Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center Reviews

25 | Rehoboth Beach, DE

25 Reviews for Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center

• Alexis

Alexis Z. · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Wow what an awesome venue

Joe is absolutely outstanding!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Cheryl

Cheryl L. · Married on 05/30/2021

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

I can't review the staff and hotel at Atlantic Sands highly enough. Simply put, it was perfect. Last March, my now wife and I visited in our evaluation of venues. The moment we met Mr. McDonald (Joe) we knew we would be in great hands. We did a destination wedding to our favorite beach town with a total attending guest list of about 65 people. Joe and his staff answered literally dozens of emails with questions, recommendations, and assistance. They never once made me feel like an imposition. They even had items we could be borrow to help fill out our existing decor and helped make our vision perfect.

The week of the wedding we met with the whole team to go over final details. When we found out that the weather was not going to cooperate, they helped move our welcome party for our guests into the Grille where our rehearsal took place. They also helped move the wedding into the ballroom which turned out to be even better than we could have imagined. They let us in early to set up the wedding (I'm a hands on person) and took care of so much. They made us feel like we were their only wedding even though they had three in that weekend.

Even after the wedding they continued to make us feel like we were special. I really can't thank them enough.

If you are looking for a venue that will maintain communication, help guide you through the questions and process, and provide an absolutely wonderful experience...please contact The Atlantic Sands. Joe, Megan, and Mercedes have our absolute thanks for making our dream reality.

Sent on 06/06/2021
  • Doug

Doug M. · Married on 10/12/2019

Match made in heaven!

Can't recommend Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center enough. From our initial visit a year before our wedding date (got married in October 2019), the place just felt like the right fit. Joe and his team made us feel welcome and answered each and every single one of our questions and requests (trust me there were a lot of both) throughout the year.

The venue is pretty. It's spacious. It's accommodating. Everything is right there. The food was outstanding. The drink line-up was lenghty. The backdrop was beautiful. Talking to outside vendors we hired for various things, most of them all said they love dealing with the people at Atlantic Sands ... and we understand why.

Joe and staff made us feel like family. They are the type of people you would invite to your wedding. Your magical day is going to be a special one no matter what; but the right partner, the right audience and the right venue can make it extra special.

Sent on 06/03/2020

Angel · Married on 06/29/2019

Looking forward to our wedding on the beach

Staff was very informative and able to answer all of our questions. Recieved a tour and were very happy with what they have to offer. Since our first meeting, we signed a contract, paid the deposit, and have keep in contact with the facility. They are quick to respond with any questions that come up.

Sent on 03/28/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy J. · Married on 05/02/2019

Perfect Beach Front Location

We had our reception in the downstairs restaurant as a 'semi-private' event. Both Joe and Patricia were knowledgeable, responsive, and helpful. They seemed genuinely excited for our big day. They helped us every step of the way and guided us when we were unsure. The food was excellent, drinks were outstanding (made by a bar tender we personally requested from their staff - Sarah) and the set up was perfect. Pricing was reasonable (I know it has since gone up though). Overall, we were very satisfied and plan to revisit the hotel in the future.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Chervon · Married on 09/03/2017

Had a lovely time here. That made sure everything was perfect

Sent on 09/19/2017

Holly · Married on 12/03/2016

Our daughters wedding was held here. Excellent Location, Excellent Value, We visited several venues before selecting the Atlantic Sands. Justin and Lauren were the best. Great food, beautiful venue. Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception held here. On scale of 1 to 10 it was an eleven. Let them know your vision and they will take it from there.

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • User4719101 · 2+ years ago

I honestly can not recommend this hotel enough. We booked our wedding a year out and started working with Lindsay and immediately knew that we made the right choice. She is a true professional and kept us informed and calm through the entire process. She is extremely knowledgeable and made some great suggestions to make the day go perfectly.

Justin helped us with the room blocks for all of our guests and was very responsive with any questions, quick to add rooms, and helped everyone with their stay!

Lastly, Zoltan was there the day of the wedding and is a star. He was always available if we needed him and stayed in contact through the day. The roof got a little cold once the sun went down and Zoltan and his team moved our entire cocktail hour setup inside in a flash so that everyone was comfortable. I can't thank him enough for his attention to detail and how good he is at his job!

Sent on 11/14/2015

The staff at the sands helped me get through a rain crisis, three deliveries and coordinated everything perfectly for my wedding. Lindsay gave me complete confidence from the day I visited until the day after the wedding. Zoltan communicated with me hourly as we got everything checked off the list. The food was amazing everyone was full at cocktail hour !!! They put out plenty of apps and kept the bar line short. Justin confirmed my room block and gave our family an awesome deal for a mini vacation after the wedding. The hotel renovations are beautiful everything was so clean and we are so happy with the memories we made here. Thanks Sands Staff.

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • User4832016 · 2+ years ago

Lindsay and Zoltan are absolutely amazing. They pay attention to absolutely every detail there could be. They are available and ready for everything. We had our ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on the roof, and reception in the ballroom. Everything was absolutely perfect. The guests enjoy staying at the hotel. The food was amazing. They even delivered our leftovers to our bridal suite after for us to eat later. Everyone had a blast!

Sent on 05/09/2015
  • User3942051 · 2+ years ago

2 names Lindsay and Zoltan- They are an amazing team and they have every detail covered. Food was better than anticipated, Lindsay helped set up the reception, Zoltan broke the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception down and held it until the morning for us to pick up! We had our ceremony on the rooftop, cocktail hour in the Atlantic Boardwalk Grille and the reception in the Swann Ballroom, and it couldn't have been more perfect. The added convenience of having the hotel there was very nice because we knew our guests were safe.
    Get married at the sands!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Lindsay and Zoltan at the Atlantic Sands are a dream to work with. They cover every detail of your day. We had our ceremony on the rooftop, cocktail hour and reception in the Swan Ballroom. The food was amazing and our guests are still talking about it!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Great service, did a room block and they waived the two night min for the area. Food was delicious, bar was okay.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Meredith · Married on 09/13/2014

Amazing venue!! Lindsay was amazing to work with and all of the staff were great!!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2013

The Sands really exceeded our expectations for the wedding and reception. We had the ceremony on the beautiful rooftop, cocktail hour on the 4th floor, and the main reception in the ballroom. Lindsay and her team were wonderful to work with and really helped everything run smoothly. We were planning from out of state which I was afraid would be challenging, but there was nothing to worry about. Food was really important to us, and we were extremely happy with the meals (we chose the filet and the crabcakes). The ballroom looked beautiful set up for the wedding and there was plenty of room for our 165 guests. It was great that guests did not need to drive at all once they were in town for the wedding, and the location right on the beach is excellent.

Sent on 10/31/2013
  • Elisha

Elisha · Married on 08/24/2019

Best Beach Wedding

From the food to the room design Joe and Megan ensured my wedding was beyond perfect.. They assisted with every part of process and worked so well with my day of coordinator. If there were any issues I had no knowledge of any of them. In 10 years I will definitely be returning to renew my vows.

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/10/2019

Our wedding was perfect!

We got married in May 2019, and began the process of contracting with Atlantic Sands in May and June or 2018. We worked with Joe from the beginning, and he was very professional and helpful, answering all our questions! Sometimes it took a while to hear back from him, but once he got back to us, he gave us all his attention and I never had any doubts he wanted to help us have the day we wanted. He was knowledgeable and caring throughout the whole process. We ultimately chose the Sands as our venue because we felt the value was great. Their prices were great, especially for a Friday wedding! Also, they included in the package the bridal suite for the night of the wedding. When the day came, Joe and the team at the Atlantic Sands hotel was fantastic. They treated us very well and all the food, drinks, and decorations came together exactly as we hoped! They even got creative without sweetheart table and decorated it beautifully! We had no idea what to do with that table so it was a wonderful surprise coming to the reception after introductions and seeing it! Everything about our day came together beautifully and we got so many compliments about how lovely everything was put together. Thank you so much for everything, Joe and the team at the Atlantic Sands Hotel! We have memories of a day we will never forget!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2017

We held our wedding at The Atlantic Sands last week and we could not have been happier with the service they provided. They were without a coordinator when we started the planning process, which made us nervous, but the sales director Barbara was with us every step of the way. Once they hired their current coordinator, Joe, we knew we were in good hands! The beach ceremony was absolutely beautiful, the ballroom was set up perfectly and the food was excellent! We're so happy to have chosen this as the venue for our big day!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Amber · Married on 11/26/2011

I had trouble finding a venue within my price range at the beach in November. But when I saw the ballroom at the Atlantic Sands I knew it would be perfect. I had a little issue with the catering manager leaving and not being notified, but Chris, the person who took over was extremely helpful in everything from there on out. The packages come all inclusive; we got a 5 hour open bar with our package (which was a big hit with our guests). Everything came out perfectly and beautifully and they were willing to work with us and our schedule and needs. I definitely recommend hosting your event at the Atlantic Sands :)

Sent on 12/02/2011

Ashleigh · Married on 09/04/2014

Fabulous venue with a amazing view. We had our wedding on a Sunday afternoon and the weather and the food was perfect. Lindsay was amazing with us she was our event coordinator and the staff was friendly and helpful when it came to setting up the venue. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Diane · Married on 04/20/2013

Our wedding coordinator Lindsay was the best. She was very responsive throughout the process, and remained extremely flexible. We had a great event, using the rooftop area for our cocktail hour, and the ballroom for our reception. Everything was perfect. I wish we could do it again, and if we could, we would definitely use the Atlantic Sands.

Sent on 05/13/2013
  • Ashley

Ashley W. · Married on 11/05/2019

4.2
      2.0

Beautiful Venue Spot for a Wedding

The Atlantic Sands was a beautiful spot to get married. They were amazing to work with. We were not able to set the venue up the day before our wedding, since there was an event; but they did a wonderful job setting up the venue like we dreamed of. We choose to have the stationed option and it was delicious! Joe was very helpful throughout our wedding. =)

Sent on 05/28/2019

Daniel · Married on 06/08/2018

3.8
      3.0

It was a beautiful wedding all worked out well in the end

Sent on 06/21/2018
  • PMSox

Tamara · Married on 10/12/2008

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

The Sands put on a great reception. We opted for a Sunday brunch reception, which saved us a fair amount of money. Allison, our special event coordinator at the hotel was very easy to work with and very flexible. The onsite caterer was willing to work with us to make our reception exactly the way we wanted. They also helped organize and set up our ceremony on the beach just over the boardwalk from the hotel. An ideal location! The Atlantic Sands has two different options for reception locations and they had additional conference rooms available in case we needed to move our ceremony inside because of the weather.

My one complaint has more to do with the hotel itself than the reception. Many of our guests chose to stay onsite for the weekend. The rooms are beautiful and clean, but several of our guests reported that items were missing from their room after the reception. The hotel staff wasn't particularly helpful in recovering any of the missing items. Honestly, I can recommend the Atlantic Sands as a ceremony/reception venue, but not as a hotel.

Sent on 06/03/2009
  • Heather

Heather · Getting married on 08/29/2021

1.8
      1.0

Devasted is not even the word

My fiance and I looked into this location for our wedding next summer. At first everything was amazing. I absolutely had my heart set on this venue. Because of the fact that two weddings would have been booked, we would have had to use the downstairs restaurant, at that time thinking I was getting the whole space I was happy. When we did a return visit for my fiance to see the location we learned we would only be able to use half. Which was still perfectly fine. When I was contacted again, I was told everything was good to go. So I told him to write up the contract and I have cash in hand for the deposit. A few days went by and I did not have the contrag, for a week and a half i continued to contact them with no responses. Finally, I received an email, come to find out one of them went to my spam folder, which was only sent the day before I got a return email. I was then informed we had to wait for the town to approve of two weddings to be held on the beach on the same day. That was false. When I called today to ask what was going on, I was informed that we would have to use another vendor to set up the wedding to the tune of $1000. When I am paying you to set up a location, I should not also have to pay someone else to do it as well. Or we could have the wedding inside which is not a complete option as that is not what I want or would be giving them the money for, not to mention they will not close the whole restaurant so the wedding and reception in just half of the venue does not fit or work at all. I was told too many stories on less then 10 minutes. I have now lost any other venue because I stopped searching after being told we were all set up to go. So thank yo I got completely ruining my big day and me losing all beach options I could have had.

Sent on 07/05/2019