Azucar Bakery Reviews

165 | Denver, CO

165 Reviews for Azucar Bakery

John Sims · Married on 10/19/2019

Great Wedding Cakes

As a same sex couple we were first attracted to Azucar because of their saying "less hate and more cake". But then everything was great from there. The cakes looked fantastic, tasted great, and their pricing was very reasonable. We would highly recommend Azucar.

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Amy

Amy G · Married on 08/18/2019

Wedding Cake and cookies!

I love this vendor! My cake was nothing less of spectacular. It tasted delicious and was beautiful. I was so pleased with the outcome. We ordered a 4 tier cake. Strawberry shortcake top and bottom and coconut Bavarian cream for the center pieces. So good. Also we ordered cookies for party favors. They were all gone by the end of the night! I can’t say enough good things about this place! Also I love the owner! He’s such a sweet person!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Brigitte

Brigitte Seiler · Married on 08/16/2019

The perfect wedding cake

Our wedding planner recommended Azucar and we have nothing but high praise! The cake was absolutely delicious, several guests raved about it. (Highly recommend the dense buttercream frosting over the whipped!!) We worked with Crystal for our tasting and design process and she was very accommodating to our changes. She also provided options like a sheet cake vs. extra tiers to help control costs. The design turned out exactly as I’d hoped, so beautiful and simple, Azucar executed perfectly! I didn’t do much comparison, but pricing seemed very fair/competitive. Thank you for a gorgeous AND incredibly yummy wedding cake!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Elle

Elle · Married on 08/11/2019

Beautiful & Delicious!!!

I had used Azucar in the past for work functions and they were great! After striking out multiple times with other wedding cake vendors (and being horribly disappointed with service &/or product), we decided to check out Azucar's cake tasting AND WERE BLOWN AWAY!!! Their professionalism and culinary ability were outstanding! We had NO cake leftover - which was shocking but awesome! Would definitely recommend 100%!!!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin N. · Married on 07/06/2019

Delicious Wedding Desserts. Great Staff!

My wife and I got married this past July and we chose Azucar. We were so impressed by the quality of their desserts on our big day. We made some specific requests to match the theme of sunflowers and mountains for our wedding and they were able to match them perfectly on our cutting cake. The hardest part of our experience with Azucar was choosing which of the many different delicious and unique types of cupcakes we would use on our big day! We would highly recommend Azucar for your next event!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Maddie

Maddie Scavuzzo-Golesh · Married on 12/01/2018

Azucar Bakery was spectacular

Our wedding cake was too die for! These cakes were delicious! And so beautifully decorated! I would recommend this bakery to everyone!

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 11/13/2018

My husband didn't like cake until now...

Our cake was so delicious and reasonably priced - we went with their zucchini cake! We went into our tasting expecting to try the three flavors we had pre-selected when booking our appointment but were pleasantly surprised to get to sample six and I am so glad we were able to because we selected a flavor we never thought to try! The staff was so kind and very responsive. My husband didn't even like cake until he tried Azucar's and now we cannot wait to get more treats from them!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Amelia · Married on 10/26/2018

Cake and dessert

They were able to create our dream cake as well as provide gluten free items! It was super fun to work with them, and we ended up choosing some cake flavors that we didn't originally plan on trying. They were great, and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Caitlin · Married on 08/02/2018

Our cake was amazing. It was exactly what I asked for and even better it tasted amazing. They were easy to work with and exceeded my expectations. Definately a must go and try because their cake tastes so good!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Azucar Bakery's reply:

Congratulations again! <3

Eva · Married on 07/27/2018

I had high expectations for my wedding cake. I wanted a beautiful conbcept I found online and wanted it to taste out of this world. Azucar blew away all my expectations. My cake was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Bar none! And the flavors? Oh my goodness! People are still talking about it. We had red velvet, almondine, and white with fresh cream/fruit. While other bakeries wanted to charge me almost 2K for a 4 tier wedding cake Azucar was priced right. Their online payment system and fast email replies to cake designs left me knowing that everything was in excellent hands. Do not go to any other place for a subpar cake at a king's ransom. Go with the pros. Azucar bakery!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Azucar Bakery's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Eva, congratulations again! <3

Sekhar · Married on 06/30/2018

Azucar Bakery produced three wonderful cakes for our wedding reception. We had a small henna-decorated cake for the head table in red and white (our wedding colors) and two larger sheet cakes for our other 150 guests. The henna-themed cake was a beautiful Indian-style design that worked great with our wedding, and we actually worked with a henna artist with whom Azucar contracts. This same henna artist, Anita, did the henna at our wedding weekend welcome reception.

Getting a small grooms’ cake just for the head table was a great way for us to cut costs (our total costs were roughly $500). Everyone raved about how delicious all the cakes were. We enjoyed our tastings and got helpful guidance throughout the cake selection process. Azucar was prompt, easy to work with, communicated throughout and we loved the final product.

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Autrey · Married on 05/01/2018

Azucar Bakery - Fantastic

Thank you for the delicious and beautiful wedding cake! We came in and worked with Danielo to make our cake design. He was so professional and made sure we understood what they could and couldn't do.
    He made suggestions like no navy blue frosting in the dead of summer or it will run. These suggestions were perfect for people who have never ordered a cake. The cake was delivered on time, looked amazing, and somehow tasted better. If you need cake, desert, or empanada's in Denver, this is your place! We had guava with guava frosting for the bottom cake and strawberry with fruit frosting on the top. We tasted a lot of amazing flavors at Azucar, but if I had to choose again, I would do the exact same pairing. I can't wait to have a reason to get another cake here, or just drive by and pick up a few deserts....

Sent on 10/04/2019

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Azucar did such an amazing job on our wedding cake! The consultation we did prior to the big day was great! We ended up choosing a flavor we would have never thought of unless the staff mentioned it and I am so glad they did! The cake turned out beautifully and our guests raved about not only the flavor but the texture of the cake as well. I would highly recommend them for your next big event. Thank you to the staff at Azucar!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Mandy · Married on 08/26/2017

Our cake was amazing!!! We picked poppyseed with strawberry filling and it was perfect for our wedding day. We opted for a semi naked cake, which I wasn't sure how it would look only being one tier. Azucar blew us away with the look of the cake, it was perfectly done! We can't wait for our one year anniversary cake!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/06/2017

The cakes were amazing! We had a 3 tier wedding cake, a grooms cake and a tray of cookies (for the kids). Everything looked amazing. People were very impressed by the grooms cake. Everything was delicious. We went in to the bakery a couple times before the wedding and all the staff is friendly and professional. It was all delivered on time and I didn't have to worry about anything. I left our cake toppers and flowers there and they setup everything. It looked great! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Erin · Married on 12/10/2016

We had Azucar Bakery do our wedding cake and it turned out amazing! My husbands cake was a hockey rink and mine was a more elegant design that had our colors and theme for the wedding but he was able to incorporate the two cakes together and made them look amazing despite them being completely different. There are very talented artists at this bakery and the cakes tasted great! Our guests loved them, I would refer this bakery to anyone looking for any kind of dessert treat for their event!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/05/2016

We didn't end up booking with Azucar bakery, but we have become loyal customers ever since our tasting! The consultation was super thorough--Mike went through all kinds of options and gave us a half-dozen full sized slices of cake to test! The traditional Peruvian wedding cake is AMAZING!!! We ended up booking with another bakery which did a full artistic drawing of our cake and felt confident that they could complete our vision, while here they took detailed notes and took the print outs of the photos we brought in, but I just didn't feel like they really GOT what we wanted the cake to look like.

However, the cakes are DELICIOUS! We've bought pastries from there since, and my bridal shower cake is absolutely going to be from there, as is my next birthday party cake. We tasted a half dozen bakeries and their cakes--Azucar is AMAZING! I can't state that enough! THEIR CAKES TASTE AMAZING!!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Nicole · Married on 11/05/2016

Our wedding cake was gorgeous! Azucar delivered our cake and placed the flowers on the cake from the florists! We could not have been happier!

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2016

Delicious cake! I wish we got to actually enjoy it but it was delicious! Everyone was happy about the cake!!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jenifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Azucar came as a recommendation from the venue we had our wedding at - Three Trees Chapel. The cakes were amazing when we went for our tasting! It was so hard to pick one, but we finally did! It was so so so beautiful! We had a 3 tier cake and the middle section was white with purple (our main color) henna and they had the henna match the design on my dress, it was stunning and so gorgeous! Highly recommended for any occasion, we'll definitely be back for more!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Caitlin · Married on 09/03/2016

The different flavors of cake were all delicious! I had never dealt with a professional baker before, but our cake was included as part of our contract with our vendor. I wish someone would have warned me about dark colored frosting, however. There are several of my wedding photos where my entire mouth is blue because of the navy blue frosting.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/14/2016

We couldn't decide on just one cake so we chose three different flavors for our wedding. All we can say is WOW -- the cakes showed up on time, were arranged beautifully and tasted amazing. The best part is that they tasted amazing even a few days later (we took the extras home!). Couldn't have selected a better wedding cake vendor.

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 07/31/2016

We had already experienced cakes from Azucar, so it was a "no brainer" for us to choose them for our wedding cake! I love that they decorate the cake on-site! We met for the one-on-one tasting and consultation, where we helped to design the cake! Everything came together beautifully and all the guests were impressed! Thank you!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Steph · Married on 07/29/2016

We found these guys through a recommendation by our venue and we were blown away. Their cake is the best I've ever tasted (no exaggeration). We ended up choosing a 3 tiered naked cake with the Guava, Peruvian Vanilla, and Chocolate layers. The fresh fruit was added and incredible and their service was amazing. For 100 guests the cake cost around $400, and we were extremely happy with it.

Sent on 07/21/2016
  • Cyndi

Cyndi · Married on 07/07/2016

We got married on 07/07/2016 and we have heard all positive comments about how amazing our cake was. We decided to go with 3 different flavors and they were all incredible. Our cake was absolutely beautiful as well as delicious. I would definitely recommend Azucar Bakery for your wedding cake.

Sent on 07/21/2016