Auburn Quartet Reviews

Auburn Quartet View more information

Donna Married on 12/10/2016
    What a pleasure to work with the Auburn Quartet. For our ceremony we only needed the Duo but it was absolutely perfect for what we needed for our intimate, evening wedding ceremony.
    Virginia Married on 10/08/2016
    Absolutely beautiful and very easy to work with! They provided exactly what we wanted!
    Tracy Married on 08/02/2008
    We had the quartet play during our ceremony, and it was perfect. They have a ton of music to choose from, and are very easy to work with. Their music is so pretty! I couldn't believe how good they sounded! We didn't have any sound amplifiers or anything like that and it was still plenty loud. They made the ceremony unforgettable for everyone there! The price was very reasonable.
    Jill Married on 07/28/2018
    My daughter, the bride, had especially anticipated the beautifully played selections she had chosen from the Auburn Quartet's repertoire. Our family was excited to put forward classical music both for worshipful wedding music and also to encourage those who are used to what is often mediocre music at best at wedding ceremonies.

We hired a cello and violin, and the instrumentalists were nice and friendly. However, we could have paid one fifth the cost and hired local high school musicians we know--and gotten better results. Furthermore, the musicians, to my knowledge, did not put forth effort to familiarize themselves with the order of the music on site (they have a no-rehearsal policy as well). They were halting and at one point talked between themselves at a point in the ceremony when all else was quiet and they were supposed to be playing.

My daughter's disappointment in the bridal processional and recessional was difficult to bear after putting so much thought into this part of her wedding. Those two pieces in particular bore no resemblance to the passages in the selections she chose.

My daughter and her husband urged me to write this review, especially after the Auburn Quartet management did not respond to a letter I sent to state my complaints five days after the wedding. It has now been five weeks. In contrast, the band we hired for the reception sent a SASE and Evaluation Form through the mail, which I received several days post-wedding.

I wish I could write a different review. For those who wish to hire this group, you should not go on the internet musical selections. Go hear the people who will be performing for you...in person.