to have their food again! We can’t wait to visit Babbo’s Italian eatery again and taste even more of their delicious dishes. A++ rating overall.

• Si'on

Si'on · Married on 12/09/2017

Babbo just recently catered my 130 person wedding and it was fabulous. Dustin Shockley met with us and did our tasting and then worked with us over the next 8 months to put together a wonderful meal for all our guests! The food was hot and delicious, just as we remembered from the tasting, and the presentation was great. We did buffet style but I asked him to plate myself, my new husband, and the bridal party, which was no problem for him. We chatted about silverware, dishes, the buffet table, water goblets, and a dessert table, all of which he put together for a very reasonable price. Everything went seamlessly. THANK YOU Babbo for being such a big part of our big day! It was perfect!

Tayler · Married on 11/12/2017

If you are considering having Babbo's cater your wedding - do it!! You will not be disappointed. We had the pleasure of working with Babbo's to cater our wedding in November at the Boojum Tree. In the time leading up to the wedding & during the whole decision making process, Becky was a dream. She was super responsive, helpful and I could tell she really wanted to take care of us. Not to mention the food is AMAZING! All of it is so yummy! Our guests were super happy with dinner and so were we. The team on the wedding night did a great job of making sure we (bride and groom) were fed and had plenty to eat. You don't really realize until the wedding day how crazy everything will be so having the serving team bring our dinner to us seriously was such a huge help. Honestly I could go on and on but let me just leave it at this - Babbo's is great food for a great price ran by a great team. Thank you Becky & team for taking such great care of us and helping to make our dream wedding a reality!

• Emily723

Emily · Married on 07/04/2017

Babbo helped our wedding go off without a hitch! They were fabulous on our big day. The food was absolutely delicious, and the amount of food we had ordered did not affect the amazing quality! It was just as if we had gone into the restaurant for single serving. We had appetizers, salads, pastas, and two chicken dishes served at our wedding. They also provided water service and assisted with cake and coffee. They plated the bride and groom, were friendly, super accommodating, and flexible with any needs that we had. I had so many compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was at the wedding! I would highly recommend!

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 03/16/2017

Babbo was such a great find! We wanted to provide our wedding guests with a delicious meal, but did not want to pay $100++ per guest. Babbo is the perfect combination of being budget friendly and also being delicious. You will not find a caterer for cheaper that provides the quality and selection of food that they did.

We had our tasting a year before our wedding. First, let me tell you how great it is to go to restaurant, have a feast, have it be complimentary and also delicious. They have so many options to choose from and we knew our guests would love them all. Their spring mix salad is just so good and that is just the starter.

I was nervous having not had the food for about a year, but once the wedding day came I was reminded why we chose them. Many guests have raved about our food and how shocked they were that nothing was overcooked. They not only loved it as a wedding meal, but also that they can go locally to eat there if they ever wish.

The service was great, Dustin was always amazing and I am so grateful we chose them to serve our guest. I also love that we can go back on our anniversary every year and re-eat what we had for our wedding night dinner (well we didn't get to eat much of it on our actual wedding night, but you get the point LOL)

Thank you Dustin and Babbo catering!

• W

Whitney · Married on 02/20/2017

All our guests loved the food! I am glad we went with Babbo as our caterer of choice.

Tessa · Married on 01/28/2017

Babbo's Catering is the only way to go for your wedding or event! They catered my wedding on 1/28/17 and my best friend's wedding two years ago. They have so many options and even ask you if you need any gluten free options for your guests! The tasting is so much fun but so hard to choose which pastas and salads you want for your big day because they are all so tasty! You can go to their restaurant to sample the food as well but they really cater to you during the tasting appointment, be prepared to take some home with generous portions. They also did our cake cutting for free! Babbo's Catering are so professional and friendly you will not regret choosing them for your wedding or big event. They are the true pros!

• Randi

Randi · Married on 10/23/2016

After tasting a dish at a wedding expo, we scheduled a tasting at Babbo, who happens to be a preferred vendor for our venue. We had no idea it was going to be such an ENORMOUS amount of food. They told us on the phone to come hungry but oh my lordy! We were seated at our own table and served by the event manager herself who was WONDERFUL! It was FH and myself, my father and his girlfriend and my mother (they're all friends, go figure). We were served 5 different salads, 4 appetizers, 6 pasta dishes, 5 entrees and even a dessert (she advised us to take small portions). The food was OUTSTANDING. They even had us take the leftovers home. We put the deposit down that night and are so excited to have them cater our wedding!

• tiffnaaron

Tiffany · Married on 09/30/2016

I loved Babbo! I booked with Soho63 and Babbo was one of the more affordable catering options. I am so impressed with the service. From our tasting to our wedding day, everything was done perfectly. Even though we did a buffet, the cake cutting and champagne pouring was included in the catering price! They even had vegetarian and gluten free options which was perfect since I had a couple guests who were in need of those special meals! The staff was super helpful. We didn't even have to leave our sweetheart table because someone delivered our meals to us. We had no complaints. :)

mary · Married on 03/14/2016

The food and service were top of the line! I am still getting compliments on the food, people kept telling me it was the best wedding food they've had. And there was plenty, people were getting seconds!

Bree · Married on 12/06/2015

Babbo is one of mine and my husbands faviorte restaurants so to have them cater our wedding was amazing! The food was as good as our tasting! All of my guests raved about how great the food was and some went back for seconds.

Leslie · Married on 11/07/2015

Babbo catered my daughter's wedding reception and the food was delicious. Matt and his serving staff were excellent, presenting the food well, passing appetizers, serving the cake, etc. The food delicious and our guests loved it! The restaurant allows for generous portions and extra food so there is plenty for your vendors to eat. We all enjoyed the meal very much and would recommend them highly.

Lindsay · Married on 10/16/2015

Babbo did an excellent job with appetizers and dinner for our wedding! We had a lot of guests comment on how delicious everything was!

For anyone who is on a tight budget but still wants to throw an impressive party, Babbo Italian Eatery is the way to go. Their simple yet elegant selection of food surely impressed my guests at my wedding. Their food paralleled that of an expensive menu from a 5-star hotel.

Make sure you have them at your cocktail hour as well. Their rolls are superb. My mouth is still watering just thinking about their firecracker rolls.

• BabyDeer9

Fawn · Married on 04/08/2015

The food was sooooo tasty! It was just as delicious as it was in our tasting, if not more. Everybody loved it. It was so nice to have such a main point of the wedding done right. Have them cater your wedding, you will not regret it.