31 Reviews for Audubon House & Tropical Gardens

Uncovered Outdoor (8)
31 Audubon House & Tropical Gardens Reviews

I could not have been happier with the Audubon House as our venue! It is so beautiful you need MINIMAL décor to make this place look like a million bucks. Working with Laura was amazing - she was our day of coordinator as well. The groups are beautiful, the set-up is perfect, and it feels extremely intimate even though it is on a busier street.

You have to bring everything in, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was. Laura coordinated with all of the vendors on logistics, so that made things a lot easier on me. Being able to bring in our own booze and just pay our caterer for bartending services was a huge plus - we were able to offer really top shelf liquor and wine for a fraction of the price you pay for an open bar through a caterer.

We had about 70 guests at 7 tables of 10 and it was the perfect fit in the front garden area - the layout of the property was perfect for this size group, but I know they can do bigger.

Profile Picture emilie, 11/5/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Laura and John were both amazing! Laura helped plan the intimate (like just the 2 of us) wedding of our dreams. It was so easy to work with her when setting up the event. The venue pricing was extremely reasonable and they were happy to work with us on timing as the museum closed. John met us the day of and stayed late to help us. He suggested great spots for pictures and helped us choose the ceremony location. The wedding couldn't have been more perfect! We can't wait to go back to KW and the Audubon House.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had our ceremony & reception at the Audubon, and it was as dreamy and beautiful as you can imagine! Laura was easy and a pleasure to work with, responsive and professional. The property is gorgeous, and your guests will love it too!

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/28/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding ceremony at the Audubon House was absolutely perfect!! Thank you to all the staff that helped make our big day so memorable! Highly recommend this beautiful location!

Profile Picture Mitchell, 1/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was beautiful at Audubon House in the their gardens. The venue exceeded our expectations for quality and beauty.

Profile Picture Christine, 12/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had our wedding at the Audubon House in December 2016 and IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! Laura was SOO helpful, accommodating and responsive! She let us rearrange the entire place and worked with us through everything! The Audubon House is pet friendly so we were able to have our dog there almost the entire time. Also, the property is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I was in love with it the moment I saw it and I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful location for our wedding. Definitely recommend the Audubon House!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 12/3/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

We hosted our wedding here September 24, 2016. Laura and her staff are amazing to work with and I couldn't have dreamed of a better venue! Every detail and every beautiful flower doesn't go unnoticed!

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Audubon House & Tropical Gardens was a beautiful wedding ceremony/reception location. The orchids and other flowers were in bloom and the grounds are gorgeous. Laura and Joanne were incredibly helpful throughout, and it was such a pleasure working with them. This venue combines the beauty of a garden environment and historic Key West elements to create the perfect setting. We had 82 people there, and all of our guests enjoyed every minute of it. The location is perfect in the heart of the city, and the different spaces around the grounds created great areas for ceremony, reception, food/bar, and dancing. Thank you so much for an incredible evening! I highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Erica, 4/23/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Not only is the venue beautiful but Laura made the planning easy. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the ceremony was. There is little you'll need to do because its just a naturally beautiful place. Would highly recommend this as a wedding venue in Key West.

Profile Picture Casey, 12/5/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

The Audubon House was a wedding venue more beautiful than my wildest dreams! When my fiance and I moved to Key West, we decided to get married there but weren't into the beach wedding thing. The lush, tropical setting at the Audubon house was perfect. Laura was incredibly helpful every step of the way. On the day of our wedding, our 70 guests were blown away by how gorgeous the whole setting was. It was pretty hot even for October 10th, so everyone loved cooling off inside the house and greatly enjoyed the provided tour. We're so happy we chose the Audubon House and so grateful to Laura, Joanna and everyone for their part in our perfect wedding!!!

Profile Picture Kara, 10/10/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

We originally booked the Audubon house from 7-11pm, after consideration of how much dancing time we wanted we called back and asked to add an extra hour. It was no problem and they made it really easy for us. The day of the wedding they had us in separate buildings in the A/C to keep us cool until ceremony time. They gave me and my dad some privacy right before the ceremony which I thought was very considerate of them. They were nothing but accommodating to us. The atmosphere was absolutely gorgeous and I could not have asked a for a better looking garden. We did have wedding crashers, not that it mattered to me, just means my party was that awesome, but they were able to hop the fence, so just make sure you have a wedding planner around to take care of that. I did not even know it happened until the next day so as the bride I wasn't aware of any problems. But as I said before it was so beautiful there, the lighting was perfect, the colors in the garden were fabulous, the dance area had plenty of room and everyone had a great time.

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Audubon House now has a permanent place in my heart. If you are looking for a centrally located, beautiful, and suitably private venue to hold your wedding in Key West this is a great choice.

The house in itself is beautiful and immaculately kept. The grounds include well maintained red brick walkways and patios, surrounded by a colorful lush tropical landscape. Its a space that's beautifully framed for an intimate wedding. The staff was kind and accommodating, at no point did we feel out of place or not at home. The space is larger than you think looking at it from the street; behind the house there is an expansive space, plenty of room for tables, a dance floor, and food prep and presentation. The facility also includes easily accessible restrooms for your guests. It has it all, privacy, beauty, and location...so once your big day is over you're only a stone's throw away from the action on Duval. I can't recommend it enough.

Profile Picture Ariel, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The Audubon house was a magical location for our wedding reception! The flowers were in full bloom, the leaves were lush and green, and it could not have looked more tropical and elegant. We were very pleased with the quality of the location and service. Thank you!

Profile Picture Courtney, 2/21/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we had our reception here and it was a party of 122 and did not think everyone would fit but they did and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!

We had a great time and best of all everyone else did too!!

Profile Picture Beatriz, 11/22/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception here this past Sunday, 11/16/14. The venue was GORGEOUS!! It was amazingly romantic! Mart was a pleasure to work with. The staff that was working the night of our wedding were also excellent.

Profile Picture User3551464, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Audubon house is very professional and helpful. They answered my calls and emails in a timely manner. The Audubon house is such a beautiful place to have an event at..... all of our guests loved the place. They made our wedding day very stress-free :)

Profile Picture User4217910, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved working with Audubon and their fantastic venue. Great price (make sure to have a day of planner for more savings!), the location was perfect, gardens gorgeous (didn't have to buy as many flowers!), and a great alternative to banquet hall wedding receptions.

Profile Picture User4178370, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Audubon House and Tropical Gardens was a perfect venue for our ceremony and reception. We planned everything from abroad and were unable to visit the venue beforehand. The photos and Google StreetView do not do it justice. The gardens and house are gorgeous and there are various sections for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dance floor. The price was very reasonable and the staff were great to work with. For reference, our wedding was about 60 guests. We would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Brandi, 6/29/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful setting for a reception and staff was wonderful to work with (definitely have a backup because you cannot have anything inside, but our caterer, Great Events, had several backups lined up for us)! My wedding had 32 people total which allowed for plenty of room for guests to move around and be comfortable, so it is ideal for small weddings. They do a lot of weddings so they know how things work and are very helpful with recommending reputable vendors! Because they are such a popular site, make sure you book as far in advance as possible!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/11/08, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Audubon House is a beautiful and unique venue in the heart of Key West's old town, downtown area. It was perfect for our intimate, 54 guest, wedding and the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception spaces were each different and beautiful. Getting married here is a bit of a gamble because it's 100% outdoors, but definitely worth it. The gardens are very beautiful and enclose the space making it private despite being in the middle of downtown.

Profile Picture User5305724, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The Audubon House was the crowning jewel of my wedding. If ever you wanted to get married in a garden, at a venue with history, in the heart of Key West, this must be it. It was smooth sailing from the day we met with the coordinator there. Laura was great at checking in and keeping me informed of any changes vendors might have made. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! Well maintained and exciting. The house is open to the guests with a tour guide for refuge from the South Florida sun. The layout was spacious for my 75 guests though small enough to feel intimate. And all the flowers- totally helped cut my florist budget!

We'll visit again soon.

Profile Picture Alejandra, 4/12/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Audubon House provided the most beautiful backdrop for our Key West wedding. Living in Florida we wanted something different then the typical beach wedding and this beautiful historic garden was it. As pretty as this site is during the day, its gorgeous at night with maket lighting and onsite lanterns lighting up the flora. Our pictures are amazing. The staff was very friendly and accomidating.

Profile Picture Holly, 2/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we walked into the Audubon House and Tropical gardens serene setting, we knew it was where we wanted to get married! The gorgeous gardens and the initial tour by Joann sold it for us. It had the exact feel we were hoping for. The gardens are well covered by foliage so there was plenty of shade for a hot July day. The location is perfection, close to our guest’s accommodations (Hyatt Centric) and close to all the bars for the after party on our wedding night! The space was perfect, the ceremony took place on the porch and the band was set up behind that. We turned the porch into the dancing stage and everyone loved it! We had about 125 people in attendance and it felt full but not crowded for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, the dinner, and then the dancing! I was concerned about there only being 2 bathrooms for that many people, but there were not issues – it was smooth sailing and no one had to wait long. Overall the venue exceeded my expectations, the sheer beauty was an amazing back drop for us to celebrate our wedding day and a place that we will continue to visit now that it holds so many memories. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Christi, 7/28/17, 7 Reviews
4.7

Value was incredible for this small wedding venue. On the day of the event, rain threatened, leaving us few (cooperative) options. Luckily it did not rain and we were able to use the facility. Highly recommend for smaller (

Profile Picture Scott, 3/1/02, 6 Reviews