Audubon House & Tropical Gardens Reviews

Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 7
  • Laura

Laura Reams · Married on 04/13/2019

Beautiful Amazing Property!

We had just our ceremony at this location and it was absolutely perfect! We had the location reserved for an hour and was a perfect amount of time. The Event Coordinator onsite was extremely easy to work with and very helpful planning from far away. The property itself is extremely beautiful and in a really great location. I'd highly recommend getting married at this location.

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 8
  • Sylke

Sylke · Married on 03/23/2019

Tropical Paradise Wedding

Wow, that's the first thing I need to say about working with the team at Audubon House. Laura, my day of coordinator, works at Audubon House and gave me such great tips and advice, and because I was DIYing a big part of it, she helped me make budget friendly but still classy decisions. I really don't know what I'd do without her! She was happy to answer all my questions, was even helpful calming me down about my weather anxiety! I had 83 guests and it was the PERFECT number, not crammed, everyone had room to dance freely and most of the vendors I used already know the garden so it was a breeze to have them set up in the space. She loves the garden, respects it, and made sure all my wedding decor and layout worked perfectly on the grounds. It is SUCH an amazing venue, I'm sorry to say that I would pick it over and over again, it had so much more to offer than other venues in Key West. To any future bride, trust them and pick a theme that includes the garden and doesn't try to overshadow it, that's the beauty of historical landmarks and nature. Once again, thank you so much Laura and Audubon House, we had the best time of our lives.

Sent on 03/27/2019
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 9
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 10
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 11
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 03/02/2019

Gorgeous!!

Working with Laura was an absolute pleasure. I planned my wedding from 1200 miles away and picked Audubon House sight unseen. Working with Laura made me confident it was the right place to have our wedding. She was attentive and on top of everything. Audubon House is truly the most beautiful place in Key West to have a wedding. The pictures don’t do it justice. Our guest can’t stop telling us how perfect our wedding was.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Kelly · Married on 03/01/2019

Everything was perfect!!

The Audubon House is beautiful and was the perfect place for our wedding! The house is gorgeous and the gardens are stunning! Laura was beyond helpful and very responsive with any questions I had. She was also our day of coordinator and made sure everything was perfect and exactly how we wanted it! Thank you Laura!!

Sent on 03/03/2019
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 16
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 17

Leah Hampton · Married on 12/16/2018

Tropical Dream Wedding

The Audubon House was one of the first venues that I found online, and honestly, was the initial driving factor for having our wedding in Key West. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Audubon House and it could not have been more beautiful! We were also able to simplify things by having minimalist decor given that the garden is so beautiful by itself. This venue has only a few requirements for vendors (all of which are very reasonable) so we had the freedom to be creative. We were also able to go to the bars immediately after the reception given that the Audubon House is just right off of Duval. We had so many compliments from our guests that were blown away by the beauty of this venue. I can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Lisa · Married on 11/18/2018

A magical venue for a fairytale wedding

The Audubon House is so beautiful and elegant for an outdoor, garden wedding!! Laura and her staff are the best!!! They are extremely helpful, responsive and always there for whatever you need!! I would hire them again!!!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Dixie · Married on 10/07/2018

I cannot compliment Laura, Jackie, and the Audubon House staff enough. Planning a wedding 1200 miles away is very intimidating but Laura was on top of everything. We exchanged numerous emails and phone calls and Laura never made me feel any question was trivial. The venue is beautiful and they definitely know what they are doing. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 06/16/2018

It was absolutely beautiful. My husband and I love the outdoors and this was just yhe place to get married. Everyone was so impressed on how beautiful it was, with all the trees and plants. It was absolutely stunning and the Audubon House topped it off. Definitely would recommend to anyone. We loved it! The staff was wonderful and helped make the day special.

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 18
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 19
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 20

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

The Audubon House was such a wonderful venue to have our wedding! The team was super helpful with finding local vendors when we were booking from very afar. I can’t say enough about how beautiful this garden is as a venue. All of the greenery and the gorgeous house have made our photos look like a professional prepared photoshoot. Having such a lovely venue helped our wedding day look as magical as it felt.

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 28
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 29
    Audubon House & Tropical Gardens 30

emilie · Married on 11/05/2017

I could not have been happier with the Audubon House as our venue! It is so beautiful you need MINIMAL décor to make this place look like a million bucks. Working with Laura was amazing - she was our day of coordinator as well. The groups are beautiful, the set-up is perfect, and it feels extremely intimate even though it is on a busier street.

You have to bring everything in, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was. Laura coordinated with all of the vendors on logistics, so that made things a lot easier on me. Being able to bring in our own booze and just pay our caterer for bartending services was a huge plus - we were able to offer really top shelf liquor and wine for a fraction of the price you pay for an open bar through a caterer.

We had about 70 guests at 7 tables of 10 and it was the perfect fit in the front garden area - the layout of the property was perfect for this size group, but I know they can do bigger.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/26/2017

Laura and John were both amazing! Laura helped plan the intimate (like just the 2 of us) wedding of our dreams. It was so easy to work with her when setting up the event. The venue pricing was extremely reasonable and they were happy to work with us on timing as the museum closed. John met us the day of and stayed late to help us. He suggested great spots for pictures and helped us choose the ceremony location. The wedding couldn't have been more perfect! We can't wait to go back to KW and the Audubon House.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Caroline · Married on 04/28/2017

We had our ceremony & reception at the Audubon, and it was as dreamy and beautiful as you can imagine! Laura was easy and a pleasure to work with, responsive and professional. The property is gorgeous, and your guests will love it too!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Mitchell · Married on 01/07/2017

Our wedding ceremony at the Audubon House was absolutely perfect!! Thank you to all the staff that helped make our big day so memorable! Highly recommend this beautiful location!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Christine · Married on 12/29/2016

Our wedding was beautiful at Audubon House in the their gardens. The venue exceeded our expectations for quality and beauty.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Kelly · Married on 12/03/2016

We had our wedding at the Audubon House in December 2016 and IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! Laura was SOO helpful, accommodating and responsive! She let us rearrange the entire place and worked with us through everything! The Audubon House is pet friendly so we were able to have our dog there almost the entire time. Also, the property is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I was in love with it the moment I saw it and I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful location for our wedding. Definitely recommend the Audubon House!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Kelly,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful 5.0 review! We were thrilled to hear that you and Scott loved the property so much. You did an amazing job with your décor, so I'm not surprised that everything looked spectacular! It's always fun when not only your family and friends can attend and be part of your wedding day, but when your beloved dog can be included in the ceremony, that's special too. All the best to you and Scott:)! ~ Laura Mckenna

Cassie · Married on 09/24/2016

We hosted our wedding here September 24, 2016. Laura and her staff are amazing to work with and I couldn't have dreamed of a better venue! Every detail and every beautiful flower doesn't go unnoticed!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Cassie,
    Thank you for your 5.0 review! We are so pleased that you loved the venue so much, the gardens truly are magical! Congratulations to you and Corey, we wish you both a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness!

Erica · Married on 04/23/2016

Audubon House & Tropical Gardens was a beautiful wedding ceremony/reception location. The orchids and other flowers were in bloom and the grounds are gorgeous. Laura and Joanne were incredibly helpful throughout, and it was such a pleasure working with them. This venue combines the beauty of a garden environment and historic Key West elements to create the perfect setting. We had 82 people there, and all of our guests enjoyed every minute of it. The location is perfect in the heart of the city, and the different spaces around the grounds created great areas for ceremony, reception, food/bar, and dancing. Thank you so much for an incredible evening! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Erica,
    It was truly a pleasure to work with you and your mom Sharon. Thank you for the wonderful 5.0 review! It's great to hear that you and your family loved the venue so much and found the property so beautiful, we do too! Feel free to stop by and enjoy the gardens anytime! The best to you and Owen, wishing you both a fun filled life together! ~ Laura Mckenna

Casey · Married on 12/05/2015

Not only is the venue beautiful but Laura made the planning easy. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the ceremony was. There is little you'll need to do because its just a naturally beautiful place. Would highly recommend this as a wedding venue in Key West.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Casey,
    Thank you for such a great review on weddingwire! It was wonderful to hear that your guests were so complimentary of our property and found the venue so beautiful. It truly was a pleasure meeting you and your family. We wish you both an amazing journey in your new life together as husband and wife!
    Warm regards,
    Laura McKenna

Kara · Married on 10/10/2015

The Audubon House was a wedding venue more beautiful than my wildest dreams! When my fiance and I moved to Key West, we decided to get married there but weren't into the beach wedding thing. The lush, tropical setting at the Audubon house was perfect. Laura was incredibly helpful every step of the way. On the day of our wedding, our 70 guests were blown away by how gorgeous the whole setting was. It was pretty hot even for October 10th, so everyone loved cooling off inside the house and greatly enjoyed the provided tour. We're so happy we chose the Audubon House and so grateful to Laura, Joanna and everyone for their part in our perfect wedding!!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kara,
    Thank you for such a glowing review on weddingwire! Honestly, it was an absolute pleasure working with you! It was so great to see you and Jason having such a wonderful time with your family and friends. We received a lot of compliments from your guests about how romantic and beautiful they thought the setting was, and your Indiana Jones theme was a huge hit! Please come by the property anytime to say hello. Wishing you and Jason a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness! Laura McKenna ~ Event Coordinator

Julia · Married on 09/06/2015

My daughter had her wedding May 5th at the Audobon House. What an amazing and beautiful venue! If you want a historic and tropical venue for your event, this is the place to be. The staff that were on site during the wedding were unbelievably helpful and went above and beyond when heavy rains interrupted a portion of the reception. I would definitely recommend the Audobon House and their staff for your event!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Lisa · Married on 05/30/2015

We originally booked the Audubon house from 7-11pm, after consideration of how much dancing time we wanted we called back and asked to add an extra hour. It was no problem and they made it really easy for us. The day of the wedding they had us in separate buildings in the A/C to keep us cool until ceremony time. They gave me and my dad some privacy right before the ceremony which I thought was very considerate of them. They were nothing but accommodating to us. The atmosphere was absolutely gorgeous and I could not have asked a for a better looking garden. We did have wedding crashers, not that it mattered to me, just means my party was that awesome, but they were able to hop the fence, so just make sure you have a wedding planner around to take care of that. I did not even know it happened until the next day so as the bride I wasn't aware of any problems. But as I said before it was so beautiful there, the lighting was perfect, the colors in the garden were fabulous, the dance area had plenty of room and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Lisa,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Audubon House on WeddingWire. It always makes us feel good when we know the bride and groom had a GREAT time! We apologize about the wedding crashers and understand they were asked to leave the property promptly after the staff became aware of the problem. All in all though, it sounds like everyone had an amazing evening and the gardens looked spectacular! Congratulations to you and Ariel, we wish you all the best!

Ariel · Married on 05/30/2015

The Audubon House now has a permanent place in my heart. If you are looking for a centrally located, beautiful, and suitably private venue to hold your wedding in Key West this is a great choice.

The house in itself is beautiful and immaculately kept. The grounds include well maintained red brick walkways and patios, surrounded by a colorful lush tropical landscape. Its a space that's beautifully framed for an intimate wedding. The staff was kind and accommodating, at no point did we feel out of place or not at home. The space is larger than you think looking at it from the street; behind the house there is an expansive space, plenty of room for tables, a dance floor, and food prep and presentation. The facility also includes easily accessible restrooms for your guests. It has it all, privacy, beauty, and location...so once your big day is over you're only a stone's throw away from the action on Duval. I can't recommend it enough.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Ariel,
    It was so great to see that both you and Lisa took the time to write a review about the Audubon House on WeddingWire. It sounds like it was an amazing evening for you both! We agree, it truly is a romantic setting and the gardens are spectacular. Thank you for choosing the Audubon House as the venue for your special day. We wish you both a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness!
    Laura McKenna~ Event Coordinator

Courtney · Married on 02/21/2015

The Audubon house was a magical location for our wedding reception! The flowers were in full bloom, the leaves were lush and green, and it could not have looked more tropical and elegant. We were very pleased with the quality of the location and service. Thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Beatriz · Married on 11/22/2014

we had our reception here and it was a party of 122 and did not think everyone would fit but they did and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!

We had a great time and best of all everyone else did too!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Beatriz,
    Thank you for reaching out to us recently and sharing the beautiful photograph of you and Thomas on your wedding day! We are thrilled that you and your guests had such a wonderful time at the property. We agree, it truly is a beautiful venue! All the best to you and Thomas! ~ Laura McKenna Event Coordinator Audubon House & Tropical Gardens