B-Boy Productions, Inc. Reviews

272 | New York, NY

272 Reviews for B-Boy Productions, Inc.

272 B-Boy Productions, Inc. Reviews

Rachael · Married on 07/14/2018

I was very excited about booking BBoy Productions after looking at their website. We always knew that we wanted a DJ instead of a band and wanted the end of our wedding to be a big party so after seeing the company also in New York & California I had a feeling this would be a great fit for us. We booked the package that would give us who ever was available and ended up getting Shawn Frady who is the general manager. We had great initial phone calls with him and loved using the website to select songs. Shawn did a great job of making the cocktail hour playlist, we received a lot of compliments on the music and he also went out of his way to make sure he was announcing all the bridal party names correctly for the reception! I would definitely recommend Shawn & BBoy Productions to anyone in the Destin area!

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2018

Daniel Davis was our DJ for our wedding! He did a wonderful job!! He was very easy to get in touch with and he always responded back in a timely manner! Very personable, helped with a minor sound hiccup. As a customer; when picking music, communicate which version of specific songs you would like...there’s normally more than one!! :)

Laura · Married on 05/31/2018

Charles did a great job DJ'ing our reception and also working the music for the ceremony. We were late with submitting our songs that we wanted to hear, but he was able to play many of them without any issue. Everything went very smoothly and our guest feedback was that they really liked the mix of music by Charles. We would recommend him.

Also, Brian was very easy to work with when contracting B-BOY and very flexible with our changes.

• F

Faith · Married on 05/20/2018

Everything was perfect for my wedding thanks to Josh! I did not have to worry one bit about anything because he had it handled. I’m very thankful and happy!

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

Charles is an excellent DJ/MC! He was very helpful during the planning process and he was very prompt in answering any questions we had. Music is such a huge part of a wedding and Charles did a great job. Our ceremony music was perfectly played providing a sweet and intimate atmosphere. Charles did a great job as the DJ/MC of the evening and provided a fun and upbeat atmosphere to get the reception started! He kept that up all evening and the dance floor was never empty. Everyone had a GREAT time at our reception and Charles played a huge role in the experience. Thank you for all you did for us, Charles!

Alixandra · Married on 05/19/2018

WOW! DJ Josh W was incredible. From the creative meeting, to the easy app we collaborated on for the music, to his stellar MC work I can't recommend Bboy Productions enough! Josh W was so much fun to work with and he seriously had the PERFECT playlist from the music we requested to be played. He put his own spin on the playlist we created and it was perfect. He kept the whole wedding on track and was flexible when things went over time. If you are getting married in the Destin area I highly recommend Josh W from BBoy Productions!

Len · Married on 04/27/2018

DJ Daniel Davis not only did every single thing we asked him to do, including playing virtually every single song we asked him to play at both our dinner and reception, but he also didn't do any of the things we specifically did not want. To say that our experience with Daniel was "perfect" really wouldn't be an overstatement by that standard.

More than that, he was kind, friendly, not overbearing, did not speak too much, but did a great job when he did address our reception party. He was a joy to work with and was professional in every way. I'm confident that if we had a longer reception and if he were given more freedom, he would have shined even brighter. But we loved everything he played, requested or DJ's choice, and our wedding was a magical evening made that much better by our experience with Dan.

Brooke · Married on 04/27/2018

B-Boy was excellent to work with. We had Josh B. as our DJ, Pastor Eric as our officiant, and Shawn F. for rentals/photo booth. Pastor Eric was worth the extra cost, by meeting with us beforehand in order to get to know us and then by personalizing our vows using the story of how we met from our website. Shawn was great for rentals and the photo booth and lighting turned out perfect. Our guests really enjoyed the photo booth - we did open air with black backdrop and were very happy with it. Last but not least was the star of our B-Boy team, DJ Josh B. After the wedding our guests couldn’t stop talking about how perfect the music was… we got so many compliments on it!! We will never forget looking out at the dance floor and seeing every single guest up on their feet - friends, family, young and old. Thank you so so so much Josh! You really nailed it!

Hannah · Married on 04/21/2018

DJ Dan Davis did an amazing job at our wedding in April! He got EVERYONE out on the dance floor and kept them there all night long, which is exactly what we wanted! I have had several guests tell me how much fun they had and how amazing Dan was as our DJ!

Allison · Married on 04/07/2018

Hands down the best part of our wedding! We used Shawn for our wedding, and he was so incredible to work with. He set the tone for the whole evening, and he kept our guests on their feet all night. Working with Shawn/the B-Boy team was great leading up to our wedding, as he was very responsive to every email/request we had. He also was able to take last minute requests from me (literally the night before) and make them happen. He stuck to our requests, but read the crowd to ensure everyone was having a blast. The evening went so smoothly thanks to Shawn’s hard work. Our guests (6 weeks later now) are still talking about how great the music at our wedding was. 100% recommend these guys- they’re incredible.

Harlie · Married on 04/06/2018

Wow! Where do I even start. I had the most incredible experience with BBoy Production and Charles in particular. I worked Bryan in the beginning to book everything. He was very accommodating and made sure all my questions were answered. After he introduced me to Charles, our DJ, we communicated through email and text. I wanted to make sure Charles knew how our set up was since we were getting married on the beach and had our reception back at the house. He made a point to stop by a couple days before and look at everything with us. Charles was willing to work with us and helped us along the way. I was very nervous booking and not meeting anyone in person, but I will reassure you that it was worth it having him at my wedding! we had a small party, 50 people, but he partied with us like we had hundreds of people. He kept the party going the entire night! It was worth every penny that we spent! We even had guests offering to pay him cash at the end to stay longer! We had an absolute blast and I have Charles to thank for that!

We also used their officiant services. We had Matt come out and he was amazing! He made it very personalable and made out guests laugh and enjoy the ceremony and rehearsal! Thank you, Matt for the time you spent with us!

I would reccomend BBoy Production to every Bride and Groom looking for a professional and fun company to do business with!

Jocelyn · Married on 03/03/2018

We used B-boy for our ceremony music, guitarist at cocktail hour (Aaron Paul Bostic) and DJ during reception (Shawn & Charles). My fiance and I watched the bio videos of each DJ separately and both picked Shawn as our first choice. We had our initial planning call about 5 weeks out from the wedding and he had great questions for us to think about and great suggestions for us. We didn't want someone to be in our guests faces and doing line dances, we just wanted GREAT music, he got it. Then about 2 weeks before the wedding Shawn called to tell us he broke his right hand. I was about to panic but then he told me he would still be at our wedding to be the MC and be in charge but would bring Charles along to actually play the music. Crisis averted. The day of the wedding was a blur as it is for any bride (anyone saying something different is lying)...but I heard from so many friends that our wedding will be hard to top. Everyone had so much fun dancing one of my bridesmaid's husbands even ripped his pants while dancing. Bottom line, B-Boy did an excellent job, and didn't let me down even during an injury and I so appreciate that!

• Felicia

Felicia · Married on 10/14/2017

B-Boy Productions provided AMAZING services!!! DJ Brian went way beyond providing music. He provided lighting, visual effects and even had a fog machine. The music was incredible and no of my guest were board. He's not a DJ that you have to supply a ton of songs to, just give him vibe and he'll have your wedding tuned to perfection. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

J · Married on 09/09/2017

Originally wanting to book Brian, Shawn stepped in as Brian was booked elsewhere. Some obvious apprehension at first, but Shawn came through.
    He was responsive and made us feel completely confident that he would deliver.
    Their backend planning platform streamlined the music selection process, but we mostly let Shawn do his thing.
    He was prepped and ready at the venue with next to no guidance and adapted to changes throughout the event.

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

Great service! On time professional

Sheena · Married on 08/20/2017

Josh was absolutely amazing. He took our unique requests and made them a part of our day in a classy and fun way. He was so patient with my family and willing to make last minute changes. Definitely keep him in mind for a great time. Well worth the money.

Kelly · Married on 06/03/2017

We used BBOY for our wedding ceremony and reception and they were amazing! Shawn who coordinates the team was super responsive and helpful in helping us navigate through all of the planning and logistics. Aaron Bostic (our ceremony guitarist) was great on the guitar and had amazing vocals as well - he accommodated our song requests for the ceremony perfectly! And Josh our DJ was the best! He nailed it with the music and was so personable and friendly with both my husband and I and our guests. Highly recommend this company and Aaron and Josh to other brides and grooms!

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

A MUST for your wedding!!! Everything about working with B-Boy productions was simply amazing! Brian and DJ Josh B. we're extremely friendly and communicative from start to finish! They worked with us to make sure every single detail was perfect! DJ Josh B. was able to find every single track I wanted, especially several obscure scores I had in mind for our ceremony! Every moment of our wedding was just how we imagined and more and it was DJ Josh B.'s special touches that made all the difference! Hands down the best experience we could have ever asked for!

Lexy · Married on 05/12/2017

This company is absolutely phenomenal! They were all so helpful with everything, and always wanted to make our wedding day even more special. Josh, our DJ, was GREAT! He kept our crowd dancing all night long. He ended up talking me into getting a photo booth, and I have to say that was one of the best things we could have done for our wedding. Everyone loved it, and it was so much fun!!

L · Married on 04/29/2017

We had Dan as our DJ for our prom this year. He was easy to work with and responded quickly to my questions. The music was appropriate and our students danced the entire night. We finally had to turn off the music and turn on the lights to get them to leave. DJ Dan even announced our prom court and did a wonderful job with difficult to pronounce names! We will be calling him for next year's prom!

• User6092087 · 1+ year ago

Charles kept the wedding on time and created a dancing environment! Everyone had so much fun! Brian was so great about keeping us in the loop and explaining all the details the closer we got to the wedding. Would strongly recommend this company.

Marie · Married on 12/31/2016

BBoy Productions was amazing to work with during the wedding planning process. Owner Brian B. was involved in email & Facetime meetings to help plan the DJ timeline. Initially I had only hired them for DJ and Guitarist services but kept adding services on and hired the following:
    Officiant Eric Partin gave us sample scripts to adapt for the ceremony & fit right in with our wedding party when we met him at the rehearsal. His witty demeanor helped calm our nerves during the rehearsal & wedding ceremony.
    Guitarist Dan Austin played during our ceremony & cocktail hour and our guests loved him!
    DJ Shawn Frady ensured our reception music was flawless! Shawn & Brian met with me via Facetime a few weeks before the wedding & planned the timeline to perfection. They asked questions about things I had never considered to make sure things flowed smoothly. We gave Shawn a few ideas of music we liked on the company's online portal & he picked the rest. If people didn't seem into a song he effortlessly transitioned into a new song to keep the party going. We are truly happy with our choice for Shawn Frady as our wedding DJ!

Photo Booth: Initially I was against having a photo booth at our wedding because I considered it overdone, but I am SO glad we added this feature on because it was a big hit! Brian created a unique design for our print-outs ahead of time & the attendant efficiently kept guests moving so everyone had turns.

If I ever have to plan another event in this area, BBoy Productions is the first company I will contact. Everyone we worked with is professional & fully prepares to ensure high quality services! Brian & his company's organization & attention to detail helped alleviate much of my stress of planning a wedding from abroad.

Thank you Brian, Eric, Dan, & especially Shawn for providing spectacular services at our wedding! Y'all will forever be in the memories of our wedding day <3

Cammi · Married on 12/31/2016

We used Charles as the DJ at our wedding in WaterColor, FL. He did ceremony sound and was the DJ at our reception, and was incredible! We met up with Charles during our trip to Florida to plan and he was so kind, professional, really listened to our vision for the wedding. Their online portal was easy to work with, and all the questions they asked made me feel like they really knew what you wanted for the wedding. Brian and Charles were great about getting in touch with us before the wedding. Our conference call with both of them was one of my favorite things in planning the entire wedding. Brian talked through the whole ceremony and reception with us, explained new options for fun dances to us, and really made the wedding come alive for us before the big day. Charles was there and set up on time, and was flexible in letting us change one of the songs 30 minutes before the wedding started. The sound was great and Charles had people on the dance floor until midnight! He included all of our personal requests and made our wedding a blast!

Rachel · Married on 12/30/2016

The team at B-Boy Productions were such a joy to work with for our wedding! Between Brian with help on booking everything from a dance floor to lights to a violinist to our fantastic DJ, Josh W., the entire experience was effortless and memorable. Jessica H. was a beautiful violinist for our ceremony. She played a little bit of everything on the violin to help make the walk down the aisle fun, but meaningful. DJ Josh W. was such a fun DJ to work with for our reception! He kept our party rolling and on time with his MC skills as well. If you have an eclectic music taste, and a varied guest list, Josh knows how to get the entire party on the dance floor. I couldn't have asked for a better team or a better wedding!

John · Married on 12/10/2016

My wife and I hired our wedding planner Christen Cowgill and our DJ Shawn Frady. Christen made the wedding planning easy. She was easy to contact and was always willing to work with what we wanted. Christen truly caters to her clients. She made our wedding beautiful as she promised. Our DJ Shawn was extremely helpful, Shawn made sure the music and the wedding go as planned. Shawn was willing to work with us and made sure the music was perfect and atmosphere was amazing. Our wedding was in Destin, FL which is a great area, but Shawn and Christen made our wedding truly one of a kind. I would highly recommed choosing BBoy productions with sincere thanks to Shawn and Christen for events and weddings! I would definitely hire Shawn for any big events in the future. Christen will be the only person I recommend for wedding planning for friends and family who want to have a wedding. Thank you so much for your hard work in making our special day beyond perfect!