38 Reviews for Awesome Party Planners and Catering

35 Awesome Party Planners and Catering Reviews

Awesome Party Planners did a wonderful job helping me with my wedding reception. Everything I asked for and more was provided, and the food and set up was excellent!!!

Profile Picture Tracey, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
0.8

I would never ever recommend anyone using this catering service for their wedding. I spent months communicating back and forth with the owner and I will say that she did respond to my emails however I was very disappointed with how our big day turned out. The pictures listed on her website look like the food would be delicious, however I was very shocked when I tasted the food, after paying $26 dollars a plate, I was expecting the pork to be amazing, but it tasted like processed pork that you would buy out of a deli. My entire wedding party agreed that for the price, the food was very disappointing. The worst thing that happened, is this owner allows her staff members to sit out front to smoke stinking cigarettes, when this is where all the guest need to walk by, I was going to the chapel to clean out my bridal suite and the wind blew my wedding veil which cost several hundred dollars and it landed into her hand and her cigarette put 5 huge burns and holes into my sentimental veil. No one smokes cigarettes in my family and it was disgusting to smell and now my veil is ruined and as you can imagine, I was devastated by this. I brought this to her attention after returning home and she offered to do nothing to compensate me for what her staff member did to my veil. She also promised to package up all the left over food and didn't do that either. I had ordered 2 sets of bride and groom chocolate covered strawberries, she "forgot" and then I had to request to be refunded for that as well. The DJ services that she offers is extremely over priced and her husband is NOT a professional DJ by no means, he simply sits behind a laptop computer and plays the songs that you request, which anyone with no experience can do. Another $400 dollars wasted in my opinion. He was dressed very poorly too, not professional at all. She also broke all the party favor bottles with star fish that I hand made and asked her to be very careful with. I would NOT use this caterer!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Leslie, 7/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Awesome Party Planners (Garnet) did an amazing job providing the venue, food, cake and entertainment for our daughter's wedding reception. Garnet is very professional - in a comfortable, calming way...she offers options, helps with suggestions and is very flexible. The services provided are a definite value!!

We loved everything about dealing with Awesome Party Planners!!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Awesome Event Planning helped me with my beach wedding reception and everything was perfect. Garnett and the staff made working with them easy which was a big plus since I lived out of town, The cupcake tower and mini cake were prefect! They suggested colors and decorations for the cupcakes based on my colors and style and I could not have asked for better. The food was delicious, everyone kept complimenting on how delicious everyhing was! I was an extremely happy bride!

Profile Picture Tina, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Awesome Party Planners and Catering was wonderful. Garnet helped with everything I don't know what I would have done without her. From the food and service to the cake we could not have asked for anything better!! We danced our butts off and had a blast. Thank you for making our wedding reception so special, it was fun and romantic all in one. It was everything we ever wanted!!!

Profile Picture Frances, 5/3/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding day was great because of this Awesome Party Planning family business. Our guests said it was the best wedding they had attended and the food was just wonderful. Our big day was 02/23/2013, Robert and Sonja just want to thank Garnet so very much.

Profile Picture Sonja, 2/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, DJ

We throughly enjoyed everything they provided for us for our wedding reception, they did a great job! They took a lot of stress off of our shoulders when it came to planning our event, they pretty much took care of everything for us.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Morgan, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Services,reception DJ ,and catering was good.

Profile Picture User2702783, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Even though the cake was the wrong flavor, Garnet was wonderful in making us a new small one and new topper for our 1 yr.

Profile Picture diane, 9/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Everyone was wonderful, food and cake was delicious, and music was perfect!!

Profile Picture kayla, 9/22/12, 1 Review

The cake topper was not the one we ordered but they took care of it very professionally. Everything else was wonderful.

Profile Picture Dolores, 9/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Garnet was s patient, helpful and accomodating! Our cupcake wedding cake was a big hit at our reception and delicious too!

Profile Picture Keasha, 6/30/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Awesome Party Planners and Catering was referred to me by Together Forever wedding chapel, the chapel we got married at. I was a little uneasy, especially since I lived out of state and was unable to taste samples. I decided to order my wedding cake from Awesome Party Planners, since the reviews online were great; I'm glad I did. Garnett responded to all my calls and emails in a timely fashion and she was very professional. The price of the cake was very reasonable. When I saw the cake, it was beautiful. The stargazer flowers I requested on the cake looked real, but it was made out of sugar. Most important, the cake was delicious, fresh, and moist. We were afraid we would have a lot of cake left over, but our guests had seconds while they were at the reception and they took cake home. I still have guests talking about how delicious the cake was. If ever I'm in the North Myrtle Beach area again and want or need a cake, I'm definitely going to contact Garnett. If you decide to go with Awesome Party Planners, you won't be disappointed.

Mr. and Mrs. Henry
Raleigh, NC

Profile Picture K., 6/30/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Garnet was very accomodating. I planned the wedding from TN and had the reception at the Historic Train Depot. I loved that Awsome Party Planners are one stop planning. I ordered food, table and chair linens, dishes, and a D.J. all in one place. I was a bit nervous about that, but they did an awsome job! May God bless your future business. The guests thought the food was very good and we enjoyed the left overs. Thank you for all your hard work!

Profile Picture Victoria, 5/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you're looking for a great one- stop- shop, Awesome Wedding Planners and Catering is the place for you.

Profile Picture THOMAS , 4/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake

Awesome Party Planners and Catering was great with wedding!!!!!!!!!! You guys are truly AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Debra, 4/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, DJ, Wedding Cake

We changed the design a few times and the staff with Awesome Party Planners were always kind and understanding! The cakes were a bit on the expensive side but the value you get is why! The sponge was thick and flavorful, the icing was great and everything you would want in butter-cream icing! We had a red velvet cake with butter-cream icing and cream cheese in between each layer. :) All the guests were impressed at the artistry of the cake. We had a square bottom, a circular middle layer and a heart top layer, they shaved the heart so that it sat upright! We also ordered the grooms man cake from them too which was a tackle box with all the tackle in it and a fish on a plank of wood. Simply AMAZING!!

Profile Picture Michelle , 4/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

MY WEDDING WAS POSTPRONE AND GARNET WORKED WITH ME FOR A WHOLE YEAR.THE SERVICE WAS AND STAFF WAS EXCELLENT,THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AS WELL ESPECIALLY THE CAKE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY STILL TALKS ABOUT THE CAKE AND HOW NICE EVERYONE WAS.WHEN MY DAUGHTER GETS MARRIED I HOPE SHE CHOICE TO USE AWESOME PARTY PLANNER.

Profile Picture CHARLENE, 3/31/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Photography, Wedding Cake

Everything was beautiful. The food was delicious and all our friends enjoyed it. The servers were friendly and made everyone feel welcome. They also helped me design a cake that was unique (and quite tasty!) The dj alowed us to choose all of our own music and made sure everything moved along smoothly.

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/3/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

My husband and I were hesitant about using a bakery prior to tasting the cake, especially since it was for our wedding. All the details were discussed with the owner, Garnet, and she delivered superb service. When I saw the cake, it was absolutely gorgeous. But what was just delightful was the taste when we ate it. I will refer her services to anyone who is in the Myrtle Beach area. She will take care of you.

Profile Picture User2636230, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

The food was great, the cake was awesome. We were totally impressed.

Profile Picture Tina, 10/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Garnet exceeded my expectations. I am very happy with my experience with Awesome Party Planners.
Kathi

Profile Picture Kathi, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our wedding reception 9/24/2011 was absolutely beautiful. Garnet was very helpful and accommodating from creating our own centerpieces on the tables to the fantastic cake. The food was delicious, the DJ was perfect and the answer to any other question you have is "Awesome!!!!"

Adam & Amber

Profile Picture Amber, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I can't begin to put into words how fantastic everything was at our reception. The venue was decorated just as I had dreamed of and the food was some of the best I ever had the pleasure of eating. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would strongly suggest anyone who needs catering and wedding services such as dj, photography etc to use Awesome Party Planners..They aren't just party planners , they end up feeling like family!!

Alley Burt

Profile Picture Alley, 9/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

garnet was real easy to work with in my planning

Profile Picture debra, 9/10/11, 1 Review