aVow Ceremonies and Services Reviews

aVow Ceremonies and Services 4
aVow Ceremonies and Services 5
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 10/05/2019

Rick's ceremony was the best part of our wedding!

Do yourself a favor and just HIRE RICK FOR YOUR WEDDING! Rick was our officiant for our wedding in Paso Robles in October 2019 and finding him was like hitting the jackpot. Before we found Rick, I was a little worried about finding an officiant that would create a ceremony that felt like "us" and not just your run of the mill wedding ceremony. He was amazing to work with from start to finish (he sent us a ton of example ceremonies), he was helpful, professional, affordable, calming and overall just really enjoyable to work with. I can't even begin to count the number of our guests that came up to us during our reception to tell us how much they loved the ceremony and how great Rick did. Seriously, don't miss your opportunity to have Rick officiate your wedding. You will not regret it!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 6
    Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Benson · Married on 08/31/2019

Our Wedding Dreams Came True

Rick Comstock was the perfect addition for completing our fairy tale wedding. He was so good at getting our vision and implementing what our hopes were for our unforgettable day. He worked so well with me to refine and perfect his role and help us do the same for ours. I was impressed with his sensitivity to our specific situation bringing two families from two different religious backgrounds together seamlessly. I would highly recommend Rick and describe him as professional, sensitive and accommodating making sure to meet the needs of the Bride and Groom.

aVow Ceremonies and Services 7
    Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Maddy

Maddy · Married on 08/31/2019

An Amazing Cermony

Rick did an amazing job with our ceremony! We wanted to include a special prayer that was important to us, and he incorporated it so beautifully into the ceremony. Rick was so accommodating with everything that we were looking for in our ceremony, even down to the outfit! He wanted to make sure he fit in with the look and feel of the wedding, which was so amazing!

Couldn't have asked for a better officiant!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 8
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 9
    Sent on 11/06/2019

Cassi · Married on 08/24/2019

Rick is your guy, folks!

My husband and I were married in August 2019 in Santa Barbara and Rick was everything we could want in an officiant. I spoke with 3 other officiants in addition to Rick and Rick stood out. He was friendly, super flexible with our schedule since we weren't local, and sent us A TON of materials to help us decide what type of ceremony and readings we wanted. We added a lot of humor to the reading of our story, and Rick's comedic timing was pure perfection but he was also able to be very serious. He had us and the crowd laughing one second and tearing up the next. Rick also had a great tactic of standing right behind us during part of the ceremony and stepping away for other parts so our photographer was able to snap a plethora of great photos some with Rick and some with just my husband and I, a small detail but very well thought out by Rick. Rick also makes sure to dress in a suit that's similar to the groomsmen or whatever the bride/groom want. Also totally dig his bowties. We were lucky enough to get the super rad sunglasses bowtie for ours. Feedback from guests was stellar, multiple folks told us how amazing our officiant was. Another huge bonus, Rick's rates are reasonable AND he was much more pleasant than some of the other officiants in the area who were a bit colder when originally chatting and had much higher rates. You're crazy if you don't hire Rick!! Thanks for everything, Rick the Rockstar!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Simon

Simon Chuang · Married on 08/16/2019

Amazing experience and highly recommended!

Rick was great during the entire process. He has such a great voice and is extremely personable and professional. He made our ceremony better than we could have expected and it helped that the price point was very fair and reasonable. Don't hesitate to use Rick for your wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Ben Logan · Married on 08/10/2019

All Around Helpful

Rick was super helpful with creating the ceremony. He was very flexible working on it with us, and helped give us several resources and options whenever we needed them. He also did a great job performing the ceremony.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Victoria Benson · Married on 07/31/2019

Pure perfection

Amazing! One of the best decisions we made was to go with Rick. We were planning our wedding from a distance and he worked with us via email/skype until 3 weeks out when we met in person. Rick made the whole process very easy for us. All of our guests commented on what a fantastic job he did when telling our story. It was just perfect! We highly, highly recommend him.

aVow Ceremonies and Services 10
    Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra Ingram · Married on 07/19/2019

Rick was fantastic!

Rick was the Officiant for our wedding and we could not have been more happy with him. Early on, we met to discuss what we were looking for and had envisioned for the ceremony. Rick provided many examples of ceremonies to give us more ideas for the ceremony and was extremely responsive in all communication. Day of the wedding, Rick arrived in his signature bow-tie and was extremely professional throughout the entire ceremony. I would highly recommend Rick!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Mason Shelley · Married on 06/22/2019

Best officiant in central california!

We had the honor of having Rick as our officiant for our wedding and both my wife and I were extremely pleased with his services. After the ceremony all of our friends and family commented on how amazing Rick’s story for us was told and how great he was overall. He was extremely flexible to our timeline and went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. If you want an officiant that does it all, (funny, cute, religious, etc.) then Rock is your man.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Rocio

Rocio · Married on 06/22/2019

Provided a beautiful and unique ceremony for us!

We hired Rick last second as our officiant. Lucky for us, he was available! We hadn’t given our ceremony much thought and he provided us with many resources to pick and choose what we liked and make it unique to us. We also had some ideas of our own we wanted to incorporate and Rick happily integrated them seamlessly into our ceremony despite the little time he had to work with us. Couldn’t have asked for a better officiant!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 11
    Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Samira

Samira Wolf · Married on 06/15/2019

The best officiant there is!

Rick is absolutely amazing! We cannot say enough good things about him! Choosing him to marry us was definitely one of the best decisions we ever made!

Since we had to plan our wedding from out of the country we only got to know Rick by facetime calls at first. But already on the phone we could sense his amazing attitude and liked him right away.

Rick was soo easy to work with, always responded super quick and had an open ear for all our concerns and questions and ideas. He was able to integrate all our ideas and wishes in to one perfect ceremony, that was even better than we could have ever imagined! He made us laugh and he made us cry and I had goosebumps the entire time.

One of the things I liked most was how he told “our story”. He had us write them separately and then created a combination of our two versions that was so beautiful and perfectly delivered. I had the feeling as if we’d known each other for many years already!

So many of our guests came to us afterwards, saying it was the most wonderful ceremony / best speaker they had ever been to.

I could go on for ever on how amazing Rick is, but ideally just hire him and find out yourself 😊!

Thank you so much Rick, for making our wedding so wonderful and truly special!!!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Candace · Married on 06/08/2019

Outstanding Ceremony

As everyone knows a wedding is a very personal event. It is something that you will remember forever and with that I wanted to make sure that we had an officiant that delivered our story in a meaningful way which is exactly what we got with Rick. From the first phone call I knew that he was going to be the perfect fit for us. My husband and I each gave him our version of "our story" and Rick took those and made them into a beautiful ceremony that was so personal. Each one of our guests told us what an amazing job he did and that they loved hearing our story! I would recommend him to all of our friends/family!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Gordon · Married on 06/08/2019

10/10 officiant

Rick was always available and made me feel at ease about our ceremony and wedding process in general. I could review and edit the ceremony speech and make last minute changes. He was professional not to mention the nicest guy! Our wedding was the best day of our lives and Rick had an amazing part in it. Great speaker, totally nailed our ceremony! Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Charles Wilkinson · Married on 06/05/2019

Amazing Ceremony !!!

Hiring Rick. was one of the best decisions we made for my daughters wedding. I felt like he knew my daughter and new son in law, there whole life. From the first meeting, to the ceremony he was deeply involved with delivering the message and vows they wanted to share. Hire him as soon as you can because he will be in huge demand from our family and friends referrals.
    The parents of the Bride,
    Sidney and Charles

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne · Married on 05/18/2019

Our Ceremony was spectacular and so personal! Couldn't have asked for a better officiant.

Rick was absolutely amazing at ensuring our ceremony was personal and perfect for us. He talked us through countless different materials including different special ceremonies, vows, scriptures, stories, and about what we could include making our ceremony perfect for us. He was so flexible and was always there to answer any questions we had that came up. When someone even forgot the marriage license he came by personally to my parents' house to pick it up and send it off for us. He truly is a wonderful person and we so enjoyed getting to know him and have him create something so beautiful for our special day. He included references to everywhere our friends and family had traveled from to show how grateful we were to have everyone at our wedding. We couldn't recommend anyone but Rick and are so happy we chose to work with him!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Tami

Tami · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible experience

We chose Rick Comstock/Avow Ceremonies because I had heard him preach several years ago and we wanted a religious touch to our ceremony. Rick did an incredible job helping us pull together our ceremony and his delivery of it was more than we could have asked for. You won’t be disappointed with Avow Ceremonies!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 12
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 13
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 14
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 15
    Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Cindi

Cindi A · Married on 05/14/2019

Elopement turned fairytale!

We planned our elopement in about a month! So thankful that Rick was available!! With his support, our “quick elopement” turned into an intimate, fairytale wedding with 20 guests! Rick provided everything necessary to make our ceremony exactly what we wanted! He was RESPONSIVE, FRIENDLY, CALMING, and RELIABLE! He is invested in making your special day exactly that! Personal, meaningful, and special!! We can’t thank you enough Rick!! I would not change a thing! #happiestdayofmylife

aVow Ceremonies and Services 16
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 17
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 18
    Sent on 06/02/2019

Nick Grutzeck · Married on 05/11/2019

He’s now family!

When choosing an officiant, we had no idea what we were really looking for. We didn’t know what questions to ask to know which officiant would be good for us. Well, as soon as we met Rick, it was a no brainer. Rick is kind, EXTREMELY helpful, intelligent, and guided us through the process so easily. He put together the most beautiful ceremony and took the puzzle pieces important to us and put it all together to create a magical 25 minutes. I would highly recommend Rick- he really made our special day that much more special. Thank you Rick!!!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Ashley Parlier · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing!!!

Hiring Rick as our wedding officiant was the best decision ever!!! He was absolutely amazing and professional. He truly cared about getting to know every detail about my husband and I in order to make our ceremony very personal. I would highly recommend him to all of our family and friends.

aVow Ceremonies and Services 19
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 20
    Sent on 06/25/2019

Heidi Sparling Johnson · Married on 04/27/2019

Avow Ceremonies

Rick Comstock is very friendly & personable. From the initial phone call, I felt confident that he would be the right fit for conducting our ceremony. Rick provided sample ceremonies, ideas & saying which made it easy to draft our service. He dresses to impress, smart & professional. His relaxed speaking delivery made for an enjoyable ceremony. Rick goes out of his way to ensure that your ceremony is perfect & memorable!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 21
    Sent on 05/24/2019

Krista Chacon · Married on 04/26/2019

Rick is professional, creative and has great communication

Rick was a great resource for planning our wedding day! He has plenty of experience doing various wedding in different settings and was able to give valuable input. He allows you to piece together your ceremony that is custom to you and your spouse as well as coordinate the ceremony to fit your wedding as you envision it. He had great communication from day one. He responds to emails quickly, keeps you in the loop while planning your ceremony and always has lines open communication. We did not have a rehearsal dinner the day before the wedding (because we had a small wedding) but Rick still called me and reassured me that we could make any last minute changes if need be. He is a casual laid back guy, but is professional, confident and looks at every detail. On my wedding day everything was a blur and happened so fast, but Rick helped keep things on time and moved through the ceremony seamlessly. My guests also had great reviews about him. He spoke clearly and was able to project his voice for everyone to hear even though we were outside and near the ocean. Even if you are a bundle of nervous on your big day, you can be rest assured that the ceremony is in good hands! I appreciate Rick’s services!

PS. Rick also stood to the side of us during part of our ceremony so that the photographer could get shot of just me and my husband at the altar. My photographer thought this was very thoughtful. We were able to get photos with him too, but we were able to get beautiful photos of us and our fantastic scenery. Thanks!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 22
    Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/13/2019

Do you want the perfect ceremony? Then you need Rick!

From the moment we first spoke with Rick about officiating our wedding we knew he was our guy. Rick brings an energy and passion to his work that is admirable, and coupled with his experience in officiating weddings, he was able to guide us through the whole process. After getting our stories (and some direction on what we wanted) from my wife and I, Rick went away and put together the ceremony. He also had a huge amount of readings for us to choose from and review. He understood how important it was to us to thank our friends and family from travelling so far, and how special it was for people to meet for the first time on such a fine occasion. We wanted our ceremony to be thoughtful, but also lighthearted, and the end result speaks for itself - several guests commented on what a great job he did. Though we had only met him in person once before our big day, many people said that it seemed like he was an old friend. We feel the same way.

Rick was also able to provide advice on some of the smaller things you might not think of - he worked with the coordinator and photographer to ensure that he wasn't intruding on key shots of our big moment and he has a wonderful presentation style. He even provided our coordinator with a list of recommendations to go over during the rehearsal. He would have been at the rehearsal, too, but we insisted he not make the journey. Our venue was quite far for him to travel to, but he still agreed to do our wedding!

He immediately connected with our story, and cared so much about how the ceremony played out, and we are so grateful. We'll be recommending Rick to any friends and acquaintances that ask for recommendations in the future. We love you, Rick!

aVow Ceremonies and Services 23
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 24
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 25
    Sent on 07/19/2019

Sue Lieu · Married on 03/30/2019

Knowledgeable and Professional

Rick was great when we were searching for someone to officiate our California central coast wedding. He took the time to chat with us on the phone and made sure to answer all our questions. Knowledgeable and professional, Rick ended up officiating our wedding and did a great job. Communication was very good throughout the process and he made sure to include us in the planning so that he can tailor the ceremony to fit us. Definitely would recommend Rick as a officaint for your central coast wedding.

aVow Ceremonies and Services 26
    aVow Ceremonies and Services 27
    Sent on 04/15/2019

Patricia · Married on 03/23/2019

Matundan/Lace Wedding

Rick was amazing as our officiant! He gave us so many resources to help us create our ceremony. During our rehearsal, Rick was kind enough to lead the rehearsal because my coordinator ran late. On the day of the wedding, Rick calmed our nerves and made the ceremony run so smoothly! Also, the awesome wooden bow tie definitely added to his cool factor!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Giselle · Married on 03/15/2019

Amazing officiant services

Rick did such an amazing job with our ceremony. My husband and I felt comfortable the entire time and truly got a custom ceremony that was exactly to our likings. Rick was always very responsive and kept us in the loop the whole time. We are so appreciative for his amazing ceremony he wrote for us!

Sent on 03/26/2019