66 Reviews for Babbo Italian Eatery

Dessert (1)
Family Style (1)
Lactose Free (1)
66 Babbo Italian Eatery Reviews

Becky and team from Babbo did an amazing job for our wedding! Our service was impeccable and the food was delicious! Thank you Babbo! I would hire Babbo again for any event in the future.

Profile Picture Kim, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Babbo’s food is absolutely amazing and Becky was seriously the best. She made the whole experience so simple which gave us one less thing to worry about! The staff that worked our wedding were super friendly and provided excellent service. If you aren’t choosing Babbo as your caterer, you’re missing out - I promise!!

Profile Picture brittany, 3/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were a little hesitant to use Babbo---they were the most affordable option, and affordability sometimes means cheap quality or poor service. But wow, we got more compliments about the food than anything else. The service was awesome. But really, it all comes down to the food, and the food was ridiculously good. Becky was a breeze to deal with, the price was excellent, and no one left hungry. Extremely happy we used Babbo for our wedding, and now we can go back any time to recreate that dinner.

Profile Picture Brian, 3/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had such a great experience with Babbo catering our wedding. From the tasting (which was so much food we should have invited more people), to the day of, the whole thing was great! The price was great, the service was top notch, and the food was excellent! We got so many compliments from our wedding guests about the food during cocktail hour and dinner. We are so glad we hired Babbo!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/10/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

Babbos was on time had Amazing servers and kept in contact! But the best thing was that they have amazing food! I will recommend them to anyone wanting catering just because of the overall great experience not only on my wedding but also my sisters wedding.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Italian

I am so happy we went with Babbo for our wedding catering. Starting with our complementary tasting they served us basically full portions of all the options and then boxed up all of our leftovers for us. Dustin was amazing to work with and answered all of my many questions via email. Everyone RAVED about how good our food was, and we were super happy to find all the leftovers were boxed up for us and waiting in our hotel fridge.

Profile Picture MRS70, 2/10/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Server(s), Tastings, Italian

Words cannot describe how phenomenal Babbo’s Italian Eatery’s catering has been for our wedding. Not only is the company same-sex wedding friendly, but their excellent customer service really made our wedding planning experience so much more enjoyable. When we went for our tasting, the staff was super helpful and we got to try pretty much everything on the menu (and got to take home a lot of leftovers since the servings were full size). My husband and I brought mothers along (who both have quite the picky taste pallets since they are great cooks themselves). I lost count of the number of dishes we tried, but each one of them was so tasty, it made our decision process so difficult. My husband’s favorite was the Asparagus Fra Diavolo, and I loved the Tuscan chicken and three cheese mac and cheese. During our tasting, we were given full sized portions which gave us enough or us to make the difficult to narrowing down which delicious dishes we’d like to have at our wedding. We ended up choosing 2 appetizers (pesto bruschetta and mini meatballs), 2 salads (brussel sprout and beet salad, and the Napa salad), 2 pasta dishes (Pasta Primavera and Three Cheese Mac and Cheese), 2 entrees (Asparagus Fra Diavolo and Tuscan Chicken) and a coffee bar for our wedding which gave everyone several options to choose from (even for the pickiest of eaters). At our wedding, the guests were head over heels about how the quality of the food far surpassed their expectations to the point that they even said they will visit one Babbo’s many valley locations just to have their food again! We can’t wait to visit Babbo’s Italian eatery again and taste even more of their delicious dishes. A++ rating overall.

Profile Picture Alan, 1/14/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Babbo just recently catered my 130 person wedding and it was fabulous. Dustin Shockley met with us and did our tasting and then worked with us over the next 8 months to put together a wonderful meal for all our guests! The food was hot and delicious, just as we remembered from the tasting, and the presentation was great. We did buffet style but I asked him to plate myself, my new husband, and the bridal party, which was no problem for him. We chatted about silverware, dishes, the buffet table, water goblets, and a dessert table, all of which he put together for a very reasonable price. Everything went seamlessly. THANK YOU Babbo for being such a big part of our big day! It was perfect!

Profile Picture Si'on, 12/9/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Dessert, Family Style, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Italian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

If you are considering having Babbo's cater your wedding - do it!! You will not be disappointed. We had the pleasure of working with Babbo's to cater our wedding in November at the Boojum Tree. In the time leading up to the wedding & during the whole decision making process, Becky was a dream. She was super responsive, helpful and I could tell she really wanted to take care of us. Not to mention the food is AMAZING! All of it is so yummy! Our guests were super happy with dinner and so were we. The team on the wedding night did a great job of making sure we (bride and groom) were fed and had plenty to eat. You don't really realize until the wedding day how crazy everything will be so having the serving team bring our dinner to us seriously was such a huge help. Honestly I could go on and on but let me just leave it at this - Babbo's is great food for a great price ran by a great team. Thank you Becky & team for taking such great care of us and helping to make our dream wedding a reality!

Profile Picture Tayler, 11/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Babbo helped our wedding go off without a hitch! They were fabulous on our big day. The food was absolutely delicious, and the amount of food we had ordered did not affect the amazing quality! It was just as if we had gone into the restaurant for single serving. We had appetizers, salads, pastas, and two chicken dishes served at our wedding. They also provided water service and assisted with cake and coffee. They plated the bride and groom, were friendly, super accommodating, and flexible with any needs that we had. I had so many compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was at the wedding! I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily , 7/4/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Italian

Babbo was such a great find! We wanted to provide our wedding guests with a delicious meal, but did not want to pay $100++ per guest. Babbo is the perfect combination of being budget friendly and also being delicious. You will not find a caterer for cheaper that provides the quality and selection of food that they did.

We had our tasting a year before our wedding. First, let me tell you how great it is to go to restaurant, have a feast, have it be complimentary and also delicious. They have so many options to choose from and we knew our guests would love them all. Their spring mix salad is just so good and that is just the starter.

I was nervous having not had the food for about a year, but once the wedding day came I was reminded why we chose them. Many guests have raved about our food and how shocked they were that nothing was overcooked. They not only loved it as a wedding meal, but also that they can go locally to eat there if they ever wish.

The service was great, Dustin was always amazing and I am so grateful we chose them to serve our guest. I also love that we can go back on our anniversary every year and re-eat what we had for our wedding night dinner (well we didn't get to eat much of it on our actual wedding night, but you get the point LOL)

Thank you Dustin and Babbo catering!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 3/16/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Italian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

All our guests loved the food! I am glad we went with Babbo as our caterer of choice.

Profile Picture Whitney, 2/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Babbo's Catering is the only way to go for your wedding or event! They catered my wedding on 1/28/17 and my best friend's wedding two years ago. They have so many options and even ask you if you need any gluten free options for your guests! The tasting is so much fun but so hard to choose which pastas and salads you want for your big day because they are all so tasty! You can go to their restaurant to sample the food as well but they really cater to you during the tasting appointment, be prepared to take some home with generous portions. They also did our cake cutting for free! Babbo's Catering are so professional and friendly you will not regret choosing them for your wedding or big event. They are the true pros!

Profile Picture Tessa, 1/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Italian, Gluten Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Server(s), Tastings

After tasting a dish at a wedding expo, we scheduled a tasting at Babbo, who happens to be a preferred vendor for our venue. We had no idea it was going to be such an ENORMOUS amount of food. They told us on the phone to come hungry but oh my lordy! We were seated at our own table and served by the event manager herself who was WONDERFUL! It was FH and myself, my father and his girlfriend and my mother (they're all friends, go figure). We were served 5 different salads, 4 appetizers, 6 pasta dishes, 5 entrees and even a dessert (she advised us to take small portions). The food was OUTSTANDING. They even had us take the leftovers home. We put the deposit down that night and are so excited to have them cater our wedding!

Profile Picture Randi, 10/23/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Italian

I loved Babbo! I booked with Soho63 and Babbo was one of the more affordable catering options. I am so impressed with the service. From our tasting to our wedding day, everything was done perfectly. Even though we did a buffet, the cake cutting and champagne pouring was included in the catering price! They even had vegetarian and gluten free options which was perfect since I had a couple guests who were in need of those special meals! The staff was super helpful. We didn't even have to leave our sweetheart table because someone delivered our meals to us. We had no complaints. :)

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Italian

The food and service were top of the line! I am still getting compliments on the food, people kept telling me it was the best wedding food they've had. And there was plenty, people were getting seconds!

Profile Picture mary, 3/14/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Babbo is one of mine and my husbands faviorte restaurants so to have them cater our wedding was amazing! The food was as good as our tasting! All of my guests raved about how great the food was and some went back for seconds.

Profile Picture Bree, 12/6/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Italian, Buffet

Babbo catered my daughter's wedding reception and the food was delicious. Matt and his serving staff were excellent, presenting the food well, passing appetizers, serving the cake, etc. The food delicious and our guests loved it! The restaurant allows for generous portions and extra food so there is plenty for your vendors to eat. We all enjoyed the meal very much and would recommend them highly.

Profile Picture Leslie, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Italian, Buffet

Babbo did an excellent job with appetizers and dinner for our wedding! We had a lot of guests comment on how delicious everything was!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

For anyone who is on a tight budget but still wants to throw an impressive party, Babbo Italian Eatery is the way to go. Their simple yet elegant selection of food surely impressed my guests at my wedding. Their food paralleled that of an expensive menu from a 5-star hotel.

Make sure you have them at your cocktail hour as well. Their rolls are superb. My mouth is still watering just thinking about their firecracker rolls.

Profile Picture User2217866, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was sooooo tasty! It was just as delicious as it was in our tasting, if not more. Everybody loved it. It was so nice to have such a main point of the wedding done right. Have them cater your wedding, you will not regret it.

Profile Picture Fawn, 4/8/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We chose Babbo's Italian Eatery to cater our cocktail hour and wedding reception on March 28, 2015. Babbo's is one of my favorite places to eat in Phoenix, so we were excited to see that they were a preferred caterer at our venue, The Boojum Tree. By the end of our wedding, we could see why they were preferred. We ended up doing the Tuscan Package for about 170 people, which included two appetizers, two salads and four pasta options. The four pasta options was great, because we had a wide variety of people at our wedding and a fair amount of vegetarians. We also rented our plates, water goblets and silverware from Babbo's, had them do water service at the tables during the reception, and they cut and served the cake free. We did tabled appetizers during cocktail hour, rather than passed, but one of the waiters actually came with trays of appetizers to us as the bridal party while we were taking pictures, which I absolutely loved!

When we first called to ask about wedding catering, they set up a tasting at one of their locations. They warn you to come hungry, and man were they right! We ended up leaving with two bags full of leftovers and very full and happy stomachs. They started by asking us which appetizers we would like to try, then made some decent sized portions of each. Then, we were able to try four different salads, which were all delicious. Finally, we ended up tasting probably 8 different pasta dishes. They even brought out some popular items that are not on their menu (creamy pesto - delicious).

There was some miscommunication about our booking date and payment due to a staffing change, but the woman who helped us with it was very professional and made sure we were not affected by it. The wait staff were incredibly professional and pleasant to work with, and of course, the food was delicious. They prepare everything fresh, and you can tell. We got a lot of great comments from our guests about the high quality food!

Profile Picture James, 3/28/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

This place was the nicest caterers I've delt With. They helped me out a lot with tastings and catering count. The food was delicious and tje staff was very helpful for my reception.

Profile Picture Erika, 3/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the first time we sampled at a wedding expo to our personalized wedding tasting at the restaurant we knew we wanted to use Babbo. The food is amazing, fresh and displayed like a feast. The restaurant allowed us to bring my parents for the tasting and treated us all like royalty. They walked us through many options, patiently explained them and took as much time as we needed.

Our rustic home wedding went through many changes over the year leading up to the event. We added guests, changed themes, went from full dinner to heavy appetizer buffet and all the while the Babbo team was gracious and SUPER HELPFUL. The catering manager even took the time to drive out to our home and do a walk-thru, making valuable suggestions to help us narrow our scope and stay on budget. The entire catering team showed up the day of the wedding, went straight to work with awesome attitudes, set a photo worthy buffet and never left the guests empty handed or hungry!

Profile Picture Lauren, 2/14/15, 5 Reviews