B-Boy Productions, Inc. Reviews

283 | New York, NY

283 Reviews for B-Boy Productions, Inc.

1 User photo

Alex Samuels · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Josh B. for President!

Josh B. was the by far, hands down, the best DJ ever. We had wonderful vendors, but Josh B. was my favorite. He was flexible when it rained during our ceremony and moved all his DJ equipment back out to the dance floor when it stopped raining. He played exactly what the dance floor wanted and I literally cannot recommend him enough! He made the night!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Brian Mccaman · Getting married on 02/10/2021

I'd hire Shawn again in a minute!

Shawn was amazing. Our outdoor wedding was poised to have rain issues the day before and day of. We made the decision to do it outside and had to delay the ceremony for several hours. He was flexible with where he set up, understood the shortened time frame, and still made sure all our guests had a blast. He incorporated all our musical tastes and made an awesome playlist!

Sent on 11/24/2019

H P · Married on 11/12/2019

Great experience with DJ Shawn

We worked with DJ Shawn Frady and he was so fantastic in so many ways.

We set up time with Shawn to chat beforehand to talk about the ceremony and our music tastes and he was very flexible with timing and receptive to our thoughts.

We created two playlists with some songs we liked for Shawn - one “chill” and one “party” on Spotify, which he used as inspiration for both our welcome dinner and reception. The music was fantastic and so many of our friends commented on how much they loved the music.

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Brian

Brian Sanders · Married on 11/02/2019

A+ Excellent, Reliable, Professional DJ - Shawn Frady

Coordinating and communicating with vendors was incredibly difficult and stressful for my wife and I while planning our wedding. HOWEVER, that was not the case with DJ Shawn Frady (B-Boy Productions). My wife had only one phone conversation with Shawn to give him a general idea of what we wanted. He was extremely kind, enthusiastic, and a breath of fresh air after dealing with our other vendors. Music is incredibly important to me, but I was so busy with work and everything that I didn't get to speak to him before the wedding. I simply sent him an email with some of my favorite artists/songs and told him what genre of music we wanted for each part of the evening. I was extremely bummed and worried that I did not have time to dive into a more detailed desired playlist, but Shawn absolutely knocked it out of the park for us. Our wedding consisted of about 175 people, with a large mix of people from 21 to 61. One of the most consistent compliments that we have gotten is that our DJ was absolutely fantastic. He did a great job of taking the small amount of music that I provided him and thoughtfully creating a full wedding playlist around it. The sound quality and setup were excellent. The only negative was that many of our guests never got any wedding cake because they were too busy having a blast on the dance floor. 10/10

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Tawny

Tawny Hughes · Married on 10/12/2019

DJ Josh is awesome!

DJ Josh was amazing! We got married at the Emerald Grande in Destin and had a blast! My husband and I live in Fort Worth, TX so we just did a phone call with Josh before our wedding and told him everything we like and don't like. He was very attention-to-detail & thorough with our requests. They also have an app where you add songs, & put "don't play" or "do play" which was awesome! On our wedding day, DJ Josh had a wireless set up to take out to the beach where our ceremony took place that worked perfect & sounded great even with the wind. He was very interactive during our reception & showed everyone how to do all of the line dances which was super fun. He played the best music & we literally danced all night!! 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 12/15/2019

Albert Sousa · Married on 09/28/2019

Shawn is the man!

Shawn brought the good vibes and had our whole wedding party, young and old, dancing. He was flexible, always had the mic ready for announcements and was all around on top of it. He helped make our night stress free and fun and I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Carter · Married on 04/13/2019

It was effortless and super fun working with DJ Josh!

DJ Josh was amazing!!! He was always on top of it and his communication rocked. He helped us pick songs, played the songs we wanted, and then added in songs he knew would fit the crowd. He did a great job as the MC and everyone LOVED him at the reception. He ended the reception in such a fun way - we will always remember it. Many people at the wedding reached out to tell us how much they loved him. Josh was also very flexible and calm and made the reception seamless.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Don Jackowski · Married on 11/10/2018

Professional From Start To Finish

On my initial contact with Brian, I was impressed with his professionalism and response time to any questions that we had. Upon his recommendation, we had Shawn Frady as our DJ for our Double Wedding. I know it was a bit of a challenge as we had a very wide cross section of ages and backgrounds, and Shawn and his assistant did a great job of reading the crowd and kept the energy up and the guests happy. Shawn knew the right things to say at the right time, when to push it, and when to pull back. I know our guests really enjoyed themselves, as many of them commented to me on what a great job the DJ did. I have been a professional entertainer myself for over 30 years, have performed at hundreds of weddings and private events, and would have no hesitation referring friends and family to B-Boy Productions.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Lauren Combs · Married on 10/13/2018

Everything was perfect!

From the very start B-Boy was very professional and great to work with. We chose to use DJ Josh B for our wedding day and he was GREAT! After coming off a very stressful week prior, Josh made sure that our reception went smoothly and was a great time. You will absolutely not go wrong with this company and do your research prior to find a DJ that will work well with you and your husband, because it made all the difference!

Sent on 02/24/2019

Rachael · Married on 07/14/2018

I was very excited about booking BBoy Productions after looking at their website. We always knew that we wanted a DJ instead of a band and wanted the end of our wedding to be a big party so after seeing the company also in New York & California I had a feeling this would be a great fit for us. We booked the package that would give us who ever was available and ended up getting Shawn Frady who is the general manager. We had great initial phone calls with him and loved using the website to select songs. Shawn did a great job of making the cocktail hour playlist, we received a lot of compliments on the music and he also went out of his way to make sure he was announcing all the bridal party names correctly for the reception! I would definitely recommend Shawn & BBoy Productions to anyone in the Destin area!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2018

Daniel Davis was our DJ for our wedding! He did a wonderful job!! He was very easy to get in touch with and he always responded back in a timely manner! Very personable, helped with a minor sound hiccup. As a customer; when picking music, communicate which version of specific songs you would like...there’s normally more than one!! :)

Matthew · event on: 06/01/2018

DJ Dan did a great job hosting a karaoke group event. Highly Recommended!

Laura · Married on 05/31/2018

Charles did a great job DJ'ing our reception and also working the music for the ceremony. We were late with submitting our songs that we wanted to hear, but he was able to play many of them without any issue. Everything went very smoothly and our guest feedback was that they really liked the mix of music by Charles. We would recommend him.

Also, Brian was very easy to work with when contracting B-BOY and very flexible with our changes.

Sent on 06/26/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 05/20/2018

Everything was perfect for my wedding thanks to Josh! I did not have to worry one bit about anything because he had it handled. I’m very thankful and happy!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

Charles is an excellent DJ/MC! He was very helpful during the planning process and he was very prompt in answering any questions we had. Music is such a huge part of a wedding and Charles did a great job. Our ceremony music was perfectly played providing a sweet and intimate atmosphere. Charles did a great job as the DJ/MC of the evening and provided a fun and upbeat atmosphere to get the reception started! He kept that up all evening and the dance floor was never empty. Everyone had a GREAT time at our reception and Charles played a huge role in the experience. Thank you for all you did for us, Charles!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Alixandra · Married on 05/19/2018

WOW! DJ Josh W was incredible. From the creative meeting, to the easy app we collaborated on for the music, to his stellar MC work I can't recommend Bboy Productions enough! Josh W was so much fun to work with and he seriously had the PERFECT playlist from the music we requested to be played. He put his own spin on the playlist we created and it was perfect. He kept the whole wedding on track and was flexible when things went over time. If you are getting married in the Destin area I highly recommend Josh W from BBoy Productions!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Besstina · event on: 05/09/2018

I use B-Boy Productions for an corporate event that I was having with my job. It was awesome and everyone enjoyed it. I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Natalie · event on: 04/29/2018

DJ Charles Egstad is THE best! Our corporate events were brought to life thanks to him. His song selections have everyone in party mode from beginning to end, so if you're looking for an awesome DJ, look no further! We've hired DJ Charles in the past, and will continue to hire him as our primary DJ. Thanks DJ Charles for always making our events a huge success!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Len · Married on 04/27/2018

DJ Daniel Davis not only did every single thing we asked him to do, including playing virtually every single song we asked him to play at both our dinner and reception, but he also didn't do any of the things we specifically did not want. To say that our experience with Daniel was "perfect" really wouldn't be an overstatement by that standard.

More than that, he was kind, friendly, not overbearing, did not speak too much, but did a great job when he did address our reception party. He was a joy to work with and was professional in every way. I'm confident that if we had a longer reception and if he were given more freedom, he would have shined even brighter. But we loved everything he played, requested or DJ's choice, and our wedding was a magical evening made that much better by our experience with Dan.

Brooke · Married on 04/27/2018

B-Boy was excellent to work with. We had Josh B. as our DJ, Pastor Eric as our officiant, and Shawn F. for rentals/photo booth. Pastor Eric was worth the extra cost, by meeting with us beforehand in order to get to know us and then by personalizing our vows using the story of how we met from our website. Shawn was great for rentals and the photo booth and lighting turned out perfect. Our guests really enjoyed the photo booth - we did open air with black backdrop and were very happy with it. Last but not least was the star of our B-Boy team, DJ Josh B. After the wedding our guests couldn’t stop talking about how perfect the music was… we got so many compliments on it!! We will never forget looking out at the dance floor and seeing every single guest up on their feet - friends, family, young and old. Thank you so so so much Josh! You really nailed it!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Lydia · event on: 04/21/2018

Dan is awesome! I book him every year for our prom. He plays music that keeps our students dancing and having a great time! He also does a fantastic job announcing our prom court!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Hannah · Married on 04/21/2018

DJ Dan Davis did an amazing job at our wedding in April! He got EVERYONE out on the dance floor and kept them there all night long, which is exactly what we wanted! I have had several guests tell me how much fun they had and how amazing Dan was as our DJ!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Allison · Married on 04/07/2018

Hands down the best part of our wedding! We used Shawn for our wedding, and he was so incredible to work with. He set the tone for the whole evening, and he kept our guests on their feet all night. Working with Shawn/the B-Boy team was great leading up to our wedding, as he was very responsive to every email/request we had. He also was able to take last minute requests from me (literally the night before) and make them happen. He stuck to our requests, but read the crowd to ensure everyone was having a blast. The evening went so smoothly thanks to Shawn’s hard work. Our guests (6 weeks later now) are still talking about how great the music at our wedding was. 100% recommend these guys- they’re incredible.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Harlie · Married on 04/06/2018

Wow! Where do I even start. I had the most incredible experience with BBoy Production and Charles in particular. I worked Bryan in the beginning to book everything. He was very accommodating and made sure all my questions were answered. After he introduced me to Charles, our DJ, we communicated through email and text. I wanted to make sure Charles knew how our set up was since we were getting married on the beach and had our reception back at the house. He made a point to stop by a couple days before and look at everything with us. Charles was willing to work with us and helped us along the way. I was very nervous booking and not meeting anyone in person, but I will reassure you that it was worth it having him at my wedding! we had a small party, 50 people, but he partied with us like we had hundreds of people. He kept the party going the entire night! It was worth every penny that we spent! We even had guests offering to pay him cash at the end to stay longer! We had an absolute blast and I have Charles to thank for that!

We also used their officiant services. We had Matt come out and he was amazing! He made it very personalable and made out guests laugh and enjoy the ceremony and rehearsal! Thank you, Matt for the time you spent with us!

I would reccomend BBoy Production to every Bride and Groom looking for a professional and fun company to do business with!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Jeff · event on: 03/09/2018

This was the third year that I had Dan DJ our annual Pinewood Auto Show. You cannot find a better DJ than Daniel (DJ Dan) Davis. He kept the crowd entertained, passed on information to the crowd. I received several compliments on him and passed out his information. When the participants and spectators of the show left, they left with a positive experience. Dan arrived earlier and was well prepared for any contingency that may have arose. The only reason Dan received all 5's in stars is that they didn't offer 10's. Great Guy all around.

Sent on 07/03/2018