aVow Ceremonies and Services Reviews

aVow Ceremonies and Services 6
aVow Ceremonies and Services 7

Breanna Perez · Married on 11/17/2018

Perfect ceremony!

I knew Rick was the perfect officiant for us right when I saw his red converse! (I wore maroon converse on my wedding day)

Rick was truly amazing and I thank God he was available on our date, especially finding him 3 weeks prior to our wedding. I loved how prompt he was to get the ball rolling on our ceremony! He asked us questions specifically to our relationship so that he could build the perfect “our story” and he did just that. Rick had our guests in tears and laughter. We received lots of compliments on what a great job he did and how he made our wedding so beautiful! I would highly recommend Rick to officiate your wedding.

Rick I hope we run into each other again because you are wonderful! And your bow ties are awesome!! Thank you a million times for the wonderful ceremony! You Rock!!

• Lindsay

Lindsay Kuhlmann · Married on 11/11/2018

Best Ceremony Ever!

Rick was very professional and responsive throughout our planning process, which really helped with our destination wedding. He sent us many options for our ceremony and was able to fit our personalities into the vows. Rick was great at adding humor and romance into the ceremony. We were so happy with his service and would recommend him for your wedding!

• Sarah

Sarah Kobayashi · Married on 11/10/2018

Incredible

We could not have asked for a better wedding ceremony. Rick really took the time to get to know each of us individually and make our ceremony personalized to us. The ceremony was unique, sincere, funny and beautiful. Besides getting to marry the love of my life, having Rick marry us was the best part of the day. He was kind, patient, responsive, funny and a joy to work with. We can't speak highly enough of him and are so thankful we had the privilege of having him marry us. Everyone that attended the wedding raved to us after about how wonderful our officiant was, and we couldn't agree more!

• Matthew

Matthew LaFreniere · Married on 11/03/2018

aVow Ceremonies makes your day

My wife Martha and I are so happy with aVow Ceremonies. Rick Comstock quickly became friends with us, and there's no one better to have on your wedding team. We chose him based on his website and how professional, caring, and well-dressed he is. He pays attention to details and what the couple wants. He had me send him a picture of my suit, tie, and shoes so he could coordinate his attire. This was very important to us because we knew he would be in many of our pictures and videos.

For the ceremony planning, we met for coffee first so we could all get to know each other. I remember him making us feel calm and confident with our wedding planning. He is passionate about what he does, and you can tell he loves weddings. We enjoyed talking to him about love, life, and marriage.

After coffee, we had some genuinely fun homework to do. He gave us some example ceremonies and readings. We chose parts of ones we liked best and added some readings of our own. We also got to tell our story. Rick had us each tell our story from our point-of-view. We each emailed him separately.

On our wedding day, he stitched our stories together, and we each felt all kinds of wonderful emotions as we were hearing the story for the first time. There were parts I knew would be in there, but I didn't know how he would use all of the information. It was beautiful and flowed so smoothly. Our guests loved it too.

Rick is the ultimate professional. He knows how important the details are, and he makes everything go smoothly. He has plenty of experience and advice. He will do everything it takes to give the couple their best day.

Molly · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommend!!

We hired Rick as the officiant for our wedding in October and it was one of the best decisions we made! When looking for an officiant, I spoke with about 4 people and never really felt like I clicked with any of them. Hiring an officiant is tricky because you want someone who feels like they know you as a couple. Within a minute of speaking with Rick on the phone, he began describing his work and it made me tear up! That's how I knew he was the one :) My husband and I met him in person in SLO (which was a fun weekend trip for us from SF) and he was very nice and professional. He was very responsive throughout the whole process and made me feel comfortable that he would do a great job. On the day of our wedding, we got SO many compliments on how great of an officiant he was...which, to be honest, wasn't something I expected people to bring up! They loved that he was a great speaker, looked the part, didn't make a mistake, and kept the ceremony concise yet sweet. He even stepped out of the way several times during the ceremony so that the photographer could get photos without him. If you're looking for an officiant to make your wedding day really special, I highly recommend Rick!

Ca + Mp · Married on 10/06/2018

The Best Ceremony our Guests had EVER Heard

The number one thing our guests seem to remember about our wedding was how AMAZING the ceremony was. If that's not a testament to how good Rick is at this, I don't know what is.

Rick was recommended to us by our wedding planner and while I thought it could be awkward to have someone you don't know stand with you on the most important day of your life, Rick made us feel comfortable from the start. He was friendly, responsive & helped us create a ceremony that really reflected who we are as a couple. In fact, many guests were shocked to learn that we had met Rick through our wedding planner, as opposed to him being a long time friend. He made the ceremony THAT special. I can't imagine a better officiant & would recommend him to any couple.

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2018

Just perfect!

Rick was amazing! From the first phone call, to the signing of the marriage license, Rick was on top of everything. He was extremely helpful during our first conversation, giving us the entire breakdown of the ceremony and a million different options to suit our lifestyle/religions. He also provides different ideas for your ceremony, in case you are in need of them. And the bowtie...Just perfect! :) If you are looking for a super professional, yet down to earth, approachable, funny, and most importantly, caring, officiant, look no further, Rick is your man! We would hire him again and again. Thank you Rick, for making our day and ceremony everything we dreamt of!

• Hailey

Hailey N Ferguson · Married on 09/22/2018

Rick is the best!

Hiring Rick to officiate our wedding was the absolute best decision we made!!

From the day we met with Rick, my husband and I knew he was the ONE!! He leads with passion and has such incredible energy. Without a doubt we knew he had our best interests in mind. He was so enthusiastic and committed to creating a truly memorable and unique ceremony that reflected us as a couple. His kind-heartedness and positivity just radiates and it’s so fun to be around him and work with him. He was genuinely excited to be a part of our beginning and our most special day!!

We interviewed many other possible officiants but Rick really stood out. He had previous experience at our venue and was just so pleasant and supportive. He made himself available for countless questions and phone calls and really helped guide us through the process. In regards to the marriage license, Rick was extremely knowledgeable about what to expect and clarified what his responsibilities were and what ours were as a couple. He made the entire process so fun and helped create our perfect ceremony. He put extra time and energy into getting to know us & finding out what we wanted and realizing our vision for our most special day.

He provided us so many examples of his amazing work which really helped us get started on creating what we really liked and wanted to include our ceremony. Together we created such an incredible and heartfelt ceremony, it was so much FUN!!! He asked my husband and I to individually send him our versions of our love story and then he revealed his “twitter version” at our ceremony as a surprise to us as well as our guests. It was so awesome we loved it and laughed so much! It was so fun, unique and unexpected for all of us to hear it for the first time together!

He was punctual and very organized at the ceremony rehearsal and made us feel so calm and confident for the day of. Man oh man did he exceed our expectations!!! Our ceremony was the absolute most beautiful ceremony ever!! Along with our family and friends we were so very impressed by what a great job he did. They could not stop praising what a delightful time they had. He really took the time to chat and get to know our families. I won’t reveal all of his secrets of the trade but he added some remarkable and innovative elements that made our ceremony unforgettable and kept our guests engaged.

This guy knows how to speak!!! He is the master of his craft and will make you feel like you are the only couple he is working with. He is at the top of his profession and made himself available to assist our bridal party with their speeches.

We would unquestionably recommend Rick to all of our friends and family and anyone who is looking for a hassle free and unforgettable ceremony!!

Maegan · Married on 09/15/2018

Rick was absolutely amazing!! He was such a pleasure to work with. We were actually recommended to him last minute because we had a problem with our original officiant. Rick knew what to do right away. He had everything so organized and made sure our wedding ceremony went perfectly considering the limited time. My guests had nothing but great things to say about our officiant and how well the ceremony went. They loved what he had to say and thought he did such a good job representing us. I would highly recommend him to be apart of your wedding!!

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2018

Rick was our officiant for our wedding in June of 2018. He was fantastic to work with and helped make our wedding so special! He is very personable, easy to work with, and has great character. Friends of ours recommended Rick to us after having him officiate their wedding in 2017. We attended our friends’ wedding and Rick did an amazing job during their ceremony so we were confident Rick was the right choice for us. We got married at Lago Giuseppe Winery in Templeton and we live in Northern California about 200 miles away. We had an initial meeting with Rick about a year before our wedding and then met with him in person a second time about a month before the wedding. Rick took the time to get to know us and hear our story during that first meeting, and it was also really nice to learn more about his background. The rest of our communication was via email. Distance was definitely not an issue as Rick is a great communicator and always responded promptly. Rick was a great resource and explained everything we needed to know along the way. We love how we were able to customize our ceremony and we felt it was truly unique to us. Rick provided us with many different ceremony components and we were able to select the ones we liked including passages, shared vows, and a symbolic tying of the knot. Rick was awesome on the day of our wedding and our friends and family had such great things to say about our ceremony. We highly recommend Rick and could not have asked for a better wedding experience! Thank you Rick for everything!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 8
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 9

Donna · Married on 06/29/2018

Let me first start with our experience with Rick was A++!

We hosted our destination wedding in SLO, beginning with no local relationships. After reading through a few of Rick's reviews on Wedding Wire I felt confident to setup an in person meeting with him as we were traveling to the area. Our initial meeting with him was great and really put me at ease. He took the time to learn more about each of us as well as our personal story. I knew right after that meeting he was the one for us!

Of all my wedding planning vendors, he definitely made it the most simple and easiest process - when you're juggling a lot of balls, this is incredibly valuable. The execution of our ceremony was flawless and we have Rick to thank for that. My wedding party and guests are literally still raving about him! Trust me when I say that Rick should be your first and only choice!

Kellie · Married on 06/23/2018

We had originally wanted to have a friend officiate our wedding for us because we liked the idea of having someone who knew us and our relationship well, but when it came down to it we decided to opt for someone who had more experience. On our first call with Rick, we spoke to him about our decision and he worked with us to make our ceremony feel just as personal as if it was being delivered by a friend. He provided numerous examples of other ceremonies and gave us the tools to piece together something that was unique to us. We cannot say enough good things about Rick and we received so many compliments from guests on the ceremony as well!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 10
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 11

Jesse · Married on 06/23/2018

Rick was quick to respond to any questions we had. He was very organized and had a lot of experience and advice to help make our day special. He did a wonderful job and everything went seamless on our wedding day. I highly recommend Rick to help make your big day complete and worry-free.

aVow Ceremonies and Services 12

Taylor · Married on 06/16/2018

The most important part of the wedding to us was the ceremony. We are from out of town and knew we wanted an officiant who was Christ centered to marry us with a powerful message. When we met Rick, we instantly knew he was the perfect fit for us. He is extremely professional. He took the time to meet with us several times over coffee to prepare our “love” message we wanted to convey to our guests. We also incorporated scripture reading given by our siblings and a symbolic sand ceremony. He helped us develop the entire ceremony from start to finish, providing us material and adding his expertise to ensure it flowed smoothly. He also was part of our rehearsal, providing our coordinator & DJ valuable input to the ceremony. During the ceremony I felt like time stood still as I felt every word he spoke. Thank you Rick for making the most important part of our wedding day truly unforgettable. I highly recommend Rick as your officiant!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 13
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 14
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 15
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 16

Dana · Married on 06/10/2018

If you are looking for an officiant Rick Comstock is your guy!

My original plan was to elope but then a few family members wanted to be there so we decided to plan something very tiny. We knew what day we wanted (June 10, 2018) and it was the beginning of May so we had 6 weeks to plan. One issue I found was some officiants didn’t work on Sunday’s. Well, that’s what we needed. I emailed him and he responded quickly. From the moment I contacted Rick we knew he was our guy. We then spoke over the telephone and after that my husband and I were sold!

Both my husband and I have been married before. However, he had a friend marry him and I went to the court house. I’ll be honest in saying I didn’t realize how important picking the “right” officiant was but let me tell you it is VERY important. Because our wedding was so small and because we both had been married before we knew how we wanted it and Rick listened and DELIVERED!

Our family members are still talking about our wedding, actually, they are talking about Rick ;)

He did an amazing job. Our wedding, though it was tiny, was so perfect and intimate because of him!

Eric · Married on 06/09/2018

Rick is an amazing officiant. Contacting Rick was easy and he was able to get back to us promptly. Even though we were from out of town, Rick was able to accommodate us for a meet and greet session. Rick had a lot of great info to offer not just for officiating, but for wedding advice in general. We felt no pressure when It came time to decide, but it was easy to see after meeting with Rick, he was the best choice for us. He has a lot of experience officiating weddings and his extensive background made him an excellent choice. We were able to tell right away after our meeting that Rick really enjoys what he does and loves meeting new couples.
    We shared our love story with Rick and also some unique details which aided him in crafting a very unique ceremony. Everybody from friends to family said they really enjoyed the wedding ceremony due to Rick's hand crafted story and readings and some even said it was the best part of the entire wedding. The ceremony was unique but still kept with the ideas of the meaning and importance of a wedding celebration.
    We would definitely recommend Rick because not only are his services one of a kind, but he is an excellent speaker whose voice, energy, and speaking style held and kept the attention of all of our guests. He is professional and respectful and it was a delight to have him as he was one of the key highlights to our incredible wedding.

Katerina · Married on 05/26/2018

We cant talk more highly about Rick. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Rick took the time to listen/read "our love story," and did a beautiful job in putting into words "our story." Our ceremony and his words were the highlight of our day. He was kind, punctual, professional and not to mention stylish. :) Thank you Rick for being a crucial part in our big day, and for contributing the words that made everyone smile.

• Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 05/20/2018

WOW! I am so glad that we went with Rick Comstock at aVow Ceremonies for our wedding ceremony on Sunday May 20, 2018. I saw some friends this past weekend that were at our wedding and they asked me, "Was the officiant someone you knew personally?" I responded that we didn't know Rick until I found him on Wedding Wire, why? They said "Because he put so much heart into the ceremony and his message, we thought he was a good friend of yours!"
    It couldn't be more true.
    When researching who would marry us we knew we wanted someone professional, someone that could deliver a message that would resonate with us and our guests. When I saw a video on his website the "Blessing of the Hands" I was in tears and knew we found our officiant.
    My first conversation I had with Rick I felt like I was chatting with an old friend. Rick is professional and really gets to know you as a couple and what you want out of your wedding ceremony.
    I told him that my husband and I wanted to be truly present that day and I felt like because of Rick's message and delivery, he really allowed us to be focused on each other while giving our vows. I remember the ceremony so vividly.
    Rick provided us with so much material for the ceremony that we were able to pick and choose what we wanted to have for our message and add in some of our own words. Even though we didn't write or recite our own vows (to our own wishes) it felt like we were saying and hearing the words straight from our hearts.
    Rick was a true professional. He arrived right on time for our Saturday rehearsal the day before (even when coming straight from another wedding). We requested an unplugged ceremony and we have 0 pictures from the ceremony so he really helped us enforce that!!
    Rick, thank you for everything, you will always hold a special place in our hearts for being the one who married us!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 17

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2018

I knew from the moment I talked to Rick and reviewed his work that I wanted him to be part of our wedding. He is very professional and provides a lot of feedback and suggestions regarding the ceremony. I wanted our ceremony to be meaningful and unique and he was able to provide us all of that and more! I am still receiving compliments from my guests regarding the ceremony and Rick. Thank you Rick for making our day special!

Lindsay · Married on 05/18/2018

'Thank you so much Rick for our amazing, one of a kind wedding ceremony. We both loved it so much. Every one of our guests were in shock and awe during the ceremony and loved every second. They all thought we had known each other for years the way you seamlessly described our relationship. We loved re-reading the ceremony together when we were back home. We also absolutely loved the opportunity to read each other's stories and see how each other felt from early on in the relationship. I feel like we grew even closer after reading stories; which seems unlikely, but it's true. So than you for that. Thank you for being so awesome and flexible to work with leasing up top our special day. You were an amazing officiant and you were the perfect fit for us; as you understood our sense of humor and our sarcasm. So thank you so much for keeping it to close to ur unique personalities. You were GREAT!
    Sincerely, Brett & Lindsay Rancadore.

aVow Ceremonies and Services 18
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 19

Matt · Married on 05/12/2018

We found Rick on our Venues preferred vendor list. A quick rule of thumb; whenever a venue has a preferred vendor on their list, use them! we used Rick, who had awesome communication, knowledge, ideas, and was very smooth. Rick was punctual and precise for every detail for our wedding. He made sure everyone was ready and in place, and the whole ceremony went smoothly. He also worked with us to give exactly what we wanted in the way verbiage for the ceremony. Rick even went as far as to matching the groom's tux. All in all, Rick was amazing, and anyone booking him for their special day will not be disappointed one bit. I highly recommend Rick for any wedding ceremony, he will truly make your day a special one.

Rebecca · Married on 05/10/2018

Rick was amazing! We are about two hours away from each other but Rick met us halfway to have an introductory lunch. A few weeks before the wedding I gave him a few key things to include in our ceremony and he wrote up a first draft within a few days! There were a few things we weren't 100% in love with so he worked with us until our ceremony was perfect. The day of the wedding, he arrived early to meet with the groom and groomsmen to go over everything. When it came time, the ceremony itself went so smoothly. Rick is extremely professional and at the same time, effortlessly cool. All my guests loved his tone and the nice touches he added to our day. I am so grateful we found Rick and would recommend everyone to have a meet and greet with him! Thank you again Rick! - The Aftabs

aVow Ceremonies and Services 20

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2018

Rick did a great job officiating our wedding! Everyone loved him! He is so genuine and was the perfect combination of professional yet approachable and accommodating. We got to meet with him a couple times before our ceremony to chat, which was really nice. He also really helped us with ceremony ideas when we weren't sure about where to start! My husband and myself both highly recommend Rick!!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 21

Jessie · Married on 05/05/2018

Memorable Vows

Rick was fantastic! He was so attentive and personal when it came to helping us write our ceremony. We could not be more grateful to him for making this part of our wedding (arguably the most important part!) stress-free, memorable, and down-right perfect! Thank you Rick!