Awesomesauce Photography Reviews

Awesomesauce Photography 7
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 11/03/2018

True to it's name!!

From start to finish, Linda was completely awesome! My husband and I couldn’t have been happier with our wedding services provided to us by Awesomesauce Photography. Linda met with us on two occasions prior to the wedding, and was always available for questions or concerns right on up to the event. She helped us plan a detailed list of needs and wants for our photos, and was extremely helpful with offering suggestions in situations where we were unsure. On the day of, she warned me that she was going to be my “Shadow” for the entire day…and she wasn’t kidding! She was a PERFECTLY WONDERFUL shadow to have though! Linda was continually there expertly directing us all when needed, yet she was also at a distance when possible throughout the festivities allowing us to completely enjoy our special day. I would truthfully need an hour of your time to go down the list of little and big things that Linda took care of all through the evening. From lacing up my corset, catching amazing pictures outside before the sun set, orchestrating the perfect moment with my Father’s first look, tying up my sneakers when my feet needed out of dress shoes, and some additional unmentionables that we brides need throughout the process…wink wink…Linda was right there! It was safe to say that she was a part of the family by the end of the night. Overall, if you are looking for someone who is professional, outgoing, detail-oriented, dependable, and passionate about their career, Linda Spencer and Awesomesauce Photography is the way to go. Thanks again so very much Linda for truly adding great joy to our celebration!

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning photos from a fantastic photographer

From the first meeting to our wedding day, Linda helped make our wedding amazing! She was fantastic to work with and our pictures are breathtaking! Highly recommended!

Awesomesauce Photography 8

Riley · Married on 09/08/2018

Incredible!

Linda was so excellent to work with! She’s very nice and flexible. She also keeps to the schedule, she doesn’t mess around when it comes to making sure everyone is in place at the right time to help keep the day flowing well! She works alone which at first you think she might not get all the shots but I guarantee she won’t miss a beat! All the photos were excellent quality. Anytime I needed anything Linda always responded quickly with the answer!

Sonia · Married on 09/01/2018

Linda Spencer from Awesomesauce photography did an amazing job capturing the events and special moments of my big day! We booked her for the whole wedding day, starting with getting ready in the morning, the ceremony and the reception. She is very friendly, professional, flexible and reliable, but also entertaining! Not only she was taking photos, she was also sometimes dancing with us and making everybody feel comfortable!
    The photos turned out to be great, the color pictures as well as the black and white!
    We highly recommend Linda Spencer for your event! Thank you Linda for the wonderful pictures and for giving us unforgettable memories!

Awesomesauce Photography 9
    Awesomesauce Photography 16
    Awesomesauce Photography 17
    Awesomesauce Photography 18

Mary · Married on 08/25/2018

Linda knocked it out of the park!

Linda did a great job of capturing the spirit of our wedding. She got all of the standard shots along with plenty of shots with 'character' that we loved. She was with us all day and worked tirelessly to make sure we got all of the special shots we wanted. It was especially nice to not have to worry about a cutoff time. More than one guest remarked on how unobtrusive she was, which is amazing considering how many pictures she shot. She's friendly, professional, fun, and an excellent photographer! We gladly recommend her!

Awesomesauce Photography 19

James · Married on 07/28/2018

Linda was extremely helpful the entire process. She helped us with decisions and gave her advice on perfect times and ideas for photos. We have recently received our photos and they are all truly amazing. Would highly recommend her services to any and all.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Thank you so much!

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

Linda is AMAZING! There are not enough kind words to say about her and the services that she provides. Not only did she deliver incredible photos but she made us feel comfortable on our big day. We felt pressured by our planner to rush through things but with Linda's kind words she comforted us with letting us know it was OUR day and we can do whatever we please. Linda shines a light of joy and happiness and is a pleasure to work with. She's flexible, creative, and caring. You can tell she loves what she does. I highly recommend Linda. Don't wait, BOOK HER NOW!

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

Linda was really awesome during our wedding, especially since she had to deal with inclement weather. She helped out in ways that a traditional photographer probably wouldn't bother with, and always had a smile on her face. I highly recommend Awesomesauce Photography!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Thank you so much Katie!

Leslie · Married on 04/28/2018

Working with Linda was great. She helped us work through the timeline of the day and even set the ceremony start time since we didn't know what would be the best time in the late afternoon/early evening. She was able to wrangle both families and get all of the family portraits done quickly leaving us time for pictures of just us, which were beautiful. She got so many great shots of the reception with our families dancing and having a good time. We're both so happy with our pictures and I'm always just clicking through and reliving the day looking at them. She stayed in contact with us after the wedding letting us know when we would get the thumb drive with the images. She was great to work with and I was very comfortable having her around all day and while we were getting ready.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Awesomesauce Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Leslie! You're the best!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/25/2018

Wow, what can I even say about Linda? From the very first meeting, she was attentive and enthusiastic about getting to know us so that she could give us *our* special day. We had a somewhat condensed wedding timeline and ended up behind schedule, but Linda somehow worked her magic and got everything done! She was so fun to work with on the day of, and definitely helped to minimize the stress factor for this type A bride. Her packages are extremely affordable and she is always willing to work with you to ensure that you get what you want within your budget. We got our wedding photos to the day of our 1 month anniversary and....well, we were blown away. The candid shots, the group shots, the portraits—everything was so, so perfect. We're SO happy with the photos and wouldn't have wanted anyone else to capture our big day! Highly, highly recommend Linda. Thank you for everything! <3

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Awesomesauce Photography 20
    Awesomesauce Photography 21
    Awesomesauce Photography 22
    Awesomesauce Photography 23
    Awesomesauce Photography 24
    Awesomesauce Photography 25

Awesomesauce Photography's reply:

Oh Amanda! Thank you for your kind words. I'm so honored to have been there for this special day and I even gained you as a friend from it. Thank you so much!

Maryann · Married on 11/25/2017

Linda was amazing to work with both in the planning phase and on our big day! She really listened to what we wanted and made the whole process so easy. Our pictures ARE INCREDIBLE and everyone should definitely consider her to capture their big day!! Seriously you’d be in the best of hands !!

Awesomesauce Photography 26

Elizabeth · Married on 11/18/2017

Linda is awesome! The quality of pictures was amazing. She made it impossible to be able to pick a favorite!!!!! Highly highly recommended!

Sonia · Married on 11/11/2017

Linda did an amazing job photographing our wedding! Not only did we get great photos, but she was such a calming and positive presence throughout our wedding day, and that was exactly what I needed. And on top of all that, her pricing was very reasonable and we got our photos back right on time. Thanks for everything, Linda!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Awesomesauce Photography's reply:

Awe, thank you so much Sonia! It was great working with you all!

Kevin · Married on 10/07/2017

Linda and Awesomesauce Photography were absolutely superb! Linda was so nice and easy to work with and had all her bases covered. It's the little details where she shines: from the pre-wedding consultation, to the big day itself, to the personalized notes included in our photo package, Linda brings it all. Her photos are absolutely incredible and completely captured our wedding and special day! We cannot recommend Awesomesauce Photography enough!

Ellie · Married on 08/05/2017

Need a photographer? Owner of Awesomesauce Photography, Linda Spencer, is the obvious choice. I was recommended Awesomesauce Photography by a coworker, and I am glad I listened to her. My then fiancé and I hired Linda to take both engagement and wedding photos. We took our engagement photos in December 2016 and our wedding was in August 2017.
    Initially, there were two reasons we hired Linda; one being cost. I had done my research and looked at other photographers. There is huge variation in pricing and what you get for that price when it comes to professional photography. I was fearful of going a cheaper route and getting photographer of less quality. Fortunately, that was not the case. The wonder of Linda is that her work is phenomenal (just check her website, FB page, or Instagram), AND her price is very reasonable. At a set cost, I got a digital set of all my pictures, so I got to use them as I pleased. Plus, she places all the pictures on her website so friends and family can purchase what they want.
    Awesomesauce Photography has beautiful quality work at an affordable price. The cherry on the cake is how wonderful Linda is. She is professional, but also fun and outgoing. Linda made all our meetings and sessions fun and personal. She took the time to get to know us and make us comfortable. I hate getting my picture taken, but Linda was able to loosen me up and get great shots. At the wedding, she got the guests animated and helped the bridal party relax, while getting the pictures I wanted. Her personality – kind, fun, personable, yet organized and responsible – led to quick, beautiful photos that I will enjoy for a lifetime.
    Now looking at the pictures, I am so glad we chose Awesomesauce Photography for our wedding photography needs. Linda did both artsy/creative shots and traditional shots. She gets the shots YOU want and then some. So thank you, Linda! For any future photography needs, I couldn’t go to anyone else. 5 starts!!

Jes · Married on 07/08/2017

In short, our whole family is so in love with the photography expertise and the always-consistent, genuinely helpful interactions. We hope to work with Awesomesauce for all our future special moments.

Awesomesauce Photography indeed captures the best memories hands-down. Like many clients have shared, we are not only impressed with our highly talented photographer, but also, we are awed at the diverse expertise that comes with Awesomesauce!
    Awesomesauce Photography delivers an array of fabulous photo styles – high-glam formals, editorial story-telling candids, details, action shots, intimate moments, creative and flattering angles. It does not end there. Linda fits in with her superb communication and personality, yet she never interrupts your happy moments. She teaches the best tips like event timeline planning, beauty tips, and posing.
    When our whole group could not figure out how to pin some stubborn corsages and a complicated 5-step bustle, Linda stepped right in and solved the dilemma in under a minute. Some people in our group, especially my husband and myself, feel strongly uncomfortable in photographs, but our wedding album was as stunning as a magazine ad. I am so grateful for her guidance, gorgeous wedding album, and her sincere friendliness. She took care of so many details for us, details we had not even thought of or were sure about. From delivering our pre-ceremony wedding gifts, to staying extra late to capture our impromptu dances, Awesomesauce Photography fully met and surpassed our dreams for great wedding photography. Linda’s organization and attention to detail are spot-on. I shared with her a few example wedding photos to give her an idea of the style I liked; Linda took my ideas and came out with photos and angles even better than the ideas I found. Surely, Linda knows how to work with anyone’s vision, and she will make your vision even more timeless and beautiful than you might imagine.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Awesomesauce Photography's reply:

Thank you sooo much Jessica!

Jody · Married on 07/03/2017

I can't say enough good things about Linda! She completely captured the special moments of my son's wedding day in the most creative ways! She is extremely talented, accommodating and professional (not to mention affordable!). She helped bring a feeling of calmness to a day that can be quite crazy! We will be forever grateful to her for the gorgeous memories she created. She will not disappoint!

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/24/2017

Linda was by far one of our favorite parts of the entire wedding planning process! She is so knowledgable and goes above and beyond what we envisioned as the role of a wedding photographer. She truly is with you every step of the way. Her pictures are fantastic and we will treasure them for our lifetime. Cannot recommend her enough!

Jan · Married on 06/24/2017

Linda was fantastic and very professional. We had a wedding for my daughter at our home in the country. She arrived early to scope out photo opportunities and get preliminary photos of the set up. She personalized the pictures of our property by using the vineyard, barn, house, and porch as a background for many of the shots. She had a written list of "must take" photos and checked them off after she got them. She chronicled the wedding so that when I look at all the photos, I can remember the music playing at the time along with all the surrounding activity . When the torrential rains came, she took pics of all the crew and guests hurrying to put up the sides of the tents. It wasn't an easy job, for sure, but she managed to recreate the wedding with her photos. She also has an artistic eye which shows in so many of her shots. She is a real talent and I would highly recommend her for any photo job no matter the event.

Sent on 07/04/2018

Awesomesauce Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jan! I hope to see you all again one day!

LJ · Married on 05/26/2017

1/2 *** I met Linda at a wedding expo in 2016. Her portfolio exemplified beautiful photos taken by a person of extensive knowledge in all things wedding! From our first meeting, we knew that she was more than prepared to capture candid moments that would truly tell the story of our wedding day. The weather was very unpredictable that week and we had to decide on photography locations uncomfortably close to the wedding date. She did a great job keeping us on schedule! She was able to take beautiful shots with the bridal party and family despite the time constraints. I was worried about not being able to shoot at Libby Hill after the ceremony…she stopped me and said, “no, you are the bride, it is important to you, so lets get to it!”. I totally appreciate that because I think those will be my favorites. She found some gorgeous locations on libby hill for photos and I could not be happier.

Linda was extremely easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. She asked thorough and detailed questions ahead of the wedding day to understand specific photos we wanted; first look, bridal party and family shots….etc.

I will admit we had a slight planning miscommunication (which was completely my fault) a few weeks before the wedding--while usually, that might stress a bride out-Linda took time to understand the situation fully and then went out of her way to ensure a resolution was met quickly. She is truly passionate about the work she does, and it made me feel that it was important to her to go above and beyond for us anytime she could. She didn't see us simply as a bride and groom, but as two people sharing a special day that she was going to capture to the best of her ability. She was flexible and understanding and definitely someone I was so incredibly thankful to have around in a time I felt significantly overwhelmed.

LJ · Married on 05/26/2017

2/2 **

The day of the wedding she arrived WAY ahead of schedule and began working right away. She did a great job of putting us at-ease when we were feeling jittery and nervous. This really helped to get beautiful and natural reactions from us during portraits. We worked across several locations between first look photos, the venue and outdoor photos and she was extremely gracious and wonderfully laid-back throughout the day.

While i have only seen the sneak peak of the wedding photos, i am confident I am going to love them-which is why i wanted to write my review as soon as i could.

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and enjoyed working with Linda through every step of the process. She is an incredibly organized professional and has such an eye for detail and the natural, candid moments. If you are looking for a photographer, stop right here, you have found the most awesome in all of RVA!

Adriana · Married on 05/21/2017

I honestly couldn't recommend Linda enough. She really made us feel comfortable, and her experience in the field shines through. She handles the whole thing like a total professional (I mean, because she is), but isn't afraid to inject her own wonderful personality in to the day (which I love!). If you want great quality photos without paying an arm and a leg, Linda is the best.

Katie · Married on 04/15/2017

When I got the photos (just 30 days after the wedding, which is great compared to what I've heard some people waiting), it was like I was living through the day all of again. Linda is AMAZING and we will treasure her photos forever. She did such a phenomenal job and was so easy to work with on the day of. She also walked my husband and I through the steps in planning the actual wedding day in a way that was so helpful. She brought up things we hadn't even thought of, and encouraged us to pay more attention to the ceremony than most people do (most just breeze through it quickly). Because of that we were careful in planning a song and our own vows - and it made the experience magical. Linda was great working with us and our six flower kids (boys and girls), and she captured moments that I didn't even realize happened. I could never stop singing her praises!!

Melissa · Married on 04/08/2017

When my now husband, Michael, and I were looking for a wedding photographer, a friend told us "find someone you like because you have to spend the whole day with that person" When we met Linda we knew instantly we wanted the spend our special day with her. Linda has the basics down pat: she takes beautiful pictures, knows what she's doing, and all at a really affordable price. Those things alone would draw anyone to her services. But you will get much more than that with Linda as your photographer. She gave us good advice as we were in the planning stages and she was there for all the details on the big day. I couldn't believe how helpful she was with things that had nothing to do with photographs. It was like she was our day of coordinater too! Linda is amazing at what she does and she feels like a life long friend. More than one person came up to me at our wedding and asked if she was a friend that we had hired to be our photographer. Several guests thought we had been friends with Linda for years. And although we hadn't been friends for years, it definitely felt like it. I could go on and on about how much we loved Linda as our photographer. I am so happy to have met her and now consider her a friend. I am truely happy to be able to look back at one of the happiest days of my life with joy and thankfulness that we chose Linda to capture our day.