Azucar Bakery Reviews

Azucar Bakery 4
  • Maddie

Maddie Scavuzzo-Golesh · Married on 12/01/2018

Azucar Bakery was spectacular

Our wedding cake was too die for! These cakes were delicious! And so beautifully decorated! I would recommend this bakery to everyone!

Amelia · Married on 10/26/2018

Cake and dessert

They were able to create our dream cake as well as provide gluten free items! It was super fun to work with them, and we ended up choosing some cake flavors that we didn't originally plan on trying. They were great, and I would definitely recommend them!

Caitlin · Married on 08/02/2018

Our cake was amazing. It was exactly what I asked for and even better it tasted amazing. They were easy to work with and exceeded my expectations. Definately a must go and try because their cake tastes so good!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Azucar Bakery 5

Azucar Bakery's reply:

Congratulations again! <3

Eva · Married on 07/27/2018

I had high expectations for my wedding cake. I wanted a beautiful conbcept I found online and wanted it to taste out of this world. Azucar blew away all my expectations. My cake was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Bar none! And the flavors? Oh my goodness! People are still talking about it. We had red velvet, almondine, and white with fresh cream/fruit. While other bakeries wanted to charge me almost 2K for a 4 tier wedding cake Azucar was priced right. Their online payment system and fast email replies to cake designs left me knowing that everything was in excellent hands. Do not go to any other place for a subpar cake at a king's ransom. Go with the pros. Azucar bakery!

Sent on 07/31/2018
    Azucar Bakery 6

Azucar Bakery's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Eva, congratulations again! <3

Sekhar · Married on 06/30/2018

Azucar Bakery produced three wonderful cakes for our wedding reception. We had a small henna-decorated cake for the head table in red and white (our wedding colors) and two larger sheet cakes for our other 150 guests. The henna-themed cake was a beautiful Indian-style design that worked great with our wedding, and we actually worked with a henna artist with whom Azucar contracts. This same henna artist, Anita, did the henna at our wedding weekend welcome reception.

Getting a small grooms’ cake just for the head table was a great way for us to cut costs (our total costs were roughly $500). Everyone raved about how delicious all the cakes were. We enjoyed our tastings and got helpful guidance throughout the cake selection process. Azucar was prompt, easy to work with, communicated throughout and we loved the final product.

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Azucar did such an amazing job on our wedding cake! The consultation we did prior to the big day was great! We ended up choosing a flavor we would have never thought of unless the staff mentioned it and I am so glad they did! The cake turned out beautifully and our guests raved about not only the flavor but the texture of the cake as well. I would highly recommend them for your next big event. Thank you to the staff at Azucar!

Mandy · Married on 08/26/2017

Our cake was amazing!!! We picked poppyseed with strawberry filling and it was perfect for our wedding day. We opted for a semi naked cake, which I wasn't sure how it would look only being one tier. Azucar blew us away with the look of the cake, it was perfectly done! We can't wait for our one year anniversary cake!

Kristen · Married on 05/06/2017

The cakes were amazing! We had a 3 tier wedding cake, a grooms cake and a tray of cookies (for the kids). Everything looked amazing. People were very impressed by the grooms cake. Everything was delicious. We went in to the bakery a couple times before the wedding and all the staff is friendly and professional. It was all delivered on time and I didn't have to worry about anything. I left our cake toppers and flowers there and they setup everything. It looked great! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Erin · Married on 12/10/2016

We had Azucar Bakery do our wedding cake and it turned out amazing! My husbands cake was a hockey rink and mine was a more elegant design that had our colors and theme for the wedding but he was able to incorporate the two cakes together and made them look amazing despite them being completely different. There are very talented artists at this bakery and the cakes tasted great! Our guests loved them, I would refer this bakery to anyone looking for any kind of dessert treat for their event!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/05/2016

We didn't end up booking with Azucar bakery, but we have become loyal customers ever since our tasting! The consultation was super thorough--Mike went through all kinds of options and gave us a half-dozen full sized slices of cake to test! The traditional Peruvian wedding cake is AMAZING!!! We ended up booking with another bakery which did a full artistic drawing of our cake and felt confident that they could complete our vision, while here they took detailed notes and took the print outs of the photos we brought in, but I just didn't feel like they really GOT what we wanted the cake to look like.

However, the cakes are DELICIOUS! We've bought pastries from there since, and my bridal shower cake is absolutely going to be from there, as is my next birthday party cake. We tasted a half dozen bakeries and their cakes--Azucar is AMAZING! I can't state that enough! THEIR CAKES TASTE AMAZING!!!

Nicole · Married on 11/05/2016

Our wedding cake was gorgeous! Azucar delivered our cake and placed the flowers on the cake from the florists! We could not have been happier!

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2016

Delicious cake! I wish we got to actually enjoy it but it was delicious! Everyone was happy about the cake!!

Jenifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Azucar came as a recommendation from the venue we had our wedding at - Three Trees Chapel. The cakes were amazing when we went for our tasting! It was so hard to pick one, but we finally did! It was so so so beautiful! We had a 3 tier cake and the middle section was white with purple (our main color) henna and they had the henna match the design on my dress, it was stunning and so gorgeous! Highly recommended for any occasion, we'll definitely be back for more!

Caitlin · Married on 09/03/2016

The different flavors of cake were all delicious! I had never dealt with a professional baker before, but our cake was included as part of our contract with our vendor. I wish someone would have warned me about dark colored frosting, however. There are several of my wedding photos where my entire mouth is blue because of the navy blue frosting.

Jennifer · Married on 08/14/2016

We couldn't decide on just one cake so we chose three different flavors for our wedding. All we can say is WOW -- the cakes showed up on time, were arranged beautifully and tasted amazing. The best part is that they tasted amazing even a few days later (we took the extras home!). Couldn't have selected a better wedding cake vendor.

• Maggie

Maggie · Married on 07/31/2016

We had already experienced cakes from Azucar, so it was a "no brainer" for us to choose them for our wedding cake! I love that they decorate the cake on-site! We met for the one-on-one tasting and consultation, where we helped to design the cake! Everything came together beautifully and all the guests were impressed! Thank you!

Steph · Married on 07/29/2016

We found these guys through a recommendation by our venue and we were blown away. Their cake is the best I've ever tasted (no exaggeration). We ended up choosing a 3 tiered naked cake with the Guava, Peruvian Vanilla, and Chocolate layers. The fresh fruit was added and incredible and their service was amazing. For 100 guests the cake cost around $400, and we were extremely happy with it.

• Cyndi

Cyndi · Married on 07/07/2016

We got married on 07/07/2016 and we have heard all positive comments about how amazing our cake was. We decided to go with 3 different flavors and they were all incredible. Our cake was absolutely beautiful as well as delicious. I would definitely recommend Azucar Bakery for your wedding cake.

Leigh · Married on 06/25/2016

YUMMY!

My husband and I hired Azucar Bakery to make the cake for our June 25th, 2016 wedding. It was not only gorgeous to look at but it tasted AMAZING! I've heard from a few people that they had at least 3 pieces - needless to say we did not have any leftovers!

The frosting was so light and delicious - it was a nice change from the normal heavy buttercreams and chewy fondants. They did a wonderful job decorating the cake as well! I can't wait to see pictures of it!

We had a ton of fun at our tasting picking the flavors too! Wonderful customer service and such a cute little bakery. Our bottom layer was a white cake with a whipped frosting center and fresh sliced fruit, middle layer was a chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and the top layer was a lemon cake with raspberry filling. We had about 100 people at our wedding.

I strongly recommend Azucar Bakery for any cake needs. They delivered the cake right on time to the venue too!

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

We loved Azucar! My now husband is from Uruguay and never a fan of anything sweet. We tried another place before Azucar and the cupcakes we had were so sickeningly sweet I could feel myself getting a cavity after barely a few bites. Finally went to Azucar and we are so happy that we did! Danielo was fantastic to work with and he brought out several flavors for us to try, as well as the fondant and buttercream. My parents, my mother in law and my husband loved everything! The cake is moist and all of the flavors delicious, and my husband was so excited that they had dulce de leche. For our wedding we also ordered the Peruvian dessert tray which was a hit along with our cake! We had hardly any cake left and all of the little desserts were gone! Our cake was absolutely beautiful, Danielo is a true artist! We had 3 tiers with a cascade of flowers down the front, intricate scroll designs on the sides colored in gold, along with teal ribbon and pearls around the base of each layer. The base color was white buttercream, and our flavors were the poppy seed/raspberry filling, chocolate/dulce de leche, and chocolate chip with chocolate ganache. It was SO hard to pick flavors because they were all so yummy! All of our guests were RAVING about how delicious our desserts were! The best part is you can taste all of the care and time they put into their cakes. The buttercream is phenomenal and they make theirs from scratch without a lot of the "typical" ingredients. This is a great choice for brides who really don't want overly sweet desserts. They will give you a free 1 year anniversary cake too-no need to store it in the freezer for a year! We loved Azucar so much we ordered a 30 year wedding anniversary cake for my parents which they LOVED!! Thank you Azucar for making the perfect desserts for our wedding and making something that even my picky husband loved!! You are the best!

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2016

When we had our cake tasting we really didn't know what we wanted. We went in with a few pictures and that was it. The staff at Azucar took the time to sit down and discuss our options with us. They helped with the design of the cake, so we got something we truly liked. They helped us choose flavors that would compliment each other. We walked in with nothing, and walked out knowing exactly how our cake was going to be. I'll never be able to rave enough about how good it tasted. It was soft, moist, and light. There was so much flavor in every bite, but it was never too rich or overbearing.

Taylor · Married on 05/21/2016

My wife and I got married on May 21 and ordered a wedding cake from Azucar and the cake was a HUGE hit at the wedding! We couldn't have been happier with our choice. The flavors were amazing and the design was absolutely stunning. We ordered a three tier cake, with a different flavor on each tier... only problem we had was trying to figure out which three flavors to choose, from the sampling they were all fantastic. My personal favorite, however, was the chocolate cake with hazelnut filling... delicious! Marjorie and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful, super nice, and a pleasure to work with. They turned our dream cake into reality!

Krista · Married on 05/06/2016

Gorgeous and delicious! Everyone who works there is so friendly. They designed my cake exactly what I wanted. The list of cake flavored are endless and so delicious!!

I recommend Azucar 1000%! I'm a very laid-back bride and didn't have much in mind for wedding cake design other than I wanted it to be white and red with some flowers. They did a great job coming up with a design and it looked beautiful. As for the taste, BEST cake I've ever had, and my guests said the same thing. (Seriously, I bought more than enough serving and it disappeared so fast). We got chocolate raspberry and guava cream cheese cake. I'm considering ordering from Azucar for birthdays and every other occasion now!

Sarah · Married on 01/09/2016

He did exactly what we wanted! And delicious!