Austin Classic DJ Reviews

49 | Austin, TX

49 Reviews for Austin Classic DJ

1 User photo

Austin Classic DJ 1

We had Tim for our DJ through Austin Classic DJ and he was AWESOME. I had some weird requests for first song and the song that was played while introducing the wedding party and he totally made it happen. He allowed us to play DJ and have fun and also checked in with us to make sure we were enjoying the tempo/pace of the evening. He was such a cool guy and so accommodating, I couldn't have asked for a better DJ :)

Sent on 08/26/2016

Chanel · Married on 06/10/2016

I can not even begin to describe how much we loved having Tony be a part of our special day! I take music very seriously and knew I wanted someone top notch, and boy did we get it!! Tony made our wedding super fun and the dance floor was never empty. He played exactly what we wanted and even let us come on stage to DJ with him!! Brides, do yourself a favor and give Tony a call, you wont regret it!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Tim was our DJ and he was amazing! I let him know that I loved to dance and had a shorter dress to dance in, so to try to keep the good dance songs until I had my dancing dress on and he obliged so every time I was on the dance floor he would put on his best songs! He kept the party going the entire time and every one had a blast! He also knew when to switch to the next song! He was great and I am so glad he was our DJ!!!!! Such a fun and helpful guy!

Sent on 02/14/2016

Shannon · Married on 01/23/2016

We could not be happier about hiring Tony and Austin Classic DJ. We contacted a few DJ's when we initially started our wedding planning, and it was clear from the beginning that Tony was on top of his stuff. He was always easy to get a hold of and had an answer for all of our questions. When we were a few weeks out from our wedding, I was starting to contact vendors for final confirmations, and he contacted me first! He was ready for music for any part of the ceremony and reception. He even reminded me of some parts that needed music (it's hard to think of everything when you've never planned a wedding before!).

He was all set with the equipment, helped out with the mics for my request for my sister to sing at the ceremony, and even visited me next door at Hula Hut (wedding was at Abel's and I was trying to avoid having the groom see me) to introduce himself and make sure I knew everything was ready to go and ask if there was anything else I needed before we got the wedding started. It was fantastic.

Tony played all the music we requested and put together a killer set for the dancing portion of the night based on our interests and input. He even got us behind the table to get some sweet, sweet, DJing photos.

I don't need DJ's very often, but if I did, I would call Tony again and again. 10 out of 10, would recommend and use again.

Sent on 01/29/2016

Tim was amazing! He helped us design the type of wedding we wanted that marked our personal style and helped everyone have a great time on the dance floor! He did our ceremony music and our reception, and it was flawless. At one point in our planning process, the DJ we were working with had to leave the company due to a personal reason, and Tony, the owner of the company, personally called us to explain the situation and introduce Tim. I was beyond impressed with his concern and understanding for our situation (changing vendors halfway through a planning process can be tricky or surprising, and I loved that he answered all of our new questions and faced the situation head on. It was a stand-up move, and I appreciated his involvement). Tim was on board to join our team immediately and made the transition flawless. We had an amazing time and he did an amazing job.

Sent on 02/12/2016

Heather · Married on 11/13/2015

We LOVED our DJ!!!! We had so many special requests, and Andy was so great about working with us!!! We had a few very specific songs that we wanted played at our wedding and he made it happen! We also had a few that we didn't want as well :) Andy played a great variety of music and kept everyone dancing the entire night!! He even let me (the bride) take a picture as the DJ which turned out amazing!!! One of our special requests was that we wanted to do the "shoe game". He knew exactly what we were talking about and had an entire list of questions for us. It turned out great and our guests are still talking about how cute it was!! We are so happy that we went with Austin Classic DJ!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Becca · Married on 10/30/2015

SO much FUN!! I only had one request for Andy with Austin Classic DJ and that was to make our wedding a party, and he did just that! Everyone, even my husband, was dancing all night! He had to floor of the venue shaking, literally. I'm so glad Smith Photography recommended Andy to us and so glad we chose to use him!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Kristin · Married on 08/01/2015

Andy did a great job as DJ for our wedding! We sent a (long) list of songs we liked, and he did a great job at using it to keep everyone dancing. My husband also appreciated hearing a lot of his favorite songs during dinner. We sent a short do-not-play list which he was on top of as well. Andy also worked with our coordinator to make any necessary announcements during dinner and dancing, so everything went smoothly. Austin Classic DJ provided wonderful service for a great price, and we are glad we chose Andy!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Courtney · Married on 06/26/2015

Andy was absolutely amazing! I had no idea what I wanted to do for music! I was all over the place trying to consider all of the different age groups that would be attending the wedding and how we could incorporate all of their different tastes in music. So I gave a small list of songs I for sure wanted played at the reception, and then basically told him to run with it and add any other ones he knew would be good that would allow for everyone to get a chance to get up and dance! He did awesome! Everyone really enjoyed the music selection, and I feel like there was a great variety played. Also added bonus, I got to be the DJ for a couple of songs and work the turn table which was super cool and a major hit! :) Andy took care of the ceremony and reception music and everything flowed beautifully! We had so much fun dancing the night away! Thank you Andy!!!

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/15/2015

Andy with Austin Classic DJ is the best! We learned about him through our photographer Smith Photography. This is the way to go, great pictures and great music all from one location! Andy was so easy to work with. He sent us an email with questions about how/when we wanted the music and if we had certain songs that we wanted played. He played music before the ceremony, during the ceremony and for the reception and I never once worried about it. Thank you so much Andy for taking that wedding day stress away from me and playing music to keep my guests out on the dance floor!
    -Chase and Jamie Fuller

Sent on 07/26/2015

Laty · Married on 05/09/2015

Tony & Elena, the photographers, and Dj Andy (Austin classic DJ ) are the perfect team! What makes them special is their passion. They love what they do and it shows in their quality they provide. We would give them 10 stars, but weddingwire only limits 5. When we first met them, it was like meeting old friends. They're laid back, very accommodating, and stress free. We recommend getting the whole package the photography and the Dj service. For the price you will not be disappointed. Their prices are very reasonable compare to other vendors. We loved every single picture of our engagement and wedding. The soundtrack to our wedding was awesome. Thank you Tony, Elena, and Andy.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/01/2015

Andy our DJ was just perfect. We explained the type of music we wanted and specific songs we would like played during our wedding and reception. He was cooperative and made the wedding and reception just right with the music selections. He was available for bouncing ideas off of for appropriate and good music to play during wedding ceremony. We highly recommend him for DJ' ing your wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Nikki · Married on 04/24/2015

Austin Classic DJ aka DJ Andy made our wedding soundtrack perfect. We had friends come up to us during the reception and literally say "I love your wedding soundtrack" or "your DJ is great". We were so pleased with the service, the music, the professionalism... and of course, the price!! This is hands down the best DJ at the best price in the area. Trust me, we searched high and low. When we met with Smith Photography and learned about Austin Classic DJ, we thought it might be too good to be true... Then we met with Andy - he had a great, outgoing personality and was so willing to create the perfect set list for our big day and we knew we wouldn't regret choosing Austin Classic DJ. Be sure to send him your music likes/dislikes and be specific - he is open to what each couple wants, but also makes great suggestions. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Jeff · Married on 04/24/2015

Andy was a pleasure to deal with. We gave him a list of songs ahead of time to play and he played them all. The way i think he was a good dj was that he didnt try to steal the show. Ive been to weddings where the dj would talk and talk but Andy knew when to talk and knew when to play music. I barely remember him talking which is a plus when it comes to dj'ing weddings. He knew when to play all the songs and he also nailed our reception songs. I highly recommend him especially for the bargain price he charges.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Candice · Married on 04/18/2015

I can't say enough good things about Andy & Austin Classic DJ! He was easy to work with, and very responsive to any questions I had. He was even able to roll with the punches when the weather got bad at my reception and we had to move everything inside. I would highly recommend using him!!

Sent on 04/24/2015

April · Married on 03/21/2015

Austin classic DJ did a great job at my wedding! He played fun upbeat music at the reception and played a great mixture of music! He made my wedding very fun and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good wedding DJ!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/07/2015

Tim was super easy to work with and took the stress out of wedding planning. He worked really well with us and came up with a great playlist for the evening. and kept our friends and family dancing all night! Very professional, quick to respond to emails and calls, and showed up really early! He also was super accommodating, taking suggestions from the guests. I would recommend Austin Classic DJ to anyone who wants to have a lot of dancing fun!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Valentina · Married on 02/21/2015

I can't believe it's taken me this long to write a review for such a great wedding vendor. We are SO glad that we found Tim! He was responsive to our e-mails and answered every question we had. Our bridal party introduction was kind of unique and Tim handled it with no problem. Our guests still talk about how much fun they had at our wedding reception. My husband and I couldn't be happier. We would (and do) recommend Tim and Austin Classic DJ for your wedding!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Debora · Married on 12/27/2014

We greatly appreciated the services of Austin Classic DJ this last Saturday at our daughter's wedding reception. Andy's services began before the wedding as he contacted us several times to make sure the playlist and dance songs were correct and just what we wanted.
    Andy turned out to be a great DJ - he was very responsive to our group's requests and had old and young alike up dancing. In his professional capacity, Andy arrived at the reception hall early and was set up long before the event. He was playing music as the first guests arrived from the church and helped us wrap up the evening. It was a great pleasure to work with him.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Leann · Married on 10/12/2014

Andy, our DJ with Austin Classic DJ did a wonderful job at our wedding. Not only did he handle the reception music, he also did the ceremony music as well! It was all perfect and he kept the guests out dancing with his selections. Everyone had a great time! I would reccomend Austin Classic DJ to anyone looking for a DJ for their special event!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Angela · Married on 10/11/2014

We looked at tons of DJ's before finally coming across Austin Classic DJ. What a relief to work with Andy. He made things so easy. We got to choose the songs we like (and ban the ones we don't like). Even when there was a little bump in the evening because we forgot to tell him about a song we wanted for one of our dances, Andy downloaded the song on his phone and nobody ever knew there was a problem. Several of our guests told us how fun our reception was and we know it was because Andy played great music all night. If you need a great (and really affordable) DJ for your wedding, Austin Classic DJ should be your choice!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Samuel · Married on 08/16/2014

Andy was awesome!!! We are so glad that we chose Austin Classic DJ for our wedding. They were very open to our suggestions and requests before the wedding. All of our e-mails were answered very quickly. On the day of the wedding, Andy had music playing the entire time. He kept everyone informed of what was going on and...most importantly...he played GREAT music! He played our requested songs but also added songs that everyone loved. We highly recommend Andy and Austin Classic DJ to anybody needing a DJ for their wedding!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Tony and Elena recently started offering a DJ package for weddings along with the photography they do. We were lucky enough to be able to not only have Tony and Elena photograph our wedding but also bring in David (their DJ) at the last minute. He brought in and set up all his equipment and lighting well in advance of the dance and was extremely professional. He was dancing and grooving to all the songs and it was obvious he loved his job. We provided him a list of music only a week before the wedding and he had everything loaded and ready to go with no problems. Thank you to Tony, Elena and David for making our wedding dance so wonderful! Greg and Tara

Sent on 04/23/2014

Jaylyn · Married on 03/10/2018

3.4
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0

I have to say I was pretty disappointed in this DJ. I do not feel like he used our requested playlist hardly at all. There were songs that I really wanted and expected to be played that weren't. He started out with slow songs and kept playing slow songs at the beginning, which I felt like made it more difficult to get the party started. My husband actually had to go and tell him to play more upbeat songs. I really feel like the music was the least favorite part of my wedding. There were times when almost none of my guests were dancing (and the few that were were at my request to try to keep the party going.) Pretty much every song that was played was a wedding "cliche," and while I wanted some classics, I definitely wanted to mix in some newer, different songs, which he did not do. Maybe I should have communicated exactly what I wanted/was expecting a little better, but I assumed I didn't have to worry about it since he is experienced and had positive reviews. He was inexpensive, so there is one positive. He would be good for someone who wants all classic, cliche wedding music. I just recommend communicating exactly what you want to a T, or maybe go a different direction.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Austin Classic DJ's reply:

It sounds like you and I were at different weddings. I remember the evening much differently than what you describe. I print out requested song lists for every wedding and mark off each song as I play it. Your list had 54 songs on it. I played 48 of them. In fact, the majority of songs played at your reception came directly from your list. If there were cliche songs, it's probably because you requested them (Sweet Caroline, Shout, Don't Stop Believin', Wanna Dance With Somebody, Neon Moon, Uptown Funk, I Gotta Feelin', Thinking Out Loud, That's The Way We Do It, Yeah, Ice Ice Baby...all fairly 'cliche'...all on your list of requested music). The other 6 songs didn't get played because, at the time, they didn't seem to fit well with the crowd and you told me in your e-mail that the songs on the list "are kind of listed out by genre but please play whatever you feel the crowd is liking!" That's what I did. Your statement that I didn't play any of the songs on your requested list is false. And the idea that I didn't mix in newer, different song is false.

With a two and a half hour dance party, it is to be expected that there will be times with fewer people dancing. Guests need a break sometimes. The moments I remember most from your reception are your husband dancing in the middle of a huge group of people with his tie wrapped around his head! He spent a lot of time dancing and it seemed like he was having a great time.

The ceremony - perfect. Wedding party introductions - perfect. Toasts - perfect. Special dances - perfect. People danced for almost the entire evening. And, after the reception, I received multiple compliments from your guests. It seems to me like your wedding was a great success.